Photo

Activity On Codex

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

#26 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:05 AM

Good. Now go and convince everyone else to say.

alright everyone... start talking, I know you're there you lurkers XD

#27 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:26 AM

YOU'VE JINXED IT NOW!

YOU FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Shut it :p

#28 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:29 AM

Iargue, I promised you to recreate it, look at the top posters :)

no spam either

#29 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:31 AM

Well I actually like it here. I've been looking for a forum to just browse on and chat while I do school work and other junk. Plus I can get help with Neopets on here as well. So I'm definitely a keeper on this site :)

#30 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:32 AM

Well I actually like it here. I've been looking for a forum to just browse on and chat while I do school work and other junk. Plus I can get help with Neopets on here as well. So I'm definitely a keeper on this site :)

Good :)

#31 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:33 AM

I joined a couple months before Abrosia was released, and even then, the difference of Activity from when I joined to everything now drastically changed, so it seems to be picking up, though, that just means I have a hell of a lot more threads to go to all the time. <_<

#32 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:33 AM

I agree, this place is very welcoming and accepting, none of that prejudgement of newbies looking for programs other places have :)

#33 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

I joined a couple months before Abrosia was released, and even then, the difference of Activity from when I joined to everything now drastically changed, so it seems to be picking up, though, that just means I have a hell of a lot more threads to go to all the time. <_<

Still love your sig. XD

#34 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:51 AM

I agree, this place is very welcoming and accepting, none of that prejudgement of newbies looking for programs other places have :)

japp, that's what I love here, too!

#35 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:52 AM

japp, that's what I love here, too!

And people are so understanding :) I have had many people agree with me past 4 days XD

#36 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:58 AM

Still love your sig. XD

I do too, I'm glad I found it a while back.

#37 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:05 AM

Well, putting that limit on ABrosia is definitely a way of getting people to say. NGL, I probably would've lurked, but once I start posting somewhere I usually don't shut up.

I like forums though. Sometimes, it's just hard to worm your way into the community. :) I like how friendly everyone here is.

#38 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:09 AM

Well, putting that limit on ABrosia is definitely a way of getting people to say. NGL, I probably would've lurked, but once I start posting somewhere I usually don't shut up.

I like forums though. Sometimes, it's just hard to worm your way into the community. :) I like how friendly everyone here is.

heh, I always like to put my registrations to use XD

#39 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:10 AM

Well, now that once can pay the $3 monthly fee for the V.I.P membership, there is less of an incentive to post 500 times.

Though, it also weeds out the people only posting for the program whom ultimately give up after like 50 posts and just accept the program the way it is, since it already has the power to make money.

#40 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:15 AM

Well, now that once can pay the $3 monthly fee for the V.I.P membership, there is less of an incentive to post 500 times.

Though, it also weeds out the people only posting for the program whom ultimately give up after like 50 posts and just accept the program the way it is, since it already has the power to make money.

its true that the program is awesome on its own, infact the limitted settings ARE the best settings in most cases, but I think a LOT of people just want to use the database advantage on certain shops. I just dont think its that much of a bother myself =/ I just like this place, and I already made some friends in my opinion on here..

#41 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:28 AM

its true that the program is awesome on its own, infact the limitted settings ARE the best settings in most cases, but I think a LOT of people just want to use the database advantage on certain shops. I just dont think its that much of a bother myself =/ I just like this place, and I already made some friends in my opinion on here..

There's also a lot of people who don't realize they can do that or just don't know what it is, and if they take the time to read here, they'll know it's flawed in compression to the Database options.

#42 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:34 AM

There's also a lot of people who don't realize they can do that or just don't know what it is, and if they take the time to read here, they'll know it's flawed in compression to the Database options.

I guess, well, it's their loss really cause;
  • they don't get to participate in this community
  • they won't be able to use the program to its full advantage

#43 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:35 AM

Although Codex is more active it's still not the same as it was about 18 months ago. A lot of cool people have gone.

Too many leechers these days who don't even bother to make a single post.

Edited by Oaken, 20 October 2009 - 10:40 AM.

#44 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:43 AM

they won't be able to use the program to its full advantage

Yes they can, they get the VIP membership, and they can do whatever the hell they want with it like Advanced+ can do.

#45 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:46 AM

Yes they can, they get the VIP membership, and they can do whatever the hell they want with it like Advanced+ can do.

hmm... its quite sad actually D: V.I.P. is not really beneficial to the community..

Well, lets say it like this, they'll never get to know the team who actually did all the work for them, the team dedicated to always giving us the best.

#46 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:53 AM

hmm... its quite sad actually D: V.I.P. is not really beneficial to the community..

Well, lets say it like this, they'll never get to know the team who actually did all the work for them, the team dedicated to always giving us the best.

Well, if anything, the money that people spend goes towards paying for the forums and whatnot, and without the forum, we're not much of a community.

As long as the program get's updated and fixed regularly, I doubt they'd care who made it, as long as they have a working program. Really, it doesn't matter if people join and talk, or if they just throw 3 bucks a month away for the same features, we're still growing regardless.

#47 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:55 AM

Well. There 3 dollars go towards paying the programmers. So, they are saying thanks anyways. XD

#48 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:55 AM

Well, if anything, the money that people spend goes towards paying for the forums and whatnot, and without the forum, we're not much of a community.

As long as the program get's updated and fixed regularly, I doubt they'd care who made it, as long as they have a working program. Really, it doesn't matter if people join and talk, or if they just throw 3 bucks a month away for the same features, we're still growing regardless.

I can imagine people who actively contribute get pissed at the people who pay 3 quid and are done though XD

#49 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:57 AM

I can imagine people who actively contribute get pissed at the people who pay 3 quid and are done though XD

I hope there will be a user group higher than VIP that has some perks as well. Just like Private + Retired, people could be voted in by existing members.

#50 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:58 AM

Well, that's really their problem, I'm seeing people post a good 50 times a day anyways, so I don't see why they would get upset anyways, it's not like they have to do much to get so much back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users