• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#151 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:44 PM

He stole 3 dollars worth of socks and is in jail. Thats all I know.

Because he whipped a gun out, and was recently released from jail.

Thus, life in prison for being a dumbass after he was already in jail for being a dumbass once before.

#152 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:55 PM

This is actually false. At least at any wal-marts I have worked at. There is a certain amount that one must surpass for us to take any legal action. Not going to disclose what amount however, as I'm sure too many people would take advantage of the knowledge.

The difference here is the difference between petty larceny and armed robbery. Big difference.

#153 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:37 PM

See what I mean? It's still funny!

#154 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:32 PM

See what I mean? It's still funny!

>Does not read article he posts except headline

Agreed.

#155 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:21 PM

Since ABing is somewhere along the line of shoplifting, doesn't it make us potential shoplifters in reality? lol.

#156 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:34 PM

Since ABing is somewhere along the line of shoplifting, doesn't it make us potential shoplifters in reality? lol.

If I sent my robot to walmart with money and he bought something for me. Thats not shoplifting....Thats what Abrosia does....

#157 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:40 PM

If I sent my robot to walmart with money and he bought something for me. Thats not shoplifting....Thats what Abrosia does....

That would be awesome...

Only problem might be that the dumbass would accidentally bring back Axe bodywash instead of Old Spice bodywash.

Then I'd have to disassemble him with a chainsaw.

#158 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:42 PM

That would be awesome...

Only problem might be that the dumbass would accidentally bring back Axe bodywash instead of Old Spice bodywash.

Then I'd have to disassemble him with a chainsaw.

Thats sounds like its a user error.... :)

I believe the tech industry calls it ID-Ten-T error.

Besides, have you not seen the axe body wash commercials? The robot was doing you a favor and getting you some action.

#159 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:45 PM

Thats sounds like its a user error.... :)

I believe the tech industry calls it ID-Ten-T error.

Besides, have you not seen the axe body wash commercials? The robot was doing you a favor and getting you some action.

If you have ever smelled Axe, you know the commercials are a lie.

If you have ever used Axe, then you also know the commercials are a lie. Even if you somehow find an Axe scent that doesn't assault the senses, the pleasant odor doesn't last longer than about 10 minutes. Before you're dry and dressed, the scent is gone.

EDIT: Yes I know what an ID-Ten-T error is.

Also... I'm on a horse.

Edited by jcrboy, 22 October 2010 - 07:46 PM.

#160 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:49 PM

If you have ever smelled Axe, you know the commercials are a lie.

If you have ever used Axe, then you also know the commercials are a lie. Even if you somehow find an Axe scent that doesn't assault the senses, the pleasant odor doesn't last longer than about 10 minutes. Before you're dry and dressed, the scent is gone.

EDIT: Yes I know what an ID-Ten-T error is.

Also... I'm on a horse.

I dunno. I dont think tv would lie to me. Its always been so good.

And robots are good at math, maybe his calculations are better then yours?

#161 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:51 PM

And robots are good at math, maybe his calculations are better then yours?

Quality olfactory sensors have yet to be developed to the best of my knowledge. His opinion is moot.

#162 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:54 PM

Quality olfactory sensors have yet to be developed to the best of my knowledge. His opinion is moot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6614567.stm

#163 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

http://news.bbc.co.u...ogy/6614567.stm

That says that artificial olfactory senses are "much less sensitive and able to detect far fewer smells."

This means that an artificial nose MAY be able to tell the difference between two scents, but how would it know what "smells good"?

This is a realm for higher intelligence, not superior logic.

#164 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:03 PM

That says that artificial olfactory senses are "much less sensitive and able to detect far fewer smells."

This means that an artificial nose MAY be able to tell the difference between two scents, but how would it know what "smells good"?

Then perhaps you shouldn't be making it do your shopping for you, if you dont trust it.

#165 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

Then perhaps you shouldn't be making it do your shopping for you, if you dont trust it.

You were the one suggesting sending a robot shopping. I was saying it might not be the greatest idea XD

#166 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:39 AM

Wait, wait, wait... did he just do it again?!

#167 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:33 AM

No. If ABing picked up items from shops for free, THEN it would be shoplifting. Unfortunately, you still are putting neopoints into the items you receive aka PAYING for your goods.
Also- Neopets is not reality. I'm very sorry.
Also- My nose, too, prefers Old Spice to Axe.
Posted Image

#168 leptooners

leptooners
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:21 PM

No. If ABing picked up items from shops for free, THEN it would be shoplifting. Unfortunately, you still are putting neopoints into the items you receive aka PAYING for your goods.

/second

As for what I said that sparked a convo, I didn't get arrested and I know several people who've gotten caught stealing from Wal-Mart that also didn't get arrested, because the amount was under $50. They didn't even call the cops on one of my friends, but unfortunately they did call the cops on me because my mother was being belligerent. But, they didn't arrest me.I simply got a $49.95 "fine" from Wal-Mart in the mail, asking to either pay the "restocking costs" or they would take me to court. I never paid, and they never took me to court.

The only reason that sock guy was arrested was because he was a threat to other peoples' lives. I'm sure, if he didn't have a gun, they wouldn't have found him the next day. And he stole more then $4 worth of socks and shirts. He stuffed tons of them in his pants. Each pair of socks was worth $4, but how many pairs did he have, and what about the shirts?

Edited by leptooners, 23 October 2010 - 12:29 PM.

#169 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

So Wal-mart basically tells officers to arrest shoplifters? Surely that's the police's decision and not the corporation's?

#170 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

So Wal-mart basically tells officers to arrest shoplifters? Surely that's the police's decision and not the corporation's?

They're talking about America, of course it's the decision of the corporations. :p

#171 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:04 PM

Is the decision of wal-mart to press charges or not.

The police will arrest anyone who steals. Its up to the person who was stolen from if they wish to press charges or not.

#172 leptooners

leptooners
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:21 PM

Is the decision of wal-mart to press charges or not.

The police will arrest anyone who steals. Its up to the person who was stolen from if they wish to press charges or not.

Spot on.

#173 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:02 AM

Another reason why America is a stupid fucking country.

#174 BERRIES

BERRIES
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:21 AM

I would never do it. The consequences are just not worth that few bucks. A fine, time behind bars, bad mark in your profile. Is not worth it.

#175 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:35 AM

I've only ever stolen food cause I was broke as hell. That and liquor. But eh. Most of the shrink is from professional shoplifters and employees. They're not too worried about that bag of pasta or that 1/5th of Smirnoff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users