shut it down

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#101 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

I just googled Lilly Pulitzer and was blinded by print. 
Just out of curiosity...
Would you wear this shirt, Random?

http://bit.ly/10GagfI

That's kind of their thing - I had a Lilly tie some sororstitute gave me and it was ridiculous.

I would not wear that shirt, no. Why?

#102 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Just making sure we all agree it's ugly.

I guess I can be a little shallow and put down some shit I look for

Maker:
Hair on the longer side (Not necessarily Pyro/Jesus long, but somewhat long)

Average physical stature

Must be able to tolerate constant criticism 

Musically or artistically inclined

Does not respond with disgust to female body hair

Breaker:
Buzzcut
Wears shoes that expose the toes in public

Baggy pants

Violent when angry

Annoying laugh

#103 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

I lol'd at the female body hair.

And, yes, it is ugly. Not nearly preppy or trad enough for me. 

#104 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

I just find it funny that Sweeney admitted to wearing sweat pants. 

Anyone who doesn't wear sweatpants for lazing around the house is missing out.

#105 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

I just do that with my PJs for this. That way I don't need to change again if I want to sleep.

#106 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

I just do that with my PJs for this. That way I don't need to change again if I want to sleep.

Anyone who sleeps in PJs is missing out.

#107 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Anyone who sleeps in PJs is missing out.

I am pleased with the extreme comfort my PJs provide for me as I slumber.

Also it gets cold in my room sometimes.

#108 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

Amen!

#109 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Just making sure we all agree it's ugly.

I guess I can be a little shallow and put down some shit I look for

Maker:
Hair on the longer side (Not necessarily Pyro/Jesus long, but somewhat long)

I thought by "Jesus" you meant Cronus and I was like "wut"

#110 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

Makers:

Female

Educated

Bubbly but still down to earth personality

Brunette (preferably)

A stable brain...no mind games and unnecessary drama.

Oh and a big booty, can't forget that.

Breakers:

High maintenance

Parties a LOT

Smoker, if she's like me and has one every few weeks then that's fine.

Says or lives by the idea behind "YOLO"

STDs

Financially unstable 

Edited by Adam, 06 April 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#111 Equi

Equi
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

breakers:

bisexual

smoker/alcoholic

fat

dislikes anime

dislikes MMOs

dislikes my cooking

too clingy

too stingy

druggie

mommy's boy

nice to everyone

has stds

tattoos/piercings

has similar/more temper than me

apathetic/unaffectionate

shorter than me

not very bright

disabled - e.g. cannot walk, blind, deaf, missing limbs

rude/inconsiderate/arrogant

does not plan on marriage

player/too flirty with girls

makers:

smart/educated

tall

considerate (to me mostly)

likes anime/manga

plays mabi

willing to commit long-term

um, can't think of anything else atm

Edited by Equi, 06 April 2013 - 07:49 PM.

#112 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

Makers:

Female

Don't lie. ;)

#113 seraph

seraph
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:46 AM

Why definitely no christians? :o Not all of them are bad...

I don't think they're bad, just not very intelligent. I don't like people with conflicting beliefs and that's pretty much every christian, the religion itself is full of contradictions. I just don't think I could respect anyone who believes in something with no form of logic or consistency enough to be in a relationship with them. Same goes for a lot of other religions, christianity is just the most common one.

#114 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:14 AM

I don't think they're bad, just not very intelligent. I don't like people with conflicting beliefs and that's pretty much every christian, the religion itself is full of contradictions. I just don't think I could respect anyone who believes in something with no form of logic or consistency enough to be in a relationship with them. Same goes for a lot of other religions, christianity is just the most common one.

Your generalization makes you look "not very intelligent". To each their own I suppose.

#115 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

That's a bit harsh. :/ I think some people just want something to believe in, regardless of logic and reason. I wouldn't mind dating a religious person, so long as 1. they don't ask me to convert. 2. their values don't radically differ from mine and 3. they don't mind it if I'm not religious.

#116 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

The atheists who consider themselves supremely superior to those who do believe in some kind of deity or belief system are the ones doing the most damage to the ideology of atheism.

I find you tend to make more friends when you are tolerant and respectful to everybody, regardless of race, religion, creed, body type, gender, sexuality, etc etc

#117 Mikali

Mikali
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

ser·aph  
/ˈserəf/

Noun
An angelic being, regarded in traditional Christian angelology as belonging to the highest order of the ninefold celestial hierarchy,...

Ironic much?

#118 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

ser·aph  

/ˈserəf/

Noun
An angelic being, regarded in traditional Christian angelology as belonging to the highest order of the ninefold celestial hierarchy,...

Ironic much? 

I didn't notice that; I've used my last rep for the day on you. :yahoo:   :pirate2:   :x3:

Edited by Adam, 07 April 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#119 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

If seraph can't be with someone who believes in Bigfoot, that's their business. I would never be able to be with a devout Christian either, because our religion teaches us that women's only purpose is to make babies and serve man, and some guys really take that to heart. I love Jesus and everything but FUCK THAT SHIT. I don't need to tolerate that shit.

#120 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

I think it's pretty ignorant to judge someone based on their beliefs :/
Unless they believe in kiddie diddling and shit.

I mean unless they're asking you to conform to their beliefs what's the praaaablaaaam?

#121 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

I think it's pretty ignorant to judge someone based on their beliefs :/
Unless they believe in kiddie diddling and shit.

I mean unless they're asking you to conform to their beliefs what's the praaaablaaaam?

It can be a pretty fundamental difference though. It can't really be a good basis for a relationship if one of them believes that the other is destined to go to hell just because they don't believe a certain thing. :/

#122 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

I'm not religious myself, but the vast majority of my close friends are. They don't push their religion on me, and I don't state my beliefs upon them. My friends are extremely intellectual people; much more than many "scientific atheists" out there. 

For the most part for me, I don't find gay males to be religious since religion is a large part of the persecution and what not. but if I met someone who was, I would not reject them because they're religious.

If they told me that they didn't believe in evolution and refused to even discuss the idea and be open about it (like some girl I knew), maybe I wouldn't date them.

#123 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

Seraph:

I'm Lutheran but does that mean I believe a woman's only purpose on the Earth is to bare children and please their husband? Most certainly not. So the general statement "I could never date a Christian because they're not intelligent." seems sort of asinine. 

#124 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

It can be a pretty fundamental difference though. It can't really be a good basis for a relationship if one of them believes that the other is destined to go to hell just because they don't believe a certain thing. :/

I understand that, but not all Theists try to take it upon themselves to save non-believers.
So I guess my point remains that they are not all the same or have the exact same behaviors and beliefs.

My husband is a Christian (not devout, but the original comment specified any religious person), but he's never harped on me for being an Atheist or told me I'm damned, nothing even close. If he believes I am, that doesn't bother me, because I know I'm not and he's entitled to believe whatever his heart wishes.

#125 Mikali

Mikali
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

I feel like this is only for some of the more extremely religious people though.  I have a model Catholic friend (goes to church every Sunday), and she dated a Japanese guy (Shinto religion).  I'm Catholic myself and I'm dating a Hindu guy.  

There's always extremes for every religion, and like a lot of people have stated above, as long as they're not shoving their religious beliefs in your face or trying to conform you, what's the harm in getting to know them better?

Edited by dreamstar4, 07 April 2013 - 08:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users