• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:17 AM

Hi everyone,

Allow me to introduce you to the newest addition to our program archive -- Abrosia MSAB, our first (functional) Networked Auto Buyer!

Overview:
Abrosia MSAB is a Main Shop Auto Buyer and Igloo Garage Sale Auto Buyer. The premise behind its design is automation; not only does the program not require any lists from the user, but it can do everything from buying items, to selling them, to retrieving the shop till to finance future purchases.

You can choose to either enter 'Database Mode', where it will request the shop lists from the Neocodex Items Database (based on your desired profit margin), or you can use 'Manual Mode' where you can load your favorite MSAB lists into the program. Note that the manual lists support RegEx, if you want to use wildcards.

Configurability:
Virtually everything in Abrosia can be configured via. the settings panel. Wait times, haggle, database settings, manual lists, pricer settings and more can be configured in the program.

You can specify three distinct wait times: General (which is everything but the purchasing pages), Pre-Haggle (which simulates the human response time before clicking an item to purchase), and OCR Wait (which simulates the wait involved with entering the haggle amount and clicking the pet on the captcha). As well, you can specify how long you want to wait in shops, what you want to haggle, etc... Try different settings to see what you prefer, but make sure you don't refresh too fast (ie. below default settings) and AB for too long. That's how people get frozen!

Community:
Chat with other Main Shop ABer users in our built-in IRC chat. Because alerts are designed to be sent everytime a shop restocks, you can even choose to make your auto buyer follow other people's RS alerts if you are in IRC!

As for the pricing aspect of this program, because Abrosia maintains the database by periodically pricing items, we track how much users price and display the results here. See where you rank!

Technology:

The technology behind our auto buyer is fairly advanced (compared to other auto buyers). For instance, our pet recognition system for the main shop purchasing page does not use the darkest-pixel method, like many other auto buyers use. As a consequence, their ABers can be very predictable. Our OCR, created by Laser Wave, uses a combination of factors to decide where to click. In a trial of 1000 images, our OCR achieved a success rate of 99.7% (3 images incorrect), whereas the darkest-pixel method only achieved 99.3% (7 images incorrect).

Also, our items database engine uses internal caching to ensure that whatever overhead that arises from always contacting Neocodex will be reduced. Multi-threading is used in the program to ensure that the processes dealing with the items database do not conflict with the auto buying processes. With over 10,000 items being priced normally every day, the data that the database possesses can be very accurate, and so everyone's lists are therefore improved by further use of the program.

During our beta tests, our testers have earned millions of NP with this program. Try out different settings and see if you can too! :D

Click here to download!

Also, be sure to follow our twitter account (ncodex) for any future updates. :p

We still have lots of updates and new features to add to this program, thanks to the suggestions of our Private Members.

Also thank you Dan and channel_49 for collaboration on designing the GUI. :D

#2 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:24 AM

This is the result of three to four weeks of hard work, SL. Great job!

#3 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:26 AM

* fixed your twitter link Hydro *

Thanks. :D I have to admit, I didn't work on it in some of that time but I was heavily involved with the Items Database and other things on Neocodex. :p

Next objective: Get that front page up and start our advertising campaign.

#4 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:51 AM

BY THE WAY:

Maybe it would be a good idea to list the limits put in place for basic members?

I think it would be nice to give them fair warning of what to expect, as well as what freedoms to expect once they've been around a little while

#5 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:55 AM

Ok, fine, I'll outline them quickly for the regular members:

- You guys have a minimum wait time. If you try setting it below a certain minimum it will just reset itself to the minimum.

- You guys cannot pick your shops to visit in Database Mode. It picks shops at random, though at this point in time, a lot of shops should have excellent lists in the database. This will also help build these lists up, as the more you use the program, the better the database gets in the less used shops. Shops that you don't even know are profitable may suddenly start earning people big. :p

- You guys do not have a choice as to how long you can RS in a specific shop. Approx. 45 minutes is the time allowed.

These restrictions are removed once 500 posts is achieved. :p

#6 Rambo

Rambo
  • 833 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:01 PM

The restrictions are not that bad actually.

Good job SL and team :)

#7 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:16 PM

No problem. And yeah, the restrictions aren't bad. :p The thing is, if people choose to load a list, they will most likely want to go after the unbuyables with it, because the database will probably be superior to any manual list as far as buyables go. :p There are just so many more items in the database-generated lists.

#8 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:18 PM

It's probably easier (and safer) to get 10-20 decent buyables than 1 UB. :p

#9 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:20 PM

It's probably easier (and safer) to get 10-20 decent buyables than 1 UB. :p

Indeed. ;)

#10 Rambo

Rambo
  • 833 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:44 PM

I do like the thought that's gone into it :p

#11 Rafiki36

Rafiki36
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:25 PM

i have a question, you say to be responsible and make sure you arent ABing for too long, realistically how does this look to tnt, i mean im sure some kids can sit on the computer all day RSing, but if i were to leave this on for 3 hours a day... that wouldnt be weird right? if the program becomes RS banned,it completely stops activity and checks for the ban every 30 mins right? so that isnt weird, actually very realistic, a person RS banned may just walk away from the computer or not touch neopets for 30 until he checks on the ban. so is there anything about leaving this program on and letting it do its thing for 3 hours straight (or more?) that would look fishy coming from an administrative side of np?
thanks, and im very excited to begin experimenting w/ this program!

#12 Skyle

Skyle
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:35 PM

Program failed to load after crashing when trying to find cookies for browser.

After restarting - it works :)

Edited by Skyle, 19 August 2009 - 01:37 PM.

#13 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:37 PM

This happens to me. Try again. It should be fine ^_^

#14 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

Ugh, the damn cookies. It's a common library in all of our programs that experiences utter failure all the time. I think iargue is working on a better version right now, or something like that. :p

jonzey36, what happens is if you are RS banned you can either make it switch to Igloo Garage Sale, or make it do nothing, in which case it won't look suspicious like you said. :D

#15 Skyle

Skyle
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:28 PM

I went onto the chat...it was only me in there. Is that right haha

#16 Rafiki36

Rafiki36
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:01 PM

thanks, thats what i figured. 1 thing i was wondering after running the program is, i noticed it always waits exactly 8 seconds before refreshing in the shop to look for a restock. this could be suspicious to tnt as i would assume they would look for consistences such as this over and over to determine if someone is using a program or not (seeing that a human would not be able to refresh every 8 seconds on the dot for a long period of time) could you possibly make it wait somewhere between 8-9 seconds randomly waiting any amount of .00 seconds each time to make it seem somewhat random, the same way that dice-a-roo AP does

thanks, thats what i figured. 1 thing i was wondering after running the program is, i noticed it always waits exactly 8 seconds before refreshing in the shop to look for a restock. this could be suspicious to tnt as i would assume they would look for consistences such as this over and over to determine if someone is using a program or not (seeing that a human would not be able to refresh every 8 seconds on the dot for a long period of time) could you possibly make it wait somewhere between 8-9 seconds randomly waiting any amount of .00 seconds each time to make it seem somewhat random, the same way that dice-a-roo AP does

NEVERMIND im dumb.

#17 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:36 PM

The 500 post restriction lift is great, but I'm just too lazy to pooooost.

It'll stop random people from joining and sniping anything good that restocks until they take the time to hop into the community.

#18 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:39 PM

The 500 post restriction lift is great, but I'm just too lazy to pooooost.

It'll stop random people from joining and sniping anything good that restocks until they take the time to hop into the community.

You're almost there :p.

#19 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

You're almost there :p.

Yeah, only 164 posts to go, that just gets me to wonder what people initially think when they find out they need 500 posts to have full control of the program. xD

#20 Skyle

Skyle
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:26 PM

I think it's very fair for new members to not gain the same advantage as advanced members. It'll help make Codex active and reward the members who post alot. :)

#21 stirlingL

stirlingL
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:43 PM

what's been the freeze rate on this so far?

#22 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:47 PM

Is the chat feature busted? I opened it and after it did it's thing it gave me some error saying to close and restart. I don't care enough to bother taking a screen shot so yeah.

Also does the pricing feature not use the database prices to set shop prices? I'm currently wizard banned with Neon AP and I assume you use the same function in this auto buyer?

#23 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:57 PM

Yeah, it's more accurate that way to price the shop with the wiz. I was thinking of adding instant pricing once the database got better. :p

#24 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:18 PM

I'm almost jelous now that this is public, the success rate is going to go down a little since more people will be using it..

eh well the data base is going to be uppdated ALOT more aften.. amazing AB, great job by all who worked on it!

The only thing I noticed is that when you put in a profit margin it dosnt really follow it. I put in that the item had to make atleast 600np in profit and it bought a bunch of things from the choco shop that only sold for like 900np... that's about it.

#25 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:29 PM

Oh, it follows the profit margin alright (shouldn't be any exceptions to what it's doing already). :p Just some items may have old prices listed for whatever reason. Can you specify what items they were so I can check them in the DB?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users