Quantcast

Photo

The plans for Advanced Membership

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
177 replies to this topic

Poll: The plans for Advanced Membership (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Which plan do you want?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#51 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:33 AM

All of those solutions sound terrible. You should work on some form of algorithm that determines whether or not somebody deserves the rank. Lack of bias, gives something people to work for, weeds out the people that don't deserve it.

#52 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:42 AM

how about 20>=am*1/2+pm

How about (insert number here) <= (Advanced Member vote/2) + (Private Member vote)

This completely gives the option of leaving Private members out of it or able to influence it. This lets peoples who would most likely know the person to vote upon it, instead of just random fiesta invitations. It also let's Private members help or put a stop to someone getting to said total. Adding in a time frame to keep the score, would let more people act upon it, and let people to change their decision.

Edited it, also like to voice that I do not use the programs anymore and am strictly here for the community and irc.

edit: whoa forum rapage there.

Edited by Unseen, 08 July 2011 - 08:42 AM.

#53 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:48 AM

I chose 1 but 2 and 4 are okay too

#54 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:00 AM

Plan 1: Nothing inherently wrong but could be expanded to cover more area, making plan 4 more desirable.
Plan 2: This plan is acceptable.
Plan 3: I don't like flat numbers. By this logic, 100 votes for No and 10 votes for yes still makes that member advanced.
Plan 4: This is the best plan.
PLan 5: This does not address what we are here to vote on. If you want to deal with only private, make a separate poll.
PLan 6: See plan 5 commentary.
Plan 7: More posts, more spam. Only now we have to endure spammers twice as long and don't tell me we will just reset spammers because that clearly did not deter *certain* people.
Plan 8: See plan 7 commentary.

Plan 9 proposed by Scot:

How about a lower post requirement like 300, but your postcount decays by 1 post a day? :devil:

3) I also don't like the "paying member". That almost sounds embarrassing. A separate title is fine, just not that one... like "premium member" or something maybe.

Let's call it NeoCodex Gold

#55 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:01 AM

Neocodex+™

#56 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:02 AM

Ahahaha that's actually a viable name :p Although you might need to change your siggy then :p

#57 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:39 AM

The name Paying Member was just a placeholder name.

#58 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:45 AM

I guess it's just more going through more voting for me to go through. But I think plan 4 is the best, thanks for giving us options argue.

Edited by Neoquest, 08 July 2011 - 09:50 AM.

#59 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

Don't we already know who is paying and who isn't: anyone under 500 posts with advanced...?

#60 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

I voted for Plan 4. It's simply the fairest option: spam is prevented, while at the same time loyal members are rewarded for their contributions and the most valuable members are rewarded with more privileges, just to prove that quality>quantity. It also supports the concept that these ranks would be a privilege and not a right, which is just fair in my point of view.

Edited by IceSandwich, 08 July 2011 - 10:01 AM.

#61 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:06 AM

I really hope that we do not end up implementing a voting system.
Though it would seem like it is the most popular option. Posted Image

This is frustrating... does anyone else not see the problem we will have with it turning into a popularity contest like I do?
Though I guess if we do implement the voting system no one is forcing me to actually be a part of it.

Edited by Joanna, 08 July 2011 - 10:12 AM.

#62 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

This is frustrating... does anyone else not see the problem we will have with it turning into a popularity contest like I do?
Though I guess if we do implement the voting system no one is forcing me to actually be a part of it.

I dont see how its a popularity contest. If you spammed or trolled to 500, then you don't get advanced. If you actually tried posting stuff then you get it.

#63 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

I don't see why it would turn into a popularity contest if the voting is properly enforced. Adding some guidelines and some points that the voters should take into account while voting might just reduce the frequency of biased votes.

#64 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

1,2, and 4 seems to be the best. All others just makes private a useless ranks to be implemented since there is already retired. 1 seems to create some sort of popularity contest and may tend to get biased. 4 may be the best plan but requires much staff power. I picked 2 since it seems to be a middle ground between current system and changes.

#65 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

We are not talking about some huge section for only the cool people to hang out. Its basically a vote if they spammed or did not spam. Its not about being liked, or being known, or anything. Its not a section for advanced privileges, or anything special. Its just a small vote at 500, and that's it.

Obviously it runs a huge risk of being a popularity contest. THIS IS WHY THE ADMINISTRATION HAS FINAL WORD ON EVERYTHING.

#66 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

I don't see any problem with it being a popularity contest, tbh
That's kind of the point, isn't it?... If someone is an asshat then they won't be promoted, and that sounds pretty good to me..

I think the older members here should be given more credit than just voting people in according to popularity..
But at the same time, that encourages people to talk more and try to actually make friends here, instead of just posting to 500 and then poofs

I also voted for 4

#67 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

I don't see why it would turn into a popularity contest if the voting is properly enforced. Adding some guidelines and some points that the voters should take into account while voting might just reduce the frequency of biased votes.

I dont see how its a popularity contest. If you spammed or trolled to 500, then you don't get advanced. If you actually tried posting stuff then you get it.

What about people like donaldmax, for instance, who.... at the beginning of their venture acted like a troll, but after basically being ganged up on by everyone to stfu has attempted to be a real member but still gets bashed on, and people still dont like him. (Sorry to say, but this is myself included) What happens to people like him when it comes time to vote?? We can all say we wont be biased... but as far as I know we are all human... and flawed.

But honestly whatever, I voted for the best plan that I thought would work and thats all I can do about it really.

Edited by Joanna, 08 July 2011 - 10:23 AM.

#68 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

For me I'm between plans 2 and 4. I'd approve of the paying option to jump straight to whatever rank but I'm not too fond of the voting since bias and ignorance is inevitable. Not to mention it'll create tension if the person does/doesn't get in or what not.

Plan 4 is good (but implausible). Honestly it would be easier for admins if advanced was made paying (as it is right now) and then have private as well, private and advanced could get both benefits except private would get their own section and not have to pay at all. The catch would be raising the price to 8 dollars a month for advanced (This clause could be taken out, but it would increase incentive for people to become a private member)

I like this idea but I feel that those people who just joined should get access to some sort of programs....or maybe just the mystery pic/lenny conundrum answers. (That was the reason why I joined. I didn't even know the programs existed until a few weeks later when I started being active)

#69 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:25 AM

To remove the voting bias from being "I don't like you RAOR I vote NO artichoke!", perhaps it would be better to PM a group of mods/admins in charge of that voting set, with a predefined Subject heading (like Voting Yes to Boggart!) so it's easier to sort, with an explanation as to why you're voting the way you are. You should only mail once concerning the voting for that person, rather than spamming the poor mod's inbox. This would enable people to write their views privately, and all the mods would get the explanation. At least this may somewhat remove the need for them to try and figure out why Person X got lots of votes in the negative, or positive.

I'm somewhat against the entire ranking system. As it stands now, it's barely noticeable to me, but I'm not interested in seeing groups of members gaining a superiority complex. I like how things are now, the only thing I can think of is for mods to be given the right to use their discretion to crack down on spammers, without being penalized after.

#70 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

What about people like donaldmax, for instance, who.... at the beginning of their venture acted like a troll, but after basically being ganged up on by everyone to stfu has attempted to be a real member but still gets bashed on, and people still dont like him. (Sorry to say, but this is myself included) What happens to people like him when it comes time to vote?? We can all say we wont be biased... but as far as I know we are all human... and flawed.

But honestly whatever, I voted for the best plan that I thought would work and thats all I can do about it really.

Well then wait for people to forget that stuff and then apply.
Its not like there wont be new people coming in

#71 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:28 AM

For me I'm between plans 2 and 4. I'd approve of the paying option to jump straight to whatever rank but I'm not too fond of the voting since bias and ignorance is inevitable. Not to mention it'll create tension if the person does/doesn't get in or what not.

I can see that one now,

Thread titie: HEY GUYS! THANKS FOR NOT VOTING ME INTO ADVANCED MEMBER! WTF DID I DO TO YOU! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHHHHHHHH!
Thread content: rant rant rant rant rant

Replies: Uhh, its cuz you're stupid and we hate you.
Replies: Because you're an idiot.

Edited by Joanna, 08 July 2011 - 10:28 AM.

#72 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

I can see that one now,

Thread titie: HEY GUYS! THANKS FOR NOT VOTING ME INTO ADVANCED MEMBER! WTF DID I DO TO YOU! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHHHHHHHH!

The result will be the person gets added into the ban section

#73 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:34 AM

I can see that one now,

Yeah seems fine with me.
And after that, the TS will probably never ever get in.

Honestly I dont think the members here are that mean.
If I really didn't like you but saw that you actually did make useful posts I would still click Yes
Only people that really don't deserve Advanced would probably be frostz and maha IMO

Edited by Rapist, 08 July 2011 - 10:35 AM.

#74 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:34 AM

The result will be the person gets added into the ban section

Thread gets deleted, user gets warned.
Usser makes new thread, gets deleted, gets warned.
Keeps bitching in status about it, user gets warned..
Then gets banned.

So before the user gets banned he causes a fuck-ton of drama. That is just how I have seen it happen.

Edited by Joanna, 08 July 2011 - 10:35 AM.

#75 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

:sorry: I am the only one who thinks we should get more credit than that? We will gladly posts reasons why the member did not get voted in in a civil manner, and anyone that does otherwise should be promptly reported. But like I said before asshat = no get voted in. But that does not mean that a person (such as donaldmax) could not be redeemed. I think it would be a nice idea if someone could post an "application" for themselves, or just reasons they believe they should be voted in, etc, whatever they feel they need to do to get voted in.

But I think that 90% of voters would be fair and just in deciding, I have more faith in our community to think otherwise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users