• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#51 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:06 AM

9 hours of what remaining? Fuel? Probably less than that, flying lower uses more fuel. Flying low technically wouldn't be at "cruising" altitude. They still would have had hours of fuel left though, but if he was flying low for 9 hours or whatever they would have had left someone would have seen the plane or heard it. You're telling me one of the biggest commercial planes made was flying under radar, or close to under radar for 9 or whatever hours and no one saw it?

#52 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

9 hours of what remaining? Fuel? Probably less than that, flying lower uses more fuel. Flying low technically wouldn't be at "cruising" altitude. They still would have had hours of fuel left though, but if he was flying low for 9 hours or whatever they would have had left someone would have seen the plane or heard it. You're telling me one of the biggest commercial planes made was flying under radar, or close to under radar for 9 or whatever hours and no one saw it?

They weren't too low. Usual is about 35,000 feet and the last readings in the last hour were sent back at 1,000 feet lower than usual. The pilot was beginning to fly lower to avoid collisions...then the readings stopped. If they continued at that pace why DIDN'T anyone see anything? Not even one of the 20,000 fisherman that wake up bright and early for the mornings catch like every morning? Or if they flew over the rocky island why didn't someone think what on earth a giant plane was flying so low for?

Bet Malaysia will comb the moon for Futurama's theory.

#53 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

Not sure if agreeing with me on the flying low part or not?

#54 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

I didn't realize we had members of the NTSB here  :shifty:

#55 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:50 AM

Well now you know.

#56 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

shhhh you're not supposed to tell people my job.

#57 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

I didn't realize we had members of the NTSB here  :shifty:

It's common sense, if a huge ass plane was flying over your house at low altitudes (under radar altitudes) you'd hear it/ see it. That shit would probably knock some stuff off your walls.

#58 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

All knowledge has a use even if we don't have the knowledge to know when that knowledge is of use to know.

Please don't say things like that. Yung quotes them to me at inopportune times.

#59 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

Please don't say things like that. Yung quotes them to me at inopportune times.

Those unable to innovate do tend to imitate.

#60 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

Those unable to innovate do tend to imitate.

2+2=4

-edit-

The Malasyian plane that's missing is the 404th 777 made. 404 pages are everywhere, coincidence? I think not.

I was joking, but it really is the 404th 777 made.

Edited by Futurama, 12 March 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#61 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

Apparently, Chinese satellites have detected a "suspected crash area."

We shall see. Too many other false alarms for me to believe it until they actually go to the site and get a ping lol

#62 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

This is literally consuming my life..

#63 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

http://www.news.com....q-1226853195656

Thanks @Strategist :p I'M EVEN MORE CONFUSED NOW.

#64 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

I found it quite an interesting read but there are too many theories out there, so much speculation :/ It's just way too odd, like you said, that no one managed to use their cell phone at any time either :S

#65 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

I found it quite an interesting read but there are too many theories out there, so much speculation :/ It's just way too odd, like you said, that no one managed to use their cell phone at any time either :S

Yeah. I mean I guess it's plausible that they could have collected cell phones, but I don't know how they would have done it without someone at least using theirs once or hiding it. There are too many passengers for it to be that easy lol

#66 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

whaaat?? all the theories all the unknown.. my head is going to explode :p

Malaysian authorities believe they have several "pings" of engine data from the airliner's service data system, known as ACARS, transmitted to satellites in the four to five hours after the last transponder signal, suggesting the plane is believed to have flown to the Indian Ocean, a senior U.S. official told CNN. That information combined with known radar data and knowledge of fuel range leads officials to believe the plane may have made it to that ocean, which is in the opposite direction of the plane's original route.

Malaysian government needs to get their shit together, first they say "no, no way that's true" and now they are saying the exact opposite, that it's possible.

#67 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:34 PM

Do all planes even have cell service? lol
I mean maybe I sound stupid but when I flew to visit my Dad a few years ago there was no cell phone service or wifi on the planes....

#68 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

Do all planes even have cell service? lol
I mean maybe I sound stupid but when I flew to visit my Dad a few years ago there was no cell phone service or wifi on the planes....

You're not meant to have your phone switched on during flights on most planes still.

#69 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

You're not meant to have your phone switched on during flights on most planes still.

Yeah.. So, I'm not really understanding why everyone thinks it's so weird that people weren't using their cell phones on the plane to call for help... :/
Do I live under a rock or something? 

#70 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:43 PM

I've had my phone on during flights, and when you are at 35,000 there is no cell service. You have to be pretty close to the ground to get some as well. And if you are in the middle of the ocean there isn't going to be wifi/cell service either.

#71 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

I've had my phone on during flights, and when you are at 35,000 there is no cell service. You have to be pretty close to the ground to get some as well. And if you are in the middle of the ocean there isn't going to be wifi/cell service either.

Right.. That's pretty much what I was getting at :p 

#72 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

Yeah.. So, I'm not really understanding why everyone thinks it's so weird that people weren't using their cell phones on the plane to call for help... :/
Do I live under a rock or something? 

Unless they're all going around with satellite phones. :p

#73 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

Unless they're all going around with satellite phones. :p

Pffffft, likely story!

#74 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

271211_620.jpg

it's time to turn to the almighty lord to give some clues! :p

#75 Doomsday

Doomsday
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

Not true, most flights you can have your phone switched on but it is supposed to be put in airplane mode (any electronic devices are) which will shut off all the signals the phone sends and receives (no Bluetooth, wifi, cell reception etc).  Devices are supposed to be switched off during take off and landing but can be switched on once the flight is in the air.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users