The West should fear the Rise of China.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#51 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:17 PM

Fact check iargue. China's population is not that large and neither is its military. Also, much of the nations debt is thanks to the previous administration, you can't lay all the blame on Obama and his crew.

On another note, try to keep the debate forum in the spirit of debate. I'm looking at you in particular BuckFutter.

#52 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:27 AM

Fact check iargue. China's population is not that large and neither is its military. Also, much of the nations debt is thanks to the previous administration, you can't lay all the blame on Obama and his crew.

On another note, try to keep the debate forum in the spirit of debate. I'm looking at you in particular BuckFutter.

Nobody decided to go on the 2 paragraph that I typed up. The video I felt actually belonged here for humorous reasons noting the title.

Also, don't see why you're singling me out in this thread when it appears that other people only contribute one-liners. Yeah I'm trying to work towards 500 post, but I at least put time and thought behind my posts in this particular thread.

Why, so :o?

Really with how things are in China and how many sweatshops there are, you can imagine what the manpower behind their Westernization will be. When I went to visit my aunt in a village, she would hype up when the sewing factory hands out instruction sheets and fabric for people to work on. Why? People actually fight over working for the equivalent of $2.00 USD per month 

Edited by BuckFutter, 14 May 2010 - 01:30 AM.

#53 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:08 AM

China is already a superpower, I dont think we should fear them because they are our allies but they are definetly a country to respect. The population alone is scary once you really think about it. I dont know many specifics but Im pretty sure that they have the largest man army in the world, atleast from what I've heard.

I can't imagine the results if a Certain Country were to attack china, it would be really messy.

#54 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:55 AM

Fact check iargue. China's population is not that large

I think its pretty large Posted Image

Plus, since its a communist government, they could mobilize an army more quickly through conscription

#55 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:04 PM

I think its pretty large Posted Image

Plus, since its a communist government, they could mobilize an army more quickly through conscription

Sources indicate that the population is almost half of what was said and the army about 1/60th.

Also, futter, the reason I'm pointing you out is because of the video, which served no relevance to the discussion at hand. If you wanted to use it as an example of how industrious the Chinese people are, then have at er. It's more or less because it's weird enough to potentially derail the topic, which is why I mentioned you. I didn't think of it as an attempt to increase your post count.

#56 Ressurect

Ressurect
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:13 PM

I just have two questions, isn't China allied with Russia so if there was anything to happen with them wouldn't it just go into a new World War? Second question is did we cancel a huge debt that China owed us like idiots?

#57 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

China ain't gonna do shit. Quit believing Fox news.

#58 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:56 PM

I just have two questions, isn't China allied with Russia so if there was anything to happen with them wouldn't it just go into a new World War? Second question is did we cancel a huge debt that China owed us like idiots?

answer to your second question, USA actually owes china a huge sum of money and i mean huge

#59 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

Sources indicate that the population is almost half of what was said and the army about 1/60th.

Also, futter, the reason I'm pointing you out is because of the video, which served no relevance to the discussion at hand. If you wanted to use it as an example of how industrious the Chinese people are, then have at er. It's more or less because it's weird enough to potentially derail the topic, which is why I mentioned you. I didn't think of it as an attempt to increase your post count.

Just out of curiousity, which sources?
If anything, I would imagine that the actual numbers are higher since there are many individuals who are poor who may not have homes, etc.

And, I never posted a video Posted Image

#60 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:31 PM

And, I never posted a video Posted Image

Heh, I believe that was directed towards me buddy ;)

I originally posted the video cause I thought it fits with the "The West should fear the Rise of China" bit in the title; didn't really mean for it to derail the topic (though it didn't seem to have that much of an effect).

#61 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:29 AM

Heh, I believe that was directed towards me buddy Posted Image

I originally posted the video cause I thought it fits with the "The West should fear the Rise of China" bit in the title; didn't really mean for it to derail the topic (though it didn't seem to have that much of an effect).

Whoops. Misread that :p

#62 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:03 AM

As a member of the west and not an American, I can say this will not effect me, at least not directly. So I would like it if you said the U.S. :)

#63 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:41 AM

As a member of the west and not an American, I can say this will not effect me, at least not directly. So I would like it if you said the U.S. Posted Image

I imagine that a change of the world's superpower will affect most countries, especially with globalization. In history, the change is associated with a large scale war, which inevitably, affects many countries.

#64 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:18 AM

I imagine that a change of the world's superpower will affect most countries, especially with globalization. In history, the change is associated with a large scale war, which inevitably, affects many countries.

Yes.. but that is not direct.

#65 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:16 PM

Yes.. but that is not direct.

Bad example :p.
It wouldn't be impossible for countries in the West, other than America to be affected directly though. Ie. If war ever breaks out, China could use its economic influence as leverage to make any country do things that would be in their favour. Whether your nation says yes or no, it would be directly impacted.

#66 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

Bad example :p.
It wouldn't be impossible for countries in the West, other than America to be affected directly though. Ie. If war ever breaks out, China could use its economic influence as leverage to make any country do things that would be in their favour. Whether your nation says yes or no, it would be directly impacted.

If war breaks out Canada would indeed back the U.S., but I believe this debate was referring to the rise of China through the economy. I haven't actually read the posts so perhaps it switched perceptions... I dunno.

But if no war were to occur, anything else would either have no effect or effect directly.

#67 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:08 PM

In regards to their economy, they might knock Japan out of 2nd place in terms of GDP soon which was also mentioned in today's news about China and it's take on North Korea.

I doubt there would ever be a war, modern warfare has changed ever since the atom bomb was invented. It's a pretty good deterrent too.

Edited by Faval, 26 May 2010 - 04:09 PM.

#68 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:42 PM

No. The Obama Administrator is had now spent 3 trillion in one year. This is Obama's debt. Not Bush'es.

I will lay the blame on the person who signs a 800 billion dollar earmark bill. I will also lay blame on the person who okays a 4k page Healthcare bill. He is at fault. Bush isn't here anymore.

#69 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:42 PM

<br />No. The Obama Administrator is had now spent 3 trillion in one year. This is Obama's debt. Not Bush'es. <br /><br />I will lay the blame on the person who signs a 800 billion dollar earmark bill. I will also lay blame on the person who okays a 4k page Healthcare bill. He is at fault. Bush isn't here anymore.<br />

While that is true, he can't be the only one to be blamed. The market was blowing up before he even got into office which was during Bush's era.

Edited by Faval, 27 May 2010 - 01:42 PM.

#70 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:51 PM

While that is true, he can't be the only one to be blamed. The market was blowing up before he even got into office which was during Bush's era.

Who okayed a 800 billion dollar bailout? Who okayed a second bailout? Who okayed the 4000 page healthcare bill?

Obama did.

He has the power to stop this. He is not. This is his fault.

#71 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

Who okayed a 800 billion dollar bailout? Who okayed a second bailout? Who okayed the 4000 page healthcare bill?

Obama did.

He has the power to stop this. He is not. This is his fault.

Who was in office during the economy crash that created the need for an 800 billion dollar bailout?

And the same crash?

Who didn't continue the healthcare work of Bill Clinton?

Dubya.

He had the power to do something, but instead went warmongering.

#72 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

West as in United States? the U.S fears nothing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users