• Please log in to reply
1621 replies to this topic

#276 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

Wanting a bowl of cereal and discovering there is not enough milk. Suckage.

FUCK. I Knew I forgot something while leaving work today...milk and chocolate syrup. :(

#277 Mandie

Mandie
  • 407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

FUCK. I Knew I forgot something while leaving work today...milk and chocolate syrup. :(

Milk and chocolate syrup at work? Sounds like an interesting work place.

#278 Shikoba

Shikoba
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:36 PM

Slow internet. >.>

#279 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

Walgreens.

#280 MichaelA

MichaelA
  • Very Hard to Shoot

• 484 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

Ants, ants piss me off

#281 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

Walgreens.

So no?

#282 Mandie

Mandie
  • 407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:54 PM

Walgreens.

Ah, come on. I was expecting something more wild than that. Although, I saw wild things at Rite Aid.

#283 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:14 PM

People who walk or jog in the road WHEN THERE'S A PERFECTLY GOOD SIDEWALK RIGHT NEXT TO THEM.

This angers me to no avail because while I am a very defensive driver and am very cautious of pedestrians, some other people can be oblivious and constantly on their cell phones. While it's illegal and you shouldn't do it anyways, legal or not, texting while driving happens a lot and they could very easily not see you and run you right over. Especially when you're jogging off the sidewalk on a 40mph road. It's not like you're in the neighbourhood, though that angers me quite a bit, too when I see it. I also need to veer into the next lane in order to avoid hitting these people. I've even seen people running on the same side as traffic (instead of facing traffic like you're supposed to) during dusk without any reflective clothing with headphones on. So not only can drivers barely see them, they also can neither see or properly hear cars coming right behind them when they're on the road instead of the sidewalk which is again, right freaking next to them.

And who is going to be blamed when they get their asses run over? Right. The driver. Honestly, why do this? Do you have a death wish? Are you suicidal and just can't do it yourself so you need to traumatize someone for the rest of their lives when you inevitably get hit? What the hell.

Also, why am I so concerned with someone else's safety? I really wish I could stop caring. That'd be awesome.

#284 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

I think it was like...Geography or something.

Human Geography specifically so that's a combination of sociology, politics, statistics, economics, philosophy, history, town planning, urban design etc and it was essentially a prerequisite to my entirely vocational Master's course which itself is pretty much mandatory for my chosen profession so it's not like I picked a subject just for the sake of getting a degree and wandered around in hills or plodging in streams for 3 years (as much fun as that would actually be). :p

I got another thing which I've realised both pisses me off and confuses me rather a lot. Drawn-on eyebrows...

#285 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

I got another thing which I've realised both pisses me off and confuses me rather a lot. Drawn-on eyebrows...

what do you mean? This looks perfectly normal to me

Spoiler

#286 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:40 AM

People who walk or jog in the road WHEN THERE'S A PERFECTLY GOOD SIDEWALK RIGHT NEXT TO THEM.

This angers me to no avail because while I am a very defensive driver and am very cautious of pedestrians, some other people can be oblivious and constantly on their cell phones. While it's illegal and you shouldn't do it anyways, legal or not, texting while driving happens a lot and they could very easily not see you and run you right over. Especially when you're jogging off the sidewalk on a 40mph road. It's not like you're in the neighbourhood, though that angers me quite a bit, too when I see it. I also need to veer into the next lane in order to avoid hitting these people. I've even seen people running on the same side as traffic (instead of facing traffic like you're supposed to) during dusk without any reflective clothing with headphones on. So not only can drivers barely see them, they also can neither see or properly hear cars coming right behind them when they're on the road instead of the sidewalk which is again, right freaking next to them.

And who is going to be blamed when they get their asses run over? Right. The driver. Honestly, why do this? Do you have a death wish? Are you suicidal and just can't do it yourself so you need to traumatize someone for the rest of their lives when you inevitably get hit? What the hell.

Also, why am I so concerned with someone else's safety? I really wish I could stop caring. That'd be awesome.

Adding more to this, when people walk across the street when they aren't supposed to. Like they will see a car coming and WHEN THE CAR HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY and still walk wherever the fuck they like.

This was a huge problem when @Dan was driving me around London.. I was thinking no fucking way am I driving here with all these crazy retarded pedestrians!

#287 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:46 AM

Adding more to this, when people walk across the street when they aren't supposed to. Like they will see a car coming and WHEN THE CAR HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY and still walk wherever the fuck they like.

This was a huge problem when @Dan was driving me around London.. I was thinking no fucking way am I driving here with all these crazy retarded pedestrians!

as someone who does this, i would like to apologize.

sometimes cars just wont stop for you, even when the pedestrian has the right of way, so you just have to go.

#288 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:50 AM

Pedestrians should have right of way everywhere! We don't actually have any laws against jaywalking and yet we have a really low road fatality rate (one of the lowest in the world) so it must work. ;)

#289 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

as someone who does this, i would like to apologize.

sometimes cars just wont stop for you, even when the pedestrian has the right of way, so you just have to go.

I've been a both a pedestrian and a driver so I understand. 

Pedestrians should have right of way everywhere! We don't actually have any laws against jaywalking and yet we have a really low road fatality rate (one of the lowest in the world) so it must work. ;)

Still scary as fuck, and still not driving around you crazies :p

#290 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:03 AM

Still scary as fuck, and still not driving around you crazies :p

You'll get used to it when you're over here permanently. :p

#291 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:20 AM

Cars have right of way due to the laws of physics.

#292 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

axNrVLL_460s.jpg

#293 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

Sorry. That's me. All of the time. (I mean, real chance it could have actually been me...). I'm busy, I've got places to be, I'm excellent at darting through traffic.

It does contribute to why I try to avoid driving in London though. :p

#294 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

axNrVLL_460s.jpg

absolutely. 

#295 nerdionsia

nerdionsia
  • 27 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:57 AM

I work in produce, and we have a giant bin of pistachios. No cover on it or anything. It REALLY grinds my gears when people play in it. With. Their. Bare. Hands. We've found legos and other various toys in there. We find empty pistachio shells everywhere. We've tried talking our store manager into getting rid of it. He says no, because he likes to play in it with the scoop. I feel bad for people that actually buy them. Also, people who eat grapes. They're treated with a gas you're supposed to wash off prior to eating them.

#296 Mandie

Mandie
  • 407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

Also, people who eat grapes. They're treated with a gas you're supposed to wash off prior to eating them.

I confess, I do this. I only ever eat one, and it grosses me out to eat anything without washing my hands (or produce). But if I am going to shell out the money for fresh produce, I need to make sure the grapes I am buying are sweet. Can't tell you how many times I buy a bag of grapes only to find out they are too sour for me to eat.

#297 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:39 PM

I confess, I do this. I only ever eat one, and it grosses me out to eat anything without washing my hands (or produce). But if I am going to shell out the money for fresh produce, I need to make sure the grapes I am buying are sweet. Can't tell you how many times I buy a bag of grapes only to find out they are too sour for me to eat.

All the fruit I get that ends up being too poor quality to eat out of hand gets thrown in a smoothie.

#298 Mandie

Mandie
  • 407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

All the fruit I get that ends up being too poor quality to eat out of hand gets thrown in a smoothie.

Love that suggestion! I need to make friends with my blender again.

#299 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

Something that really grinds my gears is when people make promises only to intentionally break them later on.  :angry

#300 nerdionsia

nerdionsia
  • 27 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

I understand eating one, I mean, how bad can one be for you? But HANDFULS?! Not only is that theft, you could potentially get sick. I can't remember what they're treated with. But the bottom of the box says wash prior to eating. Of course, customers never see the bottom of the box, just the bottom of the bag, which says nothing about it. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users