• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:37 PM

It's been rainy and grey here for days. It's supposed to keep raining until Thursday. Whenever the weather is like this I always feel really tired and looking outside makes me sad. Luckily I live in southern California so the weather isn't like this often enough for it to be a problem. Does the weather effect you at all?

#2 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

Fall annoys me, it's just windy and too many leaves. Winter is awesome when there is actually snow, but like right now when it's just cold and not snowy at all (not one snow fall yet) it dampens my mood. Spring is alright I guess, it's tennis season so I guess that's a plus, but as a season it's just ok. Summer is of course awesome, but it's too hot.

Those are mainly my thoughts on the seasons, as a whole, the weather doesn't effect my mood as much as it seems to effect other people, although I could just be so used to everyone else feeling crappy that I not notice I feel crappy too.

#3 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:11 PM

Definitely, all winter I tend to hibernate and my social life goes down. Also, on rainy days, I tend to stay in my bed all day :crybaby:

#4 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

Yeah I spent most of today in bed watching documentaries on Netflix
/fail

#5 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:18 PM

The only reason it affects my mood is because I get angry at all the retards that think rain means you can only go 40 on the freeway. Idk, we don't get much weather change in Arizona, and anytime I visit, as long as it doesn't ruin my plans I really could care less what the weather is.

#6 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:21 PM

#7 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

rainy days makeme sleepy

#8 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:53 PM

I love rainy weather! I live near the equator so it's like effing hot year round. Heart the monsoon season.

#9 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

During the winter (or since I live in CA it's just "cold"), I tend to eat my weight in donuts, cookies, and hot cocoa if that counts as a mood swinger.

Blargh @ annual holiday weight gains :[

#10 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:41 PM

I live in a tropical/equator country, so it pretty much means all year 'round we're burning up. When the weather starts going rainy, it's like a temp. escape from burning hell.
I heard Eng. was all rainy and depressive weather. Is that true?
Would so love to check out a place like that. XD

#11 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

I live in a tropical/equator country, so it pretty much means all year 'round we're burning up. When the weather starts going rainy, it's like a temp. escape from burning hell.
I heard Eng. was all rainy and depressive weather. Is that true?
Would so love to check out a place like that. XD

Tropical countries are overrated! It has been raining consistently in the afternoon for the past few days now and I love it!

#12 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:08 PM

Effect =! Affect

Effect means cause. Mood can't really be caused in the first place (except when you're born I guess)
Affect means have an effect on. This is the use you seek, OP.

And yes, the weather can change my mood. Like when it's rainy and the sky's a lightish but dreary gray, as is common down here, I'm really happy :)

Edited by Nunc, 19 December 2010 - 10:08 PM.

#13 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:26 PM

Tropical countries are overrated! It has been raining consistently in the afternoon for the past few days now and I love it!

Inoerite. I've been told I'm so lucky to live in a country full of sun, but I guess that's just perspective. Born and bred on one, sun upsets me. ;\

#14 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:46 PM

When it's pouring rain, I get really happy. I want to run out the door, and start dancing in the rain. I want to be in a huge rainstorm one day, just outside wearing close to nothing. It would be fucking fun.
When it snows, it depends on the mood I have when it starts to snow. If I'm happy, I get even happier. If I'm sad, I get really depressed.

Fall is my favourite season and it's such a relief after summer because I hate summer. I love fall.

#15 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:32 PM

Rain = Death. Well not really just a movie in bed day.
Snow on the other hand can be either, go outside and fool around with friends or just stay in.. But yea weather effects mood quite a bit for me!

#16 carrice

carrice
  • 660 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:25 AM

Too hot weather makes me go bonkers
And very cold days are not fun either
I like moderate tempt they make me feel better

#17 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:36 AM

Apparently most of you guys like the rain :(

I can't possibly understand that. You get wet, the floor gets muddy and everything is harder to get to.
I go to school in Baltimore and it sucks soooooooooo much. Rain rain rain.
Saddest thing is I only live a block from campus and I still hate it so much.

#18 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:50 AM

I can't possibly understand that. You get wet, the floor gets muddy and everything is harder to get to.

I second on the haterain :(.

Rain = beach is a no-no for almost a month, not to mention being forced to run indoors on the dreadmills. Living in San Diego on a rainy streak sucks ass.

#19 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:19 AM

Rain is great when you can stay inside. It makes a nice noise and makes me feel even cosier. Being outside in it is far less pleasant. Snow is wonderful, inside or out, as long as you're not driving or walking anywhere far. I guess I like all kinds of weather.

#20 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:52 AM

I dislike rain with a passion, but maybe if its the rain during the night then its fine.. fun to sleep to!

#21 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:19 AM

I dislike rain with a passion, but maybe if its the rain during the night then its fine.. fun to sleep to!

Exactly!

In BC it's ALWAYS raining. And it's not just rain, it's also dark and cloudy. You literally won't see sun for weeks, if not longer. Everybody says it's better then snow but at least when it snows it's bright and pretty and doesn't cause you to want to punch babies and eat kittens.
The weather doesn't so much affect my mood rather then make me want to go out or not.

#22 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:21 AM

Okay, it sucks to be caught in the rain.

Btw, do anyone agree that it smell good after a heavy downpour?

#23 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:29 AM

Okay, it sucks to be caught in the rain.

Btw, do anyone agree that it smell good after a heavy downpour?

Are you refering to the.. smell of grass like moisture? And the weirdish smell, I guess it smells .. clean?

#24 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:23 AM

I second on the haterain :(.

Rain = beach is a no-no for almost a month, not to mention being forced to run indoors on the dreadmills. Living in San Diego on a rainy streak sucks ass.

Srsly especially since these cities aren't made for extended periods of rain so after a couple days everything is flooded. I have to leave the house in 45 mins and I reaaaally don't want to.

#25 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:36 AM

Are you refering to the.. smell of grass like moisture? And the weirdish smell, I guess it smells .. clean?

I know what you're talking about! It's not clean - it's the smell of death.
dun dun dun.
(Jaykay I'm just being retarded)

Do you guys ever smell thunder? Or it smells a bit differently when there's about to be thunder with the rain.
Now thunder I like (only when I'm indoors NOT in the rain), it just looks pretty cool in the distance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users