contests suggestions ideas

159 replies to this topic

#26 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

@Bone

I'm not opposed to allowing other people to run the Customization Contest. No one aside from @Keil has ever shown interest in hosting one.

I set it up with the intention of it running like the SoTW.

I'll be setting up another one soon though.

I faced the same problem when I started, I would have gladly let anyone else run the contest but no one showed any interest.

#27 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

@Scot will be away for basic training for a few months, so someone else would have to organize/host it, but I think lots of people would love to do it again.

Yea I heard, it would be cool if someone else took over. I think it should be made semi-annual (depending on peoples schedules).

Nymh could/should do it. She co-hosted the first one, after all :p

Please do it.

I SAID FINE ALREADY GOD

#28 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

Yea I heard, it would be cool if someone else took over. I think it should be made semi-annual (depending on peoples schedules).

I could, but I would need a month or so to build up np.

#29 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

@Nymh! DO IT! plz

#30 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

Nymh is also great at it.

#31 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

I could, but I would need a month or so to build up np.

I got some nps from Scot that I can donate, I'm using most for biggest loser, but I said I would hold some for future contests in his name since he'd be gone for a while.

#32 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:25 AM

Yes, please...that would eliminate her as my competition :shifty:

Besides, Scot always chooses the worst items.

#33 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

I SAID FINE ALREADY GOD

I had Nymh in mind when I said 'someone else' but she is so good at participating I wasn't sure she'd want to give up the chance to actually compete in it? :p
She would be the perfect person to host it though.

#34 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

Considering it is a really fun game that is used on forums such as Galaxy Legion Forum I am inclined to feel she's not the only one.

I thought you'd left us for greener pastures...

#35 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

Considering it is a really fun game that is used on forums such as Galaxy Legion Forum I am inclined to feel she's not the only one.

I'm sure Kate was referring only to your version, and not the game as a whole.

#36 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Photo contest of who can post a picture in the coolest place or something?

#37 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

Who exactly is on the contest team so I can dump the rest of these NiPs?

#38 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

Who exactly is on the contest team so I can dump the rest of these NiPs?

@Emily
@Nymh
@Bulbasaur

And myself.. @Kate 

:p

#39 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

You're probably the only person on the face of the internet that feels this way lol

That's pretty sad. Yung obviously put in loads of effort in writing all the stuff plus finding music and it was pretty easy... kinda like a post by post rpg except battle based and you don't really write a post at all.

@Bone

I'm not opposed to allowing other people to run the Customization Contest. No one aside from @Keil has ever shown interest in hosting one.

I set it up with the intention of it running like the SoTW.

I'll be setting up another one soon though.

I offered once, and it still stands if you want someone to help you with it. ^^

#40 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

That's pretty sad. Yung obviously put in loads of effort in writing all the stuff plus finding music and it was pretty easy... kinda like a post by post rpg except battle based and you don't really write a post at all.

I'm sure Kate was referring only to your version, and not the game as a whole.

Perhaps more people enjoyed it than what I heard around at the time, but I seem to recall there was a huge delay between posts and it was generally poorly executed. That's only my opinion anyway, though. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Basically I loved the concept, I even participated. I just found it didn't turn out like expected. :p

Not to mention it was never completed:
http://www.neocodex.... +rumble +arena

#41 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

It'd be cool if there were contests to make themes for this site ^^ I've been meaning to bring it up ever since that blue bohegeha one was made, since more options are always good huh~ :3

But I have no idea how complicated actually getting the themes up and running properly is so if its too much trouble then nevermind ^^

#42 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

It'd be cool if there were contests to make themes for this site ^^ I've been meaning to bring it up ever since that blue bohegeha one was made, since more options are always good huh~ :3

But I have no idea how complicated actually getting the themes up and running properly is so if its too much trouble then nevermind ^^

I would love that too, but I also have no idea how much work goes into producing a theme.
I just want more options!

#43 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

WTF my character died?!
Oh well whatever.

#44 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

Ok, ok, I'll run a photography contest. Sheesh.Stop trying to force me! I give IN ALREADY!

If you run it, you can't compete :( 

@Nymh! DO IT! plz

Nymh is also great at it.

Aww, thanks guys :3 I would love to run another one! We did one on the forum and several in TC together and it was tons of fun. I was happy to get to participate in the last one but I love running contests so it's no issue :)

#45 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

If you run it, you can't compete :(

If it's a public vote, I don't see why not... :p It's not like I can cheat at taking pictures. Unless... I use a picture that I didn't take xD

#46 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

Perhaps more people enjoyed it than what I heard around at the time, but I seem to recall there was a huge delay between posts and it was generally poorly executed. That's only my opinion anyway, though. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Basically I loved the concept, I even participated. I just found it didn't turn out like expected. :p

It was never completed because you guys haven't voted enough for me to finish that round. >.>

#47 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

Well, uhm, on all other forums Ive ever been, Photoshopping contests have been quite popular; I only spotted one user thread with a 'make me a new avatar' contest. Do ppl here generally like Photoshopping? Cause Im down for such a contest.

Also, hows RPGing in here? Because Werewolves (you know, the card game) has been pretty exciting to play as contests on forums, though it does require some RPGing to be interesting online.

Not sure how ppl would feel about this but Im just putting in my two cents :p

EDIT: whelp, pardon me, I hadnt recognized SOTW as signature of the week... I guess that's kinda what I meant with Photoshopping contests. Sorry! Werewolves suggestion still stands tho

Edited by cassiopeiic, 17 May 2014 - 01:50 PM.

#48 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

Photo contest of who can post a picture in the coolest place or something?

That's a pretty cool idea. Man this dude is awesome.

#49 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

Well, uhm, on all other forums Ive ever been, Photoshopping contests have been quite popular; I only spotted one user thread with a 'make me a new avatar' contest. Do ppl here generally like Photoshopping? Cause Im down for such a contest.

Also, hows RPGing in here? Because Werewolves (you know, the card game) has been pretty exciting to play as contests on forums, though it does require some RPGing to be interesting online.

Not sure how ppl would feel about this but Im just putting in my two cents :p

EDIT: whelp, pardon me, I hadnt recognized SOTW as signature of the week... I guess that's kinda what I meant with Photoshopping contests. Sorry! Werewolves suggestion still stands tho

Thanks for your suggestion! We haven't had much of a RPG following here before but it's worth keeping in mind if people want to give it a go.

That's a pretty cool idea. Man this dude is awesome.

We have no cool places here :(

#50 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

Great Barrier Reef. Opera house. Big fucking beaches. Big fucking bridges. Nature. Scary ass animals. Crocodiles. Kangaroos.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contests, suggestions, ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users