Quantcast

Photo

Which is worse: Alcohol, weed or cigarettes?

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#151 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

There's nothin wrong with weed. Why does everyone hate so much on people who get high?

Cigarettes are worse I'd say.

Because it's illegal. And it's pretty annoying to hear about it when they don't smoke it themselves. You'll notice a lot of pot heads like to talk about pot. And legalizing it. And getting high. And then back to pot.

Seriously, legalize pot already so I don't have to hear the hippies talk about it anymore. Jeez.

#152 Doginator

Doginator
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:45 PM

Cigs are the worst, then alcohol. Weed should be replaced by a big mac tbh, its way more dangerous. That being said, although there are no long term side effects for recreational users, if you smoke enough weed, i.e. breathing smoke full of burnt organic matter, you can develop respiratory problems. But you have to be smoking many joints daily (like in super high me).

#153 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:23 AM

Weed should be replaced by a big mac tbh, its way more dangerous.

+rep for that one!

#154 Butet

Butet
  • 213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:00 AM

Say NO to all of them !!!

#155 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:10 AM

Oh, dear... and it's time like these that I feel like such a corrupting influence.

#156 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:19 AM

Hey just puff it and relax bro...

Posted Image

#157 Butet

Butet
  • 213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:13 PM

but if i have to choose, i choose weed since i'm a heavy smoker =D

#158 Whitegreyhatonit

Whitegreyhatonit
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

Alcohol is the worst. Cigarettes are awesome, you people come from a brainwashed generation. And medically cigarette smoking can indicate cancer growth, it doesnt cause it. Alcohol withdrawl is fatal and painful, the amount of americans that suffer with this is really incalculable.

Phillip morris is one of the most responsible corporations, much more than anheuser-busch and the likes of the alcohol industry. Ask the ATF.

#159 Vivendio

Vivendio
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:57 PM

In my opinion, weed is the worst, followed by cigarettes, and then alcohol.

#160 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:16 PM

And medically cigarette smoking can indicate cancer growth, it doesnt cause it.

Wait what?

#161 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:22 PM

Alcohol is the worst. Cigarettes are awesome, you people come from a brainwashed generation. And medically cigarette smoking can indicate cancer growth, it doesnt cause it. Alcohol withdrawl is fatal and painful, the amount of americans that suffer with this is really incalculable.

Cigarettes cause cancer. Thats a proven fact.

#162 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:24 AM

I don't think you need to go that far, really. Most, if not all of the people here, are past the age where DARE is required to graduate. :p

From what I know, I'd probably say cigarettes are the worst, then alcohol, then weed. I'm almost tempted to say alcohol is the worst though, partially because it causes WAY more problems than it solves. If you're not careful, you could end up getting roofie'd at a bar, and if you're not a responsible drinker, you could end up with a criminal record. Some drunk guy crashed a car into our house at 11:30 PM the night before Thanksgiving; that's probably not going to happen if someone's just smoking cigarettes.

Cigarettes irritate my throat and lungs, but as long as I don't have to be near them, I don't care too much. I understand it'd be different if I had asthma or a severe allergic reaction to cigarettes, but thankfully I don't.

Edited by PsychoSoldier, 04 February 2011 - 05:19 PM.

#163 Nilla

Nilla
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:45 AM

Depends. Sometimes dealers can be stupid and mix stuff in the weed without people knowing. In the long run, alcohol and cigarettes are worse, but weed can be just as bad if you aren't careful.

#164 HeavenNEarth

HeavenNEarth
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

Alcohol and Ciggs are bad.... They kill others too besides urself

#165 Hlaw

Hlaw
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:23 PM

I'd say that in terms of what does harm to the people around you, alcohol is the worst. If it's violence related it can happen quite quickly, whereas with cigarette passive smoking it will hurt you but you gotta be exposed to alot of it and over a few years.

#166 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

i think Ciggarets are worse to be honest because you can get all different types of cancer from it. and because you smoke it other people around you like family too and close friends maybe attracted by it then they will begin to smoke and then goes on and on and even if someone decides not to smoke there is still passive smoking and pollution but unfortunately ciggarets bring in a vast amount of money to the economy

#167 Andy

Andy
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:15 PM

Tobacco is the most dangerous, 50% of people who smoke cigarettes will die from a smoking related cause. Tobacco use is "the single most important preventable risk to human health in developed countries and an important cause of premature death worldwide" according to the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Alcohol when consumed in moderation (1-2 drinks a day) is known to have proven cardiovascular benefits, and those who consume in moderation overall have lower mortality rates from all causes than their non-drinking counterparts (15-18% lower), while of course drinking beyond moderation is known to elevate mortality rates (by approx. 60%). Alcohol is the 3rd highest lifestyle related cause of death in the United States, after Tobacco usage and obesity. However the vast majority of people who consume alcohol throughout their lives will have nothing to blame alcohol for other than a few nights of embarrassment and perhaps their lifelong partner.

Cannabis is one of the most harmless drugs in the world, mainly banned due to the ease of it's production, making it difficult to tax. In very recent studies it has been revealed to be strongly correlated with both the earlier onset and increased likelihood of developing psychosis, specifically schizophrenia.

I personally just stick with alcohol. Being stoned is about as cool as Cher's wardrobe.

#168 shakes

shakes
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:21 AM

Your lungs can recuperate after you've quit smoking, though the damage it does assuming you don't quit is the worst. I know alcohol can destroy your liver, but it can be drunk in moderation. I'm not sure what the drawbacks of weed are, aside from an altered mental state. I think it kills brain cells, I'm not sure. I'd say a regular cigarette does more damage though.

#169 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:30 AM

I say cigars are worst. Black & Milds send me to the hospital when I simply SMELL the smoke from them. I sat at home for 4 days. Water and any other kind of drinks and food couldn't be kept down. I hadn't eaten or drank anything for almost 5 days by the time my mom called her friend and he told her to take me to the hospital. I had a horrible migrain that just didn't want me to live apparently. I got so weak I couldn't move off the couch at all and my mom's friend who has a broken back had to help me walk...

How is weed on this list of being worse though? People don't die from it or get cancer or anything. In fact, most people at 420 fests just say "Whatever" and walk away when someone tries to fight with them. I've heard of the 420 fests ending because so many people just walked out since others were trying to start problems. It makes people chill :)

Alcohol? Yeah horrible if used wrongfully. Idiots like to think they can drive and everything while intoxicated and they're the ones that ruin everything for everyone. Getting drunk is cool and fun and all if you STAY INDOORS and not be an idiot about it. Unfortunately humans are incapable of this.

Cigs? I hate em. My bf smokes and they stink. People who smoke are only adding another nail to their coffin and adding nails to non smokers cause we have to breath it in. Ever noticed that when you go to Disneyland or another place that has a "Smoke Here Only" zone NO ONE smokes there? They smoke where all the signs say "No Smoking". Assholes...

#170 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:43 AM

alcohol can be drunk in moderation with benefit and no adverse effect
cigarette has less possible tangible benefit, but can be used in nominal amount with no adverse effect
weed alters your mind, which is an adverse effect, every time

so weed is the worst :) i know you'll disagree

why is altering your mind an adverse effect?

#171 Kuraz

Kuraz
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:49 AM

(just to say, I dont know much about weeds)
well it seems to me that weed would be the worst, considering the fact that it is a drug
so does cig.. even passive smoking can have adverse effects on health

so it looks that alcohol is a less-harmful thing comparatviely O_o
but still many ppl die from Cirrhosis :crybaby:

#172 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:54 AM

The thing that people dont seem to get bout it though is that unlike cigs and alcohol weed really doesn't do anything. Just cause its a drug doesn't mean that its as bad as things like meth and acid. Its not NEARLY anything like those. In fact, a lot of stoners stick to their weed and steer clear of other hardcore drugs. People try tagging weed as a gateway drug but its not at all. I'm COMPLETELY against anything else but just recently started with weed. I used to look at it like "ITS A DRUG ITS HORRIBLE IT KILLS!!! -HIIIISSSSS-" but... I never looked into what weed could do to your body but its less than what cigs and alcohol could do. At least it doesn't kill you or others o.O

#173 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:20 PM

(just to say, I dont know much about weeds)
well it seems to me that weed would be the worst, considering the fact that it is a drug
so does cig.. even passive smoking can have adverse effects on health

so it looks that alcohol is a less-harmful thing comparatviely O_o
but still many ppl die from Cirrhosis :crybaby:

Alcohol is a depressant and it affects the way your mind and body function, so I would most definitely classify it as a drug.

#174 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

The thing that people dont seem to get bout it though is that unlike cigs and alcohol weed really doesn't do anything. Just cause its a drug doesn't mean that its as bad as things like meth and acid. Its not NEARLY anything like those. In fact, a lot of stoners stick to their weed and steer clear of other hardcore drugs. People try tagging weed as a gateway drug but its not at all. I'm COMPLETELY against anything else but just recently started with weed. I used to look at it like "ITS A DRUG ITS HORRIBLE IT KILLS!!! -HIIIISSSSS-" but... I never looked into what weed could do to your body but its less than what cigs and alcohol could do. At least it doesn't kill you or others o.O

I once recalled myself saying the same thing "weed is not a gateway drug".
But in fact, it is.
I am a living example.
If it weren't for weed I would have never stuck around with the crew that ended up going to raves.
Raves has deeply impacted my life for it has introduced me to at least 90% of Americas illegal drugs.
As much as I love marijuana, I have to label it as a gateway drug.

#175 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:33 PM

I once recalled myself saying the same thing "weed is not a gateway drug".
But in fact, it is.
I am a living example.
If it weren't for weed I would have never stuck around with the crew that ended up going to raves.
Raves has deeply impacted my life for it has introduced me to at least 90% of Americas illegal drugs.
As much as I love marijuana, I have to label it as a gateway drug.

I think that has more to do with the people you hung around rather than the weed itself.

Edited by PsychoSoldier, 14 February 2011 - 07:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users