Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

I was enquiring, not offering. :p

He was thanking you for your concern.

#27 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

The only drama I remember is one or two shitty members bitching that they never got in. Which was hilarious.

The masses are idiots, they should have as little influence as possible.

Really? Who is the administrator that deals with people?

I agree, it was hilarious, but I'm pretty sure there was far more drama than that. It was more "OMG THIS IS BIASED" than bitching about not getting in.

I suppose you're right, I just prefer these things to have a little more thought to them so as to avoid hiring the multiple personality types like we always seem to do.

It was supposed to be Pyro ;)

#28 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

It was supposed to be Pyro ;)

Since when? O_o He's probably the least likely of the admins to deal well with people. :p

#29 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

Since when? O_o He's probably the least likely of the admins to deal well with people. :p

I don't know, pretty sure that's what Cam just told me last night. I could be mistaken, it was like 1:30 in the morning.

#30 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

I don't know, pretty sure that's what Cam just told me last night. I could be mistaken, it was like 1:30 in the morning.

I think it was more likely to be soul.

#31 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

Either way, it wasn't a great choice...

#32 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

I think it was more likely to be soul.

He didn't handle the people very well afterall. :/

#33 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

He didn't handle the people very well afterall. :/

Perhaps that says something about some of our users?

#34 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

Blame the peons. Didn't I write some similar to this whole thread in retired and then x-post it to general?

#35 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

Bunch of rowdy assholes.

#36 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

I think a poll should be set up for mods so we can vote them in/out

#37 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

That is easily a feature that would be abused just to get popular and less effective mods in, and weed out good less popular mods out.

I don't feel a moderator, or any staff member, need be a popular member of the community provided they do their job well and effectively.

#38 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

That's why you're not in charge.

#39 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

That would just be a popularity contest then...or whoever sucks up the most.

-edit- What Yung said. Didn't see the post.

Edited by Futurama, 26 August 2012 - 09:56 AM.

#40 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

In short, I agree with Lee and Joe.

And yes lee, you posted something in retired that was almost the same if I remember, with the pleasant addition of tits.

#41 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

These are good ideas. But last time Frizzle posted a thread like this, I don't think anything actually changed...

#42 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

These are good ideas. But last time Frizzle posted a thread like this, I don't think anything actually changed...

I think everyone got distracted by all the boobs.

#43 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

I didn't remember it being crossposted to general... But never mind :p

#44 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

That's why you're not in charge.

I just think the community members should have a say in who becomes mods.

For the purpose of the thread which you made, you might want to elaborate on why it is a bad idea instead of being unnecessarily rude. If you think ther members have done enough in explaining why it is a bad idea, then there is no real point in you replying.

#45 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

For the purpose of the thread which you made, you might want to elaborate on why it is a bad idea instead of being unnecessarily rude. If you think ther members have done enough in explaining why it is a bad idea, then there is no real point in you replying.

Why would I bother justifying my opinion, when you didn't bother justifying your suggestion?

#46 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

1) Referrals contest: Prizes awarded to the people who recruit the most active members, not just a mindless numbers exercise.
Agreed!!

2) Change Advanced+ to applications.
Yes please! I would DEF apply.

3) Officially set the standards for Retired.
No opinion since I haven't really seen any distinction between Retired and Adv+ aside from the private forums.

4) Add an old member perk.
Combine this with a post minimum? I doubt people that have an old account and sing back on all of a sudden will have more then 80 posts or so. Make it 800 posts to even qualify for this.

5) Moderators. Get rid of Elindoril and Boggart. Promote me, or Patrick, or Cody, or... actually, that's all I can think of.

Ehh...I wasn't as active when Bog was active but..If were to base this soley on activity, then I think it speaks for itself.
As far as Elin goes, same thing. I think Cody would be a great mod. (who is Patrick though?)
I feel like talking about demoting them in such a public forum is in bad taste.

6) Administration. You're doing fine with the coding and development, clearly. We're the most advanced we've been in years on that front. But for the love of all things good and holy, promote someone to deal with the people? Promote someone with the autonomy to make decisions with people, when they need it, without farting around for months on end.

I agree. 2 active mods might not be able to handle everything 100% of the time.

7) More announcements.

Agreed.

8) Knock out a 100 post day before the end of Summer. Or one weekend.

Agreed.

9) Stop free-for-all name changes. Jesus fuck, but that's annoying.

We should place a limit on how often people can change their name. Every 3, 4 or 5 months sounds good to me.

10) Remove rep.

No. It is a good way for people to scale how productive, social and friendly a person is (and whether or not they have contributed to the site).

11) Edit: I would also remove this Vigilink shit, and look very seriously at removing image ads too.

Yes.

Edited by Ivysaur, 26 August 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#47 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

Members wouldn't necessarily pick who was best suited for the job so it would be pointless. Staff need to be chosen objectively based on what they can bring to the position, not their reputation in the community.

#48 violetsun

violetsun
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

I've only been here a few days, and I have a suggestion. I have never been to a site before where a blatant troll with multiple negative feedback (kami) was allowed to run rampant for more than a week. yeah, you have benefit of the doubt, but from what I see from other members, he's used his up and is quite clearly trolling. If you have a troll, BAN IT. It makes the forum better for everyone.

#49 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

I've only been here a few days, and I have a suggestion. I have never been to a site before where a blatant troll with multiple negative feedback (kami) was allowed to run rampant for more than a week. yeah, you have benefit of the doubt, but from what I see from other members, he's used his up and is quite clearly trolling. If you have a troll, BAN IT. It makes the forum better for everyone.

He's already being dealt with according to the forum rules.

#50 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

We're handling kami12 already, he will violate our forum rules on his own trying to incite the reaction that he is looking for and he will be banned in due time. We're well aware of the situation, thank you for pointing it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users