Photo

Political Compass

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#26 zigzag

zigzag
  • 444 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:27 AM

I have no qualms with the word 'radical'. As Brother Malcolm once said when he was called an extremist, he responded:

"If we are extremists, then we are not ashamed of it, the conditions that our people suffer are extreme and an extreme illness cannot be cured by moderate medicine". Malcolm X

Also, I have a bit of a personal problem with Ron Paul. He's painted as the underdog and is done so by the mainstream media, and glorified by those that ride his dick on the web. This subculture just seems so unnatural, sometimes I get the feeling that Ron Paul is the CIA's backup: If shit goes down the tubes, when people start to rise up because they're still getting fucked in the ass socially, economically, politically by Obama or McCain (or Palin, that's also possible), instead of channeling their rage to revolution as history shows the enraged masses will do, they will instead turn to the "Ron Paul R[3V0l]UTION" of capitalist corporate deregulation (anti-worker), social authoritarianism (anti-worker) which will only make their problems even greater. Heh, I hope that won't happen, it's a bit of a nightmare but I still wouldn't be surprised considering what Amerikkkas shown to be capable of.. I'm just thinking out loud (on text).

Edited by Fred Hampton, 08 October 2008 - 08:37 AM.

#27 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (Fred Hampton @ Oct 8 2008, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's true, western capitalist politics is a soap opera.

Just western huh?

#28 zigzag

zigzag
  • 444 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (sonic/vegas's daddy @ Oct 8 2008, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just western huh?

I can't speak for other nations, haven't lived there long enough, but I'd definitely assume not as much considering they don't experience as 'privileged' living conditions that we have here today, so they have real shit to worry about.. like drought, unemployment, heavy poverty, hoping not to get in the way of for-profit Amerikkkan imperialism.

Edited by Fred Hampton, 08 October 2008 - 08:15 PM.

#29 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:04 PM

Um... sorry for the thread necromancy guys, but I wanted to have a political compass thread and seeing as there's already one, albeit a few years old, I decided to post it here. If a mod feels this is inappropriate, just remove it.
Posted Image

So this ^ is where I stand on the graph. I guess I'm pretty close in a diagonal fashion to Mugabe and then Stalin :funone:

What about y'all?

Edited by Nunc, 31 December 2010 - 11:05 PM.

#30 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:32 PM

My views haven't changed much. You can read over the topic to see what I think of the test. Your gravedig is an interesting one... usually people gravedig totally useless topics. This one is relevent pretty much... always.

I'll retake the test though, just for you Nunc.

#31 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:37 PM

Aw, thanks :)

EDIT: By the way, if this isn't a bad question, who's the revleft guy with the symbols in his name up there? I've never seen him post before.

Edited by Nunc, 31 December 2010 - 11:42 PM.

#32 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:47 PM

Posted Image

My aunts would kill me if they saw this. They're all about authority and law > everything.

#33 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:10 AM

Rare results man. Do we have another stalin in the making

Posted Image

hmm

Slightly less left and more libertarian

#34 Seren

Seren
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:36 AM

Yep, just like Gandhi.

Posted Image

#35 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:14 AM

Posted Image

#36 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:40 AM

Posted Image

Wow not what i thought i was.

Nice test, touched on a few important areas but im wondering if theres a more advanced test out there? Id be curious to see if my results change more to where I thought i would be.

Edited by Georgina, 01 January 2011 - 01:42 AM.

#37 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:29 AM

2008:

Posted Image

2011:

Posted Image

Apparently I've moved very slightly to the right and very slightly more towards libertarian but otherwise no significant change over the last 2 and a bit years.

Wow not what i thought i was.

Nice test, touched on a few important areas but im wondering if theres a more advanced test out there? Id be curious to see if my results change more to where I thought i would be.

So it turns out you're not a Tory after all. :p

#38 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:49 AM

Posted Image

2008 I was at (2,0) O_o

#39 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:18 PM

Posted Image

Never knew about this site, pretty cool

#40 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

Posted Image

o.o; fuck, nearly complete opposite of what I thought I would get...

#41 alexuyang2

alexuyang2
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

All the way left, about 2 down...nowhere near anybody that they have

#42 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

Posted Image

#43 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:40 PM

Posted Image

Jesus. Why so authoritarian

#44 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

Jesus. Why so authoritarian

There is just no point anymore for democracy when ignorance is celebrated by the unwashed masses

#45 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

There is just no point anymore for democracy when ignorance is celebrated by the unwashed masses

The alternative doesn't seem much better

Why is everything bolded

hmm

testtest

#46 fruityone

fruityone
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

Like most people on this thread, I got in the bottom left box. It's interesting that most leaders shown are in the authoritarian section, you'd think they wouldn't get voted into power seeing that most people (from there anyway) are liberal.

Edit: why the fuck is everything bolded?
Edit 2: onced edited it is not. Hmm...

Edited by fruityone, 01 January 2011 - 04:03 PM.

#47 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

Posted Image

Whoa dude, you're more extremist than me! Nice :funone:

I wish I was that much like Stalin...

Cause, like, Stalin's my hero. The only Georgian to do something good for the world :p

Edited by Nunc, 01 January 2011 - 08:44 PM.

#48 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

I don't like that he killed 20+ million Russian Christians, but he did industrialize Russia, bring Slavism and the Cyrillic script to the unwashed steppe hordes of the Kazakhs, Turkmens, etc., made the Red Army into a fearsome world power and catapulted the reputation of the Soviet Union from that of a regional pariah state to a superpower. Without him arguably, the Nazi German invasion would have toppled russia, which was in Lenin and Trotsky's time an agricultural, highly-divided nation. And Nazis would have probably killed slightly more than 20 million russians.

In addition he deported the Chechens, Kalmyks, Crimean Tatars and other unfavourable groups to Siberia. So he was a strong and powerful statesman, and he benefitted his people, which is all I look for in a leader.

After all the ends justify the means.

#49 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

Do they, though? Does Russia's 15 minutes of fame make up for the 20,000,000 people who lost their lives? What about their fall from superpower and into a somewhat impoverished nation? How is their literacy rate over there? Average life span? Infant mortality rate?

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose... but I don't think the ends justify the means at all.

Well, yeah, 20 million died, but the nazis would've killed more definitely and actually actively tried to wipe out the Russian race. And sure, they may now be only 3rd or 4th place in the rankings, but they are powerful and Putin is a forceful man. They're on the up-and-up now.

Total adult literacy rate (%), 2003–2008*

---

Life expectancy at birth (years), 2008

---

Annual no. of births (thousands), 2008

Annual no. of under-5 deaths (thousands), 2008

20/1545 = 0.0129449838 = 1.29449838% (but it's mostly among the immigrants, the Tajiks and Kyrgyz for example, not true Russians)
---
Source: http://www.unicef.or...statistics.html

#50 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

Now my knowledge of history may be a bit rusty here, but IIRC, it wasn't the red army that defeated the nazis, but the bitter winter. Also, I unfortunately do not believe that Russia has a 100% literacy rate... I just do NOT believe that is an accurate statistic.

Also Putin isn't the President any more, Dmitry Medvedev is... Though I think you sort of admitted what we all know... That Putin runs the show, and that elections are similar to those in Iran and Iraq in the days of Saddam... It's a puppet regime...

I also don't particularly care if Stalin had cured cancer, I don't think you can justify the murder of 20,000,000 people.... That would be like making an argument saying that Hitler did wonderful things for Germany's economy, so what if he killed all the jews?

Compassion is an integral part of humanity. May I suggest you find some. :)

Peace. Love. Unity. Respect.
Cody

100% literacy rates are pretty common in civilised coutries ;)
And one legacy of the soviet union is Russia's education system, which is very thorough and strict. They don't teach the American bullsh*t about 'believing in yourself' and 'stopping bullying' or any of that. They enforce discipline.

And friend, the Red Army did a lot more against germany than the commonly hailed 'mother winter', which is a far oversimplification. The real reason the German Army, which was so adept at pushing forth and assaulting and skilled at all manner of attacks failed to take Moscow, Leningrad, and keep Stalingrad was that their supply lines were extremely over extended, for two reasons:
Firstly, soviet partisans worked to destroy the supply lines of the Germans, and in the words of Xu Zhu, an army can't fight on an empty stomach! And retreating soviet troops practiced a policy of scorched earth, leaving not an oat or stalk of grain for the Germans.
Secondly, the German supply trains operated on a slightly narrower-gauge than the Russians- this meant that German trains couldn't operate on Russian rail lines, and as a result, it was extremely difficult to deliver food, ammo, and oil to front-line troops. And russian roads, being unpaved, turned to slush in the warm months and froze in the winter. So trucks were out too. They had to use horses mostly :p
Germany simply could not keep up a state of perpetual offense, which was neccessary for victory in Russia.

Putin does hold true power in Russia, yes. Like Obama and the democratic party. I don't see your point... ?

If stalin hadn't killed 20 million, hitler would've done in 30 million. I don't want to call you dense, but you'd think if I explained it to you like 3 times you'd get it by now.

Peace. Love. Unity. Respect.
Yes, we must always keep the values of PLUR in our hearts.
I should by an armband engraved with- What Would PLUR Do? and wear it everywhere...? lol.

All this egalitarian bs is making me tired.

Edited by Nunc, 01 January 2011 - 10:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users