Quantcast

Photo

The Death Penalty for Rape?

capital punishment rapists rape

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

Poll: Should rapists be considered for Capital Punishment? (87 member(s) have cast votes)

Should rapists be considered for Capital Punishment?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

Posted Image

I felt like this was relevant.
Maybe we should not kill them.

#202 Tokio

Tokio
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:33 AM

Spoiler

This is really fucked up =_= Whenever I read debates on this stuff it messes with me IRL and my heart starts freaking out hardcore lol. A lot of people who talk about things like this have never been in such a terrifying situation and a lot of them never will. It's one of the scariest feelings to get stuck alone with some dude you don't want touching you, someone who could easily overpower you etc.

(longwalloftextbelow im bored its 4:30am)
Spoiler

tldr

In the end, don't think rapists should be subject to the death penalty, they didn't kill anyone and it's not even "an eye for an eye" (which I don't even know if I'd support that either), but all this comparing theft and blah blah blah is kind of degrading u__u. What they take away from a girl by doing such a thing to her is irreplaceable so it is stupid to try to measure punishment and pain/suffering in such a way. Honestly, if I or any other girl (or guy) wanted badly enough to have the guy(s) who hurt them punished, we would "man up" and fight for it and those (not so important) statistics would look better. But really, it's more something to be scared of than something to be mad about, and I think me and a lot of girls would be pretty ok with just never having to see that guy ever again lol. Restraining orders and prison is fine by me. I also heard a bajillion cases of chicks who lie and use this excuse against men when they consented to sex. It's such a grey area and lots of it is based on he said/she said, therefore I don't think the death penalty should be mixed up in something possibly unprovable. You can bust a guy out of prison that you wrongly arrested and pay him a bunch of money to apologize, but you can't bring a dead man back to life

#203 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

I felt like this was relevant.

You were wrong.

#204 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

You were wrong.

What do you think we should do with them then?

#205 Habanero

Habanero
  • 275 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

Leave them in jail?
If prisoners found out they're dead meat either way.

#206 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

Eat them. They're fuckin' delicious.

#207 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

Why does that matter? It's not what this thread is about. If it was, I would point out that pedophilia is not a crime.

#208 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

Why does that matter? It's not what this thread is about. If it was, I would point out that pedophilia is not a crime.

Only the acting upon the unnatural attraction becomes the crime. Understood.

Backing all the way up, if rapist were routinely put to death, then why would any rapist leave their victim alive to testify against them. The same has been said of kidnappers.

#209 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Pedophilia when rape is involved.

Edit: Sorry guys. I realized I should have clarified. That made me look like a jackbutt.

Edited by Ivysaur, 28 July 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#210 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

I'm pretty sure it is, that's why people get arrested for it.

#211 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

Pedophilia when rape is involved.

Edit: Sorry guys. I realized I should have clarified. That made me look like a jackbutt.

Doesn't make your post any less stupid.

I'm pretty sure it is, that's why people get arrested for it.

There's nothing wrong in liking little kids, as long as it stays in your head.

#212 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

The feds would have a field day if they got ahold of my latest Google searches.. Rape, pedophilia.. Heh.

Anyway, apparently it's being used to describe the crime now, at least it is in that dictionary.

The American Heritage Stedman's Medical Dictionary states, "Pedophilia is the act or fantasy on the part of an adult of engaging in sexual activity with a child or children."

Researchers recommend that these imprecise uses be avoided because although people who commit child sexual abuse commonly exhibit the disorder,[7][13][14] some offenders do not meet the clinical diagnosis standards for pedophilia and these standards pertain to prepubescents.[11][15][16] Additionally, not all pedophiles actually commit such abuse.[16][17]

#213 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

The feds would have a field day if they got ahold of my latest Google searches.. Rape, pedophilia.. Heh.

Anyway, apparently it's being used to describe the crime now, at least it is in that dictionary.

The feds have your google searches already. Supposedly they're only checking for terrorist.

#214 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

It even goes on to say that pedophilia is mental (a "disorder") and that not all child sex offenders are pedophiles.

#215 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:26 AM

I would say life sentence with chance of parole, capital punishment seems to easy, and i believe in 2nd chances.

By the time they get out, it would be at least 20+ years? worse if it is California.

#216 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

It even goes on to say that pedophilia is mental (a "disorder") and that not all child sex offenders are pedophiles.

Yeah I read that pedophiles "love" children and think they're doing a good thing but other child abusers go after children because children are weaker and can't defend themselves.

#217 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

My point was people (at least the people who felt it necessary to include that in their dictionary) are using pedophilia to describe the abuse even though initially it was meant just for the disorder. Much like how people say nauseous instead of nauseated, which now seems to be socially acceptable, but not academically correct.

#218 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:45 AM

So you're being deliberately pedantic over an unrelated issue?

#219 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

So you're being deliberately pedantic over an unrelated issue?

^If that was in response to me, my previous response was for Nymh in response to me in response to Nymh :p

#220 Yum

Yum
  • Do not trade with this user

• 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

Kill Them definetely

#221 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Kill Them definetely

Thank you for your contribution.

#222 gummis

gummis
  • 58 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

I think he should fry. We have justifiable homicide but there will never be justifiable rape.

#223 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

Well not to defend statutory rape but what happens to those offenders who get caught simply having sex with individual that is the same age? Do they go through it too?

I don't think the death penalty would be effective because well look at how many people are sitting on death row. What I do find interesting is someone who is chemically castrated. In theory it seems like it would work...lower a mans hormones so much that sexual thought won't cross their mind...but on the flip side that may open the door up to being a much more violent offender.

Aren't their articles out there where men and women were sent to this sort of asylum to be permanently banned from the open public?

#224 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

Rape isn't a big deal. It's a form of assault like any that should be punished like any. The fact that we make rape the MOST HORRIBLE CRIME IN DA WORLD is a byproduct of patriarchal society that any serious feminist should oppose. Violating someone's sexuality isn't the worst thing you can do to them- unless your culture ascribes an unreasonable degree of weight to that sexuality to begin with.

Take men for example. If we heard that a woman would rape us by having sex with us, conventional sex, we'd laugh it off for the most part. Why? We're men. We'd stick our dick in 70% of girls regardless so someone making us stick it in theirs isn't the biggest affront that you can possibly commit against us. Has anyone wondered why it is the most backward patriarchal societies that forbid rape the most fervently, as long as it's not spousal? Rape laws are overblown because they aren't assault laws at all. They are laws protecting property, the property of one man that he will contract through marriage. In a society where genders were equal and where sexuality wasn't prone to taboos and restrictions, rape wouldn't be treated the way it is now.

So y'all freaking the fuck out about rape? Y'all not feminists. Y'all first rate patriarchs.

Also, Mishelle is a liberal variety feminist so most of you are getting a very naive view of what victim-blaming is and why it is such a "bad thing" when we're specifically talking about rape.

Edited by kami12, 21 August 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#225 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:03 AM

Rape isn't a big deal. It's a form of assault like any that should be punished like any. The fact that we make rape the MOST HORRIBLE CRIME IN DA WORLD is a byproduct of patriarchal society that any serious feminist should oppose. Violating someone's sexuality isn't the worst thing you can do to them- unless your culture ascribes an unreasonable degree of weight to that sexuality to begin with.

Take men for example. If we heard that a woman would rape us by having sex with us, conventional sex, we'd laugh it off for the most part. Why? We're men. We'd stick our dick in 70% of girls regardless so someone making us stick it in theirs isn't the biggest affront that you can possibly commit against us. Has anyone wondered why it is the most backward patriarchal societies that forbid rape the most fervently, as long as it's not spousal? Rape laws are overblown because they aren't assault laws at all. They are laws protecting property, the property of one man that he will contract through marriage. In a society where genders were equal and where sexuality wasn't prone to taboos and restrictions, rape wouldn't be treated the way it is now.

So y'all freaking the fuck out about rape? Y'all not feminists. Y'all first rate patriarchs.

Also, Mishelle is a liberal variety feminist so most of you are getting a very naive view of what victim-blaming is and why it is such a "bad thing" when we're specifically talking about rape.

I can only wish there was a way for you to get raped so you would understand how it feels.

I wouldn't necessarily wish death upon a rapist but that doesn't make it "okay" by any fucking means.. but a child rapist yes. If someone raped my two year old son or my 9 month old son.
I would want them dead.

I've been raped. No I wasn't "asking for it". I wasn't drunk. I screamed, and I fought..
It happened regardless because I was weaker than him.

I don't wish him dead, but I definitely do think it was a big fucking deal and he deserves to be in jail.
I felt like I lost control, and my body betrayed me. It was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me.

You don't understand because you're a fucking douchebag, end of.

Edit: Would it be a big deal if some jacked man pinned you down and tore out your asshole Kami? And then finished while he was still inside you? I don't care how graphic it is, I want you to picture that happening to you. Would you still be saying it's not that bad?

Edited by Woug, 22 August 2012 - 04:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users