If Neo goes down, Neocodex goes down with it

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Syntax7

Syntax7
  • 193 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:55 PM

Just a reminder for those of you who may be behind the abuse of glitches with Bilge Dice or Kads or Dice a Roo

abusing glitches now means that portion of the site is shut down

the more that is shut down the less people want to play

the less people want to play the less people pay for membership on THIS site

the less memberships, the less money

less money and you know what happens

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:58 PM

Yeah, because if people stop abusing these glitches, the whole site will fix itself! Come on, guys!

#3 Syntax7

Syntax7
  • 193 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:00 AM

Them having to take things down means more things on their to-do list of fixes, meaning it certainly would hinder the improvement of the site

#4 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:01 AM

At the rate things are going, I highly doubt it would make a difference :(

#5 Syntax7

Syntax7
  • 193 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:01 AM

meh, maybe.

#6 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:02 AM

a0je4o.gif

Spoiler

Edited by LlamaKnight, 08 March 2015 - 12:04 AM.

#7 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:02 AM

Uhm, no.

#8 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:03 AM

Just a reminder for those of you who may be behind the abuse of glitches with Bilge Dice or Kads or Dice a Roo

abusing glitches now means that portion of the site is shut down

the more that is shut down the less people want to play

the less people want to play the less people pay for membership on THIS site

the less memberships, the less money

less money and you know what happens

I'm really, REALLY sick of hearing bullshit like this...pardon my being so blunt, but yeah. Major facepalm to you: Neocodex is a lot more than JUST Neopets...and this melodramatic post is laughable.

@Swarley, love the sarcasm. ;) :wub:  

#9 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:05 AM

Neocodex is a lot more than JUST Neopets...

We also have nachos.

#10 Syntax7

Syntax7
  • 193 posts

Users Awards

The fact stands the neocodexs function depends on neopets' function to a large extent.

I do realize this site IS MORE THAN JUST NEOPETS as Kord has pointed out, but there are many people who don't post who only give this place money to use programs on neo. With neo crashed and dead they would simply discontinue helping this place out.

#11 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

We also have nachos.

Fuck yes, and I'd love some right now. :D

#12 Syntax7

Syntax7
  • 193 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:08 AM

I think it would be interesting to see the statistics for advanced membership over the course of the past year and what the trend is.

#13 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:14 AM

Y'know. Now I kinda wanna watch Neo implode. devil.gif

But in all fairness I'd happily donate $6-10/month (or more when able) to keep this site running.
Especially if it made it more exclusive.
Then again I'm Advanced+ and still do offers from time to time in hopes it helps the site at least some via ad revenue.
Probably help more if I qualified for those surveys though...

We also have nachos.

:drool:

#14 Syntax7

Syntax7
  • 193 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:16 AM

But in all fairness I'd happily donate $6-10/month (or more when able) to keep this site running.
Then again I'm Advanced+ and still do offers from time to time in hopes it helps the site at least some via ad revenue.

lol. well if here are plenty of dedicated members willing to keep donating then i guess it'd be fine. The neo-portion of it would surely fade away though. But yeah with people like you the whole site wouldn't go down

#15 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:16 AM

They DO need to find other avenues to make money, but have had ample time to work on it (really there are many other games that members here have been active in for quite some time), and I will put my faith into thinking that they have been doing so behind the scenes.

Having said as much, however, I am no longer going to be giving away Neocodex store vouchers in my contest and will likely go instead with Amazon gift cards of the same amount, as more and more often, it does seem that people simply aren't interested in the store credit...so why not give them something that they will use (and having prizes that attract folks to contests is better for the site anyway?).

#16 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:24 AM

lol. well if here are plenty of dedicated members willing to keep donating then i guess it'd be fine. The neo-portion of it would surely fade away though. But yeah with people like you the whole site wouldn't go down

:) This place is a second home to me. Worth any and every penny spent.

Some of these people I consider true friends, and would be there for them in a heartbeat irl or otherwise.
Other I may not see eye to eye with but still respect.

Certainly a good investment as far as I'm concerned.

Guess I can't really speak for every active member here, but I'd like to think there's enough who feel similar.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Perhaps if/when Neo dies Codex could make their own pet site? :D

Having said as much, however, I am no longer going to be giving away Neocodex store vouchers in my contest and will likely go instead with Amazon gift cards of the same amount, as more and more often, it does seem that people simply aren't interested in the store credit...so why not give them something that they will use (and having prizes that attract folks to contests is better for the site anyway?).

No idea why people don't want the gift cards. Personally I could always use free Steam Cards. confused-smiley-013.gif 

Shame there's no PSN/Nintendo eShop cards in our shop though.

Good luck with future contests & prizes.

Certainly hope it helps.

Always appreciative of the effort people like you put into keeping this site great. Thank you, @Kord & @everyone. 

#17 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:35 AM

I'm really, REALLY sick of hearing bullshit like this...pardon my being so blunt, but yeah. Major facepalm to you: Neocodex is a lot more than JUST Neopets...and this melodramatic post is laughable.

Yes. Being rude to other members WILL lead to Neocodex going down however.

For the record, Syntax7 isn't completely wrong.

The majority of the money that runs this forum comes from Adv subscriptions and Neocash cards. It's not that big of a leap to assume that once the money stops flowing, the forum will slow down.

(Lastly, your post is more melodramatic then the one you quoted.)

#18 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:38 AM

The majority of the money that runs this forum comes from Adv subscriptions and Neocash cards. It's not that big of a leap to assume that once the money stops flowing, the forum will slow down.

Just stating my opinion, and I don't back down from my opinion, either. :p Also, should be "than" and not "then" in terms of the one I quoted...sorry, grammar issues bug me. ;)

#19 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:43 AM

Just stating my opinion, and I don't back down from my opinion, either. :p Also, should be "than" and not "then" in terms of the one I quoted...sorry, grammar issues bug me. ;)

Deflection does count as backing down. Don't be condescending to people that have yet to establish themselves on the forum.

#20 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:43 AM

Deflection does count as backing down. Don't be condescending to people that have yet to establish themselves on the forum.

I'm not deflecting, and I'm not being condescending. I'm expressing my honest opinion, which I do think that honest opinions are valued here. I'm deeply sorry if I have offended you.

#21 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:51 AM

Less leechers = less higher bandwidth requirements = less costs of operating?

Then with a more manageable userbase: Less need for those members to spend a dime and need to whore out bonus perks therefore free programs for all.

Of course this is also assuming there's something to replace Neo with that gives our wonderful, talented, dedicated, hardworking, trusted programmers something they want/enjoy creating for.

While the stats for how much money Neo makes is interesting. I'd like to know the stats at how much money is wasted on this site because of members that never speak, multiple accounts that go unnoticed, and those who just take the freebie programs without even a thanks or +Rep.

Spoiler

Don't be condescending to people that have yet to establish themselves on the forum.

Personally I find this to be an establishing post.
Anyone who thinks death of Neo is the death of Codex is more than likely primarily here for the programs anyways.

NOT that it's uncalled for, unexpected, etc. At least this one says thanks, and that's a MAJOR plus.

Just... not the best person to criticize the site is all when only focused on one area... for the past few years and majority of their posts.

Edited by LlamaKnight, 08 March 2015 - 01:00 AM.

#22 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:09 AM

Putting a registration fee in place will only deter new members from joining. Some of our BEST current members are people that only came here in the last few months because of the neopets programs Neocodex offers.

Look at what's happened to all the other great cheating websites. Draik is a shadow of what it once was. Zombians (a site that some once considered to be a rival of ours) is dead. The only thing that kept Codex above them was the fact that our programmers wrote arguably the BEST publicly available autobuying program ever.

What brought you to our site @LlamaKnight? @Kord?

Don't get me wrong, Neocodex has a very special place in my heart. I'm not naive enough to say that we'll undoubtedly survive the demise of Neopets however. The Introduction subforum provides more then/than enough proof that new people come here for our Neopets programs. (Not our FR/MC/Hearthstone/Pokemon communities.)

#23 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:12 AM

Putting a registration fee in place will only deter new members from joining. Some of our BEST current members are people that only came here in the last few months because of the neopets programs Neocodex offers.

Look at what's happened to all the other great cheating websites. Draik is a shadow of what it once was. Zombians (a site that some once considered to be a rival of ours) is dead. The only thing that kept Codex above them was the fact that our programmers wrote arguably the BEST publicly available autobuying program ever.

What brought you to our site @LlamaKnight? @Kord?

Don't get me wrong, Neocodex has a very special place in my heart. I'm not naive enough to say that we'll undoubtedly survive the demise of Neopets however. The Introduction subforum provides more then/than enough proof that new people come here for our Neopets programs. (Not our FR/MC/Hearthstone/Pokemon communities.)

The programs didn't bring me here. 

#24 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:12 AM

The programs didn't bring me here. 

Consider yourself an anomaly.

#25 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:15 AM

Consider yourself an anomaly.

Personally I thought soul__stealer was the coolest and would've follow him to the ends of Neopia the Earth.

But fair enough. Guess time will tell, but you can bet your ass if it's going down it's going down with me fighting with it.
Was among the last with IA and I'll certainly be the last here.

Edited by LlamaKnight, 08 March 2015 - 02:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users