Quantcast

Photo

The plans for Advanced Membership

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
177 replies to this topic

Poll: The plans for Advanced Membership (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Which plan do you want?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#151 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

When is this poll closing by the way? When should we expect results?

I'd think we'd need more votes :o there are fewer than a hundred votes thus far.

#152 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

In clown college

Hey, fuck you. It's my personal dream to one day see my younger brother go to clown college. And you talk about it like it's a goddamn joke? SHAME ON YOU. SHAME.

#153 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

I'd think we'd need more votes :o there are fewer than a hundred votes thus far.

I think a little more than a hundred would be good enough. The Altador Cup poll had like 200 votes.

#154 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

He does no doubt, and he plastered that same argument all over a different board. I don't want to see this one go to Hell in a hand-basket, much like that last thread. I also do not agree that his argument makes a case for himself, since he already acknowledged his mass posting was for the sole purpose of reaching 500 within the space of a few days, and not to contribute anything of value to Codex. As long as he posted something "relevant" (read: basically taking someone else's response and writing in his own words), he was following the rules. His case is not that he's a poor misguided soul whose well-meaning posts were terribly misinterpreted by the community. Simply put, he annoyed a Hell of a lot of people in the process, and now he's scared it'll be held against him. He only fought hard when he realized that stepping on toes would result in his post count being reduced. Now he's wondering if the new system will somehow result in something that he won't like. During the rest of the time, he acted smug and arrogant, due to the fact that he found a loophole through which to crawl, leading him to believe he was untouchable. He's in a study program in France now, so he hasn't had the chance to redeem himself I suppose. We'll just have to wait and see.

I see.

#155 InFeeD

InFeeD
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:26 PM

I vote null as anything is fine with me :)

I dont think the number of votes should affect the decisions, Majority win, simple as that.

Or you guy could have just do a Monarchy system. Way easier that way.

#156 Shampoo

Shampoo
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:32 PM

Since when do grades and IQ account for anything? My uncle has a phd and quite a high iq and he's unemployed and near homeless, and it's not because he can't find a job, it's because he's ignorant, rude, and lazy. Just sayin, it's not all about smarts ;)

I'd argue that it's not at all about smarts, or qualifications, or skills, or anything that should, in a just and civilized society, be relevant to success.

#157 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

Why does the votes of inactive people matter?

If they haven't seen it within a week, (lets say) then it's probably irrelevant to them.

#158 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

Why does the votes of inactive people matter?

If they haven't seen it within a week, (lets say) then it's probably irrelevant to them.

Well it's only been a day :p Even extremely active people have lives, such as Georgina.

#159 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

Well it's only been a day :p Even extremely active people have lives, such as Georgina.

I know I wasn't saying it should be closed today, I'm just saying that a closure should be decided upon.

#160 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:43 PM

I know I wasn't saying it should be closed today, I'm just saying that a closure should be decided upon.

I'm basically looking to see what happens with the Administrators talks to see where we go from here.

#161 Pawn

Pawn
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

I think plan 4 is the best. Seems the most fair and logical to me.

#162 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

Make it 250 posts and gg :p

or 25 trader score ....

#163 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

or 25 trader score ....

Trading doesn't benefit the forum at all so that would never be included.

#164 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3527 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

Okay well I voted for 4 although just a few opinion:

1) If we're only caring about contributing members and quality posts, why 500? Can't it be 500 posts automatically or nominated by staff/members? Why not both?
2) Voting for private should take place more than once a month O.o That's 12 members a year. I'm pretty sure we have more than 12 active members who deserve full access to programs.
3) I also don't like the "paying member". That almost sounds embarrassing. A separate title is fine, just not that one... like "premium member" or something maybe.

Private membership isn't a new concept here, it existed (and for the most part it existed successfully) almost since the opening of the website and was removed somewhat recently (while I was inactive - lets admit it I still am inactive). As many as 10-15 members could easily become a private member every month, although I'll admit it was rarely that many. Every month applications were opened with pre-requisites (minimum number of posts/time spent on the website/max warn levels, etc) and the current private members would vote on who they believed deserved the role based on the application and that members participation in the community.

The inherent flaw with the system was that friends voted each other in and if you weren't really appreciated by the majority then you never got in (despite being a valid candidate). Moral of the story is don't make too many enemies I guess. :p

To do with paying members:
Unfortunately its necessary to give users an incentive to pay for specific features on the website or privileges (such as adv. membership) because of the costs in running the website. The site has been up for years and has been funded from the admins (mostly Hydrogen's afaik) pockets, which can be a nasty dent in the wallet and a huge inconvenience to them.

#165 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:06 PM

or 25 trader score ....

Did you even read the topic?
That's not even an option and I don't see how reducing the requirement from 500 to 250 will prevent people like you from spamming their way to advanced and then just leaving, coming back only when they need to sell something -__-

#166 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

Did you even read the topic?
That's not even an option and I don't see how reducing the requirement from 500 to 250 will prevent people like you from spamming their way to advanced and then just leaving, coming back only when they need to sell something -__-

He no know Engrish well.

#167 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

He no know Engrish well.

Me neither. I'm Mexican, but at least I bother to open Google translator when I don't know how to say something or what a certain thing means =/

Edited by IceSandwich, 09 July 2011 - 05:11 PM.

#168 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:27 PM

Then how have I been part of the staff for two entire years? If your judgement was correct, they would have kicked me out ages ago.

Yeah... staff members don't really get fired. It's a volunteer job, see. Normally they quit.

We're all a product of our respective past, nobody just stops being a particular person and completely recreates themselves, it's not possible.

True, but one is also not the same person from minute to minute. We constantly evolve. Biologically and mentally.

When is this poll closing by the way? When should we expect results?

Well, this poll isn't really binding in any sort of way. That's actually one of the main problems I have with it. For example, the admins could decide not to implement any of these 'plans' (which I think iargue made up) and then all this buzz and discussion would have done nothing but stir the rumor mill and bring the drama llamas out. OR they could choose one of the plans, but say they pick an unpopular one. Then everyone that posted in this thread will feel like their opinion is being ignored. It's bad form to delegate policy making to the general public. That's why we have a staff team in the first place.

Besides, from the last few pages, most people don't even grasp what we're discussing and voting on. Makes me want to /headdesk

#169 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:05 AM

Well, this poll isn't really binding in any sort of way. That's actually one of the main problems I have with it. For example, the admins could decide not to implement any of these 'plans' (which I think iargue made up) and then all this buzz and discussion would have done nothing but stir the rumor mill and bring the drama llamas out. OR they could choose one of the plans, but say they pick an unpopular one. Then everyone that posted in this thread will feel like their opinion is being ignored. It's bad form to delegate policy making to the general public. That's why we have a staff team in the first place.

Besides, from the last few pages, most people don't even grasp what we're discussing and voting on. Makes me want to /headdesk

Short attention spans do that sort of thing.

Really though, I'd want to see Private come back, I doubt I'd ever get in, but it would be great to see people who deserve it to be in a more suitable position then being in Advanced, whether it comes with perks or not, it's more of a psychological and pride feeling then anything else.

#170 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:43 AM

We constantly evolve. Biologically and mentally.

Nuh-uh. In the biological sense of the word, populations evolve, not individuals :p
Mentally, as a synonym for change, you're right ^^

Really though, I'd want to see Private come back, I doubt I'd ever get in, but it would be great to see people who deserve it to be in a more suitable position then being in Advanced, whether it comes with perks or not, it's more of a psychological and pride feeling then anything else.

If Private existed, you'd be part of it already. Practically guaranteed.

#171 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:15 AM

If Private existed, you'd be part of it already. Practically guaranteed.

That's actually nice to hear, coming from you.

But I don't know whether to take that as it being easy to get in, or just because you actually "respect" me.

But I don't know, I've had quite a bit to drink, so it's hard to understand much right now.

(No matter my state, I can't escape my redundancy.)

Edited by Elindoril, 10 July 2011 - 03:25 AM.

#172 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:58 AM

Why did private get taken away in the first place?

#173 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:00 AM

Why did private get taken away in the first place?

Admins decided to merge it with Retired while they were changing the ranking system around at one point.

#174 leurz

leurz
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

Okay, well. I'm glad to be back in here, getting my daily, erm, yearly dose of drama.

But I am upset because I just found out Nunc got banned and I do not like the new trolls one bit. Frostyguy doesn't have an avatar at all and the oral pandas are falling in the uncanny valley for me. They are not rude enough and not cute enough.
If there is no more 500 post requirement, will we stop attracting trolls?
Will the wheel of trolls cease to turn?
Will we be stuck with these two forever????
I have some digging to do to find out how this all went down. I do know one thing though, I will cry myself to sleep tonight because dear god I will miss Nunc.

Third, the plans should have descriptive names, and possibly theme colors. Then we can create new avatars in those colors to show our support for each one.
Possibly we can create racecars out of balsa wood and upload videos to decide on a plan.

Posted Image

As far as a constructive opinion from me, I think NC members are capable of following basic instructions. If the top of every voting poll is automatically generated in some voting forum only accessible to advanced and up, it could say something like this:

This is a vote for the member Pooptaco and their advanced membership.
Please vote no only if a significant portion of Pooptaco's posts were spam or violated the Neocodex Forum Rules

This vote was generated on Sunday, Crabtember 41st at 12:01 NST and will close on Monday, Crabtember 48th at 11:59 NST

(The underlined parts would have appropriate links in case anyone gets confused or is too lazy to check the member's profile on their own)

I mean, sure bias blah blah blah, but really now, folks, this is like filling out a captcha or doing that picture describing thing with google.
Any human can reasonably do this.
Besides, this will be a neverending fountain of drama. Without drama, this community would be NOTHING.

Edit: For criminally long run-on sentences.

Edited by leurz, 10 July 2011 - 03:55 PM.

#175 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:01 PM

Plan 4.

I don't know why but private application season is fun to witness. Y'all haters be missing out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users