Photo

Activity On Codex

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

#51 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:58 AM

I hope there will be a user group higher than VIP that has some perks as well. Just like Private + Retired, people could be voted in by existing members.

that sounds really cool :p that gives other users a rank to aspire to aswell.

#52 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:58 AM

I hope there will be a user group higher than VIP that has some perks as well. Just like Private + Retired, people could be voted in by existing members.

The user group names aren't decided yet, it may be that the rank which people pay for won't be V.I.P but something different. It's currently under discussion.

#53 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

The user group names aren't decided yet, it may be that the rank which people pay for won't be V.I.P but something different. It's currently under discussion.

Programmer should definitely be the second highest position XD. Higher then Mods/SuperMods.

#54 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:06 AM

Programmer should definitely be the second highest position XD. Higher then Mods/SuperMods.

Programmer doesn't need to be any higher than it currently is, it's equal to Moderator.

#55 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:28 AM

Programmer doesn't need to be any higher than it currently is, it's equal to Moderator.

Only in the programming section :p.

Codex wouldnt be anything without programmers...

#56 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:30 AM

You could say it would be a concept :p

#57 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:34 AM

And programmers don't need moderation powers to program. ;)

#58 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:44 AM

Yes it's activity, certainly a different kind of activity. I feel there's an influx of new members but we don't relate in any way at all. I find that no new members have similar interests to mine and that I'll slowly just stop typing Neocodex into my URL bar because I just don't care too much about what's written.

#59 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:12 PM

Yes it's activity, certainly a different kind of activity. I feel there's an influx of new members but we don't relate in any way at all. I find that no new members have similar interests to mine and that I'll slowly just stop typing Neocodex into my URL bar because I just don't care too much about what's written.

I get exactly what you're saying. It seems like there were just better conversations going on earlier in the life of Codex.

#60 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:15 PM

I get exactly what you're saying. It seems like there were just better conversations going on earlier in the life of Codex.

So you think NeoCodex was better off pre-Abrosia?

#61 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:16 PM

I have no clue what Abrosia is. If it's a program I don't care. This site isn't about programs for me. If that's what caused so many other people to stop being active here then I guess so.

#62 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:18 PM

I agree. There are no more cliques, or inside jokes, or site spirit as there used to be. Our teams aren't active, no one plays games together.

When I first joined Codex, it was <3

It was better off pre-2008

#63 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:21 PM

I agree. There are no more cliques, or inside jokes, or site spirit as there used to be. Our teams aren't active, no one plays games together.

When I first joined Codex, it was <3

It was better off pre-2008

It was much better in the past years. The graphics team looks dead, it doesn't look like there's anything going on with the codies awards or whatever anymore.. Most of the topics I see around here now are about programs :p Im not saying it won't get better, I really hope it does.

And you have to pay for a rank now?

@Random I just realized we are both 04 Christmas members :p haha awesome.

Edited by ZERO, 20 October 2009 - 12:22 PM.

#64 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:22 PM

CHRISTMAS NOOBS FOR LYFE.

#65 Daniel#1

Daniel#1
  • 550 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:28 PM

You know, when ya talk about it, about half the old active members are gone now. Some people come back though, but it is weird. Idk the activity has gone up, but there have been random points where there has been alot of posting too in the past. I remember when that one game was popular and everyone was here playing with each other, it was probally one of the most active things i've seen.

#66 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:40 PM

It was much better in the past years. The graphics team looks dead, it doesn't look like there's anything going on with the codies awards or whatever anymore.. Most of the topics I see around here now are about programs :p Im not saying it won't get better, I really hope it does.

And you have to pay for a rank now?

@Random I just realized we are both 04 Christmas members :p haha awesome.

That makes sense, I mean, this site DOES distribute free Neopets software, POPULAR software, the higher the demand is, the more retards who can't figure shit out, that's the way it is.

Thing is, new users, INCLUDING myself have no idea what this site USED to be, we cant fit a profile so we immediately create the profile of someone who is interested in the programs supplied here.

I agree with the pay for a rank thing, however, that's up to admins to decide.

note that I do not intend to sound hostile with this post, I am just trying to raise the point that this place might have changed since 2004, but I wasn't there.

#67 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:46 PM

That makes sense, I mean, this site DOES distribute free Neopets software, POPULAR software, the higher the demand is, the more retards who can't figure shit out, that's the way it is.

Thing is, new users, INCLUDING myself have no idea what this site USED to be, we cant fit a profile so we immediately create the profile of someone who is interested in the programs supplied here.

I agree with the pay for a rank thing, however, that's up to admins to decide.

note that I do not intend to sound hostile with this post, I am just trying to raise the point that this place might have changed since 2004, but I wasn't there.

Paying for a rank is just silly? Don't want this site to turn into Gamerzplanet, that place is just crazy. Neocodex is not an industry :p Thing is, the programs don't just run in the background anymore, that's the main topic of discussion. Personally, that's never how it was for me, so it seems like a complete different place sometimes.

btw anyone know what happened to 3vo? lol Is it still even like around?

#68 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:53 PM

Paying for a rank is just silly? Don't want this site to turn into Gamerzplanet, that place is just crazy. Neocodex is not an industry :p Thing is, the programs don't just run in the background anymore, that's the main topic of discussion. Personally, that's never how it was for me, so it seems like a complete different place sometimes.

btw anyone know what happened to 3vo? lol Is it still even like around?

like I said about the paying thing, I find it silly too, but servers cost anyway, it makes sense they want to make some money to make up for the costs, or even make some profit. if you don't want to pay then don't :p

the main point of my post was that if this is currently truly the view of veteran posters then newbies don't even get a honest CHANCE to make this place better.

#69 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:01 PM

the main point of my post was that if this is currently truly the view of veteran posters then newbies don't even get a honest CHANCE to make this place better.

New users are what make the site. I was a new user, I joined this site and created my own view of things. I've changed a lot in the time I've been on this site, and I just don't think that my views on life now are similar to what new users are. Not saying that just because of new users, but I feel that we just have nothing in common. Not automatically hating on them, but we just don't click.

#70 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:04 PM

New users are what make the site. I was a new user, I joined this site and created my own view of things. I've changed a lot in the time I've been on this site, and I just don't think that my views on life now are similar to what new users are. Not saying that just because of new users, but I feel that we just have nothing in common. Not automatically hating on them, but we just don't click.

You mean because you've matured you can't associate with the new users any more?

If so, I am sure there are plenty good willing mature users on the boards.

#71 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:05 PM

Agreed, for some reason everyone just used to all come together.

Programs, Im telling you :p

#72 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:09 PM

I'm fairly sure that even in 2004-2005 most of our members arrived here looking for programs and then became part of the community afterwards. It's just part of the natural cycle that older members leave and newer members arrive.

#73 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:17 PM

I'm fairly sure that even in 2004-2005 most of our members arrived here looking for programs and then became part of the community afterwards. It's just part of the natural cycle that older members leave and newer members arrive.

But I don't think it was as big as a focus back then. Maybe it's bigger now because there is the almighty Abrosia or whatever :p The popular program. Why have a paid rank for basically one program if the site isn't all about the programs?

Maybe Im just misunderstanding this whole thing.

#74 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

But I don't think it was as big as a focus back then. Maybe it's bigger now because there is the almighty Abrosia or whatever :p The popular program. Why have a paid rank for basically one program if the site isn't all about the programs?

People just want the program and don't care about the rest of the site? Some people are like that.

#75 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:19 PM

Maybe Im just misunderstanding this whole thing.

most sites have users pay 10-25 USD for the program, here you can get a little functionality for 3 a month OR 500 posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users