#1 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:57 AM

POPULAR POST!

Super/System 2 - Part II: AutoBuying Guide*

*Disclaimer: This guide does not apply to the following shops: Magic, Battle Magic, Defense Magic, Tyrannian petpets, Magical marvels, Royal Potionery, Merifoods. You’re on your own.

To start, have 60k – 500k or so on hand, depending on the shop. Determine where you want the items to go after buying. Either put it in your safety deposit box or shop but don't leave it in your inventory. ABrosia will automatically stop if your inventory is full. Next step, if you want to auto price it is set what criteria you want to price. I use Lowest because I want my prices to be lowest out of multiple searches.

Once in a while, when the system determines you've refreshed too much, you'll get a Restock Ban which is where all stores will tell you they've sold out when they really haven't. These last between 12-48h, find something to do during that time. By default, the AB will switch to igloo autobuying but these have a limit of 10 items per day. Iglooing isn’t bad but you will need to set your profit margin to less than 5000. You’ll get a lot of neat items to supplement your income.

Settings: Your settings should reflect how much risk you want to take. Too slow will make you miss restocks, too fast will get you banned quicker.

Refresh Rates
5-30: Patient Grasshopper
5-12: normal sane aber

4 – 8: Scot <------- this is ideal (tweakable)
3-8: Noit

Buy Times(Prehaggle + OCR total):

1.5+ - Living life in the slow lane
.6 – 1.5: normal <----------- ideal
.5 – 1.1: still safe
.4 - .9: risky

Split this more or less evenly to achieve the total.

Example:

d5HxhpX.jpg

Advanced Restock Tactics:
Timing: Different shops are better at different times of the day. You should find a shop you like and experiment during different times in order to maximize profit. Since I like to keep to 5 hours a day, I make sure that those 5 hours are spent buying as much as possible. If you aren’t doing well during a specific timeframe, move it to another. Not every day will follow the same pattern. For example, weekdays are better than weekends because there are less people, or rather people with less free time. Mornings and afternoons are better than evenings because you have all the leet players aka teenagers in school. Half Price day is a special day when you must AB as much as you can whenever you can.

Other factors that may affect success rate: latency. ABing at night does give you the advantage of being closer to np servers, provided that you live in North America. Latency is more important than connection speed.

How to choose shops:
Clearing/Shophunting: This explains half price day and why ABing is much better on that day, but you must use this strategy everyday. When a shop is full, there is not much chance for new items to appear. If you see a shop with 3-4 full rows of items, that shop will hardly stock anything good, or fewer quantities of them. Advanced RSers like to “clear” a shop to make room for more items during the next restock by buying up junk, hoping that the potential profit they make offsets the investment. What does this have to do with you? Before you decide to AB, take a look inside a shop and see how empty it is. During busy time periods, you’ll see < 1 row, meaning a big restock is coming and you should AB there. This doesn’t mean you won’t catch good items with a full shop, but you will have to compete with more people scrambling over the same item. On half price day, most people buy what they can because their profit margin has improved, so a lot of the “clearing” is done for you, unintentionally.

Shops: If you are not advanced yet, you don’t have a lot of control but you do have a little. The key here is to focus on your controllables. As mentioned, there are peak times when it is better than others. Stick to mornings and afternoons. Restart the AB as necessary to start in the shop you want.

If you are advanced, you may ask the following question: “But Scot! How will I know which shops to AB at?” The answer is simple, do you like getting big ticket items every now and then or do you like a small but steady stream of income. There are shops to fit all personalities!

Included is a chart to represent the type of profit you can make per shop. G/Y/R shows how easy it is to sell items from that shop. Shops that restock quickly vertically converge towards the top left corner. Shops that are high profit converge towards the left corner. Ideally, you want to stay as close to the top left corner as possible, but I prefer to stay close to the middle.

This is NOT an exhaustive list, just the shops I am familiar with. What I didn’t include is how dangerous each shop is to AB in, this should be obvious: Magic, Battle Magic, Defense Magic, Tyrannian petpets, Magical marvels, Royal Potionery, Merifoods are all dangerous. Approach with caution, unless your account is less than 3 months. If it is, don’t bother with those shops. Accounts < 16 days stick to the pharmacy.

Follow this simple chart.

VIyPJrk.png

Strategy: I prefer to stick to things I can sell in my shop. People either want your item for that price or they don’t, easy as that. The items in the middle of the chart are medium profit items that restock quickly enough you can make np purely by quantity over quality.

Low Rarity expensive items: Another strategy is to hunt for special items that are worth more than their rarity dictates: Gourmet cooking for your pet( r50), Bag of peanuts (r79), Snorkle Snout (r80), Zafara Double Agent Plushie (r90), Kacheek Pyjama Cap (r93). The reason being is they are worth as much as UBs but stock more often and in larger quantities.

Unbuyables: UBs are a double-edged sword because they are more time consuming to sell but yield massive profits. In the following data portion of this report, you will see that auction/trading post profits comprise a large chunk of my profits. Your preference will dictate what shops you go to. Advanced members can go to the restock list and sort items by profit > descending to get an idea of what range the items fall into and decide whether or not you want to mess with UB heavy shops. The more time you are available to spend onsite to check neomails for offers, the more profit you can make. If you decide to go down this path, the UBs will start to pile up over time and you may find yourself liquidating them in your shop at prices that would make resellers look like non-assholes. To make cash-money, refer to the Ultimate Guide on How To Sell UBs. In all seriousness, to sell your items you need to not take the IDb too seriously, as prices can fluctuate wildly to the tune of a few hundred k up or down. Sell HTS for what you can get it for. Throw 200-250k items in your shop for 99,999 and go do something worthwhile with your time.

And that’s how Scot ‘C’s it.

#2 nugget111

nugget111
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:59 AM

Thanks alot man

#3 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:20 AM

there's two 2 in the chart. one in yellow one in red.

#4 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:56 AM

Thanks so much for this scot, I know lots of people have been asking for it and hopefully they will stop sending pms. Also hope this stops the noobs asking for refresh times. +rep

#5 Mai

Mai
  • 96 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:15 AM

Thank you for this guide. The refresh time are clearing up a lot about what is possible and normal.

#6 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:52 AM

Great job on working on this guide and everything. :) Helps me a lot!

#7 Microscope

Microscope
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:44 AM

Great! Thanks :) +rep

#8 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:00 AM

I guess that the waiting was really worth it. This is like a very detailed guide on how to AB, maximizing your profit and lowering the risk... althoug, many things are only restricted to Advanced *sigh*
Oh, well, but many thanks ^^ + rep

#9 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

Awesome work on the data collecting and the time setting :thumbsup:
+rep

#10 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

So you still recommend ABing ~5 hours a day in ONE shop for at least two weeks? I have mine alternating between 4 shops, but if 1 is the way to go I will try it out.

Also, can you offer any suggestions/explanations for the haggle algorithm? I have mine on smart as I heard it was the best, but I also have it set to 3 percent, so I would love to know a little bit more about how it works. Does smart simply make it look more like a human like 1313, and then the percent being the amount you wish to offer versus what is requested, as in 3 percent may be hurting me and I should lower it a bit? Thanks +rep!

#11 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:05 PM

Scot, thank you for your very simple yet effective guide! Now whenever a newbie asks for AB times, I'll just point them to this guide and they'll actually understand with one read.

#12 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

So you still recommend ABing ~5 hours a day in ONE shop for at least two weeks? I have mine alternating between 4 shops, but if 1 is the way to go I will try it out.

Also, can you offer any suggestions/explanations for the haggle algorithm? I have mine on smart as I heard it was the best, but I also have it set to 3 percent, so I would love to know a little bit more about how it works. Does smart simply make it look more like a human like 1313, and then the percent being the amount you wish to offer versus what is requested, as in 3 percent may be hurting me and I should lower it a bit? Thanks +rep!

1 is the way to go. As for time a day, you should gauge how long it takes to get restock banned and ab 1 hour less than that. I just happened to get banned a lot after 6 hours.

Smart haggle is so much better that the option should be locked by default *kicks SL64*. Percentage wise it'll deduct as close to you percentage as possible. For example 1% smart haggle on a 5k item means it will try to bid 99% of the item which is 4950 but the algorithm automatically changes it to 4949 to make it look more legit. A 3% haggle makes the base haggle 4850 and abrosia automatically changes it to 4848. In general it makes the deduction first then it formats the price to either XYXY or XYX, or XXXX.

5% is the absolute lowest you want to set it. The farther away from the asking price, the lower chance you can guy the item. It's possible to buy an item by offering as low as 80% for me personally but it took a lot of tries to make that possible. There's absolutely no purpose in being a cheapskate and trying to save 10 np here and there and risk missing the item there when your profits are in the hundreds of thousands.

The more you know

Edited by Scot, 01 July 2011 - 04:53 PM.

#13 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:50 PM

So, if im not an advanced member, does abrosia choose what shop i restock at?
and When is half price day?

#14 policepro

policepro
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:55 PM

"If you are not advanced yet, you don’t have a lot of control but you do have a little. The key here is to focus on your controllables. As mentioned, there are peak times when it is better than others. Stick to mornings and afternoons. Restart the AB as necessary to start in the shop you want." So it does choose but you can restart it to get a decent shop.

Half price day is the 3rd of every month

#15 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:01 PM

You could always choose which shop you want to RS at yourself, you need to create your own list though. Go settings->main shop settings then select the "Load from a manual shop list" option.

Edited by koobe, 01 July 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#16 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:07 PM

o ok thanks. the manual thing is a bit confusing though

#17 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:13 PM

No graphs and charts??? BLASPHEMY

#18 bruh

bruh
  • 611 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:55 AM

I was always affraid to change the times now won't have that problem anymore. +rep

#19 annddd

annddd
  • 417 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:21 AM

You could always choose which shop you want to RS at yourself, you need to create your own list though. Go settings->main shop settings then select the "Load from a manual shop list" option.

well i ran the Ab for many hours with lists
and always got nothing
but i always entered the "normal shops"
how come? maybe it depends on luck......

#20 Stunnerrunner

Stunnerrunner
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

I have to say, I am really inspired by this part of the S/S2 guide. Honestly, I like this one better, and the time and research you put into the guide shows. I like the statistics here, and I learned a few things that I cannot wait to go try out. Thanks for being you. +1 rep

#21 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:06 PM

well i ran the Ab for many hours with lists
and always got nothing
but i always entered the "normal shops"
how come? maybe it depends on luck......

Did you make sure to enter the correct shop id and that that shop actually stocks the items in your list? It could just be your a normal member / internet speed that makes you miss out. I just use the random shop function atm and only get a couple of items overnight with a profit of 5000np.

#22 annddd

annddd
  • 417 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:41 AM

Did you make sure to enter the correct shop id and that that shop actually stocks the items in your list? It could just be your a normal member / internet speed that makes you miss out. I just use the random shop function atm and only get a couple of items overnight with a profit of 5000np.

so have you ever gotten good things with lists?

#23 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:06 AM

so have you ever gotten good things with lists?

I've used list with the spooky food shop, got alot of items around the 90k-130k range. Also got a couple that were around 300-400k

#24 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

Thank you for this guide
+rep

#25 annddd

annddd
  • 417 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

I've used list with the spooky food shop, got alot of items around the 90k-130k range. Also got a couple that were around 300-400k

wow~~~That surprises me!!! may i ask you more question? i want to know how long do u AB every day??? when it's midnight in Neopet, does it often restock in shops???
thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: super/system

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users