• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#26 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

1. I'm not sure if this is just a non-advanced member limitation, but I'd like it if there was an option to switch shops automatically while on manual lists. Like say if I was ABing in Clothes, but it's full and I don't want to clear, so Abrosia swaps to Books with a separate manual AB list.

2. I'll second the suggestion that the logging be better implemented. Abrosia used to keep logs in a txt file with line breaks but it suddenly changed to one long line.

2. An option to stop ABing immediately if IP changes + alerting. I use a VPN and it sometimes loses connection and changes IP, and during the period of change I don't want Abrosia to refresh while I'm on my IP.

#27 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

Other than random-ized rest times, I would really dig the idea of having visible screens! although I'm kinda afraid whether it may lead to more latency.

One thing i was wondering was about non-advanced members, would it be possible to tweak settings as long as it is above the default?

Another thing could be to randomize the refresh periods if the stock is stagnant after awhile.

Otherwise everything in my mind about have been touched on by everyone here.

Edited by ceterisparibus, 07 May 2013 - 05:14 AM.

#28 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

One thing i was wondering was about non-advanced members, would it be possible to tweak settings as long as it is above the default?
Another thing could be to randomize the refresh periods if the stock is stagnant after awhile.

I wouldn't think much would change with regard to the Advanced/non-Advanced functionality, it seems to have worked pretty well over the years at providing a good balance so far.

#29 Zinkk

Zinkk
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:26 AM

Perhaps a way for the program to store multiple manual shop lists.  It would be amazing to be able to set 3-5 different manual lists to automatically rotate every x amount of minutes refreshing without a buy.

Even if it could just have the functionality to store the lists in the program so we don't have to upload them every time we want to change shops.

I second the idea of being able to set a maximum profit as well.  It would be so much easier to grab items if the ABer isn't always going for the highest items wasting precious time that could be spent nabbing "easier" yet still profitable buys.

I don't know if this is too much but maybe specify a specific type of item to avoid when buying in AAA?  I personally would like to be able to avoid buying clothing as I find it VHTS so it would be nice too be able to tell the program to avoid a specific type(s) of item(s).

Edited by Zinkk, 07 May 2013 - 05:28 AM.

#30 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

I wouldn't think much would change with regard to the Advanced/non-Advanced functionality, it seems to have worked pretty well over the years at providing a good balance so far.

I think it's more about avoiding the default settings which tdn can use to highlight abers but yea your point is backed by ab's history

#31 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

I think it's more about avoiding the default settings which tdn can use to highlight abers but yea your point is backed by ab's history

Those kind of things would be ones we'd look at further down the line, probably when it would get to a testing phase. If it was something which would improve the program then naturally we would want to do it but we won't know if it would be an improvement until it's actually tested.

#32 nothereorthere

nothereorthere
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

If this has already been said sorry but i just woke up and wanted to get this in.

A shop clearing feature: to open a slot it cost X neopoints. X neopoints can be determined by the user. Sooo shit my brain just stopped, going back to bed

#33 Jhud0ra

Jhud0ra
  • TinyChat Harassment Committee

• 65 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

2. An option to stop ABing immediately if IP changes + alerting. I use a VPN and it sometimes loses connection and changes IP, and during the period of change I don't want Abrosia to refresh while I'm on my IP.

^Seconded. Also, pumped for this new creation. It's ALIIIIIIVE.

#34 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

One problem I can foresee with that is that the program would have to look at every item in the shop and their relative profits before deciding which one to try to buy whereas now it's just a process of sorting them by profit and going for the first one on the list. That would definitely slow down the buying process slightly.

I'm not sure I see the problem. If I understand you correctly, Abrosia already has to rank the relative profits of all the items in the shop before attempting to buy the most profitable item on the list. All I am saying is that instead of buying the most profitable item, there would be an option to set Abrosia to buy, say, the 2nd, 3rd, or least profitable item on the list (that is still above your minimum profit limit). So I'm not sure why the process would be slowed down.

I would add that this would help make Abrosia seem more human as well. It is rather difficult to unerringly go for the most profitable item in each restock every time.

Edited by Trey, 07 May 2013 - 08:18 AM.

#35 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

I'm not sure I see the problem. If I understand you correctly, Abrosia already has to rank the relative profits of all the items in the shop before attempting to buy the most profitable item on the list. All I am saying is that instead of buying the most profitable item, there would be an option to set Abrosia to buy, say, the 2nd, 3rd, or least profitable item on the list (that is still above your minimum profit limit). So I'm not sure why the process would be slowed down.

I would add that this would help make Abrosia seem more human as well. It is rather difficult to unerringly go for the most profitable item in each restock every time.

I thought you meant something a bit more complex than that. :p If it's just a case of wanting it to prioritise the 2nd or 3rd most profitable item instead of the 1st then you're right, it wouldn't add much latency at all.

#36 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

hmm... I'd like:

- A blacklist for the AAA

- A reject faerie quests feature

- A Shop clearing feature

#37 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

I so hope you'll still keep the CLI even if a GUI is in the works ;-;

I will keep the CLI version for myself, and submit the GUI version for the PM xP

Well a shop doesn't restock at all if there's 24 items in there and naturally it's going to restock fewer items if there's close to 24 items in there so I'm not sure you really need the data to back it up (also, if we don't have the data then probably nobody has such data :p).

I'm guessing people would also want to be able to specify individual lists for each shop they're restocking in and perhaps a list to exclude items they don't want to buy? Also, maybe a maximum profit setting to go with the minimum profit setting for people who don't want to buy high profile, high profit items?

First feature is easily doeable, and same with the second one. Third request is already implimented in the form of "buy unbuyables" meaning if the item is over 99,999 it will not buy. However i can change that to a simple value easy enough.

1) An option to prioritize lower profit items would be good. Currently Abrosia goes for the highest profit item first, and if it is sold out, then to the next highest profit, etc. But if you have a slow connection/long buy time (due to fear of being frozen), you tend to just miss all of them. You would have a better chance targeting low profit items immediately instead of wasting time fighting for the high profit items that you probably won't get anyway.

2) Allow users to set the max number of items in a shop before switching to another shop. Currently there is an option to switch shops if there are 23 items or more, but I personally think that is too high.

3) I'm not sure if a list of people in the shop is a good idea, or even the precise number of people refreshing. That raises privacy concerns and gives TNT valuable information that can be used to freeze users. For example, if TNT knows that there are X number of people refreshing at shop Y, and Abrosia reports that that exact same number of people are AB'ing at the shop, then TNT will know that all those people are cheaters.

One problem I can foresee with that is that the program would have to look at every item in the shop and their relative profits before deciding which one to try to buy whereas now it's just a process of sorting them by profit and going for the first one on the list. That would definitely slow down the buying process slightly.

My program already does option one in a way. It finds out the approximate potential profit of every item in the store prior to processing that store. (does it only once) I currently go after the highest priced item, then work my way to the lower once, but the opposite is also a posibility. Second option is doeable. TNT would have zero way of being able to tell who is in what shop at what time.

hmm... I'd like:

- A blacklist for the AAA
- A reject faerie quests feature
- A Shop clearing feature

- I can incorporate this somehow with the buylists.
- I automatically reject all faerie quests.
- I guess this is an option people want, so ill add it :p

^Seconded. Also, pumped for this new creation. It's ALIIIIIIVE.

Indeed it is.

Perhaps a way for the program to store multiple manual shop lists.  It would be amazing to be able to set 3-5 different manual lists to automatically rotate every x amount of minutes refreshing without a buy.
Even if it could just have the functionality to store the lists in the program so we don't have to upload them every time we want to change shops.

I second the idea of being able to set a maximum profit as well.  It would be so much easier to grab items if the ABer isn't always going for the highest items wasting precious time that could be spent nabbing "easier" yet still profitable buys.

I don't know if this is too much but maybe specify a specific type of item to avoid when buying in AAA?  I personally would like to be able to avoid buying clothing as I find it VHTS so it would be nice too be able to tell the program to avoid a specific type(s) of item(s).

I wasnt aware Abrosia only had one buylist. I was going to mmake some kind of file-type manager where you could import different lists and enable/disable them and set them to either be a "buy these" or "dont buy these" type. The rotating features seems a bit pointless though. AAA Blacklist already suggested :) I think whith the release of this version i will include Codex Officaial premade lists of items.

1. I'm not sure if this is just a non-advanced member limitation, but I'd like it if there was an option to switch shops automatically while on manual lists. Like say if I was ABing in Clothes, but it's full and I don't want to clear, so Abrosia swaps to Books with a separate manual AB list.

2. I'll second the suggestion that the logging be better implemented. Abrosia used to keep logs in a txt file with line breaks but it suddenly changed to one long line.

0. Anyone can suggest anything here, we (or atleast i) value member input as much as advanced member :)
1. Im suire i can find a way to link specific AB lists to store id's, not difficult at all.
2. You will shit your pants when you see how i log stuff :p I currently get a daily email with EVERYTHING the program has done in the span of a day. Including all depostis/withdrawls/bankaccount type updates, false image clicks, random events, buys (success and fails), shop contents, gallery contents, anything done in the inventory and SDB, etc. xP
2.2 This one will be tricky and probally will not get done. I will need some time and access to a VPN that has a changing IP to see how this should be handled. Dont hold your breath for this one.

#38 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^á´¥^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Elaborate?

The item management function should work on it's own timer of 1-1.5 seconds, not based on abrosia's wait times.

#39 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

The item management function should work on it's own timer of 1-1.5 seconds, not based on abrosia's wait times.

So you mean have a countdown on its own thread, and run it in the background while the user is still abing (keep in mind we can treat this like a browser, and does not need to be single tracked. ITs like having 5 tabs open at a time and you are doing things on each tab at the same time). That is doeable.

#40 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

0. Anyone can suggest anything here, we (or atleast i) value member input as much as advanced member :)
1. Im suire i can find a way to link specific AB lists to store id's, not difficult at all.
2. You will shit your pants when you see how i log stuff :p I currently get a daily email with EVERYTHING the program has done in the span of a day. Including all depostis/withdrawls/bankaccount type updates, false image clicks, random events, buys (success and fails), shop contents, gallery contents, anything done in the inventory and SDB, etc. xP
2.2 This one will be tricky and probally will not get done. I will need some time and access to a VPN that has a changing IP to see how this should be handled. Dont hold your breath for this one.

I didn't mean it that way, haha. I know that there's a function to change shops after 5 minutes if there's been no refreshes and the number of items is greater than 20 or something. But it's only available for use with autolists, and not with manual lists which is basically what I use all the time. I've never had advanced, so I don't know if that's available right now for advanced membership only. ^^;

Okay, with the IP changing; would it not be possible to just alert me and stop the ABing if IP changes? I don't mind needing to login again to start the program again; my main worry is that during that time between an IP change, my home IP is exposed because Abrosia refreshes during the downtime.

#41 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

I think some people have recently suggested the ability to use custom audio notifications.

#42 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

Insert the Zoidberg "whoop whoop whoop" every time it gets an item worth 1M+.

Sample:

HOW DO YOU LINK A YOUTUBE?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_WI0VI7aIw

Edited by Futurama, 07 May 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#43 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

The things I get asked the most about, and should be prioritized:

- Authenticated proxy support.

- Better scheduling

- Multi-account support

- These ridiculous bugs like the 1/3 pizza thing. I still don't know why it likes pizzas so much.

I suppose there's no point in fixing up the current one, so let's make the new one that much better. We've learned so much in the last four years. I do admit that I had a mini-heart attack when Pyro proposed this, but I have heard about his CLI autobuyer and the base code is just much more stable than what I did four years ago. xD

Also, I really think we should be making a fully functional CLI version of a program before even thinking of adding a GUI to it. Doing them at the same time makes things quite messy.

#44 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

It's kind of surprising that Abrosia has lasted this long and continued to do so well. :p We just need to make sure we keep the best of Abrosia and build on that.

#45 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

It's kind of surprising that Abrosia has lasted this long and continued to do so well. :p We just need to make sure we keep the best of Abrosia and build on that.

The way Abrosia operates is quite simple. I think it has to do more with the additional features built into it. It shouldn't be too hard to duplicate and improve its success. :p

I think we'll be mostly limited by the libraries that we have access to in the current Program Manager. Some of them have been improved, but we're still relying on a single account login system, a wrapper that does not have authenticated proxy capabilities, among other things.

It would have been nice if that new program manager was done before this, but meh. We'll make it work somehow. :p

#46 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

So...is that a no to "whoop whoop whoop"?

#47 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

So...is that a no to "whoop whoop whoop"?

We can make it customizable? xD

#48 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

We can make it customizable? xD

Yeah, I imagine there's plenty of modules to handle audio given that Python is often used to make games so people would be able to whoop, whoop, whoop (or some other sound) to their heart's content. :p

#49 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

Yeah, I imagine there's plenty of modules to handle audio given that Python is often used to make games so people would be able to whoop, whoop, whoop (or some other sound) to their heart's content. :p

:o that means I can finally add a fapfapfap sound every time it buys something awesome. Hnnnng.

#50 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

:o that means I can finally add a fapfapfap sound every time it buys something awesome. Hnnnng.

As long as you don't record your own...

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure which one would be worse. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users