• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

http://www.hulu.com/...hate#s-p1-so-i1

They went to Africa and preached against homosexuality to the point where Uganda is going to pass a law making homosexuality a crime punishable by death. This happened AFTER a missionary visit by a well known Christian Right anti gay preacher.

This sickens me and only confirms what I have always felt. There is little to no difference between the Taliban and the Christian Right. Thankfully the only major difference is there are enough sane Americans who won't allow the Christian Right to have the power the Taliban has....yet. And that is my biggest fear.

Notice I didn't say ALL Christians. I mean those on the far right , they digust me.

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:32 PM

Wait, is that the most hated family in America? I can't tell, Hulu doesn't like Canada.

#3 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:42 PM

Wait, is that the most hated family in America? I can't tell, Hulu doesn't like Canada.

Sorry I didn't know it doesn't work in Canada Posted Image

No its another preacher not even associated with the "God Hates Fags" group. This asshole wrote a book and thinks the Nazis were all gay and that "the gay agenda" is associated with nazism.

I tried to find a youtube clip and couldn't Posted Image

This is the main group that went to Uganda:
http://www.thefamily.org/en/

Read this article for more info:
http://www.alternet.org/rights/87665/

Seriously The Family scare the bejebees out of me. Hilary Clinton associates with them! Even a Supreme Court judge!

Edited by chobitz, 11 March 2010 - 03:48 PM.

#4 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:45 PM

Well, I guess that's bound to happen in the Land of the Free. :/

#5 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:48 PM

There is little to no difference between the Taliban and the Christian Right.

Man. I missed it when the Christians whent and blew themselves up?

News article please?

#6 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

News article please?

You are serious? Do you KNOW what a Martyr is? To die for christianity gives you special rank in heaven...just not the virgins ;)
You cannot tell my christianity is a peaceful religion .. history proves otherwise.

Um and what about those in the christian right who bomb abortion clinics? Kill doctors? They just are too egotistical to blow themselves up..

#7 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

The Bible does state quite clearly that any man who lays with another man as one would a woman should be put to death. Leviticus 20:13:

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Obviously I don't condone it, but you can't fault the preacher. Fault the religion.

#8 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

News article please?

The KKK were/are Christian terrorists, although they don't tend to blow themselves up they have definitely blown other people up. Then there's also terrorist groups in Eastern Europe, India and of course Ireland.

#9 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:03 PM

http://www.hulu.com/...hate#s-p1-so-i1

They went to Africa and preached against homosexuality to the point where Uganda is going to pass a law making homosexuality a crime punishable by death. This happened AFTER a missionary visit by a well known Christian Right anti gay preacher.

This sickens me and only confirms what I have always felt. There is little to no difference between the Taliban and the Christian Right. Thankfully the only major difference is there are enough sane Americans who won't allow the Christian Right to have the power the Taliban has....yet. And that is my biggest fear.

Notice I didn't say ALL Christians. I mean those on the far right , they digust me.

Well your a bit wrong..Africa has always had problems with each country and their different ethnicities/tribes for lack of a better word, with their own views. Africans view homosexuality as a white man's perversion brought into them under Colonization...They argue that before the Europeans arrived homosexuality was nonexistant..

While I agree with you as the Christian Right as volatile scum..they werent the ones to push Africa into this..Africa was already like this. However, that is not saying that they might not have played a part in Uganda but they are not only to blame.

The Bible does state quite clearly that any man who lays with another man as one would a woman should be put to death. Leviticus 20:13:

Obviously I don't condone it, but you can't fault the preacher. Fault the religion.

The Bible also says Hell Hath No fury like a womens scorn for Sega -Mallrats..

lol no but i mean come on..

The Bible also says Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9)

#10 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:05 PM

You are serious? Do you KNOW what a Martyr is? To die for christianity gives you special rank in heaven...just not the virgins ;)
You cannot tell my christianity is a peaceful religion .. history proves otherwise.

Um and what about those in the christian right who bomb abortion clinics? Kill doctors? They just are too egotistical to blow themselves up..

No. Killing someone else, even in the name or religion (Which is impossible) forbides you from going to heaven. One of the ten commandments states exactly

You shall not murder.

Christianity is 100% against harming others. Its called turn the other cheek philosophy.

The KKK were/are Christian terrorists, although they don't tend to blow themselves up they have definitely blown other people up. Then there's also terrorist groups in Eastern Europe, India and of course Ireland.

People who kill other people, or who hurt other people do not follow Christianity. The KKK people where not true Christians, because they broke one of the 10 commandments. Christianity is 100% against what these people are doing. Please stop fucking judging us based upon them. It pisses me off.

#11 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:14 PM

People who kill other people, or who hurt other people do not follow Christianity. The KKK people where not true Christians, because they broke one of the 10 commandments. Christianity is 100% against what these people are doing. Please stop fucking judging us based upon them. It pisses me off.

Extremists like the Christian Right DO give the more peaceful Christians a bad name. THAT was what I was saying. Not all Christians are like the idiot Christian right just like not all Muslims are like the Taliban. EXTREMISTS ...

#12 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:14 PM

The Bible also says Hell Hath No fury like a womens scorn for Sega -Mallrats..

lol no but i mean come on..

The Bible also says Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9)

Wrong interpretation of the bible man.

#13 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

No. Killing someone else, even in the name or religion (Which is impossible) forbides you from going to heaven. One of the ten commandments states exactly.

There in lies the contradictory nature of the Bible.

Christianity is 100% against harming others. Its called turn the other cheek philosophy.

No it isn't. Did you read the previous quotes? Stop being selective about passages to acknowledge and ignore.

Oh, and put down that New Testament.

#14 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:17 PM

Extremists like the Christian Right DO give the more peaceful Christians a bad name. THAT was what I was saying. Not all Christians are like the idiot Christian right just like not all Muslims are like the Taliban. EXTREMISTS ...

No. These people that do these things have NOTHING to do with Christianity. There actions are not for Christianity, and they speak nothing of what Christianity does.

Your claiming that it was done by Christians, but thats just because you want to have someone to blame. A Christian would never do this. People love to take up the Christian name and use it as an excuse, but they do not practice it themselves (Eg. The Holy Crusade)

#15 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

The KKK are Christian in the same way that the Taliban/Al-Qaeda is Muslim, they both claim to represent those respective religions but it doesn't mean that others would agree with their interpretations. So you can't really say that Al-Qaeda or the Taliban are Muslim while saying that the KKK aren't Christian.

One of my major gripes with religion is that they're so open to interpretation that they can spawn very different beliefs under the same banner. :/

#16 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:20 PM

There in lies the contradictory nature of the Bible.

No it isn't. Did you read the previous quotes? Stop being selective about passages to acknowledge and ignore.

Oh, and put down that New Testament.

Only jews believe that the New Testament isn't correct. Christianity supports the New Testament.

The previous chapters are not stating that WE should do this, but rather that is their fate. It doesn't say that you should burn them, just that they should be burn. It equates the level of the crime that you are committing. Just a thievery means losing your arm, thats how bad that crime is. Being a whore is a crime worthy of death.

#17 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:21 PM

Hurrah for the No True Scotsman fallacy :D

#18 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:22 PM

The KKK are Christian in the same way that the Taliban/Al-Qaeda is Muslim, they both claim to represent those respective religions but it doesn't mean that others would agree with their interpretations. So you can't really say that Al-Qaeda or the Taliban are Muslim while saying that the KKK aren't Christian.

One of my major gripes with religion is that they're so open to interpretation that they can spawn very different beliefs under the same banner. :/

Does the Taliban forbid killing?

#19 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:23 PM

Does the Taliban forbid killing?

Presumably, you mean the Quran?
Religious knowledge failure.

#20 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:23 PM

Only jews believe that the New Testament isn't correct. Christianity supports the New Testament.

The previous chapters are not stating that WE should do this, but rather that is their fate. It doesn't say that you should burn them, just that they should be burn. It equates the level of the crime that you are committing. Just a thievery means losing your arm, thats how bad that crime is. Being a whore is a crime worthy of death.

So to acknowledge the new testament is to disregard the old?

Deuteronomy 25:11-12

If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

How is the message there not explicitly clear? Go read the Bible from cover to cover before making uneducated responses. You're as bad as the bloody priests who preach this crap.

#21 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:25 PM

Technically, yes, actually. Jesus supposedly overthrew the laws of the old covenant.
Doesn't stop Leviticus being used to justify hate crime, though.

#22 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

Deuteronomy 25:11-12

How is the message there not explicitly clear? Go read the Bible from cover to cover before making uneducated responses. You're as bad as the bloody priests who preach this crap.

I have read through the bible.

#23 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:29 PM

I have read through the bible.

Way to avoid making a comprehensive reply.

#24 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:32 PM

Way to avoid making a comprehensive reply.

I got sick of defending people who know nothing about Christianity, and choose to take single sentences and try to use them to dictate that Christianity is bad.

#25 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:32 PM

Technically, yes, actually. Jesus supposedly overthrew the laws of the old covenant.
Doesn't stop Leviticus being used to justify hate crime, though.

That's debatable. Jesus hardly overthrew the laws of the old covenant. Matthew 5:17-20 states it quite clearly:

17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users