Quantcast

Photo

if you could have any thing from the world of harry potter, what would it be?

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#176 Anarki

Anarki
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:27 AM

The Philosophers stone? Isn't it the Sorcerers Stone? O_o

And I would so want that to be uber rich and stuff.

#177 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:31 AM

The Philosophers stone? Isn't it the Sorcerers Stone? O_o

And I would so want that to be uber rich and stuff.

The publishing company changed the name in the US because they didn't think the American audience would know what the Philosophers Stone was.

#178 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:10 AM

Harry

Posted Image

I already have what I need from the world of Harry Potter... Slytherin colored arm warmers. Very useful in south Texas.

#179 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:14 AM

Hermione Granger, Cho Chang, Luna Lovegood, Fleur Delacour, and Gabrielle Delacour.
Maybe that badass sorting hat, imagine if someone taught it african american vernacular english :D

#180 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:23 AM

Hermione Granger, Cho Chang, Luna Lovegood, Fleur Delacour, and Gabrielle Delacour.
Maybe that badass sorting hat, imagine if someone taught it african american vernacular english :D

Overlooking the fact that the thread specified "thing" (you know...singular, inanimate) this would be an awful, awful combination.

Cho would burst into tears and accuse you of liking Hermione more than her. Whilst this has the short-term potential of making her competitive for your attention, it's extremely likely that she would get jealous and angry and storm off - probably after doing something unpleasant to you as payback. Luna would spend the whole time asking people if they have venereal diseases caused by something weird. And no, not weird in a kinky way. Fleur would shriek at you - at best, considering she's part Veela, and they can be nasty when pissed off - for corrupting her little sister. Hermione would be reading out instructions from a book and making cutting remarks about how everyone is doing everything wrong - including you.

#181 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:39 AM

Gabrielle Delacour.

She's twelve.

#182 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:52 PM

She's twelve.

Actually since it's 2010 she's 23 years old ;) (born in 1987)

Edited by pathentic, 29 July 2010 - 12:52 PM.

#183 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

Actually since it's 2010 she's 23 years old ;) (born in 1987)

If you want to go by that, then Hermione is 31. Way too old for a child like you.

#184 Philj16

Philj16
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

Has to be the invisable cloke :D

#185 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:42 PM

Has to be the invisable cloke :D

What's that?

#186 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

A cloak that can also be used as a Visa card.

#187 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

If I could have only one thing from the wizzarding world.. that is hard to decide.

Philosopher's Stone is tempting cause of the money I wouldn't abuse it and get a shit-laod of gold. I would simply make USD with it, just enough to get what I need and move on.

Broom or Buckbeak is tempting in that I'd enjoy flying but as I don't see how that would help me any, though fun I'd have to pass.

A house-elf would be nice because they have a bit of magic and can't help around the house and fix things that are broken. I'd be nice to it and allow it to have time to itself.

I really like the thought of 12 Grimauld place. I have been trying to get out from under my betraying mother's careful eyes for the past year, and an unplotable house is a great place to be as unless Blaze tells her where I am, she can stare at the house and NEVER freaking see me! Though I would like some of the less pleasant things taken out of there (like the painting).

So if muggle, Philosopher's Stone and a house elf, if a witch then 12 Grimauld Place.

#188 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

Elder Wand!

#189 Kelvee

Kelvee
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

I would definitely go for a hippogriff.

I want to have one of those times when my neighbor looks at me and my hippogriff and questions,"What is that thing?"
I reply, "It's a hippogriff. Everyone has one in this day and age."
My neighbor would just nod and say, "Ah. Nice to know. I should get one of my own."
A few seconds later my hippogriff scowls at my neighbor making him run to his house and call animal control.
After days of being on the run from the CIA and a shadow pursuer, my hippogriff saves the president and we live happily ever after.

Nah, that's not the real reason. I just want a pet that'll scare the bratty neighbor's kid off my property.

#190 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

If you want to go by that, then Hermione is 31. Way too old for a child like you.

Err . . . not really . . . the age disparity in dating rule is 1/2 age+3 isn't it O_o

What's that?

I think he meant invisibility cloak O_o which means a magical garment that renders the user invisible.

Edited by pathentic, 29 July 2010 - 07:34 PM.

#191 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

Err . . . not really . . . the age disparity in dating rule is 1/2 age+3 isn't it O_o

I think he meant invisible cloak O_o which means a magical garment that renders the user invisible.

Plus seven.

I know well what he meant.
And actually, since you're such a clever chap, I'd expect you to know that it would be an "invisibility" cloak. An "invisible" cloak would just be a cloak that you can't see, without any transference to the wearer.

#192 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

Plus seven.

I know well what he meant.
And actually, since you're such a clever chap, I'd expect you to know that it would be an "invisibility" cloak. An "invisible" cloak would just be a cloak that you can't see, without any transference to the wearer.

+10 finding a typo :thumbsup:. And it's also called the cloak of invisibility :p

#193 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:37 PM

the actress is at a good age :D

Overlooking the fact that the thread specified "thing" (you know...singular, inanimate) this would be an awful, awful combination.

Cho would burst into tears and accuse you of liking Hermione more than her. Whilst this has the short-term potential of making her competitive for your attention, it's extremely likely that she would get jealous and angry and storm off - probably after doing something unpleasant to you as payback. Luna would spend the whole time asking people if they have venereal diseases caused by something weird. And no, not weird in a kinky way. Fleur would shriek at you - at best, considering she's part Veela, and they can be nasty when pissed off - for corrupting her little sister. Hermione would be reading out instructions from a book and making cutting remarks about how everyone is doing everything wrong - including you.

way to burst my bubble :'(

She's twelve.

the actress is like the same age as me :)

#194 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:44 PM

LOL . . . If only there was a real Hermione and a real Gabrielle Delacour ;)

#195 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:51 AM

+10 finding a typo :thumbsup:. And it's also called the cloak of invisibility :p

Yes, but you didn't say that, either.
You're still wrong.

The actress isn't a "thing from the world of Harry Potter".

#196 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:11 AM

I was only informing you of the consequences of your choice. But hey, at least you didn't get Lavender involved, too.

LOL . . . If only there was a real Hermione and a real Gabrielle Delacour ;)

What would your supposed fiancé say to this?

#197 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:57 AM

I instantly thought of this.
Posted Image

#198 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:51 AM

Not *all* time turners were destroyed. Just the ones in that particular room of the Ministry. There are more time turners, at other ministries, in the hands of licensed users, and on the black market.

#199 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

Hmm she would probably tell you to stop trolling me O_o.

I instantly thought of this.
Posted Image

Nice wife you have there PRMB :thumbsup:. I don't think she's real tho :p

Edited by pathentic, 30 July 2010 - 12:42 PM.

#200 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

Nice wife you have there PRMB :thumbsup:. I don't think she's real tho :p

She's female, fucktard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users