Quantcast

Photo

The plans for Advanced Membership

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
177 replies to this topic

Poll: The plans for Advanced Membership (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Which plan do you want?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:14 AM

Plan 1
Keep the ranks the way that they are. Leaving the paying option in place, but requiring that the community make a vote on everyone when they reach 500 posts (The voting topics would be created automatically, last a week, and if you are denied, you must manually ask to be voted for again when you feel you will be accepted). The administration would read the post and promote, with the option of overriding if they feel the voting was unfair.

Plan 2
Add in the Private Rank. Making the level of Advancement being from Member > Advanced > Private. Advanced would be gained using the same 500 post option, and all programs would be unlocked how they normally are, but Abrosia would be limited to only having one copy being run at a time, and no more then that. The private rank would be given the ability to run more then one copy of Abrosia at once, as well has having the NP Gen unlocked to allow full amount of NP Made, instead of being unlocked at Advanced Rank. Private would gain its own forum title and color, for bragging rights. Private voting would take place every other month, and all current private members would vote on who gets accepted and denied. People who pay, get the rank of "Paying Member" and gain access to all programs.

Plan 3
The same as option number 1, but make it so you have to be nominated by someone to become advanced. Once you are nominated a voting topic is made, if you gain 10 votes for yes, then you gain advanced.

Plan 4
Combine Plan 1 and 2, making Advanced voting and then bringing back private.

Plan 5
Keep Advanced at 500 posts, and unlocks everything. Create Private as in Plan 2, but it only has a special title, and forum to post in.

Plan 6
Same as Plan 1 and 5. Advanced gets voted on, and Private exists without anything but a special title

Plan 7
Leave Advanced at 500 posts, change it to Full Member, and make it unlock all programs except Abrosia. Create a new rank known as Advanced Member, and make it unlock abrosia, gained at 1,000 posts.

Plan 8
Combination of 7 and 2. Advanced changes like plan 7, Private gets created.

If you want another plan added, that is not here. Please let me know.

Please note that just because a plan gains the most amounts of votes, does not mean it will be implemented. This is to see what the community would like to see happen, but as with everything, all decisions remain amount the administration. What they choose to do will be the final decision.

If you want to make "Identical plan, but with small change" Please note what plan, and what small change you would like to be made to it. That way it can be considered.

#2 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:43 AM

I kind of like both 1 and 2, so I went with 4...any of those three sound grand

EDIT: 1000 posts FTW

Edited by talbs, 08 July 2011 - 05:43 AM.

#3 soulshin3

soulshin3
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:45 AM

The only problem with advanced (from what I can tell) is that people who spam their way to 500 get it regardless of how well thought out their posts are. Plan 1 solves this problem. 500 posts isn't that hard. With 10 posts a day that's only 50 days (less than two months). Even with only 5 posts a day you're looking at 100 days which is just over 3 months.

The only real problem with plan 1 is how often people can apply for advanced. Should only be able to apply bi-monthly or something along those lines.

The idea of being an advanced member is that it's not a right, it's a privilege to people who have been a helpful part of the community. Monitoring who gets to be an advanced member stops people who spammed and people who are asshats. It also prevents people who 'actively lurk'. Sorry to people who do this, but lurking doesn't really help the community. :/

Edited by soulshin3, 08 July 2011 - 05:51 AM.

#4 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:07 AM

plan 7 is bad. 500 = spam. 1000 = more spam.

#5 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:14 AM

The whole purpose of this discussion in the first place is to acknowledge members who contribute. How the hell does that happen without a new rank? We'll award cool people with "Private", and keep them separated from the people who pay by having "Paying Member". I don't like people spamming to 500, but the automation of the 500 post count is nice since you boys are so busy.

Plan 1 is ridiculous. First of all, it's too much work. Not to mention that you've seen that people cheat or accuse others of cheating in the 'meaningless' contests we have going on, do you honestly expect the entire community to be able to vote on another member's status? The administration will promote or not, depending on if they think it was fair? No offense, but you guys can't agree on anything. I attribute this to your different views, varying ego sizes, and moral upbringings. All Noit has to do is say, "Let's forgive him!" and then it's chaos.

#6 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:32 AM

The whole purpose of this discussion in the first place is to acknowledge members who contribute. How the hell does that happen without a new rank? We'll award cool people with "Private", and keep them separated from the people who pay by having "Paying Member". I don't like people spamming to 500, but the automation of the 500 post count is nice since you boys are so busy.

Plan 1 is ridiculous. First of all, it's too much work. Not to mention that you've seen that people cheat or accuse others of cheating in the 'meaningless' contests we have going on, do you honestly expect the entire community to be able to vote on another member's status? The administration will promote or not, depending on if they think it was fair? No offense, but you guys can't agree on anything. I attribute this to your different views, varying ego sizes, and moral upbringings. All Noit has to do is say, "Let's forgive him!" and then it's chaos.

I'm positive that the purpose of this discussion is what to do with Advanced. I am simply trying to incorporate bring back private at the same time, to kill two birds with one stone.

Plan 1 completely handles the desire to remove the 500 post spam limit, and at the same time, allows the community to decide who is active and who spammed their way through. Since this is a majority vote system, and not a specific people vote system. The Administrations decision allows us to simply override things in the event that people gang up unfairly on someone. And the Administration does actually agree on plenty of things, but we simply have a lot of issues of getting things to actually happen, despite being agreed upon. That is also being worked on.

And with any of these plans, the Administration will -always- have the last word on anything that changes at all. Even if none of them can agree, and all they do is fight. They are still in charge. Period.

#7 Stunnerrunner

Stunnerrunner
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

I vote for Plan 6, although I also like Plan 5. I really don't like the idea of limiting the NP generator to Private Rank, as it will take a lot of work just to earn Advanced Rank. I do like the idea of having other people vote you into the Advanced Rank. I have a question, though. In the future, will you be able to outline what goes into consideration when voting someone into Advanced, or is it a simple, Yes/No vote?

Edited by Stunnerrunner, 08 July 2011 - 06:51 AM.

#8 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:51 AM

I vote for Plan 6. I really don't like the idea of limiting the NP generator to Private Rank, as it will take a lot of work just to earn Advanced Rank. I do like the idea of having other people vote you into the Advanced Rank. I have a question, though. In the future, will you be able to outline what goes into consideration when voting someone into Advanced, or is it a simple, Yes/No vote? Other than that, Plan 6 all the way for me! :thumbsup:

It should be simply, "Did they spam their way, or did they contribute" if we see people voting "Do I like this person or not" we will have to setup guidelines and such to make it better.

And click Delete my Vote and cast your vote for 6.

#9 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:52 AM

Plan 4 is good (but implausible). Honestly it would be easier for admins if advanced was made paying (as it is right now) and then have private as well, private and advanced could get both benefits except private would get their own section and not have to pay at all. The catch would be raising the price to 8 dollars a month for advanced (This clause could be taken out, but it would increase incentive for people to become a private member)

Edited by Toxic-Snipe, 08 July 2011 - 07:07 AM.

#10 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:53 AM

Post count is spammable, votes are biased, the only working method would be hand picking, but that requires a lot of effort...

#11 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:56 AM

Post count is spammable, votes are biased, the only working method would be hand picking, but that requires a lot of effort...

Votes are always biased, no matter what. It's human nature. We don't have an epic formula figuring it out for us.

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:00 AM

We don't have an epic formula figuring it out for us.

Perhaps that's what we need?

#13 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:01 AM

We have to call Mark Zuckerberg to figure that out for us :p (he made that facesmash thing)

Unless someone is up to the task.

#14 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

It's difficult to choose between 4 and 5.
I don't believe we have the staff power to make 4 work adequately.

#15 Jeb

Jeb
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

I like both four and five for the same reason as stunnerrunner.

I mean I like the whole vote thing, but it seems there is too much leeway for a swayed vote. If for example, some voters don't know a user as well as other, a personal dislike/like for a user, etc, etc.

Reading the options over again I also kind of like 6.

Edited by Jeb, 08 July 2011 - 07:06 AM.

#16 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:09 AM

Posted Image

#17 holaCarlos

holaCarlos
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:16 AM

So many options.
:S

#18 soulshin3

soulshin3
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:16 AM

I like both four and five for the same reason as stunnerrunner.

I mean I like the whole vote thing, but it seems there is too much leeway for a swayed vote. If for example, some voters don't know a user as well as other, a personal dislike/like for a user, etc, etc.

Reading the options over again I also kind of like 6.

That's what administration override is there for. Perhaps put penalties for people who vote depending on if they like a person or not. If a person has posted 500 well thought out posts that make sense and aren't just spam, they deserve advanced. When voting takes place make sure that every user who votes posts the reason they voted yes/no for the person, and if you aren't mature enough to vote for someone because they're a good addition to the community, despite not liking them, then maybe you should have YOUR advanced taken away?

Perhaps the board should introduce moderators? I've been here for like a week and I've seen quite a few people with 10k+ posts and the only thing they actually have for it is the post count and a shiny "Retired Member" title. They have the forum, but that's not that special. Give the mods the power to delete threads, posts, polls, etc. that they don't feel should be there. Set minimum requirements for a moderator position and basically let these people be the police of the forums.

I personally also feel there should be punishments for name-calling. There's no reason to call out someone on a public forum. If you have a beef with someone then take it to their inbox.

Edited by soulshin3, 08 July 2011 - 07:22 AM.

#19 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:20 AM

I personally also feel there should be punishments for name-calling. There's no reason to call out someone on a public forum. If you have a beef with someone then take it to their inbox.

But I want everyone to know that you're a stinky poopoohead.

#20 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:22 AM

Perhaps the board should introduce moderators? I've been here for like a week and I've seen quite a few people with 10k+ posts and the only thing they actually have for it is the post count and a shiny "Retired Member" title. They have the forum, but that's not that special. Give the mods the power to delete threads, posts, polls, etc. that they don't feel should be there. Set minimum requirements for a moderator position and basically let these people be the police of the forums.

Been there, done that, and apparently they're unnecessary.
You're definitely preaching to the choir.

#21 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

http://www.neocodex....tats&do=leaders

#22 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:24 AM

That's what administration override is there for. Perhaps put penalties for people who vote depending on if they like a person or not. If a person has posted 500 well thought out posts that make sense and aren't just spam, they deserve advanced. When voting takes place make sure that every user who votes posts the reason they voted yes/no for the person.

We will never be giving a group of people free rain as moderators. That's a horrible idea and should not be implemented. Just because someone has 10k posts and is retired, does not mean that they will provide us with anything good. Moderators should always be chose specifically by the administration because they view the person as worthy of that rank, and not given that rank because they have been here for x amount of time or have x amount of post.

Our current moderators have no issue at all handling the level of reports that we get, so there isn't even a huge need to promote more.

#23 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:24 AM

Been there, done that, and apparently they're unnecessary.
You're definitely preaching to the choir.

At one point, wasn't a trial moderator position introduced that allowed people to be tested on how well they could actually do their job?

#24 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:26 AM

Okay well I voted for 4 although just a few opinion:

1) If we're only caring about contributing members and quality posts, why 500? Can't it be 500 posts automatically or nominated by staff/members? Why not both?
2) Voting for private should take place more than once a month O.o That's 12 members a year. I'm pretty sure we have more than 12 active members who deserve full access to programs.
3) I also don't like the "paying member". That almost sounds embarrassing. A separate title is fine, just not that one... like "premium member" or something maybe.

#25 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:29 AM

Okay well I voted for 4 although just a few opinion:

1) If we're only caring about contributing members and quality posts, why 500? Can't it be 500 posts automatically or nominated by staff/members? Why not both?
2) Voting for private should take place more than once a month O.o That's 12 members a year. I'm pretty sure we have more than 12 active members who deserve full access to programs.
3) I also don't like the "paying member". That almost sounds embarrassing. A separate title is fine, just not that one... like "premium member" or something maybe.

Numerous private members get in on each round, not just one.
It's just once a month that the voting process goes down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users