Photo

Gayness/Homosexuality

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#201 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:06 PM

i am a catholic as in my parents raised me a catholic and i believe in all the morals laid down by the bible... im not blind in faith however, believing everything that big book says and i DON't believe in the church or any other person/institution which thinks it knows the truth and attempts to enforce it upon everyone else making them think they are ignorant and/or naive...i.e you

Like I said you are a Catholic as you were raised as a Catholic however you are not a true believer because you think that "big book" is just a book of morals and that it isn't God's word since you don't believe everything in that "big book" which is the truth you are not a true believer. (=

#202 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER

I'm sorry, but come off it... "not a true believer"? What is this, the inquisition?

It couldn't be the inquisition because nobody expects the inquisition and apparently it's impossible to expect the unexpected so by expecting the inquisition it can't possibly be the inquisition. If you know what I mean.

Like I said you are a Catholic as you were raised as a Catholic however you are not a true believer because you think that "big book" is just a book of morals and that it isn't God's word since you don't believe everything in that "big book" which is the truth you are not a true believer. (=

You seem to have skipped answering my question. How do you know that the bible is fact?

#203 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER

I'm sorry, but come off it... "not a true believer"? What is this, the inquisition?

No it's the truth a true believer would realize that the bible is God's word and not just a "big book" of morals.

#204 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

It couldn't be the inquisition because nobody expects the inquisition and apparently it's impossible to expect the unexpected so by expecting the inquisition it can't possibly be the inquisition. If you know what I mean.

O_o  
Jesus, help me!!!

Edited by punkrockbigmouth, 18 July 2010 - 04:08 PM.

#205 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

That was a tour de force of topical humour. Commendations, sir.

#206 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Yeh I know what you mean it's not the inquisition (=. But in reality you can expect the unexpected (=

#207 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

No it's the truth a true believer would realize that the bible is God's word and not just a "big book" of morals.

Blind faith is not a virtue.

#208 angeladarling

angeladarling
  • 72 posts

You know what really blows my mind? The whole crucifix thing in the movie Stigmata. There is no way they could of put the nails in the palms of his hands. Hmph. Anyways I know nothing about religion and I have never been baptized. I just thought that was interesting. Back to the main topic, just let love be love. You don't chose who you fall in love with, it just happens.

#209 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:09 PM

You know what really blows my mind? The whole crucifix thing in the movie Stigmata. There is no way they could of put the nails in the palms of his hands. Hmph. Anyways I know nothing about religion and I have never been baptized. I just thought that was interesting. Back to the main topic, just let love be love. You don't chose who you fall in love with, it just happens.

Wrists. Crucifixion uses the wrists.

#210 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:09 PM

can you understand that just because someone doesn't believe in what you believe in, they aren't wrong??? i'm a different type of christian. my entire family sees the book as parables which carry in them important messages...shall i tell my grandparents that some snobby kid on the internet whants to let them know that they have lived their life wrong and will be going to hell soon because they aren't "true believers"??come off it already

#211 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

Whilst I am not in possesion of a time machine and can therefore not go back and ask the authors if they meant to say that the man was boning the other man, the careful use of language makes it pretty apparent that he was. As I doubt you bothered to click the link, I shall provide more evidence for this claim:

"A second piece of evidence is found in verse 9 of Matthew’s account. In the course of expressing his faith in Jesus’ power to heal by simply speaking, the centurion says, “When I tell my slave to do something, he does it.” By extension, the centurion concludes that Jesus is also able to issue a remote verbal command that must be carried out. When speaking here of his slaves, the centurion uses the word doulos. But when speaking of the one he is asking Jesus to heal, he uses only pais. In other words, when he is quoted in Matthew, the centurion uses pais only when referring to the sick person. He uses a different word, doulos, when speaking of his other slaves, as if to draw a distinction. (In Luke, it is others, not the centurion, who call the sick one an entimos doulos.) Again, the clear implication is that the sick man was no ordinary slave. And when pais was used to describe a servant who was not an ordinary slave, it meant only one thing — a slave who was the master’s male lover.

The third piece of evidence is circumstantial. In the Gospels, we have many examples of people seeking healing for themselves or for family members. But this story is the only example of someone seeking healing for a slave. The actions described are made even more remarkable by the fact that this was a proud Roman centurion (the conqueror/oppressor) who was humbling himself and pleading with a Jewish rabbi (the conquered/oppressed) to heal his slave. The extraordinary lengths to which this man went to seek healing for his slave is much more understandable, from a psychological perspective, if the slave was his beloved companion."

I don't bother to look at that since I know what's written in the bible he could easily just be a really good friend ever thought about that? It's not all about just being gay or straight there are levels of friendship that know no bounds.

#212 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

I don't bother to look at that since I know what's written in the bible he could easily just be a really good friend ever thought about that? It's not all about just being gay or straight there are levels of friendship that know no bounds.

That sounds like a wishy-washy excuse for "immoral" behaviour, to me.
Private school-boy, are you?

#213 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

You skipped my question again, how do you know that the bible is fact?

#214 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

So...the majority of present day Christians are not true believers? Good to know.

Edit: sorry, I missed this gem:

The language used meant that he was his lover. As you would have gathered had you actually read the words.

Edited by Cellophane, 18 July 2010 - 04:15 PM.

#215 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

can you understand that just because someone doesn't believe in what you believe in, they aren't wrong??? i'm a different type of christian. my entire family sees the book as parables which carry in them important messages...shall i tell my grandparents that some snobby kid on the internet whants to let them know that they have lived their life wrong and will be going to hell soon because they aren't "true believers"??come off it already

snobby kid? I'm not the one acting like the kid you are (and I'm 18 (= haha). Can you not just understand that the bible is the Word of God not a book of parables so in reality if you take God's word for granted you are not a true believer. And yeh you should probably tell your grandparents they've lived their life wrong. But who know if they'll go to hell or not? I am not the judge of that.

So...the majority of present day Christians are not true believers? Good to know.

Edit: sorry, I missed this gem:

The language used meant that he was his lover. As you would have gathered had you actually read the words.

I know what the language says It says those exact same words in the bible and it is translated.

#216 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

the bible is the Word of God not a book of parables

Any reason it can't be... both?

#217 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

Finally I'm done arguing actually if you think I'm wrong I'm wrong but true believers will know I am in the right the bible says that True Christians will be persecuted for their beliefs I guess I am being persecuted for my beliefs right now. If you guys wish to persecute me and believe I'm in the wrong do so (=.

#218 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:20 PM

Finally I'm done arguing actually if you think I'm wrong I'm wrong but true believers will know I am in the right the bible says that True Christians will be persecuted for their beliefs I guess I am being persecuted for my beliefs right now. If you guys wish to persecute me and believe I'm in the wrong do so (=.

You skipped my question again. :( I think you're just intent on hurting my feelings, that's not very Christian of you.

#219 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:21 PM

But who know if they'll go to hell or not? I am not the judge of that.

It's just as well, really.

I know what the language says It says those exact same words in the bible and it is translated.

And you don't think there's a possibility that certain nuances might have been erased by the numerous people editing the Bible throughout history? You know they did that, right?

#220 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:21 PM

Persecution complex, go, go, go!
Don't be pathetic. We're not persecuting you, we're having a discussion.

Discussion in the loosest sense of the word, anyway.

#221 pabs123

pabs123
  • 498 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

lol honestly i think everything in religion is whatever one wants to believe it is...if you believe it's the direct word of God and should be followed to the T no one's gonna stop you, let alone persecute you...all that aggrevates me is when you try to force it on others...let everyone believe what they like, and when you die and realize you wasted your life forcing others to do what you believed was true, you'll realize that letting everyone do their own thing is the way to go

#222 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

lol honestly i think everything in religion is whatever one wants to believe it is...if you believe it's the direct word of God and should be followed to the T no one's gonna stop you, let alone persecute you...all that aggrevates me is when you try to force it on others...let everyone believe what they like, and when you die and realize you wasted your life forcing others to do what you believed was true, you'll realize that letting everyone do their own thing is the way to go

Religion is fine when people understand that it's just faith, when people start proclaiming their beliefs as fact is when the problems start. ;)

#223 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

Finally I'm done arguing actually if you think I'm wrong I'm wrong but true believers will know I am in the right the bible says that True Christians will be persecuted for their beliefs I guess I am being persecuted for my beliefs right now.  If you guys wish to persecute me and believe I'm in the wrong do so (=.

Wrong. You are not being persecuted, you have been given the opportunity to explain yourself, and all you've managed to do is display your ignorance by dodging perfectly reasonable questions from people you've concluded are beneath you for not being as zealous as you. Next time you want to show what an amazing Christian you are, have some substance to back it up. When you read the Bible, remember Christ's message of love, and stop quoting Christian political talking points that will continue to deprive people of their civil liberties.

God bless! :)

#224 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

Zing!

#225 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

Religion is fine when people understand that it's just faith, when people start proclaiming their beliefs as fact is when the problems start. ;)

Sorry for skipping your question )=. I didn't even see that post until now haha. I know the bible is fact because I believe it is God's word.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users