Quantcast

Photo

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

abortion pro-life pro-choice womens rights debate

• Please log in to reply
478 replies to this topic

Poll: Pro-Life or Pro-Choice? (189 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#351 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:58 PM

Yep! Crazy right? My sister-in-law is a huge anti-ultrasound advocate, I'll see if I can find you some of the links she pulls out of no where.

I imagine she thinks it causes harm in the same way x-ray does (although I'm just guessing obviously). I don't think it's strange at all that less-educated people would be scared of it, since it all 'kinda looks alike' if you're not well informed. See-through technology with waves and whatnot

#352 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

Not that I am disregarding mental health but if we're talking about mental health, I don't think a retarded person can decide if she wants an abortion or not (I'm a nurse btw) :p

She meant the emotional damage which could be caused by being forced to carry a baby for 9 months which you don't want or are unable to care for.

#353 WhiteMage

WhiteMage
  • 169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

She meant the emotional damage which could be caused by being forced to carry a baby for 9 months which you don't want or are unable to care for.

Oh. 

Well, I respect people's choice. If they want an abortion for whatever reasons, I am not against their decision.

But if it was me being forced to carry a baby for 9 months and I don't want to care for the baby, I won't go for abortion. I'll just leave the baby in an adoption agency or something because I personally don't think the baby deserves to die forcefully. It wasn't the baby's fault for existing (even if I was raped).

#354 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

Oh. 

Well, I respect people's choice. If they want an abortion for whatever reasons, I am not against their decision.

But if it was me being forced to carry a baby for 9 months and I don't want to care for the baby, I won't go for abortion. I'll just leave the baby in an adoption agency or something because I personally don't think the baby deserves to die forcefully. It wasn't the baby's fault for existing (even if I was raped).

There are plenty of people who would be permanently damaged emotionally from such an experience though, that's the point she was making about harm which isn't necessarily life-threatening. ;)

#355 WhiteMage

WhiteMage
  • 169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

There are plenty of people who would be permanently damaged emotionally from such an experience though, that's the point she was making about harm which isn't necessarily life-threatening. ;)

Yeah. I think everything has its consequences though and people have to rethink things over and over before going for it. 

#356 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

I've had to carry a huge shit for like 4 days, I can't imagine doing that for 9 months.

I have question for people who are suggesting abortion be made illegal or at least restricted.

Are you personally willing to pay for that child's upbringing, because it's unfair to suggest a women should have to be force through 9 months of hell, pop out a sprog and then keep something she didn't want for 18 years?

#357 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

Are you personally willing to pay for that child's upbringing, because it's unfair to suggest a women should have to be force through 9 months of hell, pop out a sprog and then keep something she didn't want for 18 years?

Shouldn't she and her mate have thought about the consequences prior to engaging in activities that could yield such results? 

If you don't want to die of an overdose, don't do drugs. If you aren't fit to raise a child you shouldn't be making one. Unless of course abortion is legal where you live and you're completely fine with using it as a means of birth control, then carry on.

As far as paying for the child, of course I wouldn't want to pay for it. I don't want to pay for the ones that my taxes support now, nor the illegals. But that is a whole new can of worms.

Edited by talbs, 18 July 2014 - 02:26 PM.

#358 WhiteMage

WhiteMage
  • 169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

Shouldn't she and her mate have thought about the consequences prior to engaging in activities that could yield such results? 

But what if she was raped and forced to keep the baby?

#359 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

If you don't want to die of an overdose, don't do drugs. If you aren't fit to raise a child you shouldn't be making one. Unless of course abortion is legal where you live and you're completely fine with using it as a means of birth control, then carry on.

Do you really think all pregnancies were preventable?

#360 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

But what if she was raped and forced to keep the baby?

That's all this thread is though is hypothetical scenarios. Of course that would make it terrible and if abortion is an option that is something she could then decide. I was speaking merely towards consensual sex in my example.

Do you really think all pregnancies were preventable?

Abstinence is 100% effective.

Edited by talbs, 18 July 2014 - 02:25 PM.

#361 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

til you're raped

#362 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

Not exactly a feasible solution given that recreational sex is important for relationships.

#363 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

If only people were all emotionless robots with perfect rationality.

#364 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

If only people were all emotionless robots with perfect rationality.

I'm all for it. I realize it's a pipe dream, but I am just pointing out alternatives.

#365 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

Not exactly a feasible solution given that recreational sex is important for relationships.

Recreational? :p

#366 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

I'm all for it. I realize it's a pipe dream, but I am just pointing out alternatives.

Sexless relationships aren't an alternative for modern society.

#367 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

Recreational? :p

Yes, recreational, not procreational. ;)

#368 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

Sexless relationships aren't an alternative for modern society.

It has a lot to do with your upbringing. While not the norm, I am sure they exist.

Edited by talbs, 18 July 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#369 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

Except it's not a viable alternative. Abstinence-only sex education doesn't work.

#370 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

Except it's not a viable alternative. Abstinence-only sex education doesn't work.

I blame society.

Edited by talbs, 18 July 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#371 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

I blame society.

Well, it's a bit late.

#372 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

It has a lot to do with your upbringing. While not the norm, I am sure they exist.

They may do, but you cannot apply extremities to normality.

#373 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

I was abstinent for over half my life and I haven't gotten anybody pregnant yet so it must work a bit.

#374 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

I was abstinent for over half my life and I haven't gotten anybody pregnant yet so it must work a bit.

Congrats :p

#375 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

You've just been very lucky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users