• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

#101 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

Well Good job. Now that are to scared to post anymore. Oh well. I'm glad you enjoy your elitist status so much just because you have been here longer then they have.

Well, considering it was a topic about Eric's hair, people shouldn't continue to talk about other things that have absolutely nothing to do with his Hair, or HAIR AT ALL. Posted Image

#102 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

But I don't think it was as big as a focus back then. Maybe it's bigger now because there is the almighty Abrosia or whatever :p The popular program. Why have a paid rank for basically one program if the site isn't all about the programs?

Maybe Im just misunderstanding this whole thing.

Neocodex is all about the programs and services now though. Maybe you missed our restructuring in May because we pretty much sacked everything (including our old way of thinking) and essentially started over.

If anything the programs used to be a bigger focus back then, our programming section was very active and we had lots of active programmers around too. I think in the last couple of years we've just gotten used to a programming section which has been less active and forgotten how it was before that. Over the last few months we've been pushing pretty hard to turn it around and it seems to be working up to now.

Yes, because we're focusing on services and products now, not drama and misbehaving noobs, and we're way better off because of it.

Focusing solely on the community in the past was a blunder. The community is important for supporting the well-being of the services that we offer, but this old way of thinking (where we have to sit and think of new ways to entertain people with fancy additions to the community) is long gone. Our theory in May was that all of our focus should be on quality tools and services that people will be able to ready use, and we were willing to bet that the community would grow naturally because of it, and without much intervention from us. For this to work, the things we were producing had to become popular and easy to use.

Another important element behind our new way of thinking is that the staff team must be small, yet efficient. That is why we removed the Moderator rank completely, and only have one SuperModerator with no intentions to bring on any more. That is why we have closed entry into the Junior Programming rank currently, because any larger of a team would be too difficult to manage at this moment in time. That is why we have introduced new ways of developing programs, which include a plethora of useful source code libraries for our team to use, and Subversion (SVN), which I argue is the best thing our team has ever seen as far as productivity goes. :p

The last thing we identified is that whenever times got good, we would just sit back and relax and ride the wave until the site crashed again. We now know that in order for the site to become and remain successful, releases and updates have to be consistent. Same goes with R&D, we always have to have new exciting ideas on the backburner so we can consistently out-innovate competing sites.

We've almost doubled the number of visits we were getting 5 months ago, we're getting better search engine rankings, and we have many many new members. Program updates are happening almost weekly instead of monthly due to the ease of using SVN repositories for our team to collaborate.

I think we're doing great, and it's only going to get better. :p

#103 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

Neocodex is all about the programs and services now though. Maybe you missed our restructuring in May because we pretty much sacked everything (including our old way of thinking) and essentially started over.

Yes, because we're focusing on services and products now, not drama and misbehaving noobs, and we're way better off because of it.

Focusing solely on the community in the past was a blunder. The community is important for supporting the well-being of the services that we offer, but this old way of thinking (where we have to sit and think of new ways to entertain people with fancy additions to the community) is long gone. Our theory in May was that all of our focus should be on quality tools and services that people will be able to ready use, and we were willing to bet that the community would grow naturally because of it, and without much intervention from us. For this to work, the things we were producing had to become popular and easy to use.

Another important element behind our new way of thinking is that the staff team must be small, yet efficient. That is why we removed the Moderator rank completely, and only have one SuperModerator with no intentions to bring on any more. That is why we have closed entry into the Junior Programming rank currently, because any larger of a team would be too difficult to manage at this moment in time. That is why we have introduced new ways of developing programs, which include a plethora of useful source code libraries for our team to use, and Subversion (SVN), which I argue is the best thing our team has ever seen as far as productivity goes. :p

The last thing we identified is that whenever times got good, we would just sit back and relax and ride the wave until the site crashed again. We now know that in order for the site to become and remain successful, releases and updates have to be consistent. Same goes with R&D, we always have to have new exciting ideas on the backburner so we can consistently out-innovate competing sites.

We've almost doubled the number of visits we were getting 5 months ago, we're getting better search engine rankings, and we have many many new members. Program updates are happening almost weekly instead of monthly due to the ease of using SVN repositories for our team to collaborate.

I think we're doing great, and it's only going to get better. :p

Well that all just sucks :p I don't play neopets or anything. I used to just come here to talk. So now I have no reason to be here? You've doubled the number of visits meaning you've doubled the number of n00bs who want programs..

Just saying

#104 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

Well that all just sucks :p I don't play neopets or anything. I used to just come here to talk. So now I have no reason to be here? You've doubled the number of visits meaning you've doubled the number of n00bs who want programs..

Just saying

Noobs do evolve however, I once came for programs.

#105 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:58 PM

Well that all just sucks Posted Image I don't play neopets or anything. I used to just come here to talk. So now I have no reason to be here? You've doubled the number of visits meaning you've doubled the number of n00bs who want programs..

Just saying

I play neopets off and on, but I play legit, without any program assistance. I do think the benefits of the programs are cool, and I can appreciate all the hard work that goes into making them, though I have no intention of using them. I come here to talk, and offer my opinion whether anyone gives a shit or not. There are lots of conversations on this board that never mention neopets, and I especially like when someone shares something new to me, like when Hydro posted the videos of Ricky Gervais' stand up comedy. This board offers a lot. I suggest taking the bad with the good.

#106 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:00 PM

Just saying

That's good, "noobs" using our stuff does things for us (as a site) in the end. They are pricing our database, they are posting on our forums with questions and input to better what we are doing, they are spreading the word of our tools to other sites, and some may buy VIP to access more things.

What exactly does baseless activity do for Neocodex in the end? We, or least I, saw that it brought us back to square one as soon as people leave, so now we're giving a little more base and reason to our activity than just having people coming to randomly talk.

Go ahead and talk in GC and stuff, but that is not our specialty and we were never good at entertaining random talk:

I don't think that the admins were the reason for the high activity we experienced in the past. If you think about it for a minute, Neocodex was always about programs. We weren't a car/truck site, or an adult site, or w/e else. We were a Neopets cheating site. Just the thing is, the members would take it upon themselves to literally entertain themselves. It was self-perpetuating and I'm pretty sure it didn't come from us.

The reason being:
- We didn't have a points system or a huge incentive to post, since private didn't have much in it, so people were just posting for the heck of it.
- We tried introducing things like the Arcade and IB.Store and stuff, but they were all epic fails, so it wasn't our improvements to the site that were spurring people to post.

Unless you can give me a better explanation for what happened, I can only say that the conditions were better then. :/

#107 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

Yes. Having access to your source code has not only helped me learn, but helped me fix other people's issue without you being there. In the future, when I am a good enough programmer, I may even be able to patch programs that are broken.

This is a really cool system. But I think we need to kick the people out of the JR. Programmer... They dont seem to be doing anything :(

Btw. You guys should feel humbled that Shadow is taking the time to give us these posts. Hes drowning in work right now :p

Edited by iargue, 21 October 2009 - 06:36 PM.

#108 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:20 PM

Another important element behind our new way of thinking is that the staff team must be small, yet efficient. That is why we removed the Moderator rank completely, and only have one SuperModerator with no intentions to bring on any more.

... Interesting. Very interesting.

#109 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

Well, if you would have stayed on, we would have two obviously. But we don't really need to look for any right now. :p

#110 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:57 PM

Well, if you would have stayed on, we would have two obviously. But we don't really need to look for any right now. :p

I hate black flame for this :crybaby:

#111 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:47 PM

Noobs do evolve however, I once came for programs.

your still a noob.
just tighter pants :p :p

#112 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:44 PM

your still a noob.
just tighter pants :p :p

Get out of my internet.

#113 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:58 PM

Get out of my internet.

fu

#114 Rambo

Rambo
  • 833 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:55 AM

Posted Image

#115 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:32 AM

Posted Image

IAN!!

#116 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:09 PM

No kidding...
*rereads PMs*

#117 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:31 PM

I think that people should be less anal when in relation to the so called 'spam' posts... I know it can be frustrating at first but at least it's showing that people are making an effort to participate in the community. :thumbsup:

:pirate1:

#118 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:36 PM

I think that people should be less anal when in relation to the so called 'spam' posts... I know it can be frustrating at first but at least it's showing that people are making an effort to participate in the community. :thumbsup:

:pirate1:

I agree. Minus the pirate, because we all know ninjas would win.

#119 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:38 PM

I agree. Minus the pirate, because we all know ninjas would win.

But alas, it isn't about the community, it is about the programs, and that's always how it has been.

Correct?

Conversation is ok. Spamming to spam while trying to hide the fact that you're spamming by saying "I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY" and bragging on your post count for that day, to me is something that I can get a little anal over. (lolz)

It's over with anyway don't know why that is still being brought up.

Programs.

#120 Rambo

Rambo
  • 833 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

IAN!!

Oh, someone remembers me :)

#121 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:32 PM

But alas, it isn't about the community, it is about the programs, and that's always how it has been.

Correct?

Conversation is ok. Spamming to spam while trying to hide the fact that you're spamming by saying "I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY" and bragging on your post count for that day, to me is something that I can get a little anal over. (lolz)

Programs.

legit. negro.

#122 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:45 PM

Correct?

Programs.

Your constant complaining about the programs is turning into spam :(

#123 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:18 PM

raui stomp this mofo

Edited by sonic, 25 October 2009 - 07:19 PM.

#124 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:13 PM

Because the formula is and always has been.

Better programs = more spam

Stomp this mofo? F That G

#125 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:13 PM

Go hang yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users