• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

Kind of off the topic, but I think they should make the Colorado fuck defuse his own booby traps, if he blows up, well he's out of this world.

#2 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

Kind of off the topic, but I think they should make the Colorado fuck defuse his own booby traps, if he blows up, well he's out of this world.

He'd probably be able to do it without blowing himself to bits, since he set it all up without setting off anything in the process. You'd think he'd have had the decency to commit suicide after committing that massacre. Apparently he was a bright student, what a waste of a brain. I wonder what he has to say for himself.

#3 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

He'd probably be able to do it without blowing himself to bits, since he set it all up without setting off anything in the process. You'd think he'd have had the decency to commit suicide after committing that massacre. Apparently he was a bright student, what a waste of a brain. I wonder what he has to say for himself.

According to a yahoo article he isn't even talking. Then again, I don't trust yahoo articles. He most likely did it for the fame, and boy is he getting it. The strange part is that when his mom heard of the massacre in Colorado she said, "It was probably my son." The fuck?The

-edit- Good, let him defuse it then get taken back to the jail. Then they can search his apartment without being worried about being blown to bits.

Edited by Futurama, 20 July 2012 - 11:07 PM.

#4 Habanero

Habanero
  • 275 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

If he had any decency, he wouldn't of massacred them.

Anyways, this is new to me. Someone link me an article or something please?

According to a yahoo article he isn't even talking. Then again, I don't trust yahoo articles. He most likely did it for the fame, and boy is he getting it. The strange part is that when his mom heard of the massacre in Colorado she said, "It was probably my son." The fuck?

His mom might've noticed signs before the massacre then.

Edited by Habanero, 20 July 2012 - 11:07 PM.

#5 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

His mom might've noticed signs before the massacre then.

His mom lived no where near him, so unless he texted her or called her or something. Also, he'd been planning this out for a while....he's been buying ammunition online for a while...over 6000 rounds of ammo bought online.

#6 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

http://www.latimes.c...0,2147749.story

and

http://news.yahoo.co...-232932177.html

-edit- Good, let him defuse it then get taken back to the jail. Then they can search his apartment without being worried about being blown to bits.

Sadly, I don't see what searching the apartment will accomplish.

All those lives lost :(

#7 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

http://www.latimes.c...0,2147749.story

and

http://news.yahoo.co...-232932177.html

Sadly, I don't see what searching the apartment will accomplish.

All those lives lost :(

Search his computer, figure out how the hell he found out how to set up all the booby traps. (internet, yes I know). What websites? Who was he talking to? Also see if he left notes or stuff around with reasons why he might do this. Get rid of all the guns and crap in there. One more thing I'm trying to figure out though is how no one noticed him setting up the traps and everything? This kid must have gotten box after box in the mail. They couldn't have been small boxes either, raid gear and everything. What I want to know is if he was social with his neighbors, were his blinds ever open or always closed? How did no one smell gunpowder around his apartment....did anyone ever come over to his place?

#8 Habanero

Habanero
  • 275 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

Search his computer, figure out how the hell he found out how to set up all the booby traps. (internet, yes I know). What websites? Who was he talking to? Also see if he left notes or stuff around with reasons why he might do this. Get rid of all the guns and crap in there. One more thing I'm trying to figure out though is how no one noticed him setting up the traps and everything? This kid must have gotten box after box in the mail. They couldn't have been small boxes either, raid gear and everything. What I want to know is if he was social with his neighbors, were his blinds ever open or always closed? How did no one smell gunpowder around his apartment....did anyone ever come over to his place?

Maybe he bought it at the black market?
Anything is possible if you have a connection to the internet.

As for the other stuff, he probably just did everything casual which would draw no suspicion towards him.

#9 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

Maybe he bought it at the black market?
Anything is possible if you have a connection to the internet.

As for the other stuff, he probably just did everything casual which would draw no suspicion towards him.

He bought all his ammo openly on the internet. (it's not illegal to own ammo...obviously) They already traced that. I wonder what he told his neighbors if anyone asked him what was in all the boxes he was getting.

#10 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

You can make stuff like that easily. I could probably make napalm without having any suspicion aroused. Except for the smell of gasoline. It's not hard to make what he made. In fact, you could make a nuclear reactor with the stuff readily available to you right now.

#11 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

It won't bring anyone back though ):

#12 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

You can make stuff like that easily. I could probably make napalm without having any suspicion aroused. Except for the smell of gasoline. It's not hard to make what he made. In fact, you could make a nuclear reactor with the stuff readily available to you right now.

I know it's easy to make that stuff...heck when I was a freshman in high school this kid I sat next to in German class brought 4 pipe bombs to school...of course his dumbass told someone and they told the dean...needless to say, cops, bomb squad and everything showed up. We were allowed to bring our backpacks to class at that school...he had 2 on him in his backpack and 2 in his locker. This kid would also go to the bathroom and literally down pills in the bathroom every class period. I forgot what he was taking though...maybe Excederin...said it felt good when it felt like his heart would stop for 2-3 minutes.

#13 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

I know it's easy to make that stuff...heck when I was a freshman in high school this kid I sat next to in German class brought 4 pipe bombs to school...of course his dumbass told someone and they told the dean...needless to say, cops, bomb squad and everything showed up. We were allowed to bring our backpacks to class at that school...he had 2 on him in his backpack and 2 in his locker. This kid would also go to the bathroom and literally down pills in the bathroom every class period. I forgot what he was taking though...maybe Excederin...said it felt good when it felt like his heart would stop for 2-3 minutes.

Then he obviously wouldn't have gotten box after box. This was thoroughl planned out. He even knew where they would try to escape and from where. Even if he did get box after box, he could always just say they were books.

#14 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

Then he obviously wouldn't have gotten box after box. This was thoroughl planned out. He even knew where they would try to escape and from where. Even if he did get box after box, he could always just say they were books.

I honestly think someone helped him in this...I just get a hunch, I know they're saying he bought a ticket and was in the movie theater then left through the exit door because of a "phone call". How do they know he was in there? They never said anything about video cameras in the theater, unless they're hiding it from us. If they're going to come up with that, then just say you saw video of him buying a ticket, they're leaving us with more questions than answers. Now back to what I was saying, his truck or whatever he was driving was parked out the back door. So if he was in the theater and left he would have to go get his truck and park it back there, because there's no way he was parked back there the whole time...someone would have seen it. I believe they said he came back into the theatre like 1-2 minutes after the "cell phone" guy walked out....that's not enough time to suit up in BODY ARMOR, get your guns, and car back to the door in 1-2 minutes. My hunch is (I hope it is completely wrong) that he called the "cell phone" guy when he was back there and said, "alright...open the door for me and get the hell out of here." Like I said, I hope I'm completely wrong and I hope he worked alone.

#15 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

I honestly think someone helped him in this...I just get a hunch, I know they're saying he bought a ticket and was in the movie theater then left through the exit door because of a "phone call". How do they know he was in there? They never said anything about video cameras in the theater, unless they're hiding it from us. If they're going to come up with that, then just say you saw video of him buying a ticket, they're leaving us with more questions than answers. Now back to what I was saying, his truck or whatever he was driving was parked out the back door. So if he was in the theater and left he would have to go get his truck and park it back there, because there's no way he was parked back there the whole time...someone would have seen it. I believe they said he came back into the theatre like 1-2 minutes after the "cell phone" guy walked out....that's not enough time to suit up in BODY ARMOR, get your guns, and car back to the door in 1-2 minutes. My hunch is (I hope it is completely wrong) that he called the "cell phone" guy when he was back there and said, "alright...open the door for me and get the hell out of here." Like I said, I hope I'm completely wrong and I hope he worked alone.

... I have no idea where on earth you are, but wherever it is, that's pretty messed up if you can't just walk out a door because you want to. I can go buy a movie ticket, walk in, realize it sucks in five minutes, leave and nobody will give a damn or question me about anything.

#16 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

... I have no idea where on earth you are, but wherever it is, that's pretty messed up if you can't just walk out a door because you want to. I can go buy a movie ticket, walk in, realize it sucks in five minutes, leave and nobody will give a damn or question me about anything.

He came through an emergency exit door, they only open from the inside.

#17 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

He came through an emergency exit door, they only open from the inside.

He could have knocked and someone opened it unknowingly.

#18 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

He could have knocked and someone opened it unknowingly.

Did you read any articles or watch the news at all? Not trying to be a dick, just asking. Anyways, I'm going to bed, I'll continue on this tomorrow if I remember.

#19 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

Did you read any articles or watch the news at all? Not trying to be a dick, just asking. Anyways, I'm going to bed, I'll continue on this tomorrow if I remember.

Yeah, I did. And not one said anything about how he got in besides speculation about how. Even more reason to take everything with a grain of salt. Or in this case, a boulder of salt.

#20 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:27 AM

Just ban guns. No guns = almost nil random shootings.

But then the US is a really huge place; there'd probably be a black market if guns got banned.

#21 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

Okay, I looked around even more and from the police scanner:

3:06 am MDT: Witness interview from earlier being replayed. Witness in Theater 9 was young woman. She described a man about 6' tall kicked through the door in a riot helmet and bulletproof vest. He was completely covered in all black, with goggles. After that, she and her boyfriend dropped to the floor. They got up, ran through the emergency exit. Shooter made his way up the stairs and started shooting people with the shotgun.

Just ban guns. No guns = almost nil random shootings.

But then the US is a really huge place; there'd probably be a black market if guns got banned.

The reasoning behind supporting gun ownership is basically what you said. They'll get them somehow, and if shit goes sour, what is the average Joe going to do if he doesn't have a gun and the other guy does?

Edited by idontknow951, 21 July 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#22 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:49 AM

The reasoning behind supporting gun ownership is basically what you said. They'll get them somehow, and if shit goes sour, what is the average Joe going to do if he doesn't have a gun and the other guy does?

Gun ownership laws are already very lax in the area that it happened (all of his guns and ammo were completely legally owned) and it still didn't help anybody to stop him so that argument is pretty much moot.

#23 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:51 AM

You underestimate Americans' ability to mind their own business. Every time something like this happens people always ask why strangers who must have obviously noticed something didn't do anything about it. They never do.

#24 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:00 AM

You underestimate Americans' ability to mind their own business. Every time something like this happens people always ask why strangers who must have obviously noticed something didn't do anything about it. They never do.

Apparently he was getting the stuff over a 2 month period so it wouldn't be that strange to get a few deliveries in that time anyway.

#25 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:49 AM

Very sad. The enthusiasm people had of seeing this movie has been utterly destroyed. Everyone will always associate this film with the massacre. All those poor people wanted to do was see Anne Hathaway in a sexy costume, and some emotionally imbalanced young man with fantasies of infamy does the unthinkable. What a horrible experience for the victims and everyone involved. It is a terrible shame such a thing occurred.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users