Photo

Activity On Codex

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

#76 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:20 PM

most sites have users pay 10-25 USD for the program, here you can get a little functionality for 3 a month OR 500 posts.

The point is not how cheap it is.

#77 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:23 PM

The point is not how cheap it is.

I know it isn't, but that's the perspective other people will see, the people who will buy a month of access.

#78 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:26 PM

I know it isn't, but that's the perspective other people will see, the people who will buy a month of access.

Nevermind.

#79 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:29 PM

But I don't think it was as big as a focus back then. Maybe it's bigger now because there is the almighty Abrosia or whatever :p The popular program. Why have a paid rank for basically one program if the site isn't all about the programs?

Maybe Im just misunderstanding this whole thing.

If anything the programs used to be a bigger focus back then, our programming section was very active and we had lots of active programmers around too. I think in the last couple of years we've just gotten used to a programming section which has been less active and forgotten how it was before that. Over the last few months we've been pushing pretty hard to turn it around and it seems to be working up to now.

And the rank isn't just for one program, from what I've heard the V.I.P rank is going to become essentially a combination of Private and Retired and there's going to be an entirely different rank for people who choose to pay for additional features and by paying they'll at least be supporting the bandwidth costs and stuff which they'd be using rather than giving free access to everything to all users which is what the previous plan was.

Edited by Waser Lave, 20 October 2009 - 01:30 PM.

#80 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:31 PM

If anything the programs used to be a bigger focus back then, our programming section was very active and we had lots of active programmers around too. I think in the last couple of years we've just gotten used to a programming section which has been less active and forgotten how it was before that. Over the last few months we've been pushing pretty hard to turn it around and it seems to be working up to now.

And the rank isn't just for one program, from what I've heard the V.I.P rank is going to become essentially a combination of Private and Retired and there's going to be an entirely different rank for people who choose to pay for additional features and by paying they'll at least be supporting the bandwidth costs and stuff which they'd be using rather than giving free access to everything to all users which is what the previous plan was.

But without possibility for free user to get to a point where they have been active and contributed in the community to get the same benefits, right?

#81 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:32 PM

Well I guess I just didn't pay that much attention to the programs back then. I didn't pay attention to much back then to be honest. But whatever. I'll get used to the way things are now, but Im just saying I miss the old Codex :p

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up.

#82 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:37 PM

But without possibility for free user to get to a point where they have been active and contributed in the community to get the same benefits, right?

Full access to all our stuff will be available to our established members as it has always been and presumably always will be. There's nothing which people can't gain by activity which they'd be able to gain by paying for it, the payment method is just for people who are too impatient to earn access in other ways.

#83 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:39 PM

Full access to all our stuff will be available to our established members as it has always been and presumably always will be. There's nothing which people can't gain by activity which they'd be able to gain by paying for it, the payment method is just for people who are too impatient to earn access in other ways.

Waser, you got no idea how much of a relief that is :p, me joining as a new member had high hopes for this place after hearing the policies, and they have just been confirmed again.

#84 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:41 PM

Waser, you got no idea how much of a relief that is :p, me joining as a new member had high hopes for this place after hearing the policies, and they have just been confirmed again.

I highly doubt they'd just leave those who stick around and help keep the community alive and stay active alone in the dust and give everything to the people who throw them a few bucks. They could have all the money they need for Bandwidth, but it's worthless without a community around to use it.

#85 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:43 PM

And programmers don't need moderation powers to program. ;)

We should be given that power atleast XD.

Honestly. I just want to be able to make a tracker and announce my program :(. Incase there are not administrators around.

That way it doesnt look all messy.

#86 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:44 PM

I highly doubt they'd just leave those who stick around and help keep the community alive and stay active alone in the dust and give everything to the people who throw them a few bucks. They could have all the money they need for Bandwidth, but it's worthless without a community around to use it.

It's true, I shouldn't have made assumptions and waited for an official source. But hearing this explanation is a relief anyway :p

#87 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

Oh these threads focusing on activity. Someone mentions site activity and how good or bad it is, then the respective topic gets a whole ton of posts and activity goes up higher than usual for a good 1-2 days. Then activity goes back to normal. So lets enjoy the high activity for now. :p

Yes it's activity, certainly a different kind of activity. I feel there's an influx of new members but we don't relate in any way at all. I find that no new members have similar interests to mine and that I'll slowly just stop typing Neocodex into my URL bar because I just don't care too much about what's written.

New users are what make the site. I was a new user, I joined this site and created my own view of things. I've changed a lot in the time I've been on this site, and I just don't think that my views on life now are similar to what new users are. Not saying that just because of new users, but I feel that we just have nothing in common. Not automatically hating on them, but we just don't click.

Agreed with both of these. The site seems so neopets and program oriented now. Of course I realize that's the reason codex even exists, but that focus is more relevant now than it ever was before. It's not a bad thing, but I don't feel a connection anymore. I play neopets, but not as much as I used to due to university and just not having as much time/interest in general. There are way more neopets topics now than there used to be, so my activity personally has lessened because of that. I still come on everyday and post when I'm interested, but the majority of topics nowadays I have no interest in posting, when like 18 months ago or so I would be posting 15-20 times a day minimum.

#88 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:48 PM

Oh these threads focusing on activity. Someone mentions site activity and how good or bad it is, then the respective topic gets a whole ton of posts and activity goes up higher than usual for a good 1-2 days. Then activity goes back to normal. So lets enjoy the high activity for now. :p

Agreed with both of these. The site seems so neopets and program oriented now. Of course I realize that's the reason codex even exists, but that focus is more relevant now than it ever was before. It's not a bad thing, but I don't feel a connection anymore. I play neopets, but not as much as I used to due to university and just not having as much time/interest in general. There are way more neopets topics now than there used to be, so my activity personally has lessened because of that. I still come on everyday and post when I'm interested, but the majority of topics nowadays I have no interest in posting, when like 18 months ago or so I would be posting 15-20 times a day minimum.

That's exactly what I am trying to say :p Thank you for knowing the words.

QFE

#89 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:41 AM

Solution: start topics you're interested in :p

#90 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:43 AM

that was surprisingly easy XD

#91 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:38 AM

Posted Image

I agree with Joe. I try to focus my topics on Neopets, because it's of interest to many of the site's users... but I'm not above a good debate, or discussing what's wrong with life, or discussing where our lives are going, or talking about current events. If you make a topic, they will come.

#92 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:03 AM

I'll actually change it because I have realized how awkward it can be :p
I'll keep my being a whore to myspace :p

I want to see the av!

#93 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:04 AM

I want to see the av!

Believe me, you don't ;)

#94 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:14 AM

What was it of? :(

#95 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:22 AM

What was it of? :(

Last one I saw of his. Was Random shirtless...

I think noit would like to see it. XD

#96 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:28 AM

This

And I agree

#97 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:29 AM

But it was a pitiable sight ^^ To many narcissistic intentions :D

#98 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:34 PM

You know better than most that it's not just the topics. It's a sad day when a topic about Eric's hair has more pages than a general debate.

#99 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:50 PM

But it was a pitiable sight ^^ Too many narcissistic intentions :D

I'm pretty conceited about certain things ^_^

I have no problem with you telling me that. My body is just like anything else I have, I worked for it. If I work for something, I intend to show it off.
I see no point in being modest when I don't want to be.

I enjoy bragging, and am apathetic to the views of those who deem it narcissism.
Say what you want, at the end of the day, I'm happy with my life, and you are happy with yours; there is no reason to argue.

Edit to fix your grammar.

Edited by Random, 21 October 2009 - 01:01 PM.

#100 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:36 PM

Except of course that there's actually only a half page about Eric's hair.

Well Good job. Now that are to scared to post anymore. Oh well. I'm glad you enjoy your elitist status so much just because you have been here longer then they have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users