Quantcast

Photo

Which is worse: Alcohol, weed or cigarettes?

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#176 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

I once recalled myself saying the same thing "weed is not a gateway drug".
But in fact, it is.
I am a living example.
If it weren't for weed I would have never stuck around with the crew that ended up going to raves.
Raves has deeply impacted my life for it has introduced me to at least 90% of Americas illegal drugs.
As much as I love marijuana, I have to label it as a gateway drug.

IMO, that's for people who allow it to be though. As for me? I don't hang with that kind of crowd at all. I hang with friends who get 4.0's in high school and college, the goody two shoe kids, the ones afraid to break rules. I dont like raves so much and I HATED weed as is. The only reason I started was cause my bf guilt tripped me into it when I accidently went into my bro's room when he hot boxed in there right after he did so and got contact high. My bf made some comment like, "Well at least you get to be high..." so I gave it a chance and tried it. I don't know. I guess it just depends on the person though too and who you hang out with, what your beliefs are, and what you are willing to do. My bf has been smoking weed for years and has been offered other hardcore drugs and turned them down. In fact, someone even offered him and his friends some weed but the guy that offered put coke in it as well. They bout nearly put the kid in the hospital and had him pretty much crying on the ground cause they broke his pipe. They have no interest in other drugs, raves, parties, nothing. I'm the same way. I stick to myself, stay away from the crowded places, and am literally (not kidding right now...) quite afraid of other drugs like acid and shit. In my opinion it depends on who you are. My bf and his friends are a living example :p

(My bf even just mentioned that if another kid does something like that again he wont be so lucky walking away. He will kill that kid cause he (quote on quote) "Doesn't want that shit or anything to do with it in his life")

Edited by Yukixx, 14 February 2011 - 11:11 PM.

#177 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:10 AM

I once recalled myself saying the same thing "weed is not a gateway drug".
But in fact, it is.
I am a living example.
If it weren't for weed I would have never stuck around with the crew that ended up going to raves.
Raves has deeply impacted my life for it has introduced me to at least 90% of Americas illegal drugs.
As much as I love marijuana, I have to label it as a gateway drug.

You are just another sample of a biased survey :/

-Survey "hard drug" users to see if they have used marijuana
-Survey marijuana users to see if they have used hard drugs

I'm sure you would come to vastly different conclusions if you performed these two different surveys.

#178 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:51 AM

IMO, that's for people who allow it to be though. As for me? I don't hang with that kind of crowd at all. I hang with friends who get 4.0's in high school and college, the goody two shoe kids, the ones afraid to break rules. I dont like raves so much and I HATED weed as is. The only reason I started was cause my bf guilt tripped me into it when I accidently went into my bro's room when he hot boxed in there right after he did so and got contact high. My bf made some comment like, "Well at least you get to be high..." so I gave it a chance and tried it. I don't know. I guess it just depends on the person though too and who you hang out with, what your beliefs are, and what you are willing to do. My bf has been smoking weed for years and has been offered other hardcore drugs and turned them down. In fact, someone even offered him and his friends some weed but the guy that offered put coke in it as well. They bout nearly put the kid in the hospital and had him pretty much crying on the ground cause they broke his pipe. They have no interest in other drugs, raves, parties, nothing. I'm the same way. I stick to myself, stay away from the crowded places, and am literally (not kidding right now...) quite afraid of other drugs like acid and shit. In my opinion it depends on who you are. My bf and his friends are a living example :p

(My bf even just mentioned that if another kid does something like that again he wont be so lucky walking away. He will kill that kid cause he (quote on quote) "Doesn't want that shit or anything to do with it in his life")

True, I see where you're coming from.
Where I live it's kind of hard NOT to be apart of that crowd because almost everybody in Hawaii (at least the island i'm from) grows up with elders, if not, parents that smoke weed.
Now I wasn't saying that for EVERYBODY marijuana is a gateway drug, Im saying that it CAN be and IS for many people.
Sure, I know some people who only smoke weed and have never touched any of that, so called "hard" shit.
But, for most of the people I know; weed only gets you so high, not to mention you build a tolerance to it; making you search for something that maybe costs the same but gets you past the clouds and half way to the moon.
Its more of a "more bang for your buck" kind of thing.
With that said, I still think that if it weren't for me gaining the courage to smoke weed, I would have never grown the balls to go on to other things.
And if it weren't for weed limiting my "high" I wouldn't have gone on to doing other things.
Im not a cronic, nor a drug addict. I seek thrill and variety. If that means double dropping pills till the sun rises with the friends I know and love, then so be it. Im gonna do me.

--PS: I was never a 4.0 student, however I get better grades than most people that pick up the pipe, and I go to a University.

#179 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

True, I see where you're coming from.
Where I live it's kind of hard NOT to be apart of that crowd because almost everybody in Hawaii (at least the island i'm from) grows up with elders, if not, parents that smoke weed.
Now I wasn't saying that for EVERYBODY marijuana is a gateway drug, Im saying that it CAN be and IS for many people.
Sure, I know some people who only smoke weed and have never touched any of that, so called "hard" shit.
But, for most of the people I know; weed only gets you so high, not to mention you build a tolerance to it; making you search for something that maybe costs the same but gets you past the clouds and half way to the moon.
Its more of a "more bang for your buck" kind of thing.
With that said, I still think that if it weren't for me gaining the courage to smoke weed, I would have never grown the balls to go on to other things.
And if it weren't for weed limiting my "high" I wouldn't have gone on to doing other things.
Im not a cronic, nor a drug addict. I seek thrill and variety. If that means double dropping pills till the sun rises with the friends I know and love, then so be it. Im gonna do me.

--PS: I was never a 4.0 student, however I get better grades than most people that pick up the pipe, and I go to a University.

lol sad thing for me is that I haven't ever had the best grades. Enough to pass though. I didnt touch weed up until about 2 months ago though when I was already in college. I'm going to career college right now (Hate community and unis <.< Too high school based and can't stand it).
Another sad thing is that I do have another group of friends I'd hang with everynow and then. They were the ones that do E and other shit but even offered quite a few times, I still turned it down. I dont have a need to get high. I smoke weed just for the hell of it but if I had to stop I could. Right now I dont have anything and am like "whatever" and personally dont care if I ever get it again. Getting high isn't a need for me. Its not an addiction. I've also smoked cigs and drank alcohol (Only got drunk twice in my life though) and cigs... I smoked them for about a month or two back in 10th grade and never got addicted. Same with alcohol.
But a lot of people who smoke weed usually never do touch anything else. Its based on who and what you allow to influence you as well as, going off what you said, how much you really wanna be high. For people like me, my bf, and his friends, we could care less if we can't get high anymore off weed. We still wont touch anything else. If weed can't get us high anymore that's the end of that - oh well :p

Another sad thing though... I already have a semi tolerance to that shit. My very first time smoking it, it took me a bowl 1/2 to get me even "good". That was off shit that even my brother who had been smoking for years and doing E and shit took a hit off of once and got high. Took one more and he was good. Still to this day takes me a while to get high less we have some REALLY good shit. I dunno, Ive always found it weird that I have a tolerance to addictive things like cigs and such and now I have a semi tolerance to how high weed gets me =/
lol

#180 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

Alcohol, probbably just because one loses thier thought process and thinks differently than what one would normally. I guess weed too but I would say Alcohol is more of an opening drug than the others. If you're willing to get the effects from alcohol, why not cigarettes and other harder drugs?

#181 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:06 PM

What effects do you get from cigarettes?
You make it sound as if you even get a high from cigarettes.
I've been smoking cigarettes for 8 years now and never have I felt any kind of effect besides it relaxing me.

#182 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:08 PM

I've been smoking cigarettes for 8 years now and never have I felt any kind of effect besides it relaxing me.

Exactly, it's the "hit" every intake when you smoke. You smoke for that effect and the mental habit. Addicted smokers smoke for the effect, not smoke to smoke. As far as getting high, I think a drug is a drug.

#183 Poptart

Poptart
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

Everything is great in moderation! :p

But if I had to rate, worse would be cigarettes, then alcohol, then weed.

Cigarettes- Addictive, nasty stuff. That I am having a very hard time quitting.

Alcohol- Great in small doses. Daiquiris=yum. I hate beer, but hard liquor is nice. I live in the South, and drinking at the river is an enjoyable pastime..

Weed- Very good and good for you. At least compared to the other two. While inhaling any kind of smoke is bad, weed is natural..and amazing. (: Only bad thing about weed is it can be very consuming. I have dated many a potheads who did nothing but smoke, and seriously got more dumb as the years rolled on. :p

#184 HeavenNEarth

HeavenNEarth
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:08 PM

Many people die from this -_- ... I have friends smoking away a few packs within hours

#185 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

Only bad thing about weed is it can be very consuming. I have dated many a potheads who did nothing but smoke, and seriously got more dumb as the years rolled on. :p

Which is why you need to sit around and have intelligent conversations instead of eating Cheetos and watching Family Guy :3

(And I use "you" in the general sense, not in the direct sense)

#186 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

Many people die from this -_- ... I have friends smoking away a few packs within hours

Not to be rude.. but no shit bro, i know that.
Read posts better next time -_-

#187 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

Everything is great in moderation! :p

But if I had to rate, worse would be cigarettes, then alcohol, then weed.

Cigarettes- Addictive, nasty stuff. That I am having a very hard time quitting.

Alcohol- Great in small doses. Daiquiris=yum. I hate beer, but hard liquor is nice. I live in the South, and drinking at the river is an enjoyable pastime..

Weed- Very good and good for you. At least compared to the other two. While inhaling any kind of smoke is bad, weed is natural..and amazing. (: Only bad thing about weed is it can be very consuming. I have dated many a potheads who did nothing but smoke, and seriously got more dumb as the years rolled on. :p

WHAT THE! So weed is better than cigarettes? That "natural" thing is ridiculous, all things are natural xD And yes, people do get dumb, very very dumb. The kind where they can't go to work on time and get fired and can't pay the bills.

#188 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:51 PM

WHAT THE! So weed is better than cigarettes? That "natural" thing is ridiculous, all things are natural xD And yes, people do get dumb, very very dumb. The kind where they can't go to work on time and get fired and can't pay the bills.

Well, marijuana does cure some forms of cancer.
On the other hand, cigarettes does not.
Sure all things are natural, but the chemicals found in cigarettes are just plain nasty.
If you watched the movie "super high me" you would actually see that marijuana makes this stand-up comedian "smarter"
Im pretty sure thats not the case for everyone, but its interesting to see that it works that way for some.

#189 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:43 AM

I get a very high high... lmao xD
I get more high off a drag of a cig then a hit on pot. I don't smoke much ever but when I feel like feeling that kind of high I take a drag from my bf's. Hate the taste and smell still but every once in a blue moon I like the feeling. I literally can't walk at that point. It only lasts for like 5 minutes though =/

I'm the same way :D I loath beer but JD's are my favorites (Not mixed with anything, just straight). My first time ever getting drunk I had about a full glass of Vodka and a whole pitcher of a Daiquiri before anything hit me. But when it did... Damn o.o Talk about my first time drunk xD

Which is why you need to sit around and have intelligent conversations instead of eating Cheetos and watching Family Guy :3

(And I use "you" in the general sense, not in the direct sense)

omg agreed xD
Out of all the convos my bf, brother, and our friends have while we are high, I came to the conclusion that we needed to make a stoner's diary or something. Record our convos... There's shit we will say every now and then that is actually pretty smart about some subject strangely enough. Most of the shit is stupid though but we mostly only talk. I don't like smoking, eating, and sitting around doing nothing.
Kinda off topic from this but still sorta on topic:

My friend once ate an ant that was crawling on him when he was high. About five minutes later he yelled out "OW! FUCKER!!". We all stared at him with the 'wtf?' look and he stared back blankly and replied, "The ant bit my tongue...." xD
I miss him. He did a lot of stupid funny shit but he went to Iraq last month :(

#190 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:46 AM

Well, marijuana does cure some forms of cancer.
On the other hand, cigarettes does not.
Sure all things are natural, but the chemicals found in cigarettes are just plain nasty.
If you watched the movie "super high me" you would actually see that marijuana makes this stand-up comedian "smarter"
Im pretty sure thats not the case for everyone, but its interesting to see that it works that way for some.

For one, marijuana is illegal (that's another debate though) xD and two, it's often known as a gateway drug, meaning it will most likely lead into other harder drugs... I still think cigarettes are better; they're more accepted by society and it'll kill you slowly :p

#191 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:50 AM

Cigs? Natural???
I know some brands use more "natural" ingrediants in their cigs but they still put soooo much shit in them that makes them so far from natural that it kinda cancels out the 'natural' part of it and makes it obselete.

Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins. These include nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT.

There are 599 ingrediants used in cigs and one of them is also Rat Poison. There was something else I've seen and forgot what it was. But IMO, cigs are far from natural just cause of all the unnatural stuff in them.

For one, marijuana is illegal (that's another debate though) xD and two, it's often known as a gateway drug, meaning it will most likely lead into other harder drugs... I still think cigarettes are better; they're more accepted by society and it'll kill you slowly :p

Weed wont kill you at all though and we just finished talking bout it but in my opinion, its not a gateway drug. The only way its a gateway drug is depending who you hang with. If you read some of my previous posts on this page you'll see examples of what I mean. Me and CuriousOyster were talking bout it and like I said in those posts, my bf, me, and his friends are soooo against any other drug that when some kid put coke in the weed he offered my bf and his friends, they literally beat the shit outta him and broke his pipe when they found out =/
It depends on the crowd you're with and what you wanna do yourself. A lot of stoners though that I know stick to their weed and hate anything else (These are people that have been smoking it since they were like 12)

Edited by Yukixx, 16 February 2011 - 08:38 AM.

#192 KitsuKun

KitsuKun
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

Hey you know what I smoked weed and nobody died. And guess what Imma smoke it again today too...... and tomorrow....... and...... nvm u get the point.

Now I think Drinking does the most damage, Yes cigs may smell bad and give you cancer, but alcohol will make all sorts of things fail in your body. Like...... Almost everything, mostly brain falure (for those who like to DWI)

Ok on to weed.

.... Sigh.... (Been through this a million times)

Ok..... Weed..... out of the hundreded some odd thousand deaths from alcohol and ciggeretts weed comes in at a very pleasing rate of 0 deaths per year. I am not talking about accidents or doing retarded things under the influence of, I am talking about just alcohol and cigs themselves, while you are sitting on the couch or hugging the porcelin (SP?) goddess. I know that it was mentioned that you cannot overdose on weed. In fact it is NOT impossible to overdose on weed, just VERY hard, right next to impossible. Inorder to overdose on weed you would have to smoke 40,000x what you would normally smoke in one day, for me and my family of friends we can go through an oz easily. So just 1oz, that is 40,000oz that you would have to smoke inorder to overdose.

As for weed causing harmful effects on your lungs and shit, if you are really that worried about it Vaporize that shit. With a vaporizer there is 0% chance of putting ANYTHING harmful in your body if you do it right, You turn it on and start filling the bag. You DON'T wait till you see smoke (this is where the carcinogenic shit comes in), unlike some believe.

Not going to go on and on about weed.
But the last thing I want to say is weed is NOT a gateway drug it is a poor pathetic excuse used by hard drug users to ease their mind about being a moron. Everytime I talk to a cop about weed it always ends up in the cop saying "Becareful it is a gateway drug".... This usually ends up with me almost in hand cuffs because I usually call the cop an idiot, and tell him to do his homework before he starts spreading bullspit information to people. The D.A.R.E officer that came to my school every year got really sick of me calling him an idiot, and completly proving my point, and him wrong, every time he came in to talk about weed. Long story short I was kicked out of the D.A.R.E. class. The 1st in my middle schools history. Weed is a social drug, the gateway is the friends you choose to hang with. I am sorry but it really pisses me off when people say it's a gateway drug, when indeed it is the people you hang with that incourage the use of "Hard Drugs", they use the weed as a box to stand on, like "Hey man you like the high weed gets you?" "Well check this shit out". You can't tell me that if you are sitting on the couch one day all by your self the idea of "HEY IMMA GO SMOKE METH" just randomly pops into your head, and the next thing you know your out selling everything you own to get an 8 ball.

Just like smoking weed, doing Meth, Coke, Angel Dust, LSD, E....... Just what ever is a CHOICE made by the person. I am sorry, but please if you are going to use the weed/gateway drug excuse, do us stoners a favor and LEAVE the 420 community. I mean if you really grow a tollerance (SP?) to it smoking weed, then stop smoking for a week and then smoke again. Weed tollerance goes away after 4 or 5 days or so. Absolutely no need to go as far as "looking for a new high".
As my GF has said, I was down smoking a bowl with some friends by the mall, and this kid walked up and offered us a bowl, then later had the fucking balls to admit that he had put coke in the weed. Naturally this lit a firey rage in all of us stoners that were there and we beat the living shit out of him. Broke his pipe, and made him cry like a blubbering baby. Sadly enough I am a believer that if you are going to disrespect a group of TRUE stoners like that....... DEATH is the justafiable punishment. Unfortunately my friends pulled me off of him shortly after I broke his jaw both cheek bones and a few ribs, the kid was lucky though because I was on my last punch directly to the throat wich would have ended up in a collapsed trachea, and shortly after death, if they haden't pulled me off of him when they did.

But yeah. I donno, this is Just MY opinion. Not directed at anyone at all, just how I feel. I just dont understand how people can go from.... "Ya lets smoke some weed that is a NATURAL plant that grows in the DIRT", to, "Ya lets smoke some house held chemicals".... If that is really your thought process, then........ I don't know what to tell you. Sorry if I offended anyone that is not what is intended here.

OK so this is the last, thing to say, but in cigs dont forget Plutonium 210, and Uranium..... And isn't the formaldehyde, that stuff they took out of fire extinguishers because it was harmful to humans? So they put it in cigs to keep it from lighting house fires, or fires in general?????? <.<

So again sorry if I offended anyone in what I said but it is just MY opinion, like it if you want, criticize if you feel the need, but either way it is just an opinion.

#193 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

Actually Kitsu, Formal is used to embalm dead bodies and keep stuff fresh...Usually all those jars full of bugs/animals/organs are put in formaldehyde..As well as woodworking and other things..not sure about fire extinguishers but it is used in exhaust gases....

But marijuana as a gateway drug is an excuse people use...I know tons of users who only use weed, I know others who pop pills and others who use harder stuff or just vicodin/codeine...Its all personal choice..Marijuana doesn't make you do anything..However, like alcohol, when under the effects of marijuana you may make a choice to do others forms of drugs. It is not a gateway drug and those who say it is just want marijuana to be legal..There are many medical uses and other uses for marijuana..Hemp is an alternative to paper, as well as being used in shampoo, rope, etc...Marijuana does not and has never cured cancer as someone stated..It does help those with cancer, however, alleviate pain and allow them to eat and keep down food instead of throwing it up from chemo.

I mean if you really grow a tolerance to it smoking weed, then stop smoking for a week and then smoke again. Weed tolerance goes away after 4 or 5 days or so. Absolutely no need to go as far as "looking for a new high". THIS too, from Kitsu, I constantly smoke but if I don't smoke for a couple days...man a blunt will have me faded...There is tolerance but it can go away, just give yourself a break.

Edited by Warriors, 16 February 2011 - 09:33 AM.

#194 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:37 AM

I mean if you really grow a tolerance to it smoking weed, then stop smoking for a week and then smoke again. Weed tolerance goes away after 4 or 5 days or so. Absolutely no need to go as far as "looking for a new high". THIS too, from Kitsu, I constantly smoke but if I don't smoke for a couple days...man a blunt will have me faded...There is tolerance but it can go away, just give yourself a break.

Perfect example.
Kitsu and I were completely out last night and he scraped the pipe. We got VERY VERY little resin. He took one hit (Not even NEAR a good hit) and got pretty fucking high off that amazingly. I got a bigger hit than him and didn't get shit <.<
But either or, we hadn't smoked for a few days and he got stoned off one, not even full, hit...
Point blank, proven :p

+1 for both of you. I learned quite a bit from both of your posts actually o.O

#195 Radiohead

Radiohead
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:31 PM

As someone who has years of experience with all 3 (trust me) I'd say alcohol is the worst because you can die from alcohol the first time you use it (drunk driving and you crash) whereas smoking cigarettes kills you over time.

#196 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:16 AM

Fact: Weed smokers are never sucessfull in life.

#197 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:30 AM

I would have thought making president would be deemed a success.

#198 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:04 AM

Yup (Not a fact but generally...); It's illegal and addicting. If you're willing to do somthing illegal, why not try other harder drugs that are legal? :p

#199 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:16 AM

You really need to qualify your statements better. When you use words like "never," all it takes is one disproof to make you wrong.

Bob Marley

Now you are 100% wrong.

Yup (Not a fact but generally...); It's illegal and addicting. If you're willing to do somthing illegal, why not try other harder drugs that are legal? :p

-Illegal - Yes
-Addicting - Ha. Almost every survey that wasn't funded by the anti-drug movement would disagree.
-Gateway drug - People have been quoting this misleading survey for far too long. I mentioned this a page back

#200 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:25 AM

As much as I want to agree with you... The past three presidents of the U.S. have admitted to smoking marijuana...

I made my points on this argument much earlier and don't have the time or the desire to argue scientific data with people who will dispute it with circumstantial and/or anecdotal evidence...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users