biggest loser weight loss teamwork

• Please log in to reply
685 replies to this topic

#126 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

So I'm home from work now and I really wanted to go for a bike ride or even a walk, but it's raining horribly :/ I wouldn't mind if it was just sprinkling, but we're forecast for heavy rain all week "April Showers, Bring May Flowers" Bullshit.

What are some cardio-ish things I can do indoors? I have a fair amount of space I can do stuff in without breaking anything xD jumping jacks? 

#127 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

Proud of each and every one of you!!

On an unrelated note, even with my high ankle sprain and all, was able to get into the pool today and swim about 500m with a fin on my right foot to support my kick

If anyone is interested, I can start a fitocracy group and we can all track our workouts and all!

I'd be interested in that group. I'm not sure if my pool is open yet, but if it is I'll see about getting a pass so I can swim in it. If it isn't, I'll see if I can use the JCC's pool. I miss swimming, it's really quite fun.

#128 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

Not when they don't come in a package. They come direct from the seafood section, so they're wrapped in paper with just the price on them. You can add foods that aren't on the list on myfitnesspal, it's just that i can't add salmon dogs because I don't know the calories, so adding them would be sort of useless.

Ask someone at Whole Foods next time. I'm sure they're used to customers asking annoying questions about what is in the food that they sell. In the meantime, here are the nutrition facts for AquaCuisine's Smoked Salmon Franks if you want an estimate. They seem pretty healthy.

nf_salmon_franks.jpg

#129 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

So I'm home from work now and I really wanted to go for a bike ride or even a walk, but it's raining horribly :/ I wouldn't mind if it was just sprinkling, but we're forecast for heavy rain all week "April Showers, Bring May Flowers" Bullshit.

What are some cardio-ish things I can do indoors? I have a fair amount of space I can do stuff in without breaking anything xD jumping jacks? 

Some things that you consider doing right inside your home that will def get your heart rate up is some jumping jacks, half jacks, burpees and high knees. Consider doing a small circuit workout and you can also get some upper body in there too!

Start off doing about 25 jumping jacks, 10 push ups, 20 high knees, 25 situp, 10 burpees, and finally finish off with some half jacks (jumping jacks but your arms only go half way up, so that they are horizontal with the ground). Do this circuit about 2-3 times and you'll have a good sweat in!

I'd be interested in that group. I'm not sure if my pool is open yet, but if it is I'll see about getting a pass so I can swim in it. If it isn't, I'll see if I can use the JCC's pool. I miss swimming, it's really quite fun.

Swimming def tones the body up! If you can't get out to the pool, just go out for a light jog. I love running in the rain because it helps to cool me down, and reminds me of when I was a young pup and used to go out and play in the rain!

#130 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

Ask someone at Whole Foods next time. I'm sure they're used to customers asking annoying questions about what is in the food that they sell. In the meantime, here are the nutrition facts for AquaCuisine's Smoked Salmon Franks if you want an estimate. They seem pretty healthy.

nf_salmon_franks.jpg

Dat sodium

#131 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

Dat sodium

They're hot dogs. Made out of smoked salmon. What do you expect?

#132 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

Some things that you consider doing right inside your home that will def get your heart rate up is some jumping jacks, half jacks, burpees and high knees. Consider doing a small circuit workout and you can also get some upper body in there too!

Start off doing about 25 jumping jacks, 10 push ups, 20 high knees, 25 situp, 10 burpees, and finally finish off with some half jacks (jumping jacks but your arms only go half way up, so that they are horizontal with the ground). Do this circuit about 2-3 times and you'll have a good sweat in!

Would you suggest doing this pre or post dinner? It's not even 5pm yet where I am, and i usually eat around 630pm.

#133 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

Would you suggest doing this pre or post dinner? It's not even 5pm yet where I am, and i usually eat around 630pm.

Work out first (unless you haven't eaten all day), then eat something high in protein.

#134 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

It depends on you really. I can't workout on a full stomach, I usually take a pre-workout supplement before my workout. I know guys who can eat pounds of food, then go work out like it's nothing. Totally up to you :)

#135 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

It depends on you really. I can't workout on a full stomach, I usually take a pre-workout supplement before my workout. I know guys who can eat pounds of food, then go work out like it's nothing. Totally up to you :)

I'm gonna do it now! So I don't forget and thenn say oh I'll do it later.. :D *turns on some jams*

#136 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

Get it @Rocket!!

#137 Speedracer

Speedracer
  • The Triforce of Herp

• 771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

If anyone is interested, I can start a fitocracy group and we can all track our workouts and all!

Was just about to ask this, I'm all for it

#138 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

I only rode my bike for about 30 minutes, but even that is mostly a mixture of leisure pacing, high cadence up a hill and not crashing in into park cars.

@Ali I didn't selfie while riding. It was dark already and when I did try to selfie, I realize I don't have the multitasking capabilities.

Here's my new bike that I bought for 90 buck  meant for teenagers because I look like a high school sophomore in both stature and face.

Spoiler

#139 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

ok I'm dead.. I laid on the floor for a good few minutes just dying. I'm so out of shape -_-

#140 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

ok I'm dead.. I laid on the floor for a good few minutes just dying. I'm so out of shape -_-

LOL Dis! I end up a bit like that after I haven't worked out in awhile.

Last night, midnight sometime I did a small 10 minutes routine. About to do a 30-40 minute routine very soon and hopefully have something nice and simple for lunch. Work at 3:30 again, thank god it is only a 3 day work week but It is going to be an absolute killer at work... I guess that's what happens when you work at a supermarket xD 6 days worth of stock to be pumped out in 3 days, fun.

Again @Rocket here is a rather good fitness application too. I've started to use it and its so good that I've subscribed to the premium. 

https://itunes.apple...d535640259?mt=8

There are other in app purchasing options but I just went with premium since I will be doing 2 routines some days and would like to switch to a smaller routine for the second time. 

#141 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:55 PM

I only rode my bike for about 30 minutes, but even that is mostly a mixture of leisure pacing, high cadence up a hill and not crashing in into park cars.

@Ali I didn't selfie while riding. It was dark already and when I did try to selfie, I realize I don't have the multitasking capabilities.

Here's my new bike that I bought for 90 buck  meant for teenagers because I look like a high school sophomore in both stature and face.

Spoiler

Your Road Safety Monitor approves of this decision.

#142 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

HUUUUUULA HOOOOOOPING

I fucking LOVE hooping.  I bought a ton of tubing and made my own last year.  I've felt too shitty to hoop for the past few months, but I did it a bit this weekend and will be doing it more and more now that I'm back ON

Here's a picture of me with my trusty sidekick, my gargantuan water bottle

LtST8Czl.jpg

It goes with me everywhere.  It's 64 ounces, so eight 8oz glasses.  I drink one errday.

#143 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

LOL Dis! I end up a bit like that after I haven't worked out in awhile.

Last night, midnight sometime I did a small 10 minutes routine. About to do a 30-40 minute routine very soon and hopefully have something nice and simple for lunch. Work at 3:30 again, thank god it is only a 3 day work week but It is going to be an absolute killer at work... I guess that's what happens when you work at a supermarket xD 6 days worth of stock to be pumped out in 3 days, fun.

Again @Rocket here is a rather good fitness application too. I've started to use it and its so good that I've subscribed to the premium. 

https://itunes.apple...d535640259?mt=8

There are other in app purchasing options but I just went with premium since I will be doing 2 routines some days and would like to switch to a smaller routine for the second time. 

Awh they don't have that app for Android, but for now I'm just logging my meals and exercise in MyFitnessPal.

HUUUUUULA HOOOOOOPING

I fucking LOVE hooping.  I bought a ton of tubing and made my own last year.  I've felt too shitty to hoop for the past few months, but I did it a bit this weekend and will be doing it more and more now that I'm back ON

Here's a picture of me with my trusty sidekick, my gargantuan water bottle

It goes with me everywhere.  It's 64 ounces, so eight 8oz glasses.  I drink one errday.

Oooh I think I have an old hula hoop laying around! I'll give that a go too and see if I still suck at it xD Also that is a HYOOOGE water bottle!

#144 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

You know what I just finished some on the spot run/jog/dance like thing, 5 minutes of it (another 30  mins of stuff to go) but I thought I'd say this... I feel like a fucking anchor when I and doing jumping jacks or whatever when I hit the ground because my stomach fat, under arm fat and love hip area just bounces around and its so uncomfortable -.-

#145 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

You know what I just finished some on the spot run/jog/dance like thing, 5 minutes of it (another 30  mins of stuff to go) but I thought I'd say this... I feel like a fucking anchor when I and doing jumping jacks or whatever when I hit the ground because my stomach fat, under arm fat and love hip area just bounces around and its so uncomfortable -.-

try having obnoxious boobs :/

#146 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

try having obnoxious boobs :/

I know that feeling. I can't do jumping jacks or any type of jumping because they insist on bouncing a ton. They annoy me with running as well, but since I go so slowly and walk for most of my runs, they're not that bad. But any kind of jumping, or even running up stairs, causes them to have a bounce marathon. I wish I could jump rope, I liked that activity, but my boobs insist on making it so I can't really do it. 

Edited by Satsuki, 21 April 2014 - 06:39 PM.

#147 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

I know that feeling. I can't do jumping jacks or any type of jumping because they insist on bouncing a ton. They annoy me with running as well, but since I go so slowly and walk for most of my runs, they're not that bad. But any kind of jumping, or even running up stairs, causes them to have a bounce marathon. I wish I could jump rope, I liked that activity, but my boobs insist on making it so I can't really do it. 

bra + sports bra. it helps a bit with holding them down but meh sometimes you just gotta let them fly in the name of fitness.

#148 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Well when I was 15 and 170kg I had to wear 16 E womans sports bra and a lycra suit to stop my fat from hurting me.

#149 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

bra + sports bra. it helps a bit with holding them down but meh sometimes you just gotta let them fly in the name of fitness.

I see how wearing a bra, even with a sports bra, while exercising would be comfortable. If I'm doing anything with jumping, which I usually don't do because of my really weak ankles, I'll try wearing two sports bras and see if that helps anything.

Edited by Satsuki, 21 April 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#150 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

Ok so I created the fitocracy group. I just need some people to invite to the group!!!!

1) GO to fitocracy.com and chose to sign up.

2) Once you have signed up, PM me your username so that I can invite you to the group.

Super simple :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biggest loser, weight loss, teamwork

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users