Photo

The Workout Thread!

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#201 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

Daang, you still doing any cardio in the meantime? Or just resting?

I'd rather pin then take orals oddly enough haha.. and I think my diet is on point, I'm going to wait atleast a month to see if I see any more results because I just increased calories and carbs by 300 per day so who knows

#202 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:44 AM

I'm barely doing any cardio. I played a few rounds of tennis for fun but that's the extent of the cardio that I've done. I'm still bulking so I don't mind the excess weight I'm putting on at the moment.

Hey, if you don't make gains go for it. As long as you research it you'll be fine. I can't believe you'd rather pin :p

#203 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

Congrats :)

#204 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

Congrats Kiwi. :)

#205 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

Why, brah?

I actually weight trained at school since using the gym is free if you take a class.
Summer semester ended so..I have no where to go D:

#206 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

I actually weight trained at school since using the gym is free if you take a class.
Summer semester ended so..I have no where to go D:

Bodyweight exercise!

#207 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Bodyweight exercise!

Bodyweight?

#208 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Bodyweight?

Pushups and whatnot.

#209 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

Bodyweight?

Convict Conditioning is a great resource for body weight exercises. It talks about which exercises are good for which muscle group and the logical progression when you've mastered your current level.

#210 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Pushups and whatnot.

Yeah D: That's what I've been limited to now :l
Just push-ups and crunches.

Convict Conditioning is a great resource for body weight exercises. It talks about which exercises are good for which muscle group and the logical progression when you've mastered your current level.

LMAOO Convict Conditioning? Awesome xD

I'll look into it.

#211 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Bodyweight exercise!

I prefer bodyweight exercises over actual weights any day. Crossfit workouts that don't require weights are also the best ones (Insanity is a perfect example).

I've been doing a lot of running lately (trying for about 2-4 miles per day). It's helping me trim off the extra body fat I have around my stomach, I'm getting faster, and my legs are getting stronger. Plus my stamina is higher ( ;) ), so I can't complain.

#212 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

I prefer bodyweight exercises over actual weights any day. Crossfit workouts that don't require weights are also the best ones (Insanity is a perfect example).

I've been doing a lot of running lately (trying for about 2-4 miles per day). It's helping me trim off the extra body fat I have around my stomach, I'm getting faster, and my legs are getting stronger. Plus my stamina is higher ( ;) ), so I can't complain.

Oh your stamina, eh? ;)

Hey, can I get a little advice on how to reduce the size of my calves? I've always had big calves, presumably a cruel genetic quirk.
I'd like to slim them down alongside the rest of me lol.
When tensed they still have the muscular outline, but I really want to finally be able to wear skirts or shorts without feeling self conscious :\

I don't know how to reduce size, but you can tone them with high rep low weight exercises such as calf raises. You can do these at home with a stair. Weight is optional.
As you lose weight, you'll notice an overall reduction in parts of your body at different times. So with the path you're on you'll see tons of progress :)

#213 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

How's the wrist coming?

Had an insaaaane workout today, chest.. had endless energy and didn't seem to lose any strength as the workout progressed like I normally do.. no new personal records for any individual exercise though.. my buddy got a new pr on bench though.. 385 for 2.. was craazy.. so close to 4 plates!

#214 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

How's the wrist coming?

Had an insaaaane workout today, chest.. had endless energy and didn't seem to lose any strength as the workout progressed like I normally do.. no new personal records for any individual exercise though.. my buddy got a new pr on bench though.. 385 for 2.. was craazy.. so close to 4 plates!

Wrist is almost fully healed!
Thinking about lifting tomorrow. Finger is swollen from football though.

#215 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

I had hurt my wrist couple weeks ago too! Mine is almost fully healed as well. Wrist misc clan!

My last day working out at my local 24's since I'm moving to the mainland in 2 days. Parting with all the brand new machines/equipment is sooooo painful! ;_;

#216 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

I got fed up of having weak arms, so I've been doing push-ups for the last couple months using this site: http://hundredpushups.com/. Figured it was a good way to start without any fancy-dancy equipment.

Instead of following their week pattern, I just do the next step every second day (gives one day to rest the arms), and always follow the last column. I repeated week 5 just because I wasn't quite sure I'd be able to do week 6, and took a week off during this to go camping, but now I'm on week 6 (the final one). I started only being able to do 25 or so, and now I can do around 65. :D I try and use good form, but when I get to the point of tiring out I speed things up. xD

I throw in some crunches in there too because I really suck at those. I can still only do 8 or so before resorting to doing half-assed crunches. :/ I guess it will just take more work?

#217 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:18 AM

I got fed up of having weak arms, so I've been doing push-ups for the last couple months using this site: http://hundredpushups.com/. Figured it was a good way to start without any fancy-dancy equipment.

Instead of following their week pattern, I just do the next step every second day (gives one day to rest the arms), and always follow the last column. I repeated week 5 just because I wasn't quite sure I'd be able to do week 6, and took a week off during this to go camping, but now I'm on week 6 (the final one). I started only being able to do 25 or so, and now I can do around 65. :D I try and use good form, but when I get to the point of tiring out I speed things up. xD

I throw in some crunches in there too because I really suck at those. I can still only do 8 or so before resorting to doing half-assed crunches. :/ I guess it will just take more work?

That's pretty much how I started, just doing push ups and sit ups. I then got a dumbbell set and used that for a while then I got a bench and more equipment. Now I have like a mini gym in my house.

There is other stuff you can do like dips to work your triceps.

#218 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

It would be pretty convenient to have a list of common workout routines linked in the first page or something like a how to: for beginners. I'm pretty lost myself as I don't gain weight/muscle very easily. I'm 130 lbs and 5'11" I can bench around 105. What should I be working on to get bigger?

#219 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Diet would be most important thing to gain weight.. but in terms of workouts you should focus on the compound movements such as squats, deadlifts, and bench press. Focus on form, www.bodybuilding.com has lots of good resources to help you out with other workouts/diet/and exercise form

#220 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

I had hurt my wrist couple weeks ago too! Mine is almost fully healed as well. Wrist misc clan!

My last day working out at my local 24's since I'm moving to the mainland in 2 days. Parting with all the brand new machines/equipment is sooooo painful! ;_;

Injured Wrist Crew checking in.

Pushups are a great full body exercise. The 100 pushup program is a great thing to follow correctly. I don't think you should be skipping their workouts, to be honest. You don't need a huge rest for pushups like you would if you were using weights.

Just gotta keep working man. Also, you're an ectomorph so you need to start pounding down food and you'll recover faster/get stronger.

It would be pretty convenient to have a list of common workout routines linked in the first page or something like a how to: for beginners. I'm pretty lost myself as I don't gain weight/muscle very easily. I'm 130 lbs and 5'11" I can bench around 105. What should I be working on to get bigger?

See below V

Diet would be most important thing to gain weight.. but in terms of workouts you should focus on the compound movements such as squats, deadlifts, and bench press. Focus on form, www.bodybuilding.com has lots of good resources to help you out with other workouts/diet/and exercise form

Diet is huge. Eat big to get big. Your bench isn't actually that weak considering your BW. You will notice huge gains when you start working out consistently.

Compound movements are key for size; especially in the beginning. Try the Starting Strength workout if you want to gain size and strength. It's great. I run it every once in awhile when I want to put on more strength quickly.

As for my own workouts, been crushing it. Still can't bench, but I've been doing great full body workouts. Started on my dreamer bulk and I'm doing 3-4k cals a day. Already noticing my arms and legs blowing up.

#221 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Wrist is 100% been lifting hard for 3 weeks

Brb gained 3lbs in 3 weeks. The bulk is strong with this one. 10%BF, so still lean.

WHERE ARE ALL OF YOU

#222 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

Wrist is 100% been lifting hard for 3 weeks

Brb gained 3lbs in 3 weeks. The bulk is strong with this one. 10%BF, so still lean.

WHERE ARE ALL OF YOU

My muscle in a specific location is super sore

I've eaten so much food that the muscles in my jaw are actually sore.

Also my wrists hurt from being on the computer so much

and my neck is sorta sore for looking through microscopes for such a long period of time

19% body fat muthafuckas.

#223 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

My muscle in a specific location is super sore

I've eaten so much food that the muscles in my jaw are actually sore.

Also my wrists hurt from being on the computer so much

and my neck is sorta sore for looking through microscopes for such a long period of time

19% body fat muthafuckas.

Asian soreness?

#224 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

I've been doing a bunch of workout routines due to being in weightlifting class in my high school. lol

Right now, I'm like 5'7" 115-120 pounds and my max bench is 110. 10% body fat or so.
Max squat is 110 pounds.

Going to have this be a progress thing or something, since I figure I'll stay in weightlifting all school year.

#225 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

I've been doing a bunch of workout routines due to being in weightlifting class in my high school. lol

Right now, I'm like 5'7" 115-120 pounds and my max bench is 110. 10% body fat or so.
Max squat is 110 pounds.

Going to have this be a progress thing or something, since I figure I'll stay in weightlifting all school year.

Not bad for your BW and just starting really.

MORE IN SHAPE/GETTING IN SHAPE PEOPLE NEED TO POST

Today is rest day, yesterday was lower body power day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users