Quantcast

Photo

if you could have any thing from the world of harry potter, what would it be?

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#151 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:00 AM

Philosopher's stone without a doubt. money + living forever, cant beat that.
Im not really interested in the money aspect of it though, it's more the prospect of living forever that excites me.

Edited by iOmega, 24 July 2010 - 04:07 AM.

#152 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:37 AM

Boy aren't you a dumbass? You're the one that made it go off-topic I was just minding my business telling about a personal experience related to one of the Harry Potter actors and you have the nerve to think I'm lying and saying that it never happened when In reality I did hang out with her once. So maybe just maybe you should've just STFU earlier and not cause an argument O_o don't bother replying to this you're only going to make the thread go off-topic even more than you already have . . .

It was your waffling and lack of proof which derailed the thread.

A couple of nifflers, a herd of thestrals, Moody's chest and Dumbledore's pocket watch.

Practical things. Or pets.

Moody's chest is a good idea - especially if you get everything inside it as well. I'd hate to see the damage nifflers would cause as pets, though.

Felix Felicis would be sweet though.

I dunno. It seems too tempting - you'd just want to keep taking more and more, which would have damaging side effects.

#153 Piinky

Piinky
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:33 AM

The wand AND the invisibility Cloak. :D

#154 KatieKat

KatieKat
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:03 AM

Butterbeer maybe? It's always sounded very good to me, just like krabby patties (:

#155 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:09 AM

The wand AND the invisibility Cloak. :D

Difficulty counting to one? :p

#156 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:52 AM

Moody's chest and Dumbledore's pocket watch.

It's been a while since I read the books, Moody's chest is much bigger than it appears and Dumbledore's watch controls time? Or was the thing Hermione used to control time not Dumbledore's pocket watch?

#157 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:57 AM

It's been a while since I read the books, Moody's chest is much bigger than it appears and Dumbledore's watch controls time? Or was the thing Hermione used to control time not Dumbledore's pocket watch?

As far as I remember, Dumbledore's watch doesn't do anything magical :p
The time-travelling device was a time-turned. They were all destroyed, though.

#158 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:08 AM

Let the argument stop here so it won't go off-topic anymore :D.
Kay I would take that cute baby dragon from that old bearded dude

Edited by Syorie, 24 July 2010 - 09:09 AM.

#159 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:18 AM

It was your waffling and lack of proof which derailed the thread.

Just because you don't believe it didn't happen doesn't mean it didn't happen tho O_o

Dumbledore's watch is nice but it doesn't control time it was Hermione's Time Turner that can control time but Dumbledore's watch uses 12 planets instead of 12 numbers

Edited by pathentic, 24 July 2010 - 11:18 AM.

#160 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:38 PM

Oh

Then why would Redlion want the watch? :p

#161 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:23 PM

Hermione Granger.

Lol, just kidding. Um...probably a time turner. That'd be nifty.

#162 Andy

Andy
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

Hagrid's luscious beard :p

#163 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

Hagrid's luscious beard :p

but imagine cleaning that thing...that's probably where he gets all his magical creatures, they grow inside the beard

#164 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

Moody's chest has seven different compartments, each bigger than the one before it. The last compartment is basically a prison, which is where the real Alastor Moody was while Barty Crouch Jr. was posing as Moody.

But yeah, not only is the chest nifty, but I'd like to have his collection of novels or whatever. One of the compartments was his library. And one was his dark wizard detectors.

As far as I remember, Dumbledore's watch doesn't do anything magical :p
The time-travelling device was a time-turned. They were all destroyed, though.

Correct, it's not a time turner. I just trust Dumbledore's taste in time pieces. If nothing else, he seems punctual.

And when were the time turners destroyed? I remember Hermione lost hers, but that was because of how frequently she was using it. Some sort of temporal warp culminating in them having to go back in time to save themselves.

Oh

Then why would Redlion want the watch? :p

Because one could never find a watch like that in the real world. It's not overtly magical, but it is still unique to the 'wizarding world'. Have you ever seen one?

#165 Andy

Andy
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

but imagine cleaning that thing...that's probably where he gets all his magical creatures, they grow inside the beard

That's the best part!!!

#166 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:07 PM

And when were the time turners destroyed? I remember Hermione lost hers, but that was because of how frequently she was using it. Some sort of temporal warp culminating in them having to go back in time to save themselves.
Because one could never find a watch like that in the real world. It's not overtly magical, but it is still unique to the 'wizarding world'. Have you ever seen one?

The Time turners were destroyed in the battle of the department of magical mysteries in book five. Err Hermione time traveled back in time so that they can save Sirius and Buckbeak not because of a temporal warp. She decided to give up the time turner because she found that the amount of classes she had was stressful and decided to drop muggle studies and divination.

And yeh Dumbledore's watch may be unique to the wizarding world since even though most wizards get a watch at age 17 Dumbledore's watch uses planets instead of numbers.

Edited by pathentic, 24 July 2010 - 07:22 PM.

#167 david santiago

david santiago
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:50 AM

Harry

#168 Sumini

Sumini
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:02 AM

I want a owl
soo cute ^-^

#169 Taraberra

Taraberra
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:58 PM

Harry's pet owl, actually. xD I used to envy that owl, it's so pretty and well trained.

#170 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

Harry's pet owl, actually. xD I used to envy that owl, it's so pretty and well trained.

saddest part of deathly hallows by far :'(

#171 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

saddest part of deathly hallows by far :'(

No chance. Dobby's death was far worse.

#172 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:37 PM

Owls are cool, but birds are nasty.
Plus creepy after the fourth kind.

#173 xBlack420

xBlack420
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:46 AM

Who wouldn't choose the time turner? I'd love to randomly go back and forth in time, really.

#174 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:48 AM

Who wouldn't choose the time turner? I'd love to randomly go back and forth in time, really.

Up until you cause the collapse of the space-time continuum and annihilate the entirety of reality? :p

#175 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:37 AM

Laws of causality be damned, he has 18th century pioneers to troll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users