The Workout Thread!

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#126 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

That's what I did last night. I love to ride my bike on our bike trail, but can't get my bike there without a bigger vehicle. I biked 9 miles at the gym last night. It's not a lot, but it was 30 minutes of cardio.

Congrats to you! I know cutting out sugar and carbs will help soooo much. I haven't had a lot of carbs lately and I can tell a difference overall.

Nice!! It's easier on the knees too :3
Though...running is good for your obliques.

My target is a minimum of 20 miles a day. :3
Gonna have to work my way up slowly though ^_^

Agreed, biking is excellent! I was a track runner, so I try to run as little as possible because I hate it now :p So biking is always good.
You can get to 20 miles faster than you think! If you get into it, bike tours are a load of fun to do. I dabbled when I was younger but haven't done anything in awhile with it...

Also, if you wanna hit obliques hanging leg raises work well.

#127 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

Nice!! It's easier on the knees too :3
Though...running is good for your obliques.

My target is a minimum of 20 miles a day. :3
Gonna have to work my way up slowly though ^_^

I do oblique reps on this piece of equipment at the gym. I'm not sure what you call it, but I do both sides for obliques and also my lower back.
It must be working, because I see more definition in my abdomen.

I have a bike, but at the size I still am it's uncomfortable and difficult to ride. I can manage about 10mins on it before I'm about set to collapse and need my saddle sore kissing better =\
I'm going to try walking around the block and such until I can build my fitness up a little.

I pretty much live on chilli, it's the only thing I've found since moving to America that doesn't make me ill/sick/or taste weird.

My daily intake is:
Morning : Cup of blooming tea and a granola bar of some sort or a banana
Lunch : Tea with omelet or salad
Dinner : Sweet tea with whatever my mother-in-law is cooking. Normally chilli, veggie soup or salads.

Occasionally I'll give into my sweet tooth and have a bite-size cupcake (I cut out having the regular sized ones that I LIVED on)

I also drink 2 probiotic drinks a day alongside taking multi-vitamins.

Spicy stuff, like the chili, is a good metabolism booster! Sounds like what you're doing is working! Omelets are good for your protein. Is the salad with darker greens?

#128 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

Agreed, biking is excellent! I was a track runner, so I try to run as little as possible because I hate it now :p So biking is always good.
You can get to 20 miles faster than you think! If you get into it, bike tours are a load of fun to do. I dabbled when I was younger but haven't done anything in awhile with it...

Also, if you wanna hit obliques hanging leg raises work well.

Hehehe I did XC so..i think I've run enough xD YOU KNOW MY PAIN!
I really would love to bike to San Diego (I live in los angeles).
Yeah! I've actually been doing those :) (I do the alphabet twice.)

I do oblique reps on this piece of equipment at the gym. I'm not sure what you call it, but I do both sides for obliques and also my lower back.
It must be working, because I see more definition in my abdomen.

Could you possibly find a picture of it? I've actually never heard of a oblique machine :o

I have a bike, but at the size I still am it's uncomfortable and difficult to ride. I can manage about 10mins on it before I'm about set to collapse and need my saddle sore kissing better =\
I'm going to try walking around the block and such until I can build my fitness up a little.

Great! What's important is the fact that you are willing to make a start (:

#129 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

Random, you get supplements for free? hook a brother up!
As for bb vs db comparisons, I bench 225 lb for 8, and db 80's for like 12, but for some reason i can't get past 4 with the 90s, and my gym doesn't have any 85s -.- but now that I'm home and can eat whatever/whenever I want I'm hoping my strength will go through the roof

Nice Kiwi! that's an insane amount of weight to lose in one month.. good job!

And Ivy, I feel your pain on the cleans! honestly probably the hardest exercise to master

I'm also taking 1MR as a preworkout at the moment, but my friend just bought a new one for me down in the states called "Intraflex Hypermia and testosterone enhancing PW" Hear anything about it? He tried it today and said it was amazing, but after reading some reviews online I'm kind of worried about it lol..

#130 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

Random, you get supplements for free? hook a brother up!
As for bb vs db comparisons, I bench 225 lb for 8, and db 80's for like 12, but for some reason i can't get past 4 with the 90s, and my gym doesn't have any 85s -.- but now that I'm home and can eat whatever/whenever I want I'm hoping my strength will go through the roof

I'm also taking 1MR as a preworkout at the moment, but my friend just bought a new one for me down in the states called "Intraflex Hypermia and testosterone enhancing PW" Hear anything about it? He tried it today and said it was amazing, but after reading some reviews online I'm kind of worried about it lol..

I can only do it US side, brah. I actually just sent out 15 free supps to people around the US through the company. They only have to do a webcam review for them.
Okay, so I'm thinking I should start pushing my BB since I usually only bench 185 5x5 or 175 4x12 where I'm doing 70s 4x5 easy and struggling on the last set.

1MR is pretty extreme as it is on a full serving. Pretty sure whatever the fuck your friend gave you is steroids :p
Jokes aside, TBoosters are unnecessary for people our age.

#131 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Could you possibly find a picture of it? I've actually never heard of a oblique machine :o

Posted Image

This is the closest I could find to it. I'm lazy.

#132 Valderino

Valderino
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

Woke up at 4 PM, ate a few bags of Doritos while watching How I Met Your Mother re-reruns, reached up to turn on the light as the clock struck 10 PM (I call this high intensity interval training as it is the highlight of my workout) I then fell asleep on the couch around 9AM after watching a few more episodes. That's my daily workout.

Lol, not really, I bike every once in a while, but it's pretty difficult to maintain physical activity while fasting.

#133 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

Posted Image

This is the closest I could find to it. I'm lazy.

I have never seen one of those xD

Lol, not really, I bike every once in a while, but it's pretty difficult to maintain physical activity while fasting.

Are you Muslim?
(Unless I'm mistaken, Muslims are fasting right now. I don't mean this to be mean D: )

#134 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

I have never seen one of those xD

Dood. I know it doesn't look like much, but when I go to the gym I do three reps of twelve on both sides of obliques and lower back. Sometimes more. It works! So I keep doing it, lol.

#135 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

For the newbie home exercisers like me who hate going to gyms (and hate the creepy guys at gyms D:), you can try out the workouts at http://www.hasfit.com . It gets you up and active, and it starts off real gentle like, so you won't feel demotivated. Just keep doing them every day, 15-25 minutes a day, just to get that body working. I'm hoping to graduate to something more intense after I get through all the vids there, which should take a few months for me :p All these people with their workouts on here were making me jelly. Now I don't feel left out :p

Edited by Ladida, 26 July 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#136 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:29 AM

For the newbie home exercisers like me who hate going to gyms (and hate the creepy guys at gyms D:), you can try out the workouts at http://www.hasfit.com . It gets you up and active, and it starts off real gentle like, so you won't feel demotivated. Just keep doing them every day, 15-25 minutes a day, just to get that body working. I'm hoping to graduate to something more intense after I get through all the vids there, which should take a few months for me :p All these people with their workouts on here were making me jelly. Now I don't feel left out :p

You could always go to an all female gym away from the prying eyes of guys like me....errr...i mean, creepy pervy guys.

Random, would you recommend taking supplements? Currently I just take whey protein after the gym- seems to do just fine for me and my body. Although I'm trying to bulk up a bit and eating 24/7 is proving to not be effective, I think in the last year I've only put on like 6 lbs or something stupid lol.

#137 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

Just finished my HIIT for the day. 5 rounds of sprinting ~150 - 200 m, while walking back the distance as my recovery. Now I'll just do uneven pull ups (one hand grabs the bar, the other grabs the towel around eye level) whenever I pass by my pull up bar.

Great job Sarah (Kiwi) on the weight loss, 14 - 18 lbs in a month is great progress. It's always a nice feeling to have positive reinforcement to know that what you're doing is actually benefiting you to keep going.

For home workouts bodyrock is a great source for inspiration. Most of them are only 15 - 20 minutes long and require very little equipment. Although sometimes I wonder if Zuzana's videos are only popular because of all the T&A shots...

Edited by rocketgoboom, 27 July 2012 - 08:25 AM.

#138 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

You could always go to an all female gym away from the prying eyes of guys like me....errr...i mean, creepy pervy guys.

Random, would you recommend taking supplements? Currently I just take whey protein after the gym- seems to do just fine for me and my body. Although I'm trying to bulk up a bit and eating 24/7 is proving to not be effective, I think in the last year I've only put on like 6 lbs or something stupid lol.

Whey is definitely key for after the gym...protein is important for muscle growth but I think that you should get your diet in order first and foremost. What you're eating and how much is what's important. You should probably figure out your BMR and Macronutrients if you're really trying to bulk up.

I'm eating about 2800-3000 calories a day to maintain where I'm at because I want to stay lean until the summer is over. Afterwards I'll be trying to take in 3500+ daily to get a bunch of weight for the winter. I make sure that my macros are satisfied each day as well, although I supplement the protein macros with the soy/casein a lot.

Mass gainers are a good supplement if you want to pack on some pounds, though. Just don't get vanilla ever, it's gross :p

Calories that you eat are better than calories that you drink, though!

#139 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

1MR is pretty extreme as it is on a full serving. Pretty sure whatever the fuck your friend gave you is steroids :p
Jokes aside, TBoosters are unnecessary for people our age.

I think it might be steroids LOL.. I read some reviews from people who said they found their balls tighening up ha..
Anyway I was more looking for it for the preworkout side of it.. I don't fully believe in nat test boosters anyway lol

Worked legs for the first time in a LONG time today.. never worked legs while I was at work because they were too dead from work itself.. they feel like jello right now.. not looking forward to the next few days of walking :(

I also just set up my new diet, 6 meals a day, 2.5-3 hours apart, somewhere between 60-90 grams of carbs/protein per meal.. going alright so far but I'm really bloated lol.. probably will be for the first few days

Random do you know any good accurate bmr calculators?

#140 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

I think it might be steroids LOL.. I read some reviews from people who said they found their balls tighening up ha..
Anyway I was more looking for it for the preworkout side of it.. I don't fully believe in nat test boosters anyway lol

Worked legs for the first time in a LONG time today.. never worked legs while I was at work because they were too dead from work itself.. they feel like jello right now.. not looking forward to the next few days of walking :(

I also just set up my new diet, 6 meals a day, 2.5-3 hours apart, somewhere between 60-90 grams of carbs/protein per meal.. going alright so far but I'm really bloated lol.. probably will be for the first few days

Random do you know any good accurate bmr calculators?

What's your total protein, seems like it may be a bit much unless you're like 6'6" 260 :p

http://forum.bodybui...php?t=121703981
That's what I use.

#141 Valderino

Valderino
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

Are you Muslim?
(Unless I'm mistaken, Muslims are fasting right now. I don't mean this to be mean D: )

Haha, no worries. :D I am Muslim, it's Ramadan, and it's really tiring. xD At least it really gives me a chance to watch what I eat. No more frivolous snacks!

#142 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

I was trying to get between 1.5g-2g of protein/lb, so i multipled that and got something like 320 I believe? then divided that by 6 meals.. but some meals have less and some have more.. I should've put 40-90g per meal, I think I was suppose to average around 65/meal

Thanks for the link, I'll go check it out now

#143 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Haha, no worries. :D I am Muslim, it's Ramadan, and it's really tiring. xD At least it really gives me a chance to watch what I eat. No more frivolous snacks!

Hahaa. You fast from sunrise to sundown no?

Just don't lift weights that are cclose to your max.
Last thing you want its to black out.

#144 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

Posted Image

#145 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Well just did what I could do before I have to leave for work...60 sit ups. 20 at a time. Not much, I know.

#146 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

Legs are killing me from yesterday's leg day :)
Might take today off because of time constraints...will probably do an unholy hundred if I do.

#147 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Still sore from the wod at crossfit yesterday:

10 Deadlifts
20 Pullups
30 Box Jumps
40 KB Swings
50 Tuck Jumps
40 Swings
30 Box Jumps
20 Pullups
10 Deadlifts

#148 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

10 Deadlifts
20 Pullups
30 Box Jumps
40 KB Swings
50 Tuck Jumps
40 Swings
30 Box Jumps
20 Pullups
10 Deadlifts

Crossfit is brutal.

#149 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

10 Deadlifts
20 Pullups
30 Box Jumps *
40 KB Swings *
50 Tuck Jumps *
40 Swings
30 Box Jumps
20 Pullups
10 Deadlifts

Care to explain the ones I put a star next to?

#150 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

Care to explain the ones I put a star next to?

A box jump is jumping on a box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0jalJ-3e7U this is a kettlebell swing (not recommended for testicles)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOKfd7ZIFZI this is a tuck jump, i.e retarded.

I wonder if by 20 pullups, Lineage means 20 kipping pullups. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users