#52 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:51 AM

<_< jesus.....

#53 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:08 AM

Yes, it is our fault things got out of hand. It is our fault no one understands the governmental system of Codex. It is our fault we still have people with issues ranting about when they them selves do not know half the proper story. It is our fault we are not able to disclose every private area of information from the Staff section. We apologize, we are fixing what we can.

No one can deny there are problems with Staff, though you can say the same about all members Raeiphon.

Another thing is, do not discuss matters of the Staff discussion when you your self know nothing of what was going on, and what was said. (Otherwise there may be a leaking issue).

View Post

Yes it is - your mistake.
Yes it is - you dont explain it thoroughly enough.
Yes it is - again you do not tell us the proper story.
Yes it is - you can disclose information that the public needs to know to judge what has happened. We are not staff, therefore we do not strive or need multitudes of power to see it. If I remember correctly, staff have revealed information to show us the full story, thus giving us a clear path to follow.

However, you cover things up with an emotional statement and hope it all flies over.

And yes, there is a leak in the oh-so-impenetrable wall of the staff. Someone is leaking. And I know what the story is, FYI.

Clean and cut: I have a problem with the way the board is run. I do not approve of staff members being able to see personal messages. Codexian staff needs a revamp and a serious look at how the board is run.

#54 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:11 AM

Yes it is - your mistake.
Yes it is - you dont explain it thoroughly enough.
Yes it is - again you do not tell us the proper story.
Yes it is - you can disclose information that the public needs to know to judge what has happened. We are not staff, therefore we do not strive or need multitudes of power to see it. If I remember correctly, staff have revealed information to show us the full story, thus giving us a clear path to follow.

However, you cover things up with an emotional statement and hope it all flies over.

And yes, there is a leak in the oh-so-impenetrable wall of the staff. Someone is leaking. And I know what the story is, FYI.

Clean and cut: I have a problem with the way the board is run. I do not approve of staff members being able to see personal messages and judging people off what they see in there. Codexian staff needs a revamp and a serious look at how the board is run.

View Post

From what I know only admins can see PMs. I think the board is fine, dont like it? There's the door :) .

#55 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:16 AM

Why would I leave? I'll know it'll get better, just the admins need a good boot up the arse to realise it.

#56 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:18 AM

Why would I leave? I'll know it'll get better, just the admins need a good boot up the arse to realise it.

View Post

Constant criticism doesn't help mate :( . At the end of the say its up to admins how the board is run :) .

#57 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:19 AM

Look mate, there is only so much you can do with complaining. Frankly speaking, im tired of hearing those complaints which just say how bad we are at what we do. If you are going to complain in that way, then we dont need your complaints. If you are going to bash us and criticise us constantly, then here is my formal request for you to leave neocodex. However, if you are going to actually suggest things that we can change, then we can get somewhere.

I said this in my original post too, but obviously you didnt read that part ;)

#58 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:19 AM

Critisicm is the boot. Eventually it drives people to change.

And that sounds bit wrong, its an australian thing, besides, boots are cool.

And no pyke, you IMO are one of the better staff.

Dro, read the bolded part of my post :rolleyes:

#59 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:22 AM

Critisicm is the boot. Eventually it drives people to change.

And that sounds bit wrong, its an australian thing, besides, boots are cool.

And no pyke, you IMO are one of the better staff.

View Post

Maybe its time you learned a little respect for those higher up than you? I dont talk like this but im really tired of members thinking they can talk to others any which way possible. Shape up, or ship out.

Read my previous post.

Dro, read the bolded part of my post :rolleyes:

View Post

I did. read the news post :)

#60 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:31 AM

Maybe its time you learned a little respect for those higher up than you? I dont talk like this but im really tired of lower members thinking they can talk to others any which way possible. Shape up, or ship out.

Read my previous post.
I did. read the news post :)

View Post

Okay then,

The administration needs to be a tad more member friendly, like you used to be a year ago.
There needs to be a more of a member toll involved in banning/suspension, like a council to decide if members are banned or suspended.
Moderators need to moderate more.
SuperModerators need to..supermoderate more o.o

Generally alot of other things, like some big projects that lots of members can get involved in, to put some work for the community. I must imagine it sucks to be a member and not be able to do anything for codex.

Possibly a larger and more orginized team on the ezine? With an assistant editor to take the burden of poor old pyke?

#61 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:36 AM

Actually, it seems like you are the only one that has ever told me that I dont respect people below me. maybe you could give me some evidence where I didnt respect someone?

Thanks for your suggestions, to answer them: 1. I havent heard anyone but you complain that we arent friendly. We only get unfriendly when we get personal attacks like you make on how bad we are at doing our jobs. 2. I dont see why I have to ask someone how to act when im paying all the money to run this site. technically then since im paying it all out of pocket, I should be able to make all the decisions. but no, I spread out the power in sheer courtesy for you. and you still want more? give a mouse a coookie... 3. you arent part of staff so you cant really speak on what moderators need to do and not do. 4. see #3.

We constantly release new things that members can do. If you would keep your eyes open a little, youd see these things.

from what I see euphoria, you just like to jump on the bandwagon of things. You like to be where the attention is. I dont know whether you really believe what you are saying most of the time. Other times I know that its complete and utter bullshit. But hey, there are many types of personalities online. If you want to jump on the bandwagon for this one, give us the evidence and we will respond to it :) .

#62 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:39 AM

Krn had a really good idea of having a house of commons/house of lords style thing, so that everyone's views can be got across without the need for massive blow ups. I think it's something you could try out.

#63 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:44 AM

Krn had a really good idea of having a house of commons/house of lords style thing, so that everyone's views can be got across without the need for massive blow ups. I think it's something you could try out.

View Post

Personally I dont like that idea. Its giving the members more power than staff which is just crazy :p .

#64 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:45 AM

Personally I dont like that idea. Its giving the members more power than staff which is just crazy :p .

View Post

Any structure changes like this are up to the staff only and arent open to public debate. Sorry.

#65 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:51 AM

View Post

Not really. The Queen can overrule any decision she wants.

#66 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:58 AM

Ok, but there will be favouritism. Eg; If (for instance) Matt was banned. And we took your idea into action about house of lords. There would be many people saying to unban him, why? Because they would be his friends. Which would throw everything off balance, then we'd have near enough everyone getting away with everything :( .

#67 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:18 AM

But Matt is cool so he wont get banned ;)

#68 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:45 AM

Erm, Matt is actually very surprised Matt hasn't been banned...

And Frosty - from what I've seen there're more people here who dislike me than like me.

#69 SteWieH

SteWieH
  • 3423 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:57 AM

OMG I gotta leave due to pc problems and this? how can ANYOne hate noit? boo on you who don't like him. noit is the best admin besides sl64 and hydro...

#70 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:25 AM

Listen Raeiphon.. if you don't like us logging personal messages (Please note: Only administrators can see the personal messages you send) then why not conduct your messages by another means of communication (this goes for all of you). We feel it is necessary to log personal messages so that we can enforce the board rules into all the aspects of the board.

Like we said once more, if you have a problem with the policy you can express your concern, but we exclusively can choose to follow through with your requests or not. If you don't like our verdict, use another means of communication.

#71 Chris

Chris
  • 2235 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:10 AM

codex was down?

#72 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:12 AM

Yeah. And some evil evil members were suspended....

#73 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:13 AM

codex was down?

View Post

Yes, and it was down for awhile <_<   ;)

Yeah. And some evil evil members were suspended....

View Post

Who :blink:

#74 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:14 AM

Yes, and it was down for awhile <_<   ;)
Who :blink:

View Post

That would be kimmy :p Well, not so much suspended as stepped down.

#75 Chris

Chris
  • 2235 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:16 AM

this was one of the main reasons I decided never to take breaks from codex, I missed so much once again :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users