The last 6 warns.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

#1 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

The last six warns have all been regarding a single person, and their behavior.

This shows a high level of disruption amongst the community as there hasn't been a case in years of multiple people being warned over the same person, and as such, I feel as though something extra should be done to prevent this kind of behavior elicited from members.

Do you feel as though actions should be taken to prevent this from happening again, and if you do, what should be done?

TL;DR Someone posted stupid comments to the point were 6 people received warns due to his behavior and their reactions. Should further action be taken.

THIS IS A DISCUSSION ON THOUGHTS AND IDEA'S ONLY. IT DOES NOT IMPLY THAT ANYONE IS GUILTY OF DOING WRONG, THAT ANYONE SHOULD BE PUNISHED FURTHER, OR THAT THE STAFF IS NOT DOING THEIR JOB. THIS IS SIMPLY TO GAIN AN OPINION ON WHAT THE COMMUNITY FEELS SHOULD BE DONE IN A SPECIFIC SITUATION. THE ADMINISTRATION IS NOT LIKELY, NOR REQUIRED TO ACT ACCORDING TO THESE STANDARDS, AND NOTHING SHOULD BE EXPECTED OF THEM.

#2 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

I feel that it was actually quite refreshing to see all of Codex united on the same front against a common enemy. Brought together a sense of community and helped strengthen our bonds.

#3 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

This tells you that that person has done their job and did what he wanted to do. Troll everyone. Congrats to him.

-edit- 400th post, should have used it on something better. Oh well.

Edited by Futurama, 22 August 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#4 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Warned members can pm me for troll handling tips

#5 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

You're just mad because you couldn't get multiple people warned.

#6 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Warned members can pm me for troll handling tips

Hey Scot, what is OVH Systems, I've never heard of it...that's an insane download and upload.

#7 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hey Scot, what is OVH Systems, I've never heard of it...that's an insane download and upload.

OVH Systems

#8 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

OVH Systems

:lol2:

#9 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

I feel that it was actually quite refreshing to see all of Codex united on the same front against a common enemy. Brought together a sense of community and helped strengthen our bonds.

At least it's not you anymore.

#10 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

how come V is jumped on nearly every time he posts something retarded and he gets warned, but this guy is still here?

That would be because Valentine has been warned many times both verbally and officially to change his behaviour but he's continued despite those warnings. We were actually quite lenient with him to begin with but he escalated into personally insulting and harassing a member regularly which is quite different to what has happened more recently.

#11 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

On the other side of things, something really needs to be done about him. He's at -162 rep, and to be honest Codex is fast becoming a place that I no longer enjoy being a part of.

Wouldn't adding him to your ignore list fix everything? I have him on mine and until the reports started coming in, I really didn't give a damn what he was posting. :S

Bans are usually given either for bannable offenses, or when the person reaches 100% warn. Right now, "trolling" is not a bannable offence, since trolling seems to happen on occasion and a very subjective thing, and they usually end up breaking forum rules to solicit responses anyway. That is the assumption we made about the trolling "rule", and so far that assumption has proven correct: kami12 broke rule 5.3, which on the first offence calls for a good talking to, and two instances of 5.1 which got him 20% and a suspension. We know that he is stirring the shit. We are currently reviewing the General Debate forum guidelines, and other things.

Just don't stoop to his level because you don't want him here because that does no good. Dealing with these people in a consistent manner is the only way that we are going to keep bias and emotions out of moderating as much as possible, because unfair moderation is bound to cause problems someday.

#12 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

I actually like that this topic was made, but because you were the person that made it I fear that it's going to become a flame fest :(

I don't mind my warn, I did deserve it because I let him get under my skin a little and acted out of distaste for his constant spamming and disruptive posts. Well, that and I don't appreciate someone calling people I like idiots.

On the other side of things, something really needs to be done about him. He's at -162 rep, and to be honest Codex is fast becoming a place that I no longer enjoy being a part of.
Other people here (V&CT) haven't disrupted us all as much as this one guy, so how come V is jumped on nearly every time he posts something retarded and he gets warned, but this guy is still here?

everyone knows you mean armand and coltom, might as well use the whole name. Also, valentine was openly aggressive towards a member at first(op) and then the forum, this other guy was just acting like a moron.

#13 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

I think he just needs to go.
I don't even like posting anymore.

-162 rep, 6 people warned over him, including 2 staff..
Something has got to give.

#14 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

TL;DR Someone posted stupid comments to the point were 6 people received warns due to his behavior and their reactions. Should further action be taken.

The people who got warned were not warned due to his behavior, but because of their own behavior. All of them have expressed understanding of this, it seems that it's only the people who didn't participate in this behavior who don't understand this.

#15 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

Mmmm... in my opinion, if some poster is clearly just posting a bunch of dumb flamebait bullshit and it's causing something on the same level as kami's stuff, I think it's best to just ban the troll/take away their forum/PM/etc access and move on :p And okay, sure, sometimes posting how you really feel about someone can go far enough to break the rules (that's great for things outside of obvious flamebaiting), but! That's going to happen if someone is trying to rile people up, they want you to post that kinda thing, and if that's happening then it should just be stopped right there and then~

Also an autoban on -100 rep would be good! ^^

#16 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

I think he just needs to go.
I don't even like posting anymore.

-162 rep, 6 people warned over him, including 2 staff..
Something has got to give.

Again, ignore list. It will be like he's not even there. And like I said, he will get himself in trouble.

#17 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

Again, ignore list. It will be like he's not even there. And like I said, he will get himself in trouble.

How do you put people on the ignore list? It's been a while since I did it.

Found it.

Edited by Napiform, 22 August 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#18 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

Also an autoban on -100 rep would be good! ^^

Category: ways to ensure rep abuse

#19 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

How do you put people on the ignore list? It's been a while since I did it.

Found it.

http://www.neocodex.us/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=ignoredusers (for the others)

#20 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

The people who got warned were not warned due to his behavior, but because of their own behavior. All of them have expressed understanding of this, it seems that it's only the people who didn't participate in this behavior who don't understand this.

Please read clearly that it says "their reactions" if his behavior was different, none of them would have ever reacted in the method that they did. It was the behavior of a single member that caused everyone else to act in the same method. I'm not saying that the warns were wrong, or that they were undeserved. I'm saying that everything was directly caused by a single persons actions, and as such, should something be done about this?

#21 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

For anybody wanting to add him to your ignore list:

http://www.neocodex....ea=ignoredusers

I'd recommend as many people as possible add him. :)

#22 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Kami, congratulations, you are the first person on my ignore list.

#23 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

I feel like a certain person is troll baiting people into arguments just to get to 500 posts faster instead of actually contributing something positive to the forum. The ignore feature doesn't really work considering you can still see their posts when people quote them, but I still attempt to restrain myself and not say anything because this person has made it glaringly obvious that facts and tact do not matter. It's a waste of time. That's why I've attempted to go out and make more threads that people can participate in over arguing with a blatant troll.

#24 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Would you be happy losing members here because of all of this?

I highly doubt we'll actually lose any actual community members over this. To even insinuate such a thing is ludicrous.

Real community members know that people like kami12 come and go but we are a community, we stick together in the end even if we have someone annoying us.

#25 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

I feel like a certain person is troll baiting people into arguments just to get to 500 posts faster instead of actually contributing something positive to the forum.

He'll never get voted in to Advanced+ now anyway. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users