Quantcast

Photo

Which of these would be considered cheating?

yolo am i screwed

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#126 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Did you miss the post where I explicitly did clearly state where I would "draw the line", despite objecting to the specific phrase?

And yet you weaseled your way out of a firm response by adding that one could reason with a ping of jealousy (on your part).

My point is that you did not state what acts would inspire jealousy. Not anger and/or a reaction; something that would inspire the emotion in you.

... or is secure with himself.

I'm not asking what would cause him to act on his jealousy.
I'm asking what could cause it.

Edited by Ivysaur, 27 February 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#127 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Holy crap I hope there was a friend zone shelter in the vicinity.

Yeah, it was the nerd's lunch table.

#128 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

And yet you weaseled your way out of a firm response by adding that one could reason with a ping of jealousy (on your part).

My point is that you did not state what acts would inspire jealousy. Not anger and/or a reaction; something that would inspire the emotion in you.

What is a "ping of jealousy"? I don't understand your sentence.

I didn't weasel my way out of anything, I told you where I would "draw the line" for having a discussion about appropriateness.

In my current relationship, I don't think anything would inspire jealousy. I trust Cristen absolutely. That's not true for past relationships, but those are over for various reasons, including some with serious trust issues which were absolutely validated post fact.

I'm not asking what would cause him to act on his jealousy.

I'm asking what could cause it.

I don't think you understand what it is to be totally secure in a relationship.

#129 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

What is a "ping of jealousy"? I don't understand your sentence.

I didn't weasel my way out of anything, I told you where I would "draw the line" for having a discussion about appropriateness.

In my current relationship, I don't think anything would inspire jealousy. I trust Cristen absolutely. That's not true for past relationships, but those are over for various reasons, including some with serious trust issues which were absolutely validated post fact.

I don't think you understand what it is to be totally secure in a relationship.

Trust me, I have absolute and complete trust in Chappy (I dunno if she'd mind me using her real name).

The time we've been together and things we've endured is a testament to that so don't go there.

I'm not questioning your trust in Cristen nor am I challenging it.

I'm just asking you, is there anything at all that would inspire jealousy? Even just a flash of it?

I doubt it's possible to go through a relationship without EVER feeling jealous or insecure.

Anyone who says otherwise is lying.
Given of course that it should NOT be something you feel on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis but it's inevitable.

#130 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

I doubt it's possible to go through a relationship without EVER feeling jealous or insecure.

Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

????? ???

I can honestly say that so far in my relationship with Chocobro, I haven't felt those at all o.o 

#131 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

????? ???

I can honestly say that so far in my relationship with Chocobro, I haven't felt those at all o.o 

How long have you been with him? (Again... curiosity)

I've been with Chappy 4 years and even though I can count the  times I was legit jealous on one hand, they still happened.

#132 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

How long have you been with him? (Again... curiosity)

I've been with Chappy 4 years and even though I can count the  times I was legit jealous on one hand, they still happened.

Two years now :p

#133 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

I'm just asking you, is there anything at all that would inspire jealousy? Even just a flash of it?

I've answered that; I don't think so.

#134 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

I've answered that; I don't think so.

What if she had an ex-boyfriend who was good looking, had fabulous hair and a more impressive Pokemon figurine collection than you?

#135 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

What if she had an ex-boyfriend who was good looking, had fabulous hair and a more impressive Pokemon figurine collection than you?

Impossible.

#136 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

What Patrick said :p

#137 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Why should anyone be jealous of that? An ex is an ex for a reason. Or for a lot of reasons. 

#138 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Why should anyone be jealous of that? An ex is an ex for a reason. Or for a lot of reasons. 

But the Pokemon!

#139 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

But the Pokemon!

You can just buy those Pokemon figs!

#140 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

But the Pokemon!

Yeah that makes up for the premature ejaculation.

#141 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

I'll quote an acquaintance here:

"You're not cumming early, you just find the girl so attractive that you can't hold it in". 

#142 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

I have to agree that this is a communication issue. If you have limitations set and they are understood mutually, what does it matter?
It's just like some men give their girlfriends the go ahead to be scissor sisters with their BFF because they think it's hot and they don't classify that as cheating. If guys can be okay with that, why can't they be okay with their lady indulging in a little triple X groovy with their male friend? 

Again, personally my husband and I are not comfortable with it. I'm not allowed to finger bang my BFF.

Those are things we have communicated to one another, and agreed upon.
It's a preference. 

DISCLAIMER: Before you all start jumping on my ass and calling me sexist. This goes for males and females alike. THANKS.

Edited by Kate, 27 February 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#143 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Who told you about that?

#144 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Who told you about that?

One of the ladies in my knitting circle.

#145 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Fucking Betty...she may have lived through WWII but that woman sure can't keep her mouth shut.

#146 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

#147 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

loose-lips-sink-ships-posters2.jpg

I was going to refer to that but what I was planning to say was pretty distasteful even in my own head so I figured it was best to avoid it. :p

#148 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Lol I don't know if I should respond since I'm all late and Ivy said like everything possible XDD

But to me I think if your going into a relationship there is some commitment at the very least. It's a balance of communication and respect.

I don't understand what would possess you to take a shower with someone or like give favors if your dating. 

I also agree with Ivy on ex-boyfriends/girlfriends. I am a very jealous person in general (apologies) so I may be bias, but I also think I don't have any guy friends I would do any of those things with. *shrug*  Maybe it's just me since I think holding hands is more intimate than linking arms so I think everything in that list is boarder line cheating. 

Sweeney, I kinda understand your point ,but I still think there should be a line for relationships. I'm not enforcing because obviously you don't have one XD I just think it's respectful to not do those things. May I ask if there is anything you consider cheating? (I scanned most of the pages ,but I apologize if I missed this one)

#149 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Of course there are things I consider cheating. I've outlined that in a previous post.

#150 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

But that's the thing. You don't know enough about it to call it an emotional affair, even if if your SO doing it. Unless your SO has told you that they have intimate, romantic feelings for the other person.

And really, there is no sole definition for any one thing. Language is not prescriptive. I disagree with the definition that you gave, and have told you why. You ignored that in favour of an argument from authority, which is fallacious.

Finally, you write an awful lot for someone who doesn't give a shit.

I repeat; why would it?

What if they don't realize they have intimate, romantic feelings? There are plenty of people who have no idea that they love someone until someone else points it out. Sitcoms are built on that shit.

So if your boyfriend thought that your relationship with another male friend was inappropriate, then it would be?

I don't think you believe that.

Yes, it would be. If he feels it is inappropriate, then it would be because it is hurting his feelings. I think that if I disagreed and maintained the relationship behind his back, then I would be engaging in an emotional affair regardless of whether I think it is platonic or not because my emotions (romantic or otherwise) would be invested in a way that was unhealthy to our relationship. 

Am I the only one who finds kissing on the lips between family members a bit odd?

Lip-kissing on family is fucking weird. Even with my girls, I go a half inch above the head and make a smacking noise. Unless I'm sleeping with you, you don't get kisses on the face if you're over a year old. That's all there is to it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yolo, am i screwed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users