Quantcast

Photo

Should This Rule Be Changed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Should This Rule Be Changed? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Should unregistered emails be allowed to be traded on Neocodex?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#26 BeastBear

BeastBear
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

Did you not read my first post? It clearly states the accounts had no value other then age. Not even on one account was there more than 15,000NPs. I could make more than that by legit restocking in around 10 minutes. Call me unlucky, but I haven't ever obtained an account with more than that on it. They didn't build up a thing! :thumbsup:

#27 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:11 AM

For the record I don't see anything wrong with it as long as risks are acknowledged. Many users here are idiots who don't read (source: Advent 2011) and will ignore all warnings or feign ignorance.

Morally, there is nothing wrong with it as long as the account has been lost for years. Anyone who abandons their email account long enough for the email to expire should lose claim to their account.

The problem is implementation. It's too bad you can't trust people to not lie about what they've lost or why they got frozen. At that same time I can see that being an excuse to not pay out legitimate claims.

I say no because only it's a moderation nightmare to figure out which one of you is lying and I don't want to deal with all that.

#28 BeastBear

BeastBear
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

Like I said, I DO understand your morals at this site, and I apologized. But, in general, this isn't worthy of calling me a thief. People need to take a look in the mirror, I swear. I'm sure the majority of you have done much worse than taking inactive accounts.

#29 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

Did you not read my first post? It clearly states the accounts had no value other then age. Not even on one account was there more than 15,000NPs. I could make more than that by legit restocking in around 10 minutes. Call me unlucky, but I haven't ever obtained an account with more than that on it. They didn't build up a thing! :thumbsup:

No, in the first post you said a pro was that it'd put more Neopoints into the Neopian Economy. Do they put neopoints in or are they extremely poor? Pick one.

Like I said, I DO understand your morals at this site, and I apologized. But, in general, this isn't worthy of calling me a thief. People need to take a look in the mirror, I swear. I'm sure the majority of you have done much worse than taking inactive accounts.

Such as?

Edited by Juturna, 19 December 2011 - 10:13 AM.

#30 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:13 AM

The amount of monetary value in an account to you isn't relative to the personal investment an original owner may have had in that account. You make the mistake of looking at it in a purely economic sense and ignore the emotional side which many legit players have in their accounts.

#31 BeastBear

BeastBear
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

For the record I don't see anything wrong with it as long as risks are acknowledged. Many users here are idiots who don't read (source: Advent 2011) and will ignore all warnings or feign ignorance.

Morally, there is nothing wrong with it as long as the account has been lost for years. Anyone who abandons their email account long enough for the email to expire should lose claim to their account.

The problem is implementation. It's too bad you can't trust people to not lie about what they've lost or why they got frozen. At that same time I can see that being an excuse to not pay out legitimate claims.

I say no because only it's a moderation nightmare to figure out which one of you is lying and I don't want to deal with all that.

^ This is probably this best answer I've received. That about sums up why I shouldn't be allowed to sell shells here, as I now realize. Thanks for clearing it up. :)

#32 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

The economy is fucked up beyond belief. I'm glad the cheating scene is here to rein in the skyrocketing costs of high-end equipment.

#33 BeastBear

BeastBear
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:17 AM

The amount of monetary value in an account to you isn't relative to the personal investment an original owner may have had in that account. You make the mistake of looking at it in a purely economic sense and ignore the emotional side which many legit players have in their accounts.

I can understand that but when you see an account with not one thing done to it, literately none. The account can't have a value. That's all there is to it!

#34 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

So if I haven't updated my livejournal for such and such amount of time, that means it's up for grabs? I think it's been a while since Pyke logged in, clearly he doesn't want his account on Neocodex anymore. It's like finding a $20 on the ground!

#35 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:24 AM

I enjoy how most of the posts simply are about how terrible the $20 metaphor is xD

#36 BeastBear

BeastBear
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

So if I haven't updated my livejournal for such and such amount of time, that means it's up for grabs? I think it's been a while since Pyke logged in, clearly he doesn't want his account on Neocodex anymore. It's like finding a $20 on the ground!

Like I've said numerous times earlier, these accounts are valueless. I don't get why the majority of you don't pick up on this simple concept. They. Are. WORTHLESS! dammit

If someone has 1 post on this site, I'm sure they wouldn't be heartbroken they lost it. Plus, Neopets and those sites are 2 different situations entirely:
Neopets = you can indeed tell the value of the account, whether it be emotional of monetary; it's downright blatant...
other sites = you can't tell the emotional value quite as well, you have a much greater impact on the community in a site such as this. Perfect example? Me. I have like, 10 posts (?) and have already been noticed by the top members, whether for good or bad. These sites are incomparable.

#37 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

I can understand that but when you see an account with not one thing done to it, literately none. The account can't have a value. That's all there is to it!

If you were only trading completely empty, but old, accounts you'd need to sell a hell of a lot of them to make any decent return for your time invested. That makes me think that it's not only completely empty accounts which you gain from that process. ;)

#38 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

I enjoy how most of the posts simply are about how terrible the $20 metaphor is xD

Well, if the accounts are so worthless, how does it equate to an anonymous person's forgotten $20?

#39 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

While the majority of accounts are valueless, there ARE some active accounts still present. There have been many cases where people have gotten really good shit from it like UC's and whatnot.

#40 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

In the spirit of your first post, however, my account(s) could have become one of these hashed accounts. I took a hiatus (as many people do) for several years, and then came back to Neo. It was a nightmare to get one of my accounts reactivated because the email address that it was registered with had expired. Two out of three accounts had to be birthday cracked for me to get in.

Like I've said numerous times earlier, these accounts are valueless. I don't get why the majority of you don't pick up on this simple concept. They. Are. WORTHLESS! dammit

If these accounts are worthless, then why would their sale add NP into the economy? I don't understand the connection. Just because an account is old, does not mean that it has no NP or items of worth on it. Or are we missing one important step in the process?

#41 BeastBear

BeastBear
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

If you were only trading completely empty, but old, accounts you'd need to sell a hell of a lot of them to make any decent return for your time invested. That makes me think that it's not only completely empty accounts which you gain from that process. ;)

Well then I guess you'd be mistaken! But you have every right to assume that because you know everything, right? Isn't it because you, the eye in the sky, the almighty overseer, knows the effort and time I put into time, right?

Just a visual for people in denial of possible profits:

2 hour of time put in = ~20 accounts
20 accounts * 75k a piece = 750k per hour

Keep in mind I do this while I'm restock banned. ;D

So, wait, what were you saying again?

#42 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

the eye in the sky, the almighty overseer, knows.

*stopped reading here*
Ooooh I like this. It describes Waser perfectly.

#43 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

If someone has 1 post on this site, I'm sure they wouldn't be heartbroken they lost it. Plus, Neopets and those sites are 2 different situations entirely:
Neopets = you can indeed tell the value of the account, whether it be emotional of monetary; it's downright blatant...
other sites = you can't tell the emotional value quite as well, you have a much greater impact on the community in a site such as this. Perfect example? Me. I have like, 10 posts (?) and have already been noticed by the top members, whether for good or bad. These sites are incomparable.

within a week of you leaving for not being able to sell your accounts, no one will have the slightest idea of who you are.

#44 BeastBear

BeastBear
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

In the spirit of your first post, however, my account(s) could have become one of these hashed accounts. I took a hiatus (as many people do) for several years, and then came back to Neo. It was a nightmare to get one of my accounts reactivated because the email address that it was registered with had expired. Two out of three accounts had to be birthday cracked for me to get in.

If these accounts are worthless, then why would their sale add NP into the economy? I don't understand the connection. Just because an account is old, does not mean that it has no NP or items of worth on it. Or are we missing one important step in the process?

And here I am telling you that none of these accounts had anything on them. Are you fucking brain-dead? And I don't care for your sob story to be honest. Want to know why? Because here's the difference:

Your accounts have a value, the ones I'm getting do not. That's it.

#45 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

*stopped reading here*
Ooooh I like this. It describes Waser perfectly.

I thought it was quite accurate too, impressively so.

#46 BeastBear

BeastBear
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

within a week of you leaving for not being able to sell your accounts, no one will have the slightest idea of who you are.

The name will stick around a lot better than Neopets. A lot less people here in comparison therefore I'll be noticed easier. Not that I care if I'm remembered by anti-socialites or not... LMFAO (I'd guess... 75% of this community is, considering the posts I've read. I mean, you get your current issues from this site I read? WTF? Damn get some fresh air and socialize!)

Hmm, guess you guys must have skipped over the fact I can make 750k per hour? Ohhh well. :/ Not my loss!

#47 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

And here I am telling you that none of these accounts had anything on them. Are you fucking brain-dead? And I don't care for your sob story to be honest. Want to know why? Because here's the difference:

Your accounts have a value, the ones I'm getting do not. That's it.

Jokes and trolling notwithstanding, I do not take well to being insulted.

#48 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:40 AM

The name will stick around a lot better than Neopets. A lot less people here in comparison therefore I'll be noticed easier. Not that I care if I'm remembered by anti-socialites or not... LMFAO (I'd guess... 75% of this community is, considering the posts I've read. I mean, you get your current issues from this site I read? WTF? Damn get some fresh air and socialize!)

Before your recent whingeing I'd never even heard of you, and I know pretty much everybody of note in the Neopets cheating community so it's fair to say that 99% of other people won't remember you in a week.

#49 BeastBear

BeastBear
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:40 AM

Jokes and trolling notwithstanding, I do not take well to being insulted.

Write a book about it!

All jokes aside again, why take offense to getting insulted over the internet? I take pride on not letting PIXELS get to me. So, there's people behind the screen. Whoopie! Are you ever going to see me and notice who I am in real life? Nah. So why bother getting mad about it? Chill.

#50 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:42 AM

I feel like we're watching a maniac descend into madness.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users