• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#51 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

I will keep the CLI version for myself, and submit the GUI version for the PM xP

Aw.. no love for other people who like CLIs :<

#52 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

As long as you don't record your own...Edit: Actually, I'm not sure which one would be worse. :p

Might have to get ahold of Scots hurr hurr hurr :]

#53 StudMuffin

StudMuffin
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

Here are a few things I'd love to see:

- Multiple tabs for item management, i.e. you open up a new tab of your inventory while you keep the shop you're in open, inventory setting(to shop or sdb) with a custom timer, default shopping refresh times for page loads is less safe than optimal imo.

- Occasional wrong page loads. When I'm really on, going to shops, checking things, every now and then I will click the wrong link or type in the wrong page. This adds a huge amount of humanism.

- AAA customization. What we have now is enough to get by..but I'd much rather refresh .25 seconds after 52 seconds than have to choose to refresh at 52 or 53.

- Browser Synchronization. I'm logged in all the time on my main account in my main browser..logging out then back in a few minutes later to AB is just a nightmare every time..

- Browser Integration. This shouldn't be hard if browsers are synchronized. The most awesome thing ever for an AB would be the ability to click a link on the AB that stopped the AB and loaded up the page that I was on in the AB in my browser. So let's say I just nabbed a multi-millionaire np potion, it would be totally realistic for me to go over to the boards and brag about it right away..it's not realistic to stop the ab, log in on my browser, go to the boards, brag, then close my browser and log back in on the AB to continue buying. 

Edited by TJay, 07 May 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#54 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

There's another thing that's arrived in my mind....but it's not really an ab thing, more of a pricing one.

The item database in the aber sometimes buy stuff where the actual profit margin is way below that of the database one. Could it be due to the variation of data? If that's the case maybe you guys could use a normal sampling data collection. Might help to adjust for variations in the price, although you guys might have thought about it

#55 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

Here are a few things I'd love to see:

- Multiple tabs for item management, i.e. you open up a new tab of your inventory while you keep the shop you're in open, inventory setting(to shop or sdb) with a custom timer, default shopping refresh times for page loads is less safe than optimal imo.

- Occasional wrong page loads. When I'm really on, going to shops, checking things, every now and then I will click the wrong link or type in the wrong page. This adds a huge amount of humanism.

- AAA customization. What we have now is enough to get by..but I'd much rather refresh .25 seconds after 52 seconds than have to choose to refresh at 52 or 53.

- Browser Synchronization. I'm logged in all the time on my main account in my main browser..logging out then back in a few minutes later to AB is just a nightmare every time..

- Browser Integration. This shouldn't be hard if browsers are synchronized. The most awesome thing ever for an AB would be the ability to click a link on the AB that stopped the AB and loaded up the page that I was on in the AB in my browser. So let's say I just nabbed a multi-millionaire np potion, it would be totally realistic for me to go over to the boards and brag about it right away..it's not realistic to stop the ab, log in on my browser, go to the boards, brag, then close my browser and log back in on the AB to continue buying.

- Thats a lot of work for a very small payoff. If i have time ill look into adding it.
- They do not track pages like that, when i developed the neggsweeper program, i played neggsweeper 24/7 for a full month to get stats... You dont need to worry about this.
- Easy enough.
- Browser Synchronization is such a pain in the ass i will not even begin to get on that topic. At the very end of everything ill look into it. Again, this is program manager specific, not Abrosia.

There's another thing that's arrived in my mind....but it's not really an ab thing, more of a pricing one.

The item database in the aber sometimes buy stuff where the actual profit margin is way below that of the database one. Could it be due to the variation of data? If that's the case maybe you guys could use a normal sampling data collection. Might help to adjust for variations in the price, although you guys might have thought about it

- We use a lot of data when it comes to the item database, but i will look into alternate methods at a later time.

#56 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

That's because of the way Neopets does the Shop Wizard results. If they returned the results by the lowest price rather than in random groups we'd be able to get a better estimation but we don't really have that option so we have to work with what we've got. We already do quite a lot of pre-processing of the data prior to deriving a price so I think our estimations are pretty good considering those limitations. :p You should see some of the prices we'd have without that processing. ;)

#57 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

This all has me very excited 0_0 I don't know if that's good or bad... :rolleyes:

Where may I obtain the CLI version to test? Or is that private? :lol2:

#58 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

This all has me very excited 0_0 I don't know if that's good or bad... :rolleyes:

Where may I obtain the CLI version to test? Or is that private? :lol2:

There isn't a CLI version to test yet.

#59 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

There isn't a CLI version to test yet.

Whoops :0 I was under the impression there was!

SORRY! x[

Still can't wait to see though :) new things are always so exciting

Edited by aNEWvision, 08 May 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#60 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

That's because of the way Neopets does the Shop Wizard results. If they returned the results by the lowest price rather than in random groups we'd be able to get a better estimation but we don't really have that option so we have to work with what we've got. We already do quite a lot of pre-processing of the data prior to deriving a price so I think our estimations are pretty good considering those limitations. :p You should see some of the prices we'd have without that processing. ;)

Yea don't worry i agree. It's just kinda weird to see 1000 profit items dangling around when I go to igloo, haha. Igloo tends to do this more regularly than normal shops

#61 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

Yea don't worry i agree. It's just kinda weird to see 1000 profit items dangling around when I go to igloo, haha. Igloo tends to do this more regularly than normal shops

We'd love it if they started doing the Shop Wizard results by lowest price because we'd have pretty much perfect estimates for buyable items. :p Unfortunately with the Super Shop Wizard being one of the main features of premium it kind of makes it almost completely unlikely to happen. :(

#62 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

We'd love it if they started doing the Shop Wizard results by lowest price because we'd have pretty much perfect estimates for buyable items. :p Unfortunately with the Super Shop Wizard being one of the main features of premium it kind of makes it almost completely unlikely to happen. :(

Can you capitalise on the SSW though? I mean, I have premium and wouldn't mind it if the Prog. Manager utilises my SSW whilst I have it open/AB'ing. Would make for far more accurate pricing data ;)

#63 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

Can you capitalise on the SSW though? I mean, I have premium and wouldn't mind it if the Prog. Manager utilises my SSW whilst I have it open/AB'ing. Would make for far more accurate pricing data ;)

I was thinking along the same lines as strat, but the scale for searching for every single item may be overwhelming. Although i might suggest doing it for items below a certain price range, which would make it easier

#64 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

I've never had premium so I don't know enough about the Super Shop Wizard to be able to say if we could use it or not.

#65 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

What goes into this "pre-processing"? It seems like NeonAP doesn't select the lowest price when it prices items - I have priced items before using NeonAP and when I visit the item page on Neocodex, it says the item was last priced by me, but at a price that is higher than the lowest price NeonAP found for me.

#66 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

^That probably happens because NeonAP is deducting a specific sum of np (which you can edit, I believe) off the lowest price it finds.

#67 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

^That probably happens because NeonAP is deducting a specific sum of np (which you can edit, I believe) off the lowest price it finds.

No, the price shown on the item webpage is much higher than the lowest price NeonAP found for me, even after accounting for the deduction. I suspect NeonAP uses the average of the prices it finds rather than the lowest one, resulting in Abrosia sometimes buying items that are not profitable.

#68 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

No, the price shown on the item webpage is much higher than the lowest price NeonAP found for me, even after accounting for the deduction. I suspect NeonAP uses the average of the prices it finds rather than the lowest one, resulting in Abrosia sometimes buying items that are not profitable.

The database prices are estimates of an item's price, not the very lowest price an item will sell for.

#69 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

Agreed. I've always wondered about how Abrosia uses the SW secretly because in all honesty, people with Premium rarely (or maybe it's just me) use the regular shop wizard.

Not sure how these things work but won't that appear strange that they never use the regular shop wizard..until they start restocking? lol

#70 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

I havnt had a chance to go over the responces since my last reply, just wantned to let you know im still up for this. Just on vacation atm and will begin when i get home. Already have someone lined up to help develop a new GUI. Ill reply to the responses later on.

#71 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

One thing, I'm not sure if mentioned as of yet or not, and this goes hand in hand with Wasers suggestion for the maximum profit... Add a maximum rariety or something to the effect of... If the autobuyer purchases a r95+ then it needs to buy 10+ r84 or lower items. I suggest this because rariety index and frequency is something the TNT servers red flag. If you're in the main shops getting only high rariety items you're red flagging your account and your freeze percentage sky rockets.

An Advanced setting like this may be well suited for an Advanced member perk eh? ;)

#72 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:11 AM

One thing, I'm not sure if mentioned as of yet or not, and this goes hand in hand with Wasers suggestion for the maximum profit... Add a maximum rariety or something to the effect of... If the autobuyer purchases a r95+ then it needs to buy 10+ r84 or lower items. I suggest this because rariety index and frequency is something the TNT servers red flag. If you're in the main shops getting only high rariety items you're red flagging your account and your freeze percentage sky rockets.

An Advanced setting like this may be well suited for an Advanced member perk eh? ;)

We need to find a reliable way to harvest item rarities before we can introduce something like that. :/ If anybody knows any good ways to harvest the rarities for all items then we'd welcome any suggestions. :p

#73 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

We need to find a reliable way to harvest item rarities before we can introduce something like that. :/ If anybody knows any good ways to harvest the rarities for all items then we'd welcome any suggestions. :p

maybe you could restrict it to certain shops instead? that would make it so much more efficient

#74 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

maybe you could restrict it to certain shops instead? that would make it so much more efficient

We can't do that because we still need to harvest information from the less popular main shops, the random shop selection performs that function for us. If we restricted it to certain shops we'd only end up with information on like the 10 most popular shops.

#75 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

Is there not some way to scrape that data off the item?

A TP crawler could gather a lot of the rarities for you. That's my recommendation, it shouldn't be too difficult to code it and right up your alley Waser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users