Quantcast

Photo

The plans for Advanced Membership

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
177 replies to this topic

Poll: The plans for Advanced Membership (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Which plan do you want?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#126 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:42 AM

Yeah...

*knows better than to start a spirituality/religious thing*

See, Tet is right, for as long as this forum exists things that happened in the past on it will always be remembered ^_^

#127 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:09 AM

*sigh* Do you really want to make yet another topic about yourself again? Really?

And as far as talking about your past, you need to lighten the hell up and learn to laugh at yourself. What you did in the past was hilarious and yes, I like remembering it and laughing. It doesn't mean I give a shit now nor does it mean I'm going to judge you for what you did in the past. I don't. I judge you for the way you act now. What happened in the past, still happened. As long as this forum exists, it will be remembered and made fun of so I suggest you get used to it as it seems you haven't yet.

I still plan on treating you civilly, but please stop making an ass of yourself. Respond as you will, but I've made my peace. Good day.

Ease up. Iargue has 14 shots of 190 everclear and 16 shots of rum. That's 80 standard drinks, while he only weighs 130 pounds. He's entitled to make a few ridiculous posts.

:rolleyes:

#128 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:13 AM

See, Tet is right, for as long as this forum exists things that happened in the past on it will always be remembered ^_^

You say that like it's a bad thing.

#129 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:16 AM

Ease up. Iargue has 14 shots of 190 everclear and 16 shots of rum. That's 80 standard drinks, while he only weighs 130 pounds. He's entitled to make a few ridiculous posts.

:rolleyes:

I thought it was 138 pounds.
Half of that weight is his giant head alone.

#130 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:17 AM

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Nah, I can see how it seemed that way though :p I agree perfectly with what Tet was saying, and honestly I also think it's funny to look back and laugh at some of the things I said/did :)

#131 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

Don't you understand that this vote isn't supposed to be about, "Did he troll" or "was he an asshole". It supposed to be "Did he spam to 500?" And THAT IS IT.

Judging by the majority of what people say around here, anything that a person types that someone else dislikes is considered spam by that individual regardless of whether or not it actually is spam.

examples
-posting too much
-trolling
-being an asshole
-answering a post in a topic that is not completely relevant to the topic itself
-changing of topics in a debate to subtopics that are relevant to but not entirely the same as the original post
-intent of posting
-defending of oneself against people who gang up on them (the defendant usually ends up being accused of spam, whereas all the trolls get off without accusation)

conclusion- the entire thing is a popularity contest, because the mods themselves cannot make an unbiased decision

The board rules state

Small, pointless, annoying messages (SPAM) are not allowed.

• You agree not to post messages that lack substance, or messages that are there for the sole purpose of disrupting the board with mass messages.

Yet no one can agree on what spam actually is, and barely anyone actually bothers to use the forum rules as a guide line when they post, along with ignoring of the following rule utterly

Do not harass or cause harm to other members.
Do not be cruel, hateful or hurtful to other members. The staff of Neocodex does not tolerate the badgering of other members. Harassment includes, but is not limited to, any type of sexual, mental, forceful, and/or physical harassment.

And reading through this entire thread I can totally see a lot of what would fall under the category of hateful, harassment etc. going on. (ex. posts against iargue.)
Because of these reason i find any discussion about whether or not somebody was spamming and the subsequent voting of post quality to be nonsensical at best.

Oh and the "annoying" part of the SPAM acronym doesn't make sense either which goes back to my original point, cause I find a lot of people's posts to be annoying myself, and i don't report them for spam because their messages don't lack substance or is not entirely irrelevant to the original post. Annoyance is something that is completely subjective to the individual in question.

Edited by frostz, 09 July 2011 - 08:32 AM.

#132 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

^Not this again.

#133 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

He was on for quite a few months continuously trolling before he got banned. I know he got banned argue, I was there when the decision was made.

Oh really?

I did say you were improving, but the shit you've said in the past have been fucking out of line. While I'm all for giving people second chances, you still have to own up for the shit you've done.

Who the fuck do you think you are? I am not changing myself for someone like you. I don't need a vote from you. You think so highly of yourself, like your some hotshot. Guess what? I'm not going to change myself. So deal with my fucking attitude and opinions because Donaldmax ain't going to own up to the shit you have done.

Edited by Donaldmax, 09 July 2011 - 10:24 AM.

#134 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

^Not this again.

I dont know... I sort of agree with him. He makes a lot of valid points.

#135 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:29 AM

Who the fuck do you think you are? I am not changing myself for someone like you. I don't need a vote from you. You think so highly of yourself, like your some hotshot. Guess what? I'm not going to change myself. So deal with my fucking attitude and opinions because Donaldmax ain't going to own up to the shit you have done.

What on Earth are you talking about?

The problem I have with you is not that you're a loud-mouthed, rude, inconsiderate plebian.
It's that your comprehension and communication skills are weaker than the majority of my Year Threes (2nd Grade, in American money).

#136 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:58 AM

What on Earth are you talking about?

The problem I have with you is not that you're a loud-mouthed, rude, inconsiderate plebian.
It's that your comprehension and communication skills are weaker than the majority of my Year Threes (2nd Grade, in American money).

That doesn't matter when I have a 4.0 GPA.

#137 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^á´¥^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:58 AM

That doesn't matter when I have a 4.0 GPA.

In clown college

#138 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:08 AM

In clown college

I'm still in High school...

#139 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

I'm still in High school...

Lol that's even worse. It's too easy to get a 4.0 GPA in high school

#140 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:13 AM

Lol that's even worse. It's too easy to get a 4.0 GPA in high school

Are you in an Ivy League university? If not, don't even give me that high school is easy crap.

#141 Shampoo

Shampoo
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

Are you in an Ivy League university? If not, don't even give me that high school is easy crap.

but it is easy. a 4.0 in high school doesn't really say much anymore other than you showed up to class regularly.

#142 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

I dont know... I sort of agree with him. He makes a lot of valid points.

He does no doubt, and he plastered that same argument all over a different board. I don't want to see this one go to Hell in a hand-basket, much like that last thread. I also do not agree that his argument makes a case for himself, since he already acknowledged his mass posting was for the sole purpose of reaching 500 within the space of a few days, and not to contribute anything of value to Codex. As long as he posted something "relevant" (read: basically taking someone else's response and writing in his own words), he was following the rules. His case is not that he's a poor misguided soul whose well-meaning posts were terribly misinterpreted by the community. Simply put, he annoyed a Hell of a lot of people in the process, and now he's scared it'll be held against him. He only fought hard when he realized that stepping on toes would result in his post count being reduced. Now he's wondering if the new system will somehow result in something that he won't like. During the rest of the time, he acted smug and arrogant, due to the fact that he found a loophole through which to crawl, leading him to believe he was untouchable. He's in a study program in France now, so he hasn't had the chance to redeem himself I suppose. We'll just have to wait and see.

#143 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:22 AM

Come back when you have at least 2300, 4.0 unweighted, at least 4.5 weighted, and 10 ECs.
Oh and you might want a social life so you can write essays.

What school do you even go to? Probably an easy one.

Edited by Rapist, 09 July 2011 - 11:23 AM.

#144 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:27 AM

but it is easy. a 4.0 in high school doesn't really say much anymore other than you showed up to class regularly.

My high school is like 90% asian... mandarin, taiwanese, indians. The competition here is outrageous... Getting an A isn't just about showing up. It's about going above and beyond in my school.

#145 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^á´¥^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

He does no doubt, and he plastered that same argument all over a different board. I don't want to see this one go to Hell in a hand-basket, much like that last thread. I also do not agree that his argument makes a case for himself, since he already acknowledged his mass posting was for the sole purpose of reaching 500 within the space of a few days, and not to contribute anything of value to Codex. As long as he posted something "relevant" (read: basically taking someone else's response and writing in his own words), he was following the rules. His case is not that he's a poor misguided soul whose well-meaning posts were terribly misinterpreted by the community. Simply put, he annoyed a Hell of a lot of people in the process, and now he's scared it'll be held against him. He only fought hard when he realized that stepping on toes would result in his post count being reduced. Now he's wondering if the new system will somehow result in something that he won't like. During the rest of the time, he acted smug and arrogant, due to the fact that he found a loophole through which to crawl, leading him to believe he was untouchable. He's in a study program in France now, so he hasn't had the chance to redeem himself I suppose. We'll just have to wait and see.

I could not have said it better myself.

#146 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:34 AM

I had a 4.0 and I missed 47 days, and I'm in AP courses so, you don't even have to show up lmao.

#147 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

My high school is like 90% asian... mandarin, taiwanese, indians. The competition here is outrageous... Getting an A isn't just about showing up. It's about going above and beyond in my school.

Are you mistaking rankings and GPA? GPA is your own grades. What does your school consisting of 90% Asians have to do with your GPA?

#148 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:39 AM

I have never once said I was an important member of this forum. I am simply an extremely level-headed person and normally stay quiet unless in extreme cases.

Also, don't talk about yourself in the third person. It's douchey.

#149 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

Since when do grades and IQ account for anything? My uncle has a phd and quite a high iq and he's unemployed and near homeless, and it's not because he can't find a job, it's because he's ignorant, rude, and lazy. Just sayin, it's not all about smarts ;)

Edited by alias, 09 July 2011 - 11:42 AM.

#150 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:42 AM

When is this poll closing by the way? When should we expect results?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users