08/2008
Posted Image

01/2011
Posted Image

#77 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:54 PM

Well, you show a complete lack of empathy here. Also, what test is it that you have supposedly taken?
--
http://www.psychforu...topic50384.html

#78 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:55 PM

Did you know about that? All of these groups that Stalin expunged had fought against the soviet government in a brutal civil war from 1918-1925.

Err... what about any commies who disagreed with him? The purging of the red guard? Trotsky?

#79 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:57 PM

Err... what about any commies who disagreed with him? The purging of the red guard? Trotsky?

They were going against the ideals of the revolution, wanting a decentralized people's state where there was no central government- an anarchistic, anachronistic ideal. Hitler would've disposed of them in a moment.

The red generals were plotting against Stalin's life. I don't blame him for removing them.

Edited by Nunc, 02 January 2011 - 03:00 PM.

#80 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:25 AM

Most sources I have found have listed the number 20 million either in their low end or their high end figure... It's pretty largely agreed upon 15-20 million minimally died at the hands of Stalin.

I also still find this assumption that Hitler would have killed over 20 million russians to be massively overstated... also, IIRC, the number for Hitler was actually 12 million, with 6 million of those being Jews. I wasn't trying to insinuate that the Jews are the only ones who got killed, far from it. However, they were the largest portion of the deaths that Hitler is accountable for. Regardless, to say that Hitler, who killed a total of 12 million would have killed over 20 million more had he conquered Russia is largely overreaching.

Also, I'm glad you noticed my writing out the numerical value for significance. I think it's generally effective at giving the figure more weight in a persons mind.

Also, even if we do magically assume that your figures, Nunc, are correct and Hitler would have killed 30 million in their place, you are still supporting the needless murder of 20,000,000 people. I don't understand how you can admire and praise a man who murdered so many people... But I think you made your moral position clear when you referred to egalitarianism as "bs".

One exagaratted source does not really make me feel that 20+ million is a justified number.

Do you admire Hitler, too? After all, he did great things for the german economy... :rolleyes: Or does that not fit into your geographical heritage and thus it's not important for you on an ethnic level to support our old pal Adolf?

I would. If I was a German, who had a family, wife, kids, no job and no money. Then comes in Hitler, gives you a job, gives you food, saves your family. It'd take a strong person not to admire a person for doing that, regardless of what the Nazi Regime had comitted.

#81 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:54 PM

I'm a little disappointed by the question set. It has questions I neither agree nor disagree with, such as "Controlling inflation is more important than controlling unemployment." Due to the Phillips Curve I see them as two ends of the same thing, so controlling one is controlling the other.

"Astrology accurately explains many things." Will a question like this really help determine my ideologies?

Posted Image

Eh, that was a bit more libertarian than I expected.

#82 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:58 PM

I'm a little disappointed by the question set. It has questions I neither agree nor disagree with, such as "Controlling inflation is more important than controlling unemployment." Due to the Phillips Curve I see them as two ends of the same thing, so controlling one is controlling the other.

What about stagflation?

Or more likely my understanding of the phillips curve is flawed :p

#83 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:59 PM

"Astrology accurately explains many things." Will a question like this really help determine my ideologies?

Perhaps not, but it will determine if you are a moron or not. Which is always useful ^^

#84 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:29 PM

Perhaps not, but it will determine if you are a moron or not. Which is always useful ^^

Touché! But really, you gave me a real good laugh. Thank you.

What about stagflation?

Or more likely my understanding of the phillips curve is flawed :p

I can agree that stagflation does add a whole extra layer to the equation. However, the way I see it is the equation is just recalibrating to a different equilibrium.

Edited by Dreww, 03 January 2011 - 03:33 PM.

#85 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

http://www.political...-4.50&soc=-4.00

I've taken this test 3 times before. I keep moving closer to the middle each time i take it.

#86 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

This is funny..

Our race has many superior qualities, compared with other races.

There is only 1 race..The other race died out quite a while ago...Unless Ron Perlman is the last remaining Neanderthal..

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -6.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

#87 Vivendio

Vivendio
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:48 PM

A slightly long test, but useful nonetheless.

My results:

Economic (left/right), -4.62
Social (up/down), 2.00

#88 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

That is SUCH an Aquarius thing to say. 

#89 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:46 PM

That is SUCH an Aquarius thing to say. 

Did you look up his birthday just for this post? Because I would admire you if you did.

I have no use for knowledge of Jupiter's travels through the twelve houses or whatever that nonsense is about. Astrological signs are a fancy way of saying what month you were born in, and an excuse to engage in small talk with other 'believers' in the system.

To quote biggie, "whats yo name whats yo sign? soon as he buy that wine I just creep up from behind. and ask you what your interests are, who you be with. things to make you smile, what numbers to dial"

There are better ways to pick up chicks :p

#90 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:15 AM

Posted Image

#91 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:23 AM

Oh no! I'm a commie... :(

#92 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:43 AM

This is funny..

Our race has many superior qualities, compared with other races.

There is only 1 race..The other race died out quite a while ago...Unless Ron Perlman is the last remaining Neanderthal..

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -6.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_%28classification_of_humans%29

lol cant believe you wern't taught that in school. You must be stupid.

Posted Image

GTFO

#93 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:52 AM

I think he was trying to be obtuse and multicultural, Frizzle. Which is not to say you're not correct, I fully agree with you ^_^

#94 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:19 AM

I think he was trying to be obtuse and multicultural, Frizzle. Which is not to say you're not correct, I fully agree with you ^_^

Well, you would.
You're a bigot.
We've established that already.

#95 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

I was just about to make a thread about this but luckily enough we already have one, this would probably be a good one for everyone who hasn't already done so to check and see where they lie with the political compass as a general guideline to help them better understand both themselves and others as we approach debate threads.

Posted Image

Also as a reminder for those of you who will not be taking the test again here is the displacement graph with some easily recognized political figures:

Posted Image

#96 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

http://www.political...-4.50&soc=-3.69

I find it very surreal that I'm really close to Gandhi, politically.

#97 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

I thought I'd me more left wing than this:
Posted ImagePosted Image

I completely forgot I had taken this test before and posted the result here....

Well 4 years later and this is my compass now:

Posted Image

#98 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

So you've become more hippy?

#99 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

So you've become more hippy?

What exactly are hippy political beliefs?

#100 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

Posted Image

Ghandi then? I'll take it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users