Abrosia Re-Write Underway

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#76 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

Is there not some way to scrape that data off the item?

A TP crawler could gather a lot of the rarities for you. That's my recommendation, it shouldn't be too difficult to code it and right up your alley Waser.

Not every item will come up for trade though, ideally we want somewhere that we can get the information for every item. :/

#77 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

Not every item will come up for trade though, ideally we want somewhere that we can get the information for every item. :/

ideally but we can get 85%+ of all items easily through a TP Scraper.

#78 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

ideally but we can get 85%+ of all items easily through a TP Scraper.

It's not a particularly efficient method though, we could probably get about 85% just by using the search function on Neopets without having to use resources to constantly scrape the trading post. :/

#79 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

It's not a particularly efficient method though, we could probably get about 85% just by using the search function on Neopets without having to use resources to constantly scrape the trading post. :/

The only other feasible option would be to find where TNT stores rarity and scrape that. The TP usually will eventually have virtually every item pass through it, more so than the auctions.

#80 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

Well, 85% is better than nothing... those that you can't find on the TP will probably be very rare items, and it can be left to the users to submit the rarities.

#81 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

That was my thought exactly, if we could get most of the data that would be better than none.

#82 Kuzyfied

Kuzyfied
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

multi account please:D

#83 Speedracer

Speedracer
  • The Triforce of Herp

• 771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

I didn't see this in any of the previous ideas, but I may have missed it.

- The Pre-haggle time be taken out of the 5-second break after purchasing an idea

For instance if you have a one second pre-haggle than the program only waiting four seconds to go back to the shop. That way when the two times are combined it is enough for the 5-second break between purchasing items. It should help with succeeding in multiple purchases per restock or at least I would think. I'm not sure if Abrosia already accounts for this I'm fairly new to the program 

#84 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

I think some people have recently suggested the ability to use custom audio notifications.

Easy enough.

The things I get asked the most about, and should be prioritized:

- Authenticated proxy support.
- Better scheduling
- Multi-account support
- These ridiculous bugs like the 1/3 pizza thing. I still don't know why it likes pizzas so much.

I suppose there's no point in fixing up the current one, so let's make the new one that much better. We've learned so much in the last four years. I do admit that I had a mini-heart attack when Pyro proposed this, but I have heard about his CLI autobuyer and the base code is just much more stable than what I did four years ago. xD

Also, I really think we should be making a fully functional CLI version of a program before even thinking of adding a GUI to it. Doing them at the same time makes things quite messy.

-Ill need help with the proxy
-scheduling is already added
-multi-account wont be ready until the new pm
-i dont have that bug :|

I was already planning on adding all these features into my personal CLI version before starting the GUI design with dan.

Here are a few things I'd love to see:

- Multiple tabs for item management, i.e. you open up a new tab of your inventory while you keep the shop you're in open, inventory setting(to shop or sdb) with a custom timer, default shopping refresh times for page loads is less safe than optimal imo.

- Occasional wrong page loads. When I'm really on, going to shops, checking things, every now and then I will click the wrong link or type in the wrong page. This adds a huge amount of humanism.

- AAA customization. What we have now is enough to get by..but I'd much rather refresh .25 seconds after 52 seconds than have to choose to refresh at 52 or 53.

- Browser Synchronization. I'm logged in all the time on my main account in my main browser..logging out then back in a few minutes later to AB is just a nightmare every time..

- Browser Integration. This shouldn't be hard if browsers are synchronized. The most awesome thing ever for an AB would be the ability to click a link on the AB that stopped the AB and loaded up the page that I was on in the AB in my browser. So let's say I just nabbed a multi-millionaire np potion, it would be totally realistic for me to go over to the boards and brag about it right away..it's not realistic to stop the ab, log in on my browser, go to the boards, brag, then close my browser and log back in on the AB to continue buying.

- Complex but it might get added in the long haul
- Easy enough, although i highly doubt that neopets track this :p
- Will already be added.
- You dont understand what a pain in the ass Browser Synchronization is :p
- Not gonna happen :p A lot of work for something that people wont really care about, if enough people complain ill reconcider.

This all has me very excited 0_0 I don't know if that's good or bad... :rolleyes:

Where may I obtain the CLI version to test? Or is that private? :lol2:

The CLI version is something that only i have (and shadow i think, tho he doesnt use it).

Can you capitalise on the SSW though? I mean, I have premium and wouldn't mind it if the Prog. Manager utilises my SSW whilst I have it open/AB'ing. Would make for far more accurate pricing data ;)

This is a great idea, im not sure why people havnt suggested it before xD

I didn't see this in any of the previous ideas, but I may have missed it.

- The Pre-haggle time be taken out of the 5-second break after purchasing an idea

For instance if you have a one second pre-haggle than the program only waiting four seconds to go back to the shop. That way when the two times are combined it is enough for the 5-second break between purchasing items. It should help with succeeding in multiple purchases per restock or at least I would think. I'm not sure if Abrosia already accounts for this I'm fairly new to the program

My program has 3 separate timers.
# How fast to check the shop for new items
settings['time_shop_load'] = [7.0, 9.6] #[Min, Max]

# How long from the time the page loads to click on an item to buy?
settings['time_item_find'] = [0.0, 0.0] #[Min, Max]

# How long it takes to check the capcha image and enter a price
settings['time_haggle_item'] = [0.0, 0.0] #[Min, Max]
That good enough xD?

#85 Speedracer

Speedracer
  • The Triforce of Herp

• 771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

My program has 3 separate timers.

# How fast to check the shop for new items
settings['time_shop_load'] = [7.0, 9.6] #[Min, Max]

# How long from the time the page loads to click on an item to buy?
settings['time_item_find'] = [0.0, 0.0] #[Min, Max]

# How long it takes to check the capcha image and enter a price
settings['time_haggle_item'] = [0.0, 0.0] #[Min, Max]
That good enough xD?

So with Abrosia that would be the General wait delay, Pre-haggle, and OCR page delay, respectively to your timers 

As I understand it, the Abrosia process goes along the lines of:
Refresh until desired item -- Pre-haggle -- OCR -- 5 second delay (with a successful purchase) --  reload shop -- pre-haggle-- etc. 

I didn't know if you could set the timer so it was- x second delay [5 seconds - pre-haggle time] -- reload shop -- pre-haggle-- so that the combined time before it clicked on the item was equal to 5 seconds exactly (with some variation to humanize).

I'm not sure how simple it would be to insert into the program or even how useful it would be, just something that came to mind with reading through other people suggestions. I figured i'd throw it out there and let the more experienced users roll with it  :funone2: Sorry if i'm not being clear it was easier to explain in my head

#86 sourbrick

sourbrick

• 97 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

Scheduling seems a hassle to setup sometimes too. Is it possible to have a simple rest function, for example rest after a certain number of items bought or simply rest after abing for a number of minutes. eg. rest 20 minutes after 1.5 hour ab - user set

It would also be great if the program can indicate if there is a notification on top when messaging or trade post has an offer. And also a Faerie quest completer.

Auto log-off when the aber rests perhaps. I am not sure but does our neo friends see us as online when we are not logged out of prog like abrosia?

Common dailies completer? A simple (done/not done) flag like the date stored in a variable in a file. To make it more human, options like visiting the healing springs, snowager and stuffs. Not really important things though, just for extras if you have more time :D

#87 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

Hey pyro, maybe you could repeat some of the points that's different from the old abrosia? May be clearer when you start work.

#88 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Alright; so i think i have a good start for whats gonna be done. Im going to make a new thread to explain how i will be testing this thins but for now i am going to close this thread. Any absolutely critical points that i have missed can be addressed in an upcoming topic.

~Cody

-Closed-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users