• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:09 PM

There was an issue with manual UB Pricing in the database. That has been fixed. Please price away!
To look up the unpriced items in a shop check "Use Price Range" and set it from 0 to 0.

Thanks! If you search an item and it is less then 100k move on to the next item as the pricers didnt get around to that item yet. You cannot submit a price lower then 100k.

Price away!

Here's a way to price from the search page. Without having to click each item to go to its item page then price it. It should have unpriced items. Like this:
http://www.neocodex....ort=desc&lim=20

After you run a search. Copy paste this into your url bar:
javascript:function aSubmit(id){var newprice = prompt('Enter in the new price',''); if(!newprice){return} new Ajax.Request(ipb.vars['base_url']+'app=itemdb&module=ajax&section=price',{method:'post',evalJSON:'force',parameters:{'md5check':ipb.vars['secure_hash'],'newprice':newprice,'id':id},onSuccess:function(t){if(Object.isUndefined(t.responseJSON))alert("Bad request");else if(t.responseJSON['error'])alert(t.responseJSON['error']);else{$('itemA'+id).innerHTML='<b>'+t.responseJSON['newprice']+' NP</b><br>Profit: '+t.responseJSON['newprofit'];$('price_price').innerHTML=t.responseJSON['newprice']}}})} function rEdit(){var ids = new Array(); while(count = /id="item"(?:.|\n|\r)*?\/(\d+)-(?:.|\n|\r)*?Unpriced/g.exec(document.body.innerHTML)){ ids.push(count[1]) } alert(ids.length + ' unpriced items on page. Will now edit in links...'); for(var i=0; i<ids.length; i++){document.body.innerHTML = document.body.innerHTML.replace('<b>Unpriced</b>','<span id="itemA'+ids[i]+'"><a href="#" onclick="aSubmit('+ids[i]+'); return false;">Submit Price</a></span>');} alert('Edit complete! Price away!!!')  } rEdit()

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:18 PM

You should make it so people can price UBs when the price is above 99k rather than 100k btw. We seem to be in the situation where item prices are reaching 99,xxx and not being able to reach 100k even though there's none left on the shop wiz.

#3 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:27 PM

Thanks Noit. :p

(Make sure there's a backup of your change, or else when Hydrogen generates another version from the SVN it might erase the changes done on the server. :p)

#4 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:44 PM

Oh just checked they can price up to 99,999. Not above that :p

Ill call up dro let him know :D

Making a little js hack so people can price from the main page. Because i hate having to click each items page just to ajax submit a price lol. I want to just do it straight from the search page :p

Woohoo wrote the hack :D
Check it out and test it out please :D It should make pricing muuuuch easier! Topic post.

#5 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

theres a problem.

i tried to input the price 125,000 and got the message
The new price has to be an integer and greater than 99,999 NP. Only our bots may convert an item to buyable status.

:( Unless I'm doing something wrong because I'd love to help out! :)

Edit: Oh, the problem was already addressed?

Edited by kittycat161, 24 January 2010 - 03:45 PM.

#6 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

theres a problem.

i tried to input the price 125,000 and got the message
The new price has to be an integer and greater than 99,999 NP. Only our bots may convert an item to buyable status.

:( Unless I'm doing something wrong because I'd love to help out! :)

Edit: Oh, the problem was already addressed?

Don't type the comma.

#7 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:09 PM

I was having the same problem when I tried to price something 2 days ago. It was saying that I was trying lower but I didn't have a comma or anything. I kept trying and it was telling me it was a "bad request" or something. What was weird though was that when I went back to check the price it said that I changed it to what I wanted so it was giving me trouble for nothing.

I was having the same problem when I tried to price something 2 days ago. It was saying that I was trying lower but I didn't have a comma or anything. I kept trying and it was telling me it was a "bad request" or something. What was weird though was that when I went back to check the price it said that I changed it to what I wanted so it was giving me trouble for nothing.

#8 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

Yeah that "bad request" thing has now been resolved. :)
Thanks everyone for pricing. Things will work now :)

#9 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:26 PM

Is this hack just for Advanced+ or everybody who read this because I'm getting "Incorrect use of board files".

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

Is this hack just for Advanced+ or everybody who read this because I'm getting "Incorrect use of board files".

Only Adv+ can price items.

#11 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

Only Adv+ can price items.

From what I recall it's actually people with 500 posts+ because we didn't have Advanced Subscriptions back then. :p Not sure if it's been updated since then.

#12 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:47 PM

Oh yeah sorry about that. Only adv+ can price. But man kweh i trust you. I wish there was a way i could get it work.
Those who have tested the hack how it work? And what browser did you use? :) If you guys like it I'll ask dro to hard code it. See what he says.

-----
Oh lasers right. You need 500 posts. Thanks waster!

#13 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

I used Chrome and it works perfectly up to that little error for not having 500 posts.

No effect in Mobile Safari (with and without faking the ua to get out of the mobile version of the site)

Edited by Kweh, 24 January 2010 - 07:47 PM.

#14 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:30 AM

Don't type the comma.

Yeah that wouldn't work though, Noitdart says he has resolved for now, I'll test later as I've got school shortly.But I guess I'll have to wait tell I'm advanced.

Also is it possible to create like a lower category for people like me so we can price.

Maybe at 100?

Edited by kittycat161, 25 January 2010 - 03:32 AM.

#15 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:12 AM

I used Chrome and it works perfectly up to that little error for not having 500 posts.

No effect in Mobile Safari (with and without faking the ua to get out of the mobile version of the site)

Thanks for testing :)
Yeah it wont work in any mobile browsers Im sure about that. :(

Yeah that wouldn't work though, Noitdart says he has resolved for now, I'll test later as I've got school shortly.But I guess I'll have to wait tell I'm advanced.

Also is it possible to create like a lower category for people like me so we can price.

Maybe at 100?

The thing is we only want trusty people messing with prices. And I know posts isn't the best way to judge that but we look at it as: They put in 500 posts of effort into the forum, so they probably have an attachment to codex that tells them not to jack up the prices as its for the good of a forum they love.

I would relallly love it for you guys to price. We need all the price-rs we can get :) Kweh and kitty what were you planning on pricing?

#16 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:32 AM

Thanks for testing :)
Yeah it wont work in any mobile browsers Im sure about that. :(

The thing is we only want trusty people messing with prices. And I know posts isn't the best way to judge that but we look at it as: They put in 500 posts of effort into the forum, so they probably have an attachment to codex that tells them not to jack up the prices as its for the good of a forum they love.

I would relallly love it for you guys to price. We need all the price-rs we can get :) Kweh and kitty what were you planning on pricing?

http://www.neocodex....ort=desc&lim=20

was just going to start with that and plow my way through

#17 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:23 PM

Kweh and kitty what were you planning on pricing?

Any unpriced item in DB really but now that I'm thinking about it, only being able to price unpriced UBs might become more trouble than it is worth because they still need to be constantly updated afterwards to be effective. I'm thinking of a "Pricer" group where people agree to be responsible for keeping UBs up to date. Maybe the "Pricer" group can work in a similar manner to the Programmer group.
  • A Pricer makes somebody a Pricer In-Training upon request and becomes their 'mentor'
  • The Pricer In-Training posts an application in a special Pricer forum
  • The mentor gives the "Pricer In-Training" a list of 20 (common) UBs *The list could also be posted in a Reserved Thread so other Pricers know to let the Pricer In-Training handle them and the mentor edits that post to prevent clutter for future Pricer In-Trainings or deletes it
  • The Pricer In-Training maintains the prices for those 20 UBs for a month
  • The Pricers evaluate the Pricer In-Training (both pricings and forum activity) and vote to promote him/her to Junior Pricer *If no, the Pricer In-Training can repeat the process (work another month) as long as they want or quit
  • The Junior Pricer can now only price UBs that haven't been updated in x weeks for 2 months
  • The Pricers will hold another evaluation to decide if the Junior Pricer should be promoted to a Pricer *If no, the Junior Pricer can work another 2 months, return to Pricer In-Training, or quit
I'm sure there is an easier (or less complicated) way to filter out honest people from people seeking to cause damage but working for a month to be able to cause minor damage (or three months to cause major damage) would turn away attackers (but there will always be attackers that are willing to endure that much work).

Also being able to order items by last priced will help "Pricers" find which UBs need to be updated once all the unpriced UBs vanish

Edited by Kweh, 25 January 2010 - 12:25 PM.

#18 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:15 PM

I really really like this pricer group idea. I'll talk to the others about it.

#19 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

I'm down. BUT... FIRST... I would like the ability to sort items by when they were last priced... then I could avoid the hassle of trying to price items that have already been priced recently.

SECOND: It's not doing us any REAL good to price items that are not attributed to shops. It's useful and all as a reference, but if it's not being sold, it's usually not making its rounds on the Trading Post. And one of the primary reasons we're doing this is for Abrosia purposes... soooooo.... yeah

#20 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

I'm down. BUT... FIRST... I would like the ability to sort items by when they were last priced... then I could avoid the hassle of trying to price items that have already been priced recently.

yes, I agree, this is definitely worth doing.

Theres a problem, you can't edit prices one they've been submitted ;(

#21 Andy

Andy
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:56 PM

I guess if I could price, I would do the neggs, and probably any UB which I bought and sold as well.

#22 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:58 PM

If you could change the price of unbuyables you'd be able to do anything for what it's being sold for at the moment on average... :/

#23 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:51 PM

I just checked the statistics, and holy crap.

Did you know that by running Abrosia, Kad Feeder, and Neon AP, you guys have managed to price items 13.6 MILLION times since July? Wow.

#24 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:09 AM

SECOND: It's not doing us any REAL good to price items that are not attributed to shops. It's useful and all as a reference, but if it's not being sold, it's usually not making its rounds on the Trading Post. And one of the primary reasons we're doing this is for Abrosia purposes... soooooo.... yeah

We need to add a feature where we can set the shop id manually of items. Like big items that rearely retsock they arent in the db yet :( What do you think?

yes, I agree, this is definitely worth doing.

Theres a problem, you can't edit prices one they've been submitted ;(

You can change the price once its been priced. You have to go to the items page though you can't use my script above. I can modify that though :) Sometime later tho :p

#25 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:29 AM

Is there any way to modify the rarity of an item?

Example: unknown to r99

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users