Photo

Gayness/Homosexuality

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#226 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:31 PM

Religion is fine when people understand that it's just faith, when people start proclaiming their beliefs as fact is when the problems start. ;)

religion as i understand it is a personal faith and personal companionship begtween you and god, so bringing anyone else into it and telling them "YER DOIN iT WrOnG" isn't helping anything...just let everyone do what they want...there's a reason the catholic church isn't popular

#227 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

Wrong. You are not being persecuted, you have been given the opportunity to explain yourself, and all you've managed to do is display your ignorance by dodging perfectly reasonable questions from people you've concluded are beneath you for not being as zealous as you. Next time you want to show what an amazing Christian you are, have some substance to back it up. When you read the Bible, remember Christ's message of love, and stop quoting Christian political talking points that will continue to deprive people of their civil liberties.

God bless! :)

I have explained myself in more ways than one if people are going to continue to ask questions that are trying to disprove the bible when I've answered their questions time and time again and then they look for loopholes to ask the same question again. Why should I if they choose not to believe me when I gave them viable reasons that they should then they should realize it.

#228 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

Sorry for skipping your question )=. I didn't even see that post until now haha. I know the bible is fact because I believe it is God's word.

I believe that's known as a category error.
Belief that it is fact, is not the same as knowledge that it is fact.

#229 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

Sorry for skipping your question )=. I didn't even see that post until now haha. I know the bible is fact because I believe it is God's word.

So you believe that it's fact, that doesn't actually make it fact. Some people believe in unicorns, others believe that humans were actually brought to Earth on a spaceship and killed with hydrogen bombs, others believe in homoeopathy, others believe in leprechauns, just because people believe in these things doesn't mean that any of them are facts (I'm also not saying any of them aren't fact either because I can't prove it).

#230 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

I know the bible is fact because I believe it is God's word.

Holy shit, it's that easy? Let me try!

I know I'm going to win the lottery because I believe it would be awesome.

#231 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

you know what the problem is? you keep "backing up" your beliefs with evidence...the problem is the "evidence" is simply more of your beliefs... that's not the way the world works... you can't back up your beliefs with more of your assumptions

#232 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:45 PM

religion as i understand it is a personal faith and personal companionship begtween you and god, so bringing anyone else into it and telling them "YER DOIN iT WrOnG" isn't helping anything...just let everyone do what they want...there's a reason the catholic church isn't popular

And that reason is: *drumroll* MOLESTATION! Yaaaaay!

I have explained myself in more ways than one if people are going to continue to ask questions that are trying to disprove the bible when I've answered their questions time and time again and then they look for loopholes to ask the same question again.  Why should I if they choose not to believe me when I gave them viable reasons that they should then they should realize it.

You haven't given viable reasons, you've just been plastering the place with your faith. A faith is not fact, no matter how deeply it's branded in your soul. Just because you have faith the bible is the word of God, that does not make it true. Just because millions of people have faith the bible is the word of God, still doesn't make it true. Fact and beliefs, truths and faith. Once you learn the difference, you'll learn how to avoid making yourself a spectacle in debate threads on Neopet Cheating sites, especially when your only argument is what YOU believe to be true.

#233 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:45 PM

So you believe that it's fact, that doesn't actually make it fact. Some people believe in unicorns, others believe that humans were actually brought to Earth on a spaceship and killed with hydrogen bombs, others believe in homoeopathy, others believe in leprechauns, just because people believe in these things doesn't mean that any of them are facts (I'm also not saying any of them aren't fact either because I can't prove it).

You can prove homeopathy isn't a fact :p Well... it's a fact that it exists, but it's also a fact that it's no more effective than eating sugal pill placebos.

#234 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

Holy shit, it's that easy? Let me try!

I know I'm going to win the lottery because I believe it would be awesome.

Oh shit it may just be that easy.
I know If i saw you in real life I'd see a mentally retarded handicapped person (no offence to mentally retarded handicapped people).

#235 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

You can prove homeopathy isn't a fact :p Well... it's a fact that it exists, but it's also a fact that it's no more effective than eating sugal pill placebos.

I personally couldn't be bothered to do the research so I can't claim to know that it's quackery although I believe it to be. :p

I know If i saw you in real life I'd see a mentally retarded handicapped person (no offence to mentally retarded handicapped people).

If all else fails resort to personal insults. Woop!

#236 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:48 PM

Oh, wow, you're an ableist too? I'm really glad you're not on my side.

#237 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

"Verily, verily, this muthafucka is a troll."
- Jesus H. Christ

#238 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

Oh, wow, you're an ableist too? I'm really glad you're not on my side.

Haha stop jumping to assumptions =). All I said is you're probably mentally retarded and handicapped I however, don't discriminate towards them like you discriminate against Christians =).

#239 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:51 PM

I personally couldn't be bothered to do the research so I can't claim to know that it's quackery although I believe it to be. :p

My Mum recently started taking a homeopathic, pill-form remedy to aid bone regeneration (she broke her arm). I looked into the "active" ingredient, and it promotes bone growth if applied externally.
If taken internally, however, it causes liver failure.

So I suppose I should be glad there's no worth to their claims.

#240 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:51 PM

no guys stop persecuting the poor boy! he said "no offence to mentally retarded handicapped people", so in fact he was complementing you :sarcasm:

#241 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:52 PM

- Jesus H. Christ

Amen to that.

#242 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:52 PM

If all else fails resort to personal insults. Woop!
[/quote]

Actually if you look in the other thread dealing with religion I only personally insulted him since he insulted me first =) so no this isn't a last resort insult thing =).

#243 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:53 PM

Actually if you look in the other thread dealing with religion I only personally insulted him since he insulted me first =) so no this isn't a last resort insult thing =).

Isn't "turn the other cheek" a bibly sort of thing?

#244 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Haha stop jumping to assumptions =).  All I said is you're probably mentally retarded and handicapped I however, don't discriminate towards them like you discriminate against Christians =).

But the homosexuals, they're gonna have to use their own separate water fountain, right?

#245 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

My Mum recently started taking a homeopathic, pill-form remedy to aid bone regeneration (she broke her arm). I looked into the "active" ingredient, and it promotes bone growth if applied externally.
If taken internally, however, it causes liver failure.

So I suppose I should be glad there's no worth to their claims.

I bet that was a fun conversation when you found out about her deciding to take those. :p

#246 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

- Jesus H. Christ

I am not a troll am i not entitled to my beliefs. And did this guy not insult me first in the other thread? Cellophane=troll

Isn't "turn the other cheek" a bibly sort of thing?

Yes but Christians can make mistakes in the heat of the moment too =).

#247 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

But the homosexuals, they're gonna have to use their own separate water fountain, right?

we'll just go back to the old days and label the washrooms:

white
colored
rainbowcolored

Edited by pabs123, 18 July 2010 - 04:55 PM.

#248 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:56 PM

I bet that was a fun conversation when you found out about her deciding to take those. :p

Not really... "You know that's a waste of money we really don't have. Here, read this article"... No reply.
*shrug*

#249 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:56 PM

I am not a troll am i not entitled to my beliefs. And did this guy not insult me first in the other thread? Cellophane=troll

Nobody has insulted you, they've only questioned your beliefs because you claim them to be fact and have provided no reliable evidence to support them.

Not really... "You know that's a waste of money we really don't have. Here, read this article"... No reply.
*shrug*

I are disappointed. Almost as disappointing as this homoeopathic banana milkshake...

#250 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

YOU GUYS! YOU GUYS! Calling someone an "emo kid" is the worst insult on teh interwebs! Spread the word, we can't have this happening ever again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users