Weapon

Armor

Dress

#277 Dot

Dot
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

I think that casks are just random items from a pool of war-related items. They don't go by faction or by order of wave. For example, the Duel Wield Daggers was given out in the third wave, but the actual challenger was wearing them in wave 4. I think TNT said: fuck it. It's not like we're losing money by going random

If they brought the wearables out corresponding to the challengers that wear them they might also get more complaints and quite possibly, because the stereotypical avid NC collector tends to have lower trained pets, they'd sell less silver keys, or so I read on the Neoboards. Not entirely sure how that person figured that but I agree with both ideas being based on how much money it would make them.

Also might be the reason why the easy challengers are so, well, easy. The more casks you win, the higher the chance you'll buy more keys, right?

#278 elkid27

elkid27
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

So if the next wave is too strong would grabbing a pound pet to just keep losing fights to get build up the doing your part bar be worth it? Im sure you would have to lose 100+ fights but would it be worth it for the possible prizes?

#279 brainbabe

brainbabe
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

So if the next wave is too strong would grabbing a pound pet to just keep losing fights to get build up the doing your part bar be worth it? Im sure you would have to lose 100+ fights but would it be worth it for the possible prizes?

Yep, as long as you fill up the bar you'll probably get something once the war is over (unsure if there'll even be a distinction between wins/losses in terms of the prizes).

#280 Dot

Dot
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

Yep, as long as you fill up the bar you'll probably get something once the war is over (unsure if there'll even be a distinction between wins/losses in terms of the prizes).

Although I'm not one of them I hope that for the "real" BD-ers' sake there will be, otherwise it wouldn't be fair to them if people who haven't trained like they do get the same thing merely based on whether or not they filled up the bar. Maybe the achievements will figure into that somehow? I don't know. But I do know that unless there is some kind of distinction between the ones who took part and the ones who kept on actually winning fights a lot of people will be very, very unhappy.

*meant to say: *merely* took part

Edited by Dot, 11 March 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#281 cyrex

cyrex
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

I was able to fight first 3 waves on the hardest, then this one I had to do on easy, but I still filled my bars for all 4!

#282 Singer

Singer
  • 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Tomorrow "Last Wave"... I hope that TNT lower the HP of opponents.

OR we should battle with real gamers *O* (It's should be soo wonderful)

Edited by Singer, 11 March 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#283 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Tomorrow "Last Wave"... I hope that TNT lower the HP of opponents.

OR we should battle with real gamers *O* (It's should be soo wonderful)

Why would they lower the HP of opponents? O_o

#284 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

The Obelisk shoots off a mystical beam that weakens only the generic troops.

#285 Singer

Singer
  • 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

My pet can't win now... My stats are so lows...

#286 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

My pet can't win now... My stats are so lows...

That's the whole point of increasing opponent difficulty. It wouldn't be a very good war if all the noobs pets were able to beat all of the opponents...

#287 brainbabe

brainbabe
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Although I'm not one of them I hope that for the "real" BD-ers' sake there will be, otherwise it wouldn't be fair to them if people who haven't trained like they do get the same thing merely based on whether or not they filled up the bar. Maybe the achievements will figure into that somehow? I don't know. But I do know that unless there is some kind of distinction between the ones who took part and the ones who kept on actually winning fights a lot of people will be very, very unhappy.

*meant to say: *merely* took part

Well, I hope so (as someone who's been training before the war was speculated), but I won't be surprised if there isn't a distinction between the two.

TNT already screwed themselves in the eyes of the BD'ers by letting losses fill up the bar for the sake of fairness (I mean at this point, it would be faster for me to get a weak pet out of the pound and just lose 50+ times instead of winning 30 times), so it's not much farther of a leap to think that as long as you filled up the bar (doesn't matter how), you'll get the same prizes/trophies for the sake of fairness. I have a feeling it's going to be like that for all but the users who never lost a battle or something on the extreme end, who will end up getting some mega-trophy and a weapon that seems awesome but probably does a laughable amount of icons from the standpoint of someone who has a cove-level set.

I wish TNT had presented this as a plot. Probably wouldn't have to do this "losses count" thing (since non-BD'ers could do the puzzle bit and still get points/prizes/whatever) and it would make for a better story line. They started out so strong with those trailers. /:

#288 cyrex

cyrex
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Well these new challengers coming out tonight at definitely not just going to be a 2-3 hit battle for me. I'm actually going to have to develop a strategy.

#289 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

TNT already screwed themselves in the eyes of the BD'ers by letting losses fill up the bar for the sake of fairness (I mean at this point, it would be faster for me to get a weak pet out of the pound and just lose 50+ times instead of winning 30 times), so it's not much farther of a leap to think that as long as you filled up the bar (doesn't matter how)

I wish TNT had presented this as a plot. Probably wouldn't have to do this "losses count" thing (since non-BD'ers could do the puzzle bit and still get points/prizes/whatever) and it would make for a better story line. They started out so strong with those trailers. /:

I believe the requirement for the newest wave of challengers is about 1k losses. It's not THAT unfair, in my opinion. if someone wants to sit there and have over 1k losses on their account/pet, it's no skin off my back. It's basically another way of doing the plot, akin to puzzle bits.

Anyway, I think that there'd be MORE cries of unfairness if there was a puzzle bit that gave out the same prizes as the battle bit, mainly cause all the answers will be on JN/SN/here as quickly as they come out. It'd probably make the BDers go it's not fair they get the same prizes as us with a walkthrough, while the others will be like, it's not fair the BDers get more prizes as us cause they can battle and we can't.

#290 brainbabe

brainbabe
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

I believe the requirement for the newest wave of challengers is about 1k losses. It's not THAT unfair, in my opinion. if someone wants to sit there and have over 1k losses on their account/pet, it's no skin off my back. It's basically another way of doing the plot, akin to puzzle bits.

Anyway, I think that there'd be MORE cries of unfairness if there was a puzzle bit that gave out the same prizes as the battle bit, mainly cause all the answers will be on JN/SN/here as quickly as they come out. It'd probably make the BDers go it's not fair they get the same prizes as us with a walkthrough, while the others will be like, it's not fair the BDers get more prizes as us cause they can battle and we can't.

Wow, 1k seems like a huge jump from when I initially heard about losses counting -- I should stay educated about this if I'm going to be grumpy about it, lol. x)

As far as the puzzle bit, that's true -- if the puzzle part gave out the same prizes, it wouldn't really solve the problem haha. If it didn't, there would still be complaining, so it kind of becomes a lose-lose anyway. From a personal standpoint, though, I would've loved a puzzle portion that played out along side the war portion.

#291 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

Looks like the final wave! with a  difficulty of..225 at easy. Tbh i've been expecting it to shoot to 400 or something.

#292 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

All I know is that as soon as I saw what the easiest setting for these guys was, my brain just filled with screaming.

#293 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

450 on mighty... I certainly expected it to jump far higher... well, guess that's it then - poor BDers got disappointed even by the "bosses"  :unsure:

or maybe some real boss jumps out of the obelisk after this wave? we'll see

Edited by DoNotAnnoyMe, 12 March 2013 - 12:11 AM.

#294 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

It's kinda hilarious that the serious BDers hate this war about as much as the casual ones do.

#295 Tanpopo

Tanpopo
  • 198 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

It's kinda hilarious that the serious BDers hate this war about as much as the casual ones do.

Then you have people like us in the middle able to kill the earlier waves but having trouble on the last ones who are just like /tableflip

#296 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

that's it. I'm out. :/

#297 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

Then you have people like us in the middle able to kill the earlier waves but having trouble on the last ones who are just like /tableflip

Yup. I'm losing my fucking mind. I'm actually considering just letting my given-to-me-because-some-people-are-awesome BD pet lose nearly a thousand times just so I get the progress bar filled.

#298 Kuragehime

Kuragehime
  • 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

I think it's just because of that "doing my part" bar... repetitive tasks seem to be TNT's idea of a good time.  

Aaaaaand then we begrudgingly fill that bar because we want prizes and are hooked on this silly 'game'

#299 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

well, the worst part about it from my point of view is that it's not battles in this "final wave" here anymore.

I'm honestly fighting on easy right now because... well, getting spammed by throw pillows - ok, I can survive that a while... getting spammed by throw pillows/lens flare + warlock's rage + mskull + ttear - wth? how am I supposed to win a fight without having far superior stats if I only get to do something every 10th turn? -.-

aka: it's not that you can make a strategy, it's simply a matter of how many hits you can survive without going down while you patiently wait for you lucky turn hoping that he doesn't heal back up with jade ss in between again - letting those challengers use all the OPB stuff as often as they want is just stupid

Edited by DoNotAnnoyMe, 12 March 2013 - 01:07 AM.

#300 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

well, the worst part about it from my point of view is that it's not battles in this "final wave" here anymore.

I'm honestly fighting on easy right now because... well, getting spammed by throw pillows - ok, I can survive that a while... getting spammed by throw pillows/lens flare + warlock's rage + mskull + ttear - wth? how am I supposed to win a fight without having far superior stats if I only get to do something every 10th turn? -.-

aka: it's not that you can make a strategy, it's simply a matter of how many hits you can survive without going down while you patiently wait for you lucky turn hoping that he doesn't heal back up with jade ss in between again - letting those challengers use all the OPB stuff as often as they want is just stupid

Yeah, I can't beat them on hard with all of those abilities. When they're able to use Warlock's Rage on every turn then it's pretty much impossible...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users