147 replies to this topic

#76 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:16 PM

THIS

I'd rather have someone cruising at 15 MPH in a 25 zone stoned than have a person rolling about 75MPH in the same area drunk because they feel invincible :3

Wow. That's stupid. Speed increase isn't culuminative to danger. Driving under the limit or slower is just as dangerous.

The fact is back off of stoners nuts give them some free room. Quit fucking worrying about Weed. I dont drink and drive I get high and fly, and you fucking with my flight and now I gotta ask why?

We get it. You like to abuse weed. Wooo go you.

#77 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:51 PM

Wow. That's stupid. Speed increase isn't culuminative to danger. Driving under the limit or slower is just as dangerous.

So wrong. Driving fast in a 25 mph zone (IE ~residential zone) is FAR more dangerous than driving slowly, as should be obvious seeing as how many variables there are in such zones (like children, dogs, the like).

It's ridiculous of you to claim speed increase isn't relative to danger in such zones, and driving slowly in areas where there is little traffic is CERTAINLY not as or more dangerous than driving fast. The only danger that comes from driving slowly is risk of being rear-ended, which as you ought to know, is the driver behind you's responsibility, not yours.

Nice anecdotal truth: Increased following distance is a prime side effect of the over-compensation found in pot smoking drivers.

EDIT: also, cumulative. speed increase isn't cumulative to danger also means that it doesn't grow depending on how much danger there is... which is true, but not what you were trying to say.

Speed increase = Less distance to react = Requires quicker reaction time = More danger.

Doesn't go the same for the danger of being rear ended, because that danger obviously decreases when you're going faster than everyone else, but I'd be inclined to say that in a residential zone, it would be better to drive slow and be rear ended by a non-attentive driver, than to be speeding and not able to stop your vehicle before hitting a pedestrian or pet.

Edited by mrPomroy, 16 March 2010 - 12:55 PM.

#78 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:32 PM

In certain situations, I would agree. In the specific situation I described, though, the under-limit driver would be safer.

If we were to crank the limit up to highway speed (55-75 MPH) and the same two drivers were doing the same two speeds, I would agree with you, though.

EDIT: Also, if it makes a difference, I am no longer a smoker. My arguments are based purely on past and present experiences, not on my current state-of-mind.

Long-ass quote

Fucker beat me to the punch. But I am agreeing with your argument.

Edited by jcrboy, 16 March 2010 - 01:33 PM.

#79 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

In certain situations, I would agree. In the specific situation I described, though, the under-limit driver would be safer.

If we were to crank the limit up to highway speed (55-75 MPH) and the same two drivers were doing the same two speeds, I would agree with you, though.

EDIT: Also, if it makes a difference, I am no longer a smoker. My arguments are based purely on past and present experiences, not on my current state-of-mind.

Ok, yeah you're right. In that situation it is safer, but why take the risk. Anyone who drives under the influence of any substance should face the repercussions.

#80 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

Ok, yeah you're right. In that situation it is safer, but why take the risk. Anyone who drives under the influence of any substance should face the repercussions.

I agree that no substance is worth risking the privilege of driving, and more importantly lives over.

I've made that mistake before, but you can rest assured that the legal repercussions have been enough of a motivator in the matter if the moral implications were not enough.

#81 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

Posted Image

#82 KitsuKun

KitsuKun
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

Wow that is quite possibly the fucking dumest thing I have ever heard..... So if I flew through a neighborhood at 200 miles per hour that would be just as dangerious at 15 mph? You know cause cars dont have brakes, na doesnt need them. Brakes are overrated.

#83 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:08 AM

Wow that is quite possibly the fucking dumest thing I have ever heard..... So if I flew through a neighborhood at 200 miles per hour that would be just as dangerious at 15 mph? You know cause cars dont have brakes, na doesnt need them. Brakes are overrated.

Real men only need three gears, fast, faster, and fastest.

And the first two should be special circumstance only.

:rolleyes:

#84 KitsuKun

KitsuKun
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:10 AM

I am done before I say way more that I need to

#85 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

By saying that are you saying you were about to flip out at me? Cause if so I'm surprised at your inability to pick up on the obvious sarcasm/joke in that post.

Edited by mrPomroy, 18 March 2010 - 11:15 AM.

#86 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:19 AM

What? butthurt or something?

You should learn what a joke is.

#87 KitsuKun

KitsuKun
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

By saying that are you saying you were about to flip out at me? Cause if so I'm surprised at your inability to pick up on the obvious sarcasm/joke in that post.

Cant pick up sarcasim in text no. Unless Posted Image this was used. I take everything quite literally

#88 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:23 AM

Cant pick up sarcasim in text no. Unless Posted Image this was used. I take everything quite literally

Wow. Very by-the-book of you.

The :rolleyes: could have been taken as a hint, but I guess from now on I'll clearly label my sarcasm.

EDIT: I thought the stupidity of what I said would've done it >_<

Edited by mrPomroy, 18 March 2010 - 11:24 AM.

#89 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:23 AM

You won't like the Internet then, the door is open, you can leave whenever you want.

Also, it was really obvious to see it was a joke, what sane man would use that as a serious rebuttal?

#90 KitsuKun

KitsuKun
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

Wow. Very by-the-book of you.

The Posted Image could have been taken as a hint, but I guess from now on I'll clearly label my sarcasm.

No need to adjust the way you reply, it was just how I was raised. I was always told to take everything seriously. And with that I always have. It has destroyed friendships and relationships alike of mine... But that is my life I guess

Why change now?

Edited by KitsuKun, 18 March 2010 - 11:26 AM.

#91 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:29 AM

No need to adjust the way you reply, it was just how I was raised. I was always told to take everything seriously. And with that I always have. It has destroyed friendships and relationships alike of mine... But that is my life I guess

Why change now?

Have you ever thought of changing yourself? Don't get all 'I won't change for others' because it's not as if I'm saying FOR them, it'd just help them. You'd be doing it because it would make things easier for both you AND them. A lovely thing to do if you ask me.

And I know change isn't something you decide, but you could try 'adjusting'. Noone wants to use windows 95 when Windows 7 is better adjusted and funner to play with.

EDIT: Also, funny thing, I posted/typed this before seeing your edit.

Edited by mrPomroy, 18 March 2010 - 11:30 AM.

#92 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

I was always told to take everything seriously. And with that I always have.

Yeah....That will be your downfall when you're on the Internet, there will always be someone trying to yank your chain, and if they know that you take everything seriously, they'll just keep messing with you all the time.

#93 KitsuKun

KitsuKun
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:35 AM

Yeah....That will be your downfall when you're on the Internet, there will always be someone trying to yank your chain, and if they know that you take everything seriously, they'll just keep messing with you all the time.

True...... I am sorry :(

#94 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

Not really, seeing as if you hit someone at 180mph or 200mph they're wouldn't be much difference.

And no, you don't need brakes actually, you can just change down gears. Not economic, but don't start talking shit about driving when you obviously don't know alot :p

#95 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:26 PM

Not really, seeing as if you hit someone at 180mph or 200mph they're wouldn't be much difference.

And no, you don't need brakes actually, you can just change down gears. Not economic, but don't start talking shit about driving when you obviously don't know alot :p

I had to do that for a little while because my brakes were shot but still had to deliver pizzas until I had enough tips to pay for new brakes........ this is why I would never want to drive anything but a manual.

#96 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

Changing down gears requires a standard. And that's certainly NOT as reliable as brakes when it comes to emergency stopping. Besides, your car will still idle forward if you haven't any brakes to stop it. Given a surprise obstacle, like a child running out from behind a car, I'd not put money on someone being able to stop by gearing down.

True...... I am sorry :(

Don't apologize to us, it's you who'll get the worst of it.

#97 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

/thread

I just realized why I never read Chit-Chat. 4 pages of complete and utter shit on something I genuinely like. Reading these last two pages has been painful. All the stoopid was hurting my brain. Frege: there is the True and there is the False. All language is either the True or the False.

#98 KitsuKun

KitsuKun
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:46 PM

And no, you don't need brakes actually, you can just change down gears. Not economic, but don't start talking shit about driving when you obviously don't know alot Posted Image

I used to race when I was in the Army both drift and time attack ^ ^, I know that down shifting, totally not as effective as braking lol. Learned that the hard way.

#99 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:13 AM

It still proves my point though :p

#100 mrPomroy

mrPomroy
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

It still proves my point though :p

How? If it's not as effective as braking, it's not a replacement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users