Photo

The Workout Thread!

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#176 GoGoGoJon

GoGoGoJon
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

Any 10k runners wanna share their training schedule with me?

I want to start trying 10k's, I've done many 5k's before

I'm able to run everyday until high school resumes

#177 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

I did my usual sit ups, jumped up to 75 sit ups now. Was at 60. Did some more scissor kicks and did a ton of heel touches lol. Plan to work out my upper body tomorrow.

#178 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

Any 10k runners wanna share their training schedule with me?

I want to start trying 10k's, I've done many 5k's before

I'm able to run everyday until high school resumes

I posted in the advice thread but I'll repost it here incase you don't see it

I would alternate training days, some days do long runs, some days do shorter but more intense runs. Increase in distance when you feel it getting easier, and be sure to stretch a lot. I'd also suggest pilates/yoga.. for some reason when I started pilates I improved a lot at xc.. good luck! oh ps nutrution is important as well! lots of carbs before running

When we were in highschool we did pilates/yoga every day, and either a long distance run (~12-15km), a medium but intense run (~4-8km), or sprints, where we sprint for ~100m, then jog slowly/walk for a bit, then 100m sprint. We also did some hill training some days, sprinting up a hill then walking back down and doing it again (was very fun... lots of pukey people on these days)

#179 summerx

summerx
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

im a dancer so i get a pretty good workout doing that
but other then that i like working on my abs and do a lot of those exercises. I refuse to run, its sooo bad for the knees, so if i'm at the gym i'll go on the elliptical.
but i really want to start doing zumba on a daily basis as well, its so much fun

#180 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

Let's talk about how I'm now on a mandatory deloading phase because I sprained my wrist.

On my way to the doc to see what's good.

#181 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

Let's talk about how I'm now on a mandatory deloading phase because I sprained my wrist.

On my way to the doc to see what's good.

ahhh damn man sorry to hear.. hope you have a fast recovery

#182 GoGoGoJon

GoGoGoJon
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

I posted in the advice thread but I'll repost it here incase you don't see it

I would alternate training days, some days do long runs, some days do shorter but more intense runs. Increase in distance when you feel it getting easier, and be sure to stretch a lot. I'd also suggest pilates/yoga.. for some reason when I started pilates I improved a lot at xc.. good luck! oh ps nutrution is important as well! lots of carbs before running

When we were in highschool we did pilates/yoga every day, and either a long distance run (~12-15km), a medium but intense run (~4-8km), or sprints, where we sprint for ~100m, then jog slowly/walk for a bit, then 100m sprint. We also did some hill training some days, sprinting up a hill then walking back down and doing it again (was very fun... lots of pukey people on these days)

Thank you :)

Did you stretch before runs? I read online somewhere that stretching before actually makes your muscles weaker for the run, but not sure how true that is. I stretch before and after a run at the moment

#183 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

Thank you :)

Did you stretch before runs? I read online somewhere that stretching before actually makes your muscles weaker for the run, but not sure how true that is. I stretch before and after a run at the moment

Bullshit. It is essential.

#184 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

Honestly I never really stretched before running, I did a very intense warm up though. I was always sweating after my warm-up, then sometimes I'd do SUPER light stretching.. but for the most part I always did my intense stretching after the run. Though I don't know the scientific answer whether you should or shouldn't, for me it was personal preference, I tried both and picked the one that made me more comfortable.

#185 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

I have been battling myself today about taking a test booster.
Not gonna do it until I'm at least 21 because of endocrine development, if ever.

Anyway, still no lifting because of injury, but I'm dying to work out.

#186 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

just hit the gym and follow my heart

#187 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

So I worked out everyday for a while, but then
(do not read if you do not want to read about menstruating)
Spoiler

so for that five days I was unable to work out, does anyone have any suggestions? Regarding the cramping.

#188 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

Spoiler

so for that five days I was unable to work out, does anyone have any suggestions? Regarding the cramping.

My grandmother always told me that ginger tea is supposed to help with cramps. I've never been able to test it though cause I'm a guy and thus don't get those cramps.

#189 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

My grandmother always told me that ginger tea is supposed to help with cramps. I've never been able to test it though cause I'm a guy and thus don't get those cramps.

Hmm I'll have to try it, I do love tea.

#190 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

Potassium, AKA bananas.
I'm sure you knew that though :p

#191 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Potassium, AKA bananas.
I'm sure you knew that though :p

Yes I've tried bananas, doesn't seem to do much.
Which is sad, because I loveeee bananas :c

#192 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

You all better be lifting and just forgetting to post.
SPECIFICALLY: Jakerz, Ivysaur

Still out on injury :(

#193 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Ok. I need advice again. Last month I managed to crack my kneecap (but in a good way, the doctor said, since I didn't need surgery to correct it or anything) as well as breaking my pinkie. ;-; I can run now with no pain, (it was the 23rd of July, so about 3 weeks, and I recovered fast from my last leg injury too) but I'm not supposed to and I don't exactly want to break anything again, or do something to it. I am allowed to walk as much as I'd like, but does anybody have any advice for helping with my weight loss since I can't do my main form of exercise (running)? Preferably something without equipment, as I don't possess any. Any advice?

Edited by Juturna, 17 August 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#194 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

Eat 500 calories below your maintenance levels every day. You'll start burning off fat.
Also, do tons of pushups, planks, and body weight exercises.

#195 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

You all better be lifting and just forgetting to post.
SPECIFICALLY: Jakerz, Ivysaur

I actually stopped lifting altogether -___-
All i have at home are dumbbells. :L

I hope to start again in a week though.

#196 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

I actually stopped lifting altogether -___-
All i have at home are dumbbells. :L

I hope to start again in a week though.

Why, brah?

#197 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

Still lifting every day here :D Supppeerrr tempted to use roids thooo.. soo many people at my gym tell me stories abt them

Hows the wrist doing?

#198 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

Spoiler

Have you tried midol it works for me. Also after getting into a workout routine I noticed I had less cramping when I'm on the rag. My issue is that I sweat a lot more than usual because it raises my body temperature. Its not a good feeling.

Edited by Mishelle, 18 August 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#199 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

Hmm I'll have to try it, I do love tea.

It works best if you steep the teabag in your vagina.

#200 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

Still lifting every day here :D Supppeerrr tempted to use roids thooo.. soo many people at my gym tell me stories abt them

Hows the wrist doing?

Wrist is progressing, still 1-2 weeks off. Fuuu. Thanks though.

If you're going to cycle, do a prohormone first or a DS like H-Bol. Easier for a first cycle and it's oral so you don't need to pin. You still may need SERMs for PCT though. You're not supposed to cycle until your diet is on point though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users