Quantcast

Photo

If you could legalize 1 illegal thing what would it be?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

So I don't know if you guys saw last night, but I was on Jay Leno.

Lol jk. I have a question for you though based on this. If you were president and you could make 1 thing legal what would it be? What's 1 thing that you would make illegal?

I would make gay marriage legal and I would make clip in hair extensions illegal.

#2 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

I would legalize drug production/consumption (with restrictions such as specified locations and age limits) and provide drug education and rehabilitation. I don't use drug myself (don't have money to burn), but after taking Modern Latin American Economy, you realize that there are worse things in perspective than a hundred million moderate drug-users.

I would make pet clothing illegal. It just looks demeaning.

#3 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

I would make pet clothing illegal. It just looks demeaning.

Only some. I believe in the colder countries/winter, the clothes are there for a pet's warmth, especially dogs. A puppy cut can only trap that much warmth before your dog is freezing its ass off

I'd make shipping internationally a must. Less of legalising it but making it a binding legal agreement on the seller's side. I'm sick of not being able to buy something cute cause they don't ship here.

I'd definitely make telemarketing illegal.

Edited by Irrana, 16 January 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#4 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Dunno. Tough choice between gay marriage, prostitution, and arbitrary drug laws.

On the other side, I'd make having more than one kid per person illegal planet wide. Fuck your non-compliant families. Get with the program or get on a colony ship and head to Alpha Centauri.

Spoiler

#5 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

I would make importing things from Canada secretly legal and make executive orders illegal.

#6 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

I would make importing things from Canada secretly legal and make executive orders illegal.

Someone has been watching too much conservative media.

Can you name a single executive order that has ever been put into effect?

#7 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Gay marriage, or in my opinion, marriage, should already be legal!

jk I don't honestly care that much.

Probably marijuana. I'm just sick of people bitching about it. In Canada the drug laws here are pretty meh already

#8 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

I'd make gay marriage legal.

Hmm, what to make illegal. Probably assault rifles, tbh. Fuck the second amendment, we don't need fricking assault rifles to protect ourselves from other people or an oppressive government.

#9 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

I'd make murder legal. Then I'd find a good hiding place and just stay there for a while.

#10 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

I'd make murder legal. Then I'd find a good hiding place and just stay there for a while.

Bedlam. That would be bedlam. Unlike math, which is BEDMAS.

I didn't see the one illegal thing. I'd probably strip certain groups from undeserved rights. Or make it harder for people to get welfare. I don't know politics so I probably sound super stupid.

#11 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Someone has been watching too much conservative media.

Can you name a single executive order that has ever been put into effect?

Where do you want me to start?
Roosevelt declared sections of the US 'military sections' with an executive order.

Edited by Napiform, 17 January 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#12 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Interspecies marriage should be legal. We've already sent animals to space, marriage is clearly the next step.

Make bronies and anything having to do with MLP illegal because no one wants that crap.

#13 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'd make gay marriage, abortion, polygamy, all legal.

And not considering actual circumstances and consequences here, but I'd make any kind of speciesism illegal. Eating meat, drinking milk, riding horses, etc.

Edited by rachelsaurus, 17 January 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#14 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

And not considering actual circumstances and consequences here, but I'd make any kind of speciesism illegal. Eating meat, drinking milk, riding horses, etc.

petting dogs?

#15 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

I think I can understand where your heart is, but there are just way too many ways that this would be more of a hindrance to society than it would be of benefit.

If I get a tapeworm and the government tells me I can't get treatment, I'd have to think long and hard to keep myself from contaminating some major food sources.

#16 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

I think I can understand where your heart is, but there are just way too many ways that this would be more of a hindrance to society than it would be of benefit.

If I get a tapeworm and the government tells me I can't get treatment, I'd have to think long and hard to keep myself from contaminating some major food sources.

That's why I said not considering actual consequences, because I'm not sure what'd be the right thing to do on cases like that :p And I also know that if people stopped consuming meat, dairy and other derivatives overnight there would be a huge impact on the environment... So, yeah. But in a utopian world that'd be nice.

And Boggart, I don't consider petting animals speciesism as long as you don't treat the animal as an inferior being.

#17 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

I'd make gay marriage legal.

Hmm, what to make illegal. Probably assault rifles, tbh. Fuck the second amendment, we don't need fricking assault rifles to protect ourselves from other people or an oppressive government.

YES. VERY YES. *e-highfive*

#18 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

I've raised my cat to believe that he is the superior being.

#19 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

So every meat eating animal should be prosecuted?

#20 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Gay marriage, or in my opinion, marriage, should already be legal!

jk I don't honestly care that much.

Probably marijuana. I'm just sick of people bitching about it. In Canada the drug laws here are pretty meh already

Gay marriage is already legal in your country...?

#21 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Yeah lol.. I'm sure he meant elsewhere. If not.. Bog lrn2gay okay?

#22 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Yeah lol.. I'm sure he meant elsewhere. If not.. Bog lrn2gay okay?

yesss I was pretending to be an ignorant homo. I realize homo marriage is legal here. :p

#23 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

So every meat eating animal should be prosecuted?

Wow you really wanted to make an objection, I think it's obvious what I meant...

#24 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Wow you really wanted to make an objection, I think it's obvious what I meant...

Nope, not at all.

#25 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Nope, not at all.

Yeah ok then, but I'm sorry, I won't explain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users