Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:56 AM

Little left, little down, I'm pretty close to the center. tongue.gif

#5 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:13 AM

Smack dab in the middle. Half a square right. Right where I figured I'd be tongue.gif

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:36 AM

#7 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:13 PM

(2,0) tongue.gif Too lazy to printscreen.

#8 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:55 PM

edit

Edited by Kyle, 16 April 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#9 zigzag

zigzag
  • 444 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:32 PM

Took this last in University politics class last year. Looks like I've moved a few boxes down and to the left.

By the way, the left/right is economic, up/down is social.

Edited by Fred Hampton, 07 October 2008 - 01:35 PM.

#10 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

Couple boxs left, half way between middle and authortarian.

#11 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:56 PM

#12 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

Taken it before. Even have it on facebook. But I'll do it again for you guys tongue.gif

Also, its a good idea to take a look at the page they display following the test. In particular, these images:

It puts your ideals into perspective.

Also, I had a topic a long time ago about something that shows up on this test. The idea that people with inherited disabilities shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. It got like three replies tongue.gif

#13 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

i think im over by ayn rand's dot lol

#14 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:10 PM

#15 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

I thought Ron Paul was a libertarian.

Edited by FlashGM, 07 October 2008 - 07:17 PM.

#16 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:24 PM

what the fuck? that graph is completely off on pretty much every person they have on it lol

#17 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

#18 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (FlashGM @ Oct 7 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought Ron Paul was a libertarian.
Ron Paul is an economic libertarian. Which is a funny way of saying he wants a free market. A true libertarian is what the international community calls a social libertarian. The graph I posted uses it as a label for one of the axis.

QUOTE (nox @ Oct 7 2008, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what the fuck? that graph is completely off on pretty much every person they have on it lol

Not really. I mean, the dems might be a bit high on the y axis, but those are generally right.

#19 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (redlion @ Oct 8 2008, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ron Paul is an economic libertarian. Which is a funny way of saying he wants a free market. A true libertarian is what the international community calls a social libertarian. The graph I posted uses it as a label for one of the axis.

Not really. I mean, the dems might be a bit high on the y axis, but those are generally right.

Ya, I don't think democrats are that authoritarian. They even seem a bit too far right

Also Mike Gravel is an interesting guy, first one I saw in the purple quadrant besides Friedman and he has alot of interesting opinions.

http://en.wikipedia...._of_Mike_Gravel

#20 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (redlion @ Oct 8 2008, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

uh...no man...are you confusing right and left lol (mike gravel is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy far left)

and nah man ron paul is a libertarian lol

Edited by nox, 08 October 2008 - 05:10 AM.

#21 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (nox @ Oct 8 2008, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
uh...no man...are you confusing right and left lol (mike gravel is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy far left)

Um, not really. He is in favor of the Fair Tax, which is basically as non-partisan as you can get. His other policies suggest he is in favor of deregulation, which makes him an economic freedom advocate (hence his closeness to the right end of the graph). He might be a liberal in social issues (which he is) but he is most definitely in favor of economic freedom. Otherwise he wouldn't have "...previously sought for the Democratic Party and Libertarian Party nomination for the office of President of the United States of America in 2008."

And Ron Paul is an economic right winger - strong economic freedoms. But he isn't a libertarian in the actual sense of the word. He is a Libertarian, as in the Libertarian Party of the US, but that isn't the same as a libertarian (small 'L').

#22 zigzag

zigzag
  • 444 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:00 AM

In the American scope of politics from a broader understanding, both Republicans and Democrats are right wing. Keep in mind that compass isn't limited to your bullshit pro-life/gay marriage etc social issues, that the Americans have misconstrued (with the help of media brainwashing) social policies as being leftist/rightist. Not that Canada's any better, but Amerikkkas average "Democrat" is more right-wing economically than the average Canadian "Conservative" (of the conservative party).

This compass incorporates a larger range of political philosophy unbeknownst to the average Amerikkkan and generally the right side is capitalist to varying degrees.

Also with the question of libertarianism, that simply means you believe in enabling the largest amount of rights for the people with little regulation (with Anarchism being the highest level of libertarianism). The Libertarian Party (note the capitalized L) has butchered this word to perpetuate their right-wing agenda in deregulation for companies which hundreds of years of class struggle fought for by workers has gained them (minimum wages, child labour, vacation, sick pay, pension, etc). Any deregulation would completely revert this even further than it already is in the Amerikkkan state for your average worker (especially now with the crisis).

Edited by Fred Hampton, 08 October 2008 - 08:12 AM.

#23 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (Fred Hampton @ Oct 8 2008, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the American scope of politics from a broader understanding, both Republicans and Democrats are right wing. Keep in mind that compass isn't limited to your bullshit pro-life/gay marriage etc social issues, that the Americans have misconstrued (with the help of media brainwashing) social policies as being leftist/rightist. Not that Canada's any better, but Amerikkkas average "Democrat" is more right-wing economically than the average Canadian "Conservative" (of the conservative party).

This compass incorporates a larger range of political philosophy unbeknownst to the average Amerikkkan and generally the right side is capitalist to varying degrees.

Amerikkkan? rofl.gif

I think it's pretty obvious though that most the issues people put the spotlight on aren't all the main issues within politics. It's not surprising really, politics is 90% theatrics, as evidenced by the fact that Reagan was ever a president.

#24 zigzag

zigzag
  • 444 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (Fred Hampton @ Oct 8 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also with the question of libertarianism, that simply means you believe in enabling the largest amount of rights for the people with little regulation (with Anarchism being the highest level of libertarianism). The Libertarian Party (note the capitalized L) has butchered this word to perpetuate their right-wing agenda in deregulation for companies which hundreds of years of class struggle fought for by workers has gained them (minimum wages, child labour, vacation, sick pay, pension, etc). Any deregulation would completely revert this even further than it already is in the Amerikkkan state for your average worker (especially now with the crisis).

Quoted as to not get overlooked, last on first page. blink.gif;

QUOTE (pyke @ Oct 8 2008, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amerikkkan? rofl.gif

I think it's pretty obvious though that most the issues people put the spotlight on aren't all the main issues within politics. It's not surprising really, politics is 90% theatrics, as evidenced by the fact that Reagan was ever a president.

It's true, western capitalist politics is a soap opera.

#25 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (Fred Hampton @ Oct 8 2008, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your point on libertarianism is exactly what I was trying to say, but more radical. Ron Paul and other Libertarians in the US aren't exactly social libertarians in the actual sense of the word.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users