Photo

The Iron Thread

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#151 Arshark

Arshark
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:12 PM

Lifting things just makes my arms soar, then the next day or two afterwards, I can't move em :D

#152 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:13 PM

Lifting things just makes my arms soar, then the next day or two afterwards, I can't move em :D

Sore*

#153 Arshark

Arshark
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

Lol, how do you know I wasn't talking about how my arms "soaring" up into the air and not being able to move them once in said position?
(Although that does sound stupid!)

#154 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

what does this mean

#155 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:36 PM

what does this mean

Lettuce be reality, you belong in the pink dumbbell thread.

#156 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:49 PM

Lettuce be reality, you belong in the pink dumbbell thread.

i dun goof'd

#157 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:35 PM

I don't work out :( I should though, I personally would look great :D

Quote of the day. Appearance matters unfortunately.

#158 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:39 PM

Quote of the day. Appearance matters unfortunately.

disregard girls acquire aesthetics

#159 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:59 PM

Anyone want to post up their lifting numbers? Maybe we at the forums can help (: Favorite workout day tomm *__* leg days yayyy (: rawrr

#160 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:04 AM

Anyone want to post up their lifting numbers? Maybe we at the forums can help (: Favorite workout day tomm *__* leg days yayyy (: rawrr

whats urs!

#161 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:05 AM

Plate 35 on the bench, trying to hit 2 plate for 4 sets of 5 reps.
Getting power before going for endurance, your thoughts on endurance vs power?

#162 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:08 AM

Maybe you have a alien growing inside of you?

#163 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:10 AM

Maybe you have a alien growing inside of you?

:unsure:

#164 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:13 AM

I do both between my program splits, but you should really have endurance before you try to do good lifting. I remember when my triceps used to give out before my chest did during Incline Benches -_- Probably for the summer I was doing more endurance kinda workouts, then went onto a power-lifting regimen, and now for the winter I'm doing a lot of high volume. But in the end its really a preference, and how your willing to put into lifting.

#165 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:15 AM

I do both between my program splits, but you should really have endurance before you try to do good lifting. I remember when my triceps used to give out before my chest did during Incline Benches -_- Probably for the summer I was doing more endurance kinda workouts, then went onto a power-lifting regimen, and now for the winter I'm doing a lot of high volume. But in the end its really a preference, and how your willing to put into lifting.

I'm thinking pure power first, as much as the body can handle then slowly work up the reps from there..
Not sure if that's too much strain on the body or what but it seems satisfying to be able to 2 plate that shit, but I might do some isolation on the triceps and such to strengthen them first before trying to power my way through.

#166 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:23 AM

I'm thinking pure power first, as much as the body can handle then slowly work up the reps from there..
Not sure if that's too much strain on the body or what but it seems satisfying to be able to 2 plate that shit, but I might do some isolation on the triceps and such to strengthen them first before trying to power my way through.

Do you have a program you follow or do you just go to the gym and lift? Whats really your goal at the end?

#167 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:54 AM

That's how I was when I came back from my injury D: My arms couldn't support the weight I was benching, my lower back was getting more of a workout then my hammys for stiff-legged deadlifts, my biceps would give while working back. I just kept at er though and now I'm starting to feel it in the right place :) Back day today! I'll post my lifts when I get back, they're terrible though! Actually they're getting pretty close to what they were before the injury, I'm kinda surprised how fast I gained it back.. Muscle memory I guess!

#168 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:27 PM

im actually goin endurance before power. halfway through endurance 10x10's. pretty good results so far. apparently if you build up endurance before power, you'll be able to push more weight.

I prefer to touch the chest but that's because my arms are shorter compared to 6ft+ people who already feel a good movement at 90 degrees.

wasnt my idea, it was jakes i think

90 degrees on flat bench, touch chest on incline. i know what you're thinking "neobrah! but i've seen all those buff guys in the guy and professional bodybuilders touch their chest on flat bench!" well this is simply because their chest is so huge when they touch their chest on flat bench it ends up being 90 degrees anyways. i know some other people are going to say "but full range of movement equals full range of development," this is truely a controversial matter and perhaps personal preference.

the new patrick bateman!

On the topic of crunches... The Iron Guru (BBer back in the 40-60's) Vince Gironda said that crunches would cause the hips to tilt forward due to shortening of the hip flexors. This would cause the unaesthetic look where the guts spill out (not to be mixed up with hgh/insulin gut) and the glutes to stick out. He then invented what is known as "frog crunches" which keep the body from activating the hip flexors during a crunch movement.

Simple cross your legs
and do your crunch while keeping your back against the floor ( this really strengthens the deeper layer of abdominals)

ouch how long has it been?

i've had two friends tear their r/cs as well it's a real dampener on your chest and shoulder sessions. have you looked into all the 5lber exercises where you wave the weight around?

5'6', if i didnt touch i dont tihnk i would be doing much of anything.

frog crunches, you do not cross your legs. in the typical crunch position. you start with the crunch, simultaneously you bring your legs to your chest as well as bring both arms to your legs (arms straight out). if you you guys want abs, focus on diet, and compound movement to lose the fat. you will never see your abs if theres a fat layer on top.

Yeah sometimes I question myself with all the caffeine.. specially on the days where you don't take it, and theres no way you can work out because you rely on the caffeine. Oh well guess it's better then steroids :p

tip on preworkouts. instead of using them you can pump yourself up with music or and im letting you guys in on a secret. when you're lifting imagine a million people watching you and you must complete the reps and weight to win a million dollars. if that doesn't work try this, it sounds messed up but i use it when i need to get the reps. pretend a guy is pointing a gun to your families heads, if you don't finish the reps they die. this is some disturbing logic i use, but guaranteed ur pumping the reps out.

You aren't getting all the minerals and vitamins you need. You're peeing out 99% of it while throwing away money. You'd be better off having 1 random fruit or vegetable a day instead

free weights>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>machines

as a fellow miscer i'd like to say. free weights and machines are equals. yes free weights stabilize your muscles and use more muscles etc, but machines are made specifically to isolate your muscles. if you're doing dumbell bench, you're likely to involve shoulders, and arms as well as your chest. go on the machine i guaranteed that you'll feel it more in your chest. also with machines you can increase weight and work without a spotter.

#169 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:29 PM

tip on preworkouts. instead of using them you can pump yourself up with music or and im letting you guys in on a secret. when you're lifting imagine a million people watching you and you must complete the reps and weight to win a million dollars. if that doesn't work try this, it sounds messed up but i use it when i need to get the reps. pretend a guy is pointing a gun to your families heads, if you don't finish the reps they die. this is some disturbing logic i use, but guaranteed ur pumping the reps out.

I got the best pre-workout music :) And going into a working set my mental state is better then almost anyones :shifty: The pre-workout just make me even more in the zone, and give me a crazy pump :drool:

#170 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:32 PM

I got the best pre-workout music :) And going into a working set my mental state is better then almost anyones :shifty: The pre-workout just make me even more in the zone, and give me a crazy pump :drool:

what type? i transitioned into trance, house music, nothing can beat it.

#171 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

what type? i transitioned into trance, house music, nothing can beat it.

Depends on my mood, normally rap, eminem in particular, songs I can relate too. Or if I'm going into the gym in a pissed off mood, songs that remind me of my exs. And sometimes I just feel chill and some good old.. pop? Or whatever that stuff is on the radio station I listen too lol, just stuff I can sing along to :D

Down With Webster gets me really pumped after watching them live as well!

#172 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

lol last time i went to the gym without my ipod, i was struggling with my last set of squats and they played justin bieber's somebody to love. seriously, how do they expect people to work out to that garbage.

#173 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

I actually take 3 scoops of jack3d and My heart will go on - celine dion intra workout

#174 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:48 PM

whats urs!

Well today was great -_- the snow kept me on the road for about 3 hours total before I could even get to the gym! and boy was my ass sore, and tired
Squats
135/20
225/12
275/12
405/12
405/12
455/5
Front Squats
135/12
185/8
225/8
275/8
Leg Press
270/12
270/12
360/12
Leg extentions
whole rack 10 reps 3 sets
then stretched....what a shitty day to lift -_-

#175 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:48 PM

Double Post

Edited by dk8932, 16 December 2010 - 07:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users