D'awww, this thread :wub:

Posted Image

#177 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

I think if the two people are adults then go for it but I'm not a fan of teenagers dating online because I've seen a lot of my friends get into it and they end up wasting their years to go out and socialize inside the house staring at a computer screen every day. And the whole predator aspect. No bueno.

#178 infecthead

infecthead
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

If they're both adults and they're not telling any lies online (e.g. they're actually the opposite gender or they're a murdering rapist) then I think it could work. Chances are, if you meet someone online you will have quite a bit in common with each other already, so it'd be much easier to progress a relationship.

If both are willing, go for it!

#179 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

Most people seem to lean towards the pro. Maybe I should start looking out for a codex girlfriend.

Just for the Summer.

#180 MoshZombie

MoshZombie
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

I met my boyfriend online 5-6years ago, we played alot of games together with the same group of friends and I considered him my 'best' online friend that I felt comfortable talking about anything with we had really similar personalities and alot of people have commented on how alike we are. I had boyfriends irl over the years that we knew each other, being the internet and all I never really thought that anything would come of us developing feelings for each other. We knew we liked each other but were never willing to progress it further until we met in person to see how things would go. We did chat on skype etc. But never entered into a relationship, we weren't even really considering it or talking about it til 2 years ago. Early last year I flew down to visit him and we had a great time together and then early this year he drove up to my state and we have been living together ever since very happily. :D

TLDR You can meet on the internet, but if you want to be in a relationship you need to be together in person.

#181 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

Most people seem to lean towards the pro. Maybe I should start looking out for a codex girlfriend.
Just for the Summer.

Last I heard, Pyro699 is single again. Very pretty, imo.

#182 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

Last I heard, Pyro699 is single again. Very pretty, imo.

Unfortunately for Pyro I'm a sapiosexual.

#183 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

I think if the two people are adults then go for it but I'm not a fan of teenagers dating online because I've seen a lot of my friends get into it and they end up wasting their years to go out and socialize inside the house staring at a computer screen every day.

yes. been there, done that :/

wasted 3 years of my life with a guy who cheated on me, never came to my city (I used to go to his 3, 4 times a year) and broke up with me because he was dating someone else... bummer

Edited by rachelsaurus, 11 October 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#184 Kashi

Kashi
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Every relationship sucks. Being in a relationship with someone through the internet just can make it easier for you or your "online significant other" to use an excuse to break up, such as... Distance. Yes, it has happened to me. Yes, it was my ex-boyfriend. And today is the perfect day for me to beat the faq outta him because I'm extremely mad. I don't even see how I didn't kill anyone yet.

#185 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

I could never do an online relationship :p I'm getting annoyed being in a relationship where we only see each other once a week!

#186 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

Been going through some old files going back to the dawn on email. The people I knew that had disaster on the scale Heisenberg far out number those that had a decent ending. People fall in love with the fantasy person, this perfect image they create. They see just enough in the internet friend to believe in that perfect person. Alas, reality is imperfections and flaws, not the perfect persona that was projected. Reality is messy, and people quickly become disillusioned with reality. Nearly all of the times.

#187 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

Been going through some old files going back to the dawn on email. The people I knew that had disaster on the scale Heisenberg far out number those that had a decent ending. People fall in love with the fantasy person, this perfect image they create. They see just enough in the internet friend to believe in that perfect person. Alas, reality is imperfections and flaws, not the perfect persona that was projected. Reality is messy, and people quickly become disillusioned with reality. Nearly all of the times.

You just described offline relationships, too.

#188 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Who says I won't?

Oh Paddy, what could have been eh? :p (I wish I knew why you were supposed to be marrying me, it's so difficult to remember 8 year old conversations when I deleted all my posts that time)

#189 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Remember 8 year old conversations, shoot fire and save matches, when you're married that is one of the prime requirements is that you must remember all important things, and forget the unimportant, and know the difference between the two.

P.S. I said almost all, not all.

#190 Shirwinator

Shirwinator
  • 169 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

IMO I don't trust online relationships. I think it's up to personal opinion though.

#191 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

IMO I don't trust online relationships. I think it's up to personal opinion though.

Strange, I most often don't trust offline relationships :p

I'm beginning to think maybe online relationships are the way to go. Most of my offline relationships always end so terribly, lol. That said, where are all the good looking Sydney codex girls at?? :rolleyes:

#192 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

D'awww, this thread :wub:

Posted Image

I'm marrying mine ♥

#193 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Strange, I most often don't trust offline relationships :p

I'm beginning to think maybe online relationships are the way to go. Most of my offline relationships always end so terribly, lol. That said, where are all the good looking Sydney codex girls at?? :rolleyes:

Hrm.

#194 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Hrm.

:wub:

#195 tehdownloader

tehdownloader
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

There are ups to online relationships, but for the long term I see them as a negative impact overall. I mean, >50% of the time they never work out anyways.

#196 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

I mean, >50% of the time they never work out anyways.

The same could be said for any relationship, online or offline.

#197 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

I personally can't do online/distance relationships, for the simple fact of being away from the person.. different strokes for different folks though I suppose! I should mention I'm not a big fan of relationships in general though, whether it's due to all of my relationships failing, or me being more interested in financial freedom, I'm not too sure!

#198 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

what happens when an online relationship becomes an offline relationship and the dynamics change? And you realise there are sides of them you didn't know about, and don't like? And then you're fucked, lols.

#199 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

what happens when an online relationship becomes an offline relationship and the dynamics change? And you realise there are sides of them you didn't know about, and don't like? And then you're fucked, lols.

The same thing happens in offline relationships.

I swear it's like you guys have never been in a serious relationship.

#200 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

The same thing happens in offline relationships.
I swear it's like you guys have never been in a serious relationship.

I've only been in joke relationships.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users