• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#26 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:51 AM

That's pretty much impossible because planes have ram air turbines to provide emergency power to things like communications and emergency beacons even if the rest of the power system fails catastrophically. ;) Also, even if the electrical system did fail the plane would have been able to glide for quite a long time giving them plenty of opportunity to communicate with somebody and they should still show up on radar during that time so it doesn't really explain how they haven't found even a sign of them since.

If the electrical fault occurred in the right place (which apparently isn't that improbable) literally all communication systems would go down. If the fault has occurred at the connection to the comms system, they'd stop broadcasting. That's the only way they've gone off the radar, and anyone is still alive. 

It seems more and more likely now that they have been shot down by some western super (pfft) power that has a history of shooting down planes by mistake. 

#27 Doomsday

Doomsday
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:54 AM

@Strategist - Nah he's a civil engineer / town planner from memory (I tried to quote your post, but the quote thing doesn't work in IE on Win8)

As for the terrorist theory, unlikely - There has been no Terrorist group claiming responsibility for the hijacking or taking down of the plane.  That's not something that terrorists do, it's not terrorism if you aren't making a statement and instilling 'fear' or visible violence.

Edited by Doomsday, 11 March 2014 - 04:56 AM.

#28 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:15 AM

malaysia making headlines for the wrong reasons. -le sigh-

malaysia airlines has been recording loss for god knows how many quarters now. with this incident, i bet this national courier won't last long. :/

#29 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

According to CNN the two stolen passports were used by two Iranians who were trying to get to Germany, neither has been found to have any affiliation with a terrorist group. They entered Malaysia using legit Iranian passports, but bought tickets and boarded the plane with stolen passports.

This just keeps getting weirder and weirder, still no evidence of where or why the plane disappeared, they are looking both over land and water.

#30 Floofy

Floofy
  • 48 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

I keep thinking government coverup.  Something to do with the people who snuck on board with fake passports or such what I heard.

#31 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

Quite scary actually, newest update about Strait of Malacca is mind boggling!

CNN has a good summary of what's going on so far.

#32 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

http://www.reuters.c...EA2A0KM20140311

I just read about that. What the fuck.

#33 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Quite scary actually, newest update about Strait of Malacca is mind boggling!

CNN has a good summary of what's going on so far.

I've been following that today as well, it's just crazy. They showed a picture of a map with how far the plane could have gone in any direction with how much fuel it had left, and it's just so vast. I feel like they have a little more direction since they now know that the last radar detection is hundreds of miles away from where they originally thought.

#34 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

My OCD has kicked in and I'm addicted. Have to go to Uni in half an hour... O.o

Emily, If it was their intention to go back to KL if something was wrong, how did they fly past it and end up in the strait?!? I just can't fathom it! Hope, hope they will survive or had a quick painless death :(

#35 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

My OCD has kicked in and I'm addicted. Have to go to Uni in half an hour... O.o

Emily, If it was their intention to go back to KL if something was wrong, how did they fly past it and end up in the strait?!? I just can't fathom it! Hope, hope they will survive or had a quick painless death :(

I doubt it was their intention to go back to KL. They would have told air traffic control that they were coming back if that was the case. If something was wrong, they should have sent out a distress signal. I have no idea what is going on here. 

#36 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:56 PM

Unless something was wrong, had a malfunction (where the transponder failed, power failure etc.) and continued/floated to KL airport...? But went past and landed in the strait? I dunno, I'm so confused, my mind is constantly trying to figure out what's happened...

#37 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

It's just weird that they lost communications in one place and were picked up by radar in another place in the complete opposite direction of where they were supposed to be.

#38 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

@_@ My head hurts from all of this confusion.. Thank god for vallium.. :p

#39 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

It's just weird that they lost communications in one place and were picked up by radar in another place in the complete opposite direction of where they were supposed to be.

Extremely weird. 

The one thing I'm wondering is, if they're still alive (anything is possible at this point lmao), why has no one made contact with their families. In 9/11, people called their families before the planes crashed. If I was a passenger on the plane, and the plane was turning back and going far past where we came from, I would make a few phone calls. Unless they took their phones. I DUNNO MY MIND IS FUCKED.

#40 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

Extremely weird. 

The one thing I'm wondering is, if they're still alive (anything is possible at this point lmao), why has no one made contact with their families. In 9/11, people called their families before the planes crashed. If I was a passenger on the plane, and the plane was turning back and going far past where we came from, I would make a few phone calls. Unless they took their phones. I DUNNO MY MIND IS FUCKED.

I'm one of the 9/11 conspiracy theorists... don't want me to get started xD

But I've wondered that as well, if it was an "electrical" failure and they lost engines, they would have glided for a while before "landing" or crashing somewhere. 

Which leads me to believe that it was a catastrophic explosion of sorts... but like everyone else my mind is just going all over the place. I really hope these new leads push them in the right direction to uncover some evidence of the plane.

Edited by Rocket, 11 March 2014 - 04:20 PM.

#41 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:26 PM

I'm one of the 9/11 conspiracy theorists... don't want me to get started xD

But I've wondered that as well, if it was an "electrical" failure and they lost engines, they would have glided for a while before "landing" or crashing somewhere. 

Which leads me to believe that it was a catastrophic explosion of sorts... but like everyone else my mind is just going all over the place. I really hope these new leads push them in the right direction to uncover some evidence of the plane.

There was one plane that NTSB said suffered an electrical failure but conspiracists believe it was shot down by a rocket (TWA 800).

Edited by jinq, 11 March 2014 - 07:26 PM.

#42 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

The Malaysian government is holding back information, they have been holding back information the whole time....they knew about the plane "turning" and "going" to the strait 2 days ago, but just decided to tell everyone today. They most likely know what happened (shot it down because they saw it as a UFO? unknown flying object, not damn aliens).

Either that or the Malaysian government is just dumb.

#43 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:17 AM

49c0e1a06684c413343b9443b80792f4b621c0b9

#44 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:43 AM

The Malaysian government is holding back information, they have been holding back information the whole time....they knew about the plane "turning" and "going" to the strait 2 days ago, but just decided to tell everyone today. They most likely know what happened (shot it down because they saw it as a UFO? unknown flying object, not damn aliens).

Either that or the Malaysian government is just dumb.

Apparently the military didn't confirm that it had turned back now. It seems pretty strange that a modern country is unable to track every major, registered aircraft within its airspace to within even a hundred mile radius...

#45 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

http://www.tomnod.co...aysiaairsar2014

Help scour the ocean for clue!

#46 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

Apparently the military didn't confirm that it had turned back now. It seems pretty strange that a modern country is unable to track every major, registered aircraft within its airspace to within even a hundred mile radius...

Distractions are working, aren't they?

#47 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

Malaysia has no freakin clue where to look - they are completely disorganised. Every 12 hours they're adding a new area of the sea to the search list. While we're at it maybe we should widen the haystack to the entire world's ocean.

#48 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:38 AM

Malaysia has no freakin clue where to look - they are completely disorganised. Every 12 hours they're adding a new area of the sea to the search list. While we're at it maybe we should widen the haystack to the entire world's ocean.

well of course they have no clue where it is, it disappeared from radar. They keep widening the search because where it could be is endless (well not exactly) but the area the plane could have traveled with the amount of fuel left, is so vast.

#49 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

The plane was really a rocket and they're actually starting a colony on the moon.

#50 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

well of course they have no clue where it is, it disappeared from radar. They keep widening the search because where it could be is endless (well not exactly) but the area the plane could have traveled with the amount of fuel left, is so vast.

If that pilot was experienced (started flying in '81 I believe) he wasn't a complete idiot. He would've flown at a low altitude and possibly circled for all nine hours he had remaining if he had to. He would've manouvered it back because he felt unsafe landing anywhere...so I understand the search efforts.

What disturbs me is that an official in the chair force (who did not want to be named) gives out info saying they were on radar for another hour and 10 mins after they lost communications, that they were clearly headed back and appeared to be travelling to the Malacca Strait (close to the tiniest and only island in that part of the Strait)...then hours later the General decides to throw out that info as incorrect. Then they start a new search in another part. Malaysia is just as lost as the plane itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users